Links2Care is a non-profit, charitable, community service organization delivering a wide variety of programs and services to enhance the lives of Halton Region and Mississauga children, youth, adults and seniors.
Overview of Position:
This is a summer student placement position requiring fundraising and marketing knowledge combined with a passion for supporting youth!
Approximate length of placement: 4 months (May 1 to August 31, 2014)
35 hours per week - Monday to Friday. May include some evening and weekend work.
This position is in the Georgetown and Acton area.
Reporting to the Director, Children, Youth and Community Support Services, the Youth Program Assistant (Fundraising & Marketing) will be responsible for researching, coordinating and executing fundraising initiatives, tasks and events for Links2Care Youth Programs. The Youth Program Assistant will manage a marketing campaign that is focused on increasing public awareness of Links2Care Youth Services and the Links2Care brand. As an employee of Links2Care, the Youth Program Assistant will actively demonstrate the Values of Links2Care and will support the Mission and Vision of the agency.
1. Possess an outgoing, assertive and friendly personality, with the ability to establish rapport, build positive relationships and effectively communicate with diverse individuals.
2. Be enrolled in a post secondary fundraising, marketing or non-profit/voluntary sector leadership program, or other relevant program.
3. Have fundraising/marketing knowledge with a passion for supporting youth.
4. Exhibit initiative, innovation and creative thinking.
5. Possess excellent networking, promotion and presentation skills.
6. Have knowledge of youth services and the programs and services provided by Links2Care (is an asset!)
7. Demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
8. Be proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office.
9. Have the ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
10. The completion of a recent satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen is required prior to employment.
11. As this position will require some travel within Halton, the successful candidate must have a reliable vehicle, a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance coverage on their vehicle.
This position involves working mainly in an office environment with some travel throughout Halton Hills. Some lifting of larger/heavier items up to 25 lbs. may be required.
How to Apply: Please reference Job#07 - 2014 - Youth Program Assistant
If you believe you have what it takes to assist Links2Care in its fundraising, marketing and promotional strategies with the goal of sustaining its youth programs and services, you are encouraged to submit a cover letter, detailing how your qualifications match the responsibilities and qualifications of this position, along with a resume:
Links2Care is an equal opportunity employer, committed to making reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in its hiring process, upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but regret that only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
For more information about Links2Care and to view the full job posting, please visit www.links2care.ca