Founded in 2005, LinguaComm developed the world's first "smart" mobile app that engages you in realistic simulated conversations. Building on years of research into best practices in conversational language learning and interactive design, we created Supiki. Supiki aims to help 1 Billion English language learners meet their need for affordable conversation practice anytime, anywhere without embarrassment. We are undergoing rapid commercialization and are looking for talented and enthusiastic additions to the team!
As our Marketing and Social Media Coordinator, you'll help us drive social media, digital marketing and traditional marketing as far as it can go -- and then some. You love your work, are creative, detailed, organized and social media savvy. You understand how traditional and digital marketing work together. If you're energetic, passionate about marketing and want to break "new ground", take a look below to see if you have what it takes to join the team.
- Influence and execute marketing plans, web analytics, and perform marketing campaign analysis
- Maintain, manage and actively engage in social media and networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) in order to promote the brand and support growth targets
- Develop public relations programs and unpaid media campaigns through the use of traditional media and social media including, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other professional blogs, etc
- Coordinate and maintain Twitter copy for key characters of the "Newcomers" animated series
- Strategize and recommend optimization of all digital and traditional marketing channels
- Coordinate the design of print and online marketing pieces both externally and internally
- Copywriting and or editing of press releases, newsletters, websites, and selected print collateral
- Prepare and present results of marketing activities, the results of each, and recommendations for testing and improvement
- Assist with media buying for print, web ads, etc
- Organize, prepare and participate in periodic marketing events primarily in Metro Vancouver.
- Manage our marketing ambassadors and the Supiki mascot at Metro Vancouver events.
- Coordinate marketing initiatives including research on consumer targets, consumer and community events and industry speaking engagements
Related University degree, diploma or equivalent professional qualification, ideally in marketing or communications
A minimum of 3 years recent, related marketing experience, ideally associated with consumer applications or in a professional marketing department.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Proven ability to translate marketing strategies into tactics; successful experience with traditional and digital marketing techniques
- Advanced knowledge of social media communications and social media marketing campaigns
- Experience with collateral development software tools including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Demonstrated graphic design sense and artistic ability
- Skilled and proficient in the use of web development tools and concepts, specifically Drupal
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Solid understanding of SEM and SEO methods and practices
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Ads and Facebook Ads
- Understanding of the latest technologies and their application to marketing
- Experience with app marketing techniques focused on Android and iPhone communities
- Experience marketing to ESL and EFL markets internationally
- Experience with multi-cultural and ethnic marketing
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese or Spanish (written and spoken)
- A proven commitment to excellence
- Passionate about marketing and takes pride in representing the Supiki brand
- Proactive and able to adapt well to change
- Excellent time management skills, and a proven ability to meet deadlines
- A good and pro-active communicator
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- An excellent collaborator with the ability to work productively with other team members
- Self-motivated and able to work well without supervision
- A commitment to learning and professional growth
- Able to telecommute
- Located in Metro Vancouver
TO APPLY, please email a cover letter and your resume (in Word or PDF format) in confidence.
Please note that only the selected candidates will be contacted.
Linguacomm Enterprises Inc.