Linamar Employee Reviews in Canada

NA (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMarch 31, 2016
good place to work but needs to improve a few things such as technology processes and benefits.
Work closely with higher management including CFO/CEO
Coworkers are great. Nice small teams.
Money and hours when busy, not round year work, no job security/advancement
Welder (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 25, 2016
Production work, good pay if you are a quiet obedient slave, asked to take breaks late 9/10 days and some days miss breaks. 5 days a week, 6 when they are busy and overtime is mandatory whenever they feel like, family takes a back seat, overtime always during summer saturdays. hardest part of the job is knowing management says one thing and does another, they have mottos and slogans townhall team meetings but its all mental nonesense mindgames, only a child would fall for that BS. best part of the job is working with some real people who have lives and families just like you do, and who you can relate to.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Mandatory Saturdays during the best weather/weekends, low IQ management
Terrible Environment, Terrible Conditions, Poor Compensation
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONAugust 13, 2016
A typical work day would require dealing with excessive heat, high productivity demands and poor resources.
The owner cultivates a culture of greed and impersonal tactics. Little value placed on people, unless they are manipulating the media. They are accustomed to high employee turnover. Pressured to work excessive hours.
Co-workers stick to their click groups
Hardest part of the job is the poor compensation package.
Learned new skills
a stifling environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJuly 11, 2016
there is nothing i could possibly say that this could make this an attractive workplace...if you enjoy working with lazy and mentally deficient persons, then by all means....do it. not the brightest bunch
Pros
free dough nuts
Cons
6 day rotating shifts
It's factory manual labour, it's simple repetitive work that anyone can do.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMarch 1, 2016
This is simple manual labour that is very repetitive. It's a punch in punch out and go home type of job.
I learned a lot about the machining and auto manufacturing business and how things are made. The co-workers were all generally very helpful and good people to work with. Rotating shifts in 2 week intervals was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Steady dependable paycheck
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Nice Place to Work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONAugust 13, 2016
Linamar provides you with a stable job, allowing you to earn money for your family and to provide a good life for them. The work can be challenging at times.
Pros
Safe Work Place
Cons
Demanding Quotas
good learning place
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2016
I like company and its management. It is a great place to learn and improve skills. I recommend this company to every one.
Auto parts maker
GUAGE TECHNICIAN/QA Tech. Level (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONFebruary 26, 2016
I have worked for 9 plans in Linamar,I can do all jobs in QA department such as Quality inspector, Gauge tech and CMM programmer.
Pros
Cons
12 per day
Great Learning Opertunities
Industrial Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Guelph OnJune 10, 2013
Linamar is very much about getting things done now, no matter what. It's a fantastic place for a smart person to learn a lot very quickly.

I love that I'm encountering challenges and am required to think on a daily basis. I work with Journeyman and help train new apprentices on a daily basis.

The pay and benefits aren't fantastic but it's well worth it for the knowledge
Pros
learning opertunities
Cons
no regard for family or personal life
Valuable
Senior MS Business Intelligence Analyst/Dev (Current Employee) –  Corporate Office, Guelph, Ontario, CanadaJanuary 5, 2016
Contributed
Relax environment
Fun and supportive co-workers
Analysis, Design, Development, Test, Support
Pros
Valuable
Cons
Valuable
good food
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMarch 25, 2015
The people you work with are good and the supervisors are pretty good for the most part, The thoughts that the management team come up with don't make a lot of sense and they have a tendency to push employees a little to hard on some areas of the plant.
Pros
the food
Cons
long hours, pay and management
A good place to work and learn
Electrician/Millwright (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONAugust 25, 2015
I have gained a great deal of hands-on skills and experiences through the years of hard working in this company.
I am definitely willing to work for them again when my family life gets lesser busier in the future.
Productive and shift rotations to different locations to sister companies.
Quality Inspector, Safe-Launch (Former Employee) –  OntarioJanuary 15, 2015
Provided safe-launch quality inspections of auto-parts in different locations to sister companies prior to shipment to customers.

I learned that understanding/clarifying the instruction/drawing of the auto-part prior to starting the inspection will make the job easier and faster.

Management were concerned of quality and the workers needed to be refreshed on the quality systems and procedures and also the business processes of the organization so that the workers will be reminded of the quality requirement and flow of the processes with in the area and to minimize waste.

Co-workers were friendly.

Hardest part of the job was when heavy auto-parts were inspected and were plenty to be done.

The enjoyable part of the job was during breaks, sharing of foods/stories during lunch and snack break.
A typical Day there
Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONAugust 28, 2015
I moved there for that job with Linamar and I drove a tow motor there and helped out others, love working for them. I'd move back there again in a heartbeat.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Manufacturing life
Robotics & Automation/Process Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 2, 2014
Decent pay for co-op student. Work was sometimes stressful and hard to complete. Very high pace and very demanding. Great learning experience though for a co-op job. Management was helpful and great to work with
Pros
good learning environment
Cons
long hours and stressful
Interesting fast passed environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONOctober 13, 2012
First thing machine set up- Check all tool holders and cutting edges
Next run test part- check for proper dimensions within tolerance
adjust depth of cut using numerical input
send part in for quality assurance
run machine with minimal down time to achieve max productivity

learned to under stand the operation of machines to attain minimal scrap and high productivity

the hardest part of the job work the constantly rotating shifts which made in hard to adapt to a given sleep pattern

excellent team relationship between most co-workers but i found a certain amount of lack of care regarding important and sensitive measuring equipment by others

What i most enjoyed while working at Linamar was the excitement of always being able to improve, and solve problems. Wether it was a machine fault or a way to refine my own process it always gave me a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
job security for a job well done and decent pay
Cons
rotating 12 hour shifts (days to nights) is the sun going up or down?
Great company- room for growth and great managment.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 2, 2013
A typical day at work is fast paced usually and in a safe and productive environment.

I like the way this company treats their employees, very fair and the pay is also fair to, very well organized as well.

I also like how they appreciate the fact you work really hard.

Another great thing about this company is that they have employees give their input to how they can make something more effective, safe and improve a situation in the work place.
Pros
very positive enviroment, job security, fair pay, good amount of hours.
Cons
repeitive work, shift work really hard on your body.
flexable hours, great environment, freindly staff
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONAugust 18, 2012
a typical day at work starts with checking the inserts on the the lath machine to ensure it will stamp the pieces to the percise measurment, which I did learn from a co-worker. i had also learnes from management that the hardest part of what i was going to be doing was calculating the Microns to be added/subtracted on the gage if the lathe machine didnt cut the pieces to spec, the most enjoyable part of the day is seing the hundreds of the parts beeing made throughout the plant amongst the many different machines
Pros
good amaount of work hourse
Cons
short lunch break
Great experience but I am an equipment reliability specialist
Gauge Technician (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONFebruary 1, 2014
-Analyze Organize and plan each day,
- I repair, design, and calibrate precision gauges for the production of precision parts based on ISO 17025 standards.
- I have enhanced my precision measurement skillsl.
I have found management to be talented, knowledgeable, competent, and personable.
- Member of a very close quality team.
- I really enjoy the high paced demanding environment of the automotive industry. I never find myself waiting for the day to end.
Pros
great experience
Cons
lowest rate of pay in twelve years.
Good time working with linamar
Recently working as Gauge Technician (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 30, 2014
Tpical Day: Start day with calibrating the gauges and then the fixing the broken machines.
i developed my technical skills, how to work in team, communication skills etc
management is very helpful in supporting in every problem
having great time working with them
there is no hard part, i develop my skills with hard time
fining the rootcause of the problem

Linamar Reviews by Location