Linamar Employee Reviews

It lives up to it's reputation
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 December 2016
Not a terrible place to work, some of the production facilities are worse than others from a QoL standpoint, but the income for hourly employees is less than satisfactory for the repetitive work that is done out on the floors, something office staff in management don't seem to appreciate or even care about. Management is all dependent on the plant, and in some leadership is worse than others. Most co-workers are good people, one or two older guys are highly toxic in my facility and don't have medical clearance to do a reduced work load or lower job expectations but still get paid a lot more than those of us who do the entirety of their jobs. Rotating continental shifts at most plants makes for a rough social life though.
Pros
Straight day shift
Cons
Benefits getting cut, rate of pay not advancing with cost of living even when earned
Terrible envirement at work
Skilled trades (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 December 2016
cheap company.not recommend to my enemy.bad work ethic,cheap money,hard work, 6 days a week work, no family life, bad management,high stress, dirty and dusty work environment.
They cant find operator from Local area Guelph.
Pros
Pretend like big compay
Cons
Nothing good about anything for Linamar
It's okay
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 November 2016
My job at linamar is okay but I would like to start a career as something else other than a machine operator and welding seems like a perfect fit for me.
very busy
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 October 2016
All was needed more part's and overtime was all was available. besides them all was pushing for more and more it was a fun place. great teams and safe place.
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
rotation shift work
I don't know what to say
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 September 2016
I'm just filling this in because they are requiring me too why I have to fill this out I have no idea I'm just trying to fill in 20 words
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
lots of hours
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 August 2016
you always have the option of working overtime. It is not the cleanest work environment but the people are very friendly.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
rotating shifts
Terrible Environment, Terrible Conditions, Poor Compensation
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 August 2016
A typical work day would require dealing with excessive heat, high productivity demands and poor resources.
The owner cultivates a culture of greed and impersonal tactics. Little value placed on people, unless they are manipulating the media. They are accustomed to high employee turnover. Pressured to work excessive hours.
Co-workers stick to their click groups
Hardest part of the job is the poor compensation package.
Learned new skills
Nice Place to Work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 August 2016
Linamar provides you with a stable job, allowing you to earn money for your family and to provide a good life for them. The work can be challenging at times.
Pros
Safe Work Place
Cons
Demanding Quotas
a stifling environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 July 2016
there is nothing i could possibly say that this could make this an attractive workplace...if you enjoy working with lazy and mentally deficient persons, then by all means....do it. not the brightest bunch
Pros
free dough nuts
Cons
6 day rotating shifts
Money and hours when busy, not round year work, no job security/advancement
Welder (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 May 2016
Production work, good pay if you are a quiet obedient slave, asked to take breaks late 9/10 days and some days miss breaks. 5 days a week, 6 when they are busy and overtime is mandatory whenever they feel like, family takes a back seat, overtime always during summer saturdays. hardest part of the job is knowing management says one thing and does another, they have mottos and slogans townhall team meetings but its all mental nonesense mindgames, only a child would fall for that BS. best part of the job is working with some real people who have lives and families just like you do, and who you can relate to.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Mandatory Saturdays during the best weather/weekends, low IQ management
NA (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON31 March 2016
good place to work but needs to improve a few things such as technology processes and benefits.
Work closely with higher management including CFO/CEO
Coworkers are great. Nice small teams.
It's factory manual labour, it's simple repetitive work that anyone can do.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 March 2016
This is simple manual labour that is very repetitive. It's a punch in punch out and go home type of job.
I learned a lot about the machining and auto manufacturing business and how things are made. The co-workers were all generally very helpful and good people to work with. Rotating shifts in 2 week intervals was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Steady dependable paycheck
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Auto parts maker
GUAGE TECHNICIAN/QA Tech. Level (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 February 2016
I have worked for 9 plans in Linamar,I can do all jobs in QA department such as Quality inspector, Gauge tech and CMM programmer.
Pros
Cons
12 per day
good learning place
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2016
I like company and its management. It is a great place to learn and improve skills. I recommend this company to every one.
Valuable
Senior MS Business Intelligence Analyst/Dev (Current Employee) –  Corporate Office, Guelph, Ontario, Canada5 January 2016
Contributed
Relax environment
Fun and supportive co-workers
Analysis, Design, Development, Test, Support
Pros
Valuable
Cons
Valuable
A typical Day there
Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 August 2015
I moved there for that job with Linamar and I drove a tow motor there and helped out others, love working for them. I'd move back there again in a heartbeat.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
A good place to work and learn
Electrician/Millwright (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 August 2015
I have gained a great deal of hands-on skills and experiences through the years of hard working in this company.
I am definitely willing to work for them again when my family life gets lesser busier in the future.
good food
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 March 2015
The people you work with are good and the supervisors are pretty good for the most part, The thoughts that the management team come up with don't make a lot of sense and they have a tendency to push employees a little to hard on some areas of the plant.
Pros
the food
Cons
long hours, pay and management
Productive and shift rotations to different locations to sister companies.
Quality Inspector, Safe-Launch (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 January 2015
Provided safe-launch quality inspections of auto-parts in different locations to sister companies prior to shipment to customers.

I learned that understanding/clarifying the instruction/drawing of the auto-part prior to starting the inspection will make the job easier and faster.

Management were concerned of quality and the workers needed to be refreshed on the quality systems and procedures and also the business processes of the organization so that the workers will be reminded of the quality requirement and flow of the processes with in the area and to minimize waste.

Co-workers were friendly.

Hardest part of the job was when heavy auto-parts were inspected and were plenty to be done.

The enjoyable part of the job was during breaks, sharing of foods/stories during lunch and snack break.
Repetive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 January 2015
So many Hours , sometimes great people to work with of all ages! but can get hurt easily and can be pulled from the job quickly just if your not quick enough

Linamar Reviews by Location