Linamar Employee Reviews

Nice company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 February 2018
It was a nice and well managed company to work at. I worked there for about 3 years it was always the same schedule of work what to do and all. I had fun working there
Pros
Fun
Cons
Too much shifts
former employee
Set-up Technician (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON12 February 2018
terrible

dirty and crowed working environment, no respect at all. Bad management. They treat operator like machine. 10 minutes break No recommend to anyone.
linamar machine operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 January 2018
the job was in Guelph that again was to far was tired of the travel. wanted to be close to home did three shifts. I am flexabile on working long hours and doing overtime.
Productive work with opportunity to earn more hours
Machine Operator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 January 2018
was a extreme focus on safety and proper training of station. As well extra hours were often given and lots of chances to earn overtime. rotating shifts however
Pros
Safety and good hours
Cons
rotating shifts
great place for advancement
INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 December 2017
Because of their fast pace working environment, most of what I have learnt in the trades is due to Linamar Gear. They provided every opportunity for anyone who was driven to succeed.The entire work force were very quick to help anybody out.
Pros
give you the right training and room for advancement
Cons
long hours and long days
Wonderful Great Job
CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 December 2017
shift rotation wasnt for me, I wish them all the best, The people were really great to work with as well as managment was nice too. I wish the company the very best
Pros
great people
Cons
rotation
N/a
Stores Clerk - Cemtol Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 November 2017
Good for a career starter.
More over time.
Reasonale pay for the begining.
Work & life balance moderate
company sponsored christmas party & kids party
Pros
N?A
Cons
N/a
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 October 2017
Transgear is a branch under the Linamar name, it was a great place to work. You had many opportunities to advance yourself and move into different positions.
Positve Attitude Required
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 September 2017
I lasted one night shift. Job tasks not designed for left-handed people. Conveniently start you on the midnight shift when the plant is quiet and the atmosphere is relaxed. Inhaling coolant fumes can not be good. If you like the pressure of doing piece-work and working 6 days a week this job is for you. Technically you do not get benefits till 9 months. If you are on a shift that ends when buses do not run - expect to walk.
Pros
Nice bathrooms, paid training
Cons
Piece-work, 6-day work week, inhaling coolant chemicals
No Comments
Accounting Co-op (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 September 2017
Linamar is a good first company to work for. I would not recommend anyone to work at the Hastech plant. It has terrible management and they do not treat their employees well in the plant floor.
physical job that requires one to sacrifice time for.
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON31 August 2017
come to work, change into working garments, punch in then go to work station. learned to operate different machinery. management was challenging because we were obligated to work overtime which was very challenging because me child was young at the time.

coworkers for the most part were helpful and friendly. many different cultures. The hardest part of the job was the changing shifts and the length of shifts.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the paycheck.
Pros
non
Cons
long hours/standing all day/hard to commute.
Linamar Gear
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 August 2017
Not a great place to work. Management only care about the final sale and not care about how they treat there employees. Work place safety is not taking as seriously as it should.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
poorly managed
great people and work atmosphere
QA Inspector (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 August 2017
Great place to work. Friendly and helpful people who are always willing to help. Family oriented and group activities arranged outside of work hours, such as a golf tournament.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
low wage
Lots of hours available, not much time off
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON12 August 2017
The job isn't very difficult, it's very repetitive but you quickly get into a routine. Be ready to work 6 days a week 46-50 hours a week. Starting pay is fair at 14.75 an hour with a .50c shift premium for afternoon and night shifts. After a three month probationary period you'll be making decent money, being paid for quality parts and you'll earn $18-25 an hour on an average day.

Worst thing about working here is that the shifts rotate on a two week period, working day-day-night-night-afternoon-afternoon. Because of the noise and earplugs communication with coworkers can be difficult, which I enjoy because it lets me focus on my work.

Everything you need to know will be taught on the job, quotas are not difficult to meet. Plan to stand for the entire shift, there are no standing mats as you're working on metal grates. You're given all the PPE you are required to wear, and you're given $100 for work shoes. You're going to want to get the most comfortable you can find as your feet quickly become sore.
Pros
Good starting pay with advancement opportunity.
Cons
6 days a week with overtime, rotating shifts, standing all shift
a very fun place if you're into machinery
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 August 2017
I enjoyed working there, a good management system, friendly environment, and everyone were a team with one target for one missions, and the harder you work the better chance you have to be promoted
Pros
working shifts flexibility
Cons
very hot environment in the summer
Work, work and work.
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 July 2017
I envy my friends at different companies who have regular volleyball and soccer tournaments. I wish Linamar had that too. It is all about production and very less focus on employee morale.
Lots of hours but low raises
Stores Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 July 2017
My time at Linamar was a learning experience I was able to acquire alot of knowledge over a short period of time. The pay was middle of the road but there were a lot of hours available to me. Management was less then sincere about the opportunities available though and I had to move on to advance my career.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Managaement is insincere
Very friendly Envierment
Assistant Electrician technician (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 July 2017
Supervisor and Team Leader are very supportive, they always help out if any problem or difficulty, they welcomes new people and trained them as per his/her skill.
Pros
events celebrations
good
Canadian Forces (Navy)
Clerk Canadian Armed Forces (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 June 2017
I loved working with the Canadian Forces. It gives you a sense of pride and the feeling that you are doing something in life that is work your precious time.
The manager was respectful person. Fun place I worked
machining center oprator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 May 2017
I enjoyed working there, but meanwhile I was taking flying courses in Guelph international airport, and then I had to move to Toronto to continue my study.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Linamar. Our community is ready to answer.

Linamar Reviews by Location