LINAMAR CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Satisfying place to work with a great atmosphere and great management.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 April 2017
I enjoyed the atmosphere at linamar and they treat their employees with respect. They go out of their way to make sure that the workers are happy. Management addresses every worker complaint with a fair and just attitude and i was never uncertain in my job. My favorite part of my job at linamar was learning the ins and outs of the different CNCs and being given ample opportunity for advancement. Linamar is one of the top employers and in my opinion the best and most rewarding company i have ever had the opportunity to work for.
It co-op
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 February 2017
Installed antivirus and internet explorer on computers. by updating their databases.

Threw out cardboard boxes and fixed email related problems.
Not a good place
Production Line Supervisor (Agency) (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 February 2017
Working here was a complete disaster. Yeah the pay was great, but the benefits they promise you? You don't get them. You can complain and moan all you want, they do not come.

the hardest part of the job is showing up there.

the most enjoyable part of the job is leaving for the day.
Pros
pay
Cons
not much of a social life
Great Place to work for long term
Materilas (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 February 2017
I always had positive experiences over all with this company, great place to grow with, paid schooling
People are great, you get a since of family working here
Supervisors are great and Management is also great
Pros
Lots of overtime, bigger pay
Cons
pay could be better in some areas
First co-op experience. Fantastic in gaining knowledge and experience in the accounting field.
Finance Co-op (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 April 2016
This was a co-op placement which greatly helped in developing my interest in the accounting field. This area of work was what I planned on majoring in. Linamar and its staff were very welcoming and understanding in aiding me in my first term of co-op. The toughest but most enjoyable aspect was just the learning curve that came along with working in an environment where I could actually see how all departments of a business (i.e. accounting/finance, logistics, supply chain, production, etc.) collaborated in order to keep operations running smoothly. A great array of knowledge and skills were gained from being in this environment of manufacturing combined with my accounting/finance department.
Pros
Corporate experience with periodic meetings and celebrations.
Enjoyed the various aspects of technology
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 March 2016
Highly technologically advanced. Very much enjoyed mentoring and working with the employees. Linear offered an excellent chance for advancement/training. Decent pay. Long hours including weekends.
Pros
Mentoring employees. Ensuring the employee safety. Chance for advancement.
Cons
2008 Recession lead to the completion of this position.
Automotive
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 January 2016
Canada's second largest automotive manufacturer. A large employer in Guelph. Contributes to United Way charity. Contracts to all major car companies.
Constant turnover of forklift operators
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 November 2015
Difficult manager and some staff. Learned about how the product was made and enjoyed increasing my abilities on forklifts. Time went by quickly due to busy environment. Being a factory the noise level was high and a dirty plant. Most staff were very nice and pleasant to be around. Wages are very good but lots of mandatory overtime for a majority of the year.I learned how to run the production lines as staff took their breaks. Found ways to improvise when necessary.
Pros
Very good wages
Cons
Long hours, mandatory overtime on Sat. for 9mos, family time suffers, If you call in sick, want time off you loose your job.
Linamar May Be the Largest Employer In Guelph BUT At What Cost...
Administrative Department - Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 July 2015
Linergy Mfg should be ashamed of themselves...Management is poor and grossly unfair in the handling of employee grievances.

Extremely high turn over...this speaks volumes.
Work with schooling opportunity and social activity
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 July 2015
- Performed maintenance and housekeeping
- Ran machines and checked finished
- Job is very routine and no advancement
- Team work is not a must and collaboration is not important
- Job is not challenging and training was not properly structured
productive work
Maintenance electrician (Current Employee) –  Guelph12 June 2015
Trouble shooting and repair PLC controlled machines.
Communication with co-workers and management team.
Manage job signed by management.
Smart co-workers.
Hardest part job is with no one help when need.
looking for problem on machines and lines.
Pros
free lunchs for long hours workers are good
Cons
long work hours are good for most of workers
Equal Opportunistic and Friendly Environment for those who really want to progress
Materials Planner (Current Employee) –  347 Silvercreek Pkwy N, Guelph, ON3 June 2015
Management is friendly to all employees and your positive and useful views and ideas are valued. One who wants to learn and utilize his knowledge are encouraged and also get chance. Learnt all aspects of Materials Management - Inventory Management, Capacity/ Production Planning, Shipping and Receiving, Physical Inventory. Learnt interaction with Customers for demand / Suppliers for material. Learnt the process of new product launch. Management is very cooperative and encouraging for new ideas and views for lean suggestions. Co-workers are friendly and cooperative. For me the hardest parts of the job is how much you complete you feel still we have more to do to improve and bring better for the company and yourself. The employees have freedom to express their views, Management is ready to respond your even most silly concern and satisfy. As a Planner, I have been trying all possible methods / ways to minimize inventory level with optimizing flawless production to meet customers' demand.
Overall Linamar is a great place to work where you can get paid well.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, On9 September 2014
Basic day included daily invoicing, and purchase req approvals
Pros
stability, routine
Cons
may not like routine
good place for start and learning
Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Guelph12 August 2014
It is factory environment ,so It is kind of noisy . However, my boss and co-worker are good. I enjoy to work with them . However, I need to work over time almost every week and more than 55 hour. Secondly, my wife move to this city , so I decide to change my job.
Pros
good communication and learning
Cons
overtime every week.
busy place to work and not able to work cause of the work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 April 2014
I didn't work there for long because the fumes makes me sick.
Great for experience but not a suitable long-term employer
HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 January 2014
Low pay for professional jobs
Some advancement opportunities but can be limited depending on the facility at which you are employed
General Manager's have a wide breadth of control - job security and compensation greatly influenced by personal relationships with Management team
Pros
Great for experience to build one's resume
Cons
Everything else
There use to organize the dinner after every two weeks and people there were very good.
Trainee Engineer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 January 2014
It was very hard to organize huge amount of files.
plant was very big so every one has to wear all the safety equipment's to enter into the plant
Not sure why I left. Follow the principles, and the day is smooth.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 January 2014
Fast paced and high volume. Learned how to be a better supervisor and understand my employees. Gained the respect of all operators.
Pros
Bonuses
An Excellent company to work for
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 September 2013
This was a very good company to work for, therefore i have been there for 13 years, however i wanted to move back to Europe, therefore i have left the company-yet on the good terms.
Ok Place to work
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 August 2013
Worklife balance is not seen in the Linamar family business. It's a good place to manufacture automotive parts. The company dynamic is not for everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LINAMAR CORPORATION. Our community is ready to answer.

LINAMAR CORPORATION Reviews by Location