Heavy Construction Purchasing Agent/Procurement Specialist
With over 25 years of experience, Limen Group Ltd. is a global leader in construction and one of Canada’s largest and most respected architectural and structural construction services company with operations from coast to coast. Limen Group Ltd.’s specialty services include masonry, restoration, stone cladding, stone paving and concrete forming for industrial, commercial, institutional and multi-residential high-rise buildings.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price in the correct amounts
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, production and distribution capabilities and the supplier’s reputation and history
- Negotiate and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives
- Monitor shipments to ensure goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods
- Maintain and implement construction proforma/budget for each project
- Negotiate pricing contracts with suppliers
- Make sure there is compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations
- Ensure accurate takeoffs to ensure budgets are accurate
- Research new materials for design and cost savings
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Establish new relationships with suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Assist in settling invoice or contract disputes
- Handle change order requests
- Forecast upcoming demand
- Manage materials/equipment inventory
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, business Management, Construction Management or equivalent, or at least five years purchasing experience in the construction industry
- Strong attention to detail
- Read and understand construction plans
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Able to work independently, and in a team environment, while meeting intense deadlines, goals and objectives
The company offers a competitive compensation package, and a comprehensive benefit package.
Please email your responses, in confidence, to the email address provided.
We thank you for your interest in Limen Group Ltd., however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.