Attention WHISTLER, B.C. area Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents age 18 and up (sorry, no exceptions): Work at Crankworx Whistler! Jeep is a sponsor and we are seeking friendly, outgoing, hard-working and reliable individuals to join our team.
Event Staff for Crankworx Whistler, Jeep Rocks + Road- Aug. 2013
Hiring agency: Light Speed Management, Inc.
Location: Whistler Resort
4010 Whistler Way, Whistler, BC V0N 1B4, Canada (this is close to but not the exact event site address)
Description: Full training provided. Live event / auto show / trade show experience a plus; ability to work with a team, speak politely to the public, have fun and work outdoors on your feet all day are essential. Must be outgoing, hard-working, articulate and reliable. If you are an outdoors / mountain biking / automotive enthusiast, that is a big plus! Duties include managing crowds, helping guests register & do exit surveys on tablet computers, directing guests on and off a 4x4 course, working on the course as a spotter, promoting the event via flyers, talking to people, etc. This is an outdoor event, and you will be on your feet throughout the day.
Dates: Fri. 8/9 – Sun. 8/18/13. Strong preference given to people who can work all days / all shifts.
Fri. 8/9: 1p-5p (4 hours)
Sat. 8/10: 9a-5p (8 hours)
Sun. 8/11: 930a-5p (7.5 hours)
Mon. 8/12: 930a-5p (7.5 hours)
Tue. 8/13: 930a-5p (7.5 hours)
Wed. 8/14: 930a-5p (7.5 hours)
Th. 8/15: 930a-5p (7.5 hours)
Fri. 8/16: 930a-5p (7.5 hours)
Sat. 8/17: 930a-5p (7.5 hours)
Sun. 8/18: 930a-5p (7.5 hours)
Pay: $16 / hour U.S., paid by company check within 10 days. You’ll earn $1,152 U.S. if you work the whole gig (72 hours)!
Wardrobe: you provide khaki pants and comfortable shoes. We will provide a shirt and hat.
- Must be a legal Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident and be legal to work in Canada – and have the documents to prove it. No exceptions, sorry!
- Must be at least 18 years old
- This position is offered to local applicants only – no relocation / travel fees offered
- Must be able to get to and from Whistler Resort each day
- You will be required to provide your own Khaki colored long or short pants (cargo-style pants are OK)
- Tattoos that cannot be covered by long pants, long sleeve shirt or band-aid are not permitted
- Only traditional / conservative earrings are allowed (all other piercings must be removed). No gauges.
- This is an outdoor promotion, working on your feet throughout the day
Only complete applications will be considered. To apply, please email the following info, in this order:
- First and last name (who check will be paid to)
- Nickname, if any
- Cell phone #
- Email address
- Shirt size in either a men’s or women’s polo (please specify men’s M, women’s S, etc.)
- Do you live in Whistler Village (yes / no response please)
- If you do not live in Whistler Village, who will you be staying with? (please provide all details on your accommodations (staying with family, friends, getting a hotel, etc.) and confirm the arrangements are 150% solid)
- If you do not live in Whistler Village, how far (in minutes) you are from Whistler Resort
- Mailing address (where you check will be sent)
- Your schedule / availability (which shifts- all, or which ones)
- If you have not worked for us before, which site / page you learned about this opportunity, if applicable
- If you have not worked for us before, who referred you, if applicable
- If you have not worked with us before, please send a resume if you have one (or a summary of your work experience if you do not, including any relevant event experience you may have)
- If you have not worked with us before, please send a recent head shot and recent head-to-toe shot, they do not need to be professional
In the subject line, please indicate: ‘Crankworx Whistler, Jeep Rocks + Road, Aug. 2013-’, and your name.