Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 10, 2016
Terrible management they are rude and make sure to make you feel terrible about yourself. You always have to search for information because you never have all the info about the job. Your never gaurenteed full time work you lucky if you get 8 hours a day when hired as a full time employee. Pay is terrible for what you have to do everyday they say you get benefits but it pretty much impossible to get them because they make it so you need a certain amount of hours per year and you never can get that many it pretty much impossible.

I have worked there two years and nothing has got better, if anyone asked if they should work there I would give it a solid NO!

The only reason why I am still there is because I need money and first chance I get to leave I am leaving. Very unorganized especially when doing grad photos there's always something changing and there are so many rules and they always cristisize you for your work and it's never good.

They always make you review your work which is good but they point out everything bad it in instead of the good. They never make you feel good and appreciated for your work they always make you feel replaceable.

Don't do it to yourself! There something out there that is worth more than working for this company
Pros
Gives you great people skills
Cons
Decent company to work for but poor outcome overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 13, 2015
Would not recommend anyone to work for this company unless you want an unstable position and not knowing when you will be laid off. There are no salary increases or benefits to be offered on a temporary position. Management lacks basic management skills. Co workers are the only good part about working here other than some free lunches and good working hours Monday-Friday. Typical day at work involves you working super hard and being yelled at by customers on the phone. This company is very selfish and all they want to do is save money. They may hire you for a September-June term, but can lay you off in January without reason if they decide to. They will also tell you in June that you are on the rehire list and will not call you back for the next September-June season without reason as well. There is a lot of favoritism going on as well by management.
Pros
Christmas lunches, end of season picnic, nice people
Cons
unstable, temporary, bad management, no benefits or raises, lots of overtime in busy season
Fun place to work in
Brt Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 22, 2015
In my short period of time working here I met so many new people and gained so many friends. The staffs are really cool and would help me whenever im struggling with something. Manager would always understand if I ever call in sick! Although this job is only seasonal and youll never know when your last day of work will be.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Long hours sitting, only seasonal
Busy, productive and great teamwork
Cardreader/Keyer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 12, 2016
It was very busy at Lifetouch Studios, production would start from morning to night, and when I arrive to do my shift, my supervisor from my department would often make announcements on production rate, and acknowledged us on how hard we've been working.

My manager was very kind and given me a position where I worked best at, it was a flexible job since I only had to work evenings Sunday through Thursday, my co-workers were definitely helpful, they taught me how to do my job.

Sitting for a long period and staring at a computer really improved my tolerance to computer eye syndrome/digital eye strain.

The enjoyable part of my job, I get to interact with my co-workers and listen to the radio playing through the intercom, including our coffee and lunch breaks.
Love to work with children of all ages?
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 11, 2014
This is a fun job, with decent pay, great management, and something new to learn every day. Each assignment is different, and although the setup is the same, you never have the same workday twice. Great place to expand photography and portrait-taking skills, as well as technical skills like calibrating camera/computer components and increasing spatial awareness for setup. Coworkers are friendly and open, as well as helpful when you're new in the job. This position is also somewhat physically challenging; I have definitely become stronger and more in shape than I was when I started. Overall, a great place to work :)
Pros
mileage and drive time paid; learn something new every day
Cons
no benefits; "retake season" has less hours and opportunities to work
Treatment of employees
former employee (Former Employee) –  TorontoApril 12, 2014
When hired, Lifetouch management will tell you that you are NOT ALLOWED to call in sick, and they will only give you a schedule one week in advance, and you might not be working more than 2-3 days a week at barely above minimum wage with NO BENEFITS. You will have to carry heavy equipment in and out of schools, sometimes work 7 hr days without a break, and be expected to go wherever they tell you at a moments notice--sometimes 50 k away from home without getting any compensation for gas.
All they care about is the bottom line. If you are sick or need dental care--too bad for you. They just want a body behind the camera, and believe me, their methods make it so even a monkey could take photos, so don't think you will have any creative input, because you won't.
Pros
the kids
Cons
poor wages, no benefits, horrible hours
productive ,fun , team work skills .
brt editor (Former Employee) –  CanadaApril 29, 2016
its a fun place to work with lots of positive people everyone knew their tasks and worked together to get their numbers up
Pros
events
Cons
overtime on fridays
Clean workspace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 23, 2016
Seasonal work. Lifetouch Canada hired approx. 20 customer service reps, and just before Christmas, laid off approx. 15 people.
Love working for Life Touch even though there are aspects that need a bit of work
Photography (Current Employee) –  Chatham, OntarioJuly 22, 2013
I get up at 4:00am in the morning, stop by the office and pick up my equipment. Drive a hour depending on the city I am going too. Find where I am suppose to be set up but most custodians don't know that I am even coming. Set up equipment which usually takes about a hour. Then run by the office and advise what we should start with that day which classes and what not. Finish the school, stop by office do a last call. Tear down equipment, go back to office say good-bye and hope to see them next year. Load car and come home a hour. I learn new things every day for example how each school is specific about how they do there photography day, also that we don't do retakes for spring unless school specifies it. I adore my co-workers, we always have a good time working together. We are professionals but know how to keep upbeat through the madness of the day. The hardest part of the job is not getting a raise every year but still promoting a smile at work, also the custodians not knowing where we are to set up which takes up more time then it should. The most enjoyable part of my job is the kids I get to meet that put a smile on my face and my co-workers who always know what to say when having a rough day.
Pros
co-workers, children, long hours
Cons
salary, set up locations, standing long periods
There are some busy days that sometimes our breaks were affected. I usually get along my new co workers.
production inspector (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 20, 2016
Employees and superiors are comfortable to work with. co workers are easily to work with. They follow instructions and also asks me questions on some found issues and errors.
Good for cookie cutter photographers
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 3, 2015
Great started photography job. After a few years you get bored because you are doing the same thing every single day. Great people, good hours, management needs to listen to the photographers more.
great work atmosphere
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONOctober 22, 2015
Show up to the job and set up equipment to perform the task. How to work with customers. Management looks to help its employees in any way they can. Co-workers work very well together. There is no hard part to this job. Working with the fellow photagraphers.
Fun place to work
Hp Indigo Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 27, 2015
I learn how to operate HP Indigo Press machine and I enjoyed my work there because supervisor supportive and co workers are great. The most enjoyable part is we work as a team and the camaraderie is awesome. And because I performed well they want me back for next season....
Pros
Time schedule is good.
Cons
Only seasonal job
review
Email service rep (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2015
It was a ok experience doing emails. did not like the some of the people working. I liked doing emails and not the phones. management was ok and friendly for some.
memorable expereince working in Lifetouch
Photographic Inspector (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 14, 2015
everyday is exciting for me because we love doing our job, so tiring but at the end of the day its a blessings for me and im so thankful.
Cons
8 hours
Great for those who enjoy working with children/students
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Long days are not uncommon in the early part of the season, getting up at 5am to be at the job site for 6 or 630 isn't uncommon. Leaving the school at the end of the day some times you leave before the students other times you are not leaving until 4pm or later - if there is a team meeting you are not getting home until 9pm or later depending on how far you live away and how traffic is.

Working in the schools varies day to day, some days you have a dream school other days a nightmare school. Just like the schools you are in the students vary in being great to work with to being less then great - but regardless you do you best to create the images that you've been hired to take.

Diplomacy, Time Management are just two of the main things you have to learn to work with when in a school, since just because you are there all day doesn't mean you will actually have all the time to actually take photographs (its very much possible you will have to tear down and reset up do to various things happening in the school - which cuts into your time you are able to photograph).

Parents can make it interesting since you have to deal with them as well as general staff (its not uncommon to have a parent hovering and being unpleased with the expression of their child - this is when being diplomatic comes in handy for trying to get the child to smile and the parent to back off if at all possible).

It can be most enjoyable working with other photographers who you share various interests with, but also just being with various students if you enjoy being around them can be rewarding
  more... in its own fashion.

One of the hardest parts of the job is the hours, you can work 10 hours one day and the next only get in 4 hours or nun if you are not scheduled to work (though request or because they don't need you for the day(. Hauling around 200 pounds of photo equipment is also a fun thing, since not all schools are easy to get into, its not uncommon to have to carry your equipment up or down several flights of stairs and still have to be set up by what ever time you are told you need to be up and running (hence why you get to a school early).
Pros
Working with Children/Students, good group of vets to work with
Cons
Heavy Lifting, Long/Short Days, seasonal employment
Was enjoyable
Photo Re-touching (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 6, 2015
I liked their hours of work , was a good experience all a round , they were helpful , friendly people . Management was nice , learned lots about detail to work .
Pros
fast working production
Cons
was only seasonal
Working with the public photographing
photographer (Former Employee) –  saskatoonAugust 15, 2013
Travel throughout the province photographing students.
Long days including travel and overnights.
Rewards are the people you interact with, and the memories you create for them.
Great starter job to learn customer service skills. Little or no opportunity to advance into a career.
Pros
you get to make people smile and create memories
Cons
long hours, overnight weeks at a time, low pay, cannot make a living at it
Working with children from SK to Grade 12
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Toronto,OnJanuary 24, 2014
I would arrive at a school around 7:30am and set up my portable studio with a team of photographers. I would photograph hundreds of children every day for months. I learned many ways to pose people that have not have had experience with a photographer. My co-worker's are very friendly and goal oriented. The hardest part of the job was tearing down the studio because this job is physically demanding. The best part of the job is feeling a part of a community of photographers and having fun with the students of the schools.
Pros
having fun with what i love to do.
Cons
Productive and learned a lot of things
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 29, 2015
Productive and people are easy to deal with. Learned a lot of things regarding photo production. Hardest part of the job is dealing with chemicals. Enjoying the company of co workers

2.9