Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Background Retouch Technology operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 March 2017
Very friendly environment and lots of very kind co-workers who willing to teach you and help you to finish your work in time and my supervisor is very kind to me.
Pros
Free pizza and dinner
Have fun working even for a short period of time
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2017
Learned to accept work even for a limited time. Had fun and met new friends. Learned the importance of time management and working with different people of different races.
Poor pay
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2017
For the amount of work that one does during the day, the pay is very poor. You are to be set up and ready to go before the schools open. You must photograph every student before the end of the day.

The management was quite pathetic. They basically tell you to get out there and good luck with the day.

Training is fantastic, but in the field itself with no support just starting out was tough to do.

I left this company because the pay was very poor.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Poor pay
Great people to work with as well as atmosphere
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 January 2017
While this has been a great company to work for, such as the people, atmosphere and even some photo contests you can enter. I have to say that it doesn't pay well and comes with plenty of down time, not really suitable for someone raising a family, but perfect for someone who needs semi-casual work.
Pros
New location every day, freedom to creativity during Grad season
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours to support a family
production but fun workplace
Backround Replacement TechnologyOperator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 January 2017
management is very professional, fun people to work, co-worker is all young, hardest part of the job is production but at the end the day I enjoyed when I met the qouta.
Pros
free lunch during thanksgiving
Cons
short term work
Great satellite location management and office staff
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 December 2016
There is a lot of travel required for the position of photographer, and for the fall season photography no special vehicle needed, a spacious car is perfect. But to go on to grad photography, a larger vehicle (mini-van) is lovely. Company does have a van for travel use when travelling for several days or long distances. Training is provided and is thorough for knowing the camera system, but a person will continue to learn how to trouble-shoot the program used and learn how to deal with the staff and students at the schools. This job requires a person with a positive attitude, steady head, and LOTS of patience, as well as someone who does not mind sometimes waking up at 4 am to drive 2-3 hrs to location.
Pros
Good pay, good management, encouragement to continue
Cons
Early mornings, long hours, difficult and picky customers
Low pay. Boring work
Group photographer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 December 2016
I didn't enjoy this job. I was the group photographer. You tell hundreds of kids where to stand and you get them to smile.

This is basic point and shoot photography not advanced professional photography.

You work with very young women. It has a high school vibe. Managment is great though.

Trainning was longer than it needed to be. This is a two month job. They pay you 2 bucks less an hour for drive time (unless you refuse this).

The girls liked this job, but I never did.
Pros
Rental cars
Cons
Most of it
Entry level photo job. Unorganized!!!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2016
I enjoyed the travel and photography. I really liked that they always offered to provide a hotel for any out of town work. Staff and management were hit or miss. Very unorganized! High turnover.
Pros
Photography, travel, hotels provided for all out of town jobs.
Cons
Unorganized, stressful, high turnover, long days.
Excellent Company for Growth and Prosperity
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2016
Fun, Welcoming staff, professional standards, lots of feedback and support, strong feeling of being a part of the team, fulfilling when things go well, paid drive time
Worst place to work
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2016
Low pay for way more work then you should be doing. Scheduling is aweful. Cookie cutter photos that are less then pro grade. If you are a photographer stay far away from this place
It's a great community of people
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 June 2016
If you don't like working hard, this job is not for you. You can sometimes be working 6am to 8pm if not longer. For some people it's exhausting and not fun, but for me I absolutely loved the atmosphere and the people I worked with. Also being paid to take beautiful photos and make people smile.. Thats awesome! I would say the only down sides to this job are that you don't get a social life away from work. You are 100% committed to giving up almost all of your time. As well you don't get paid NEARLY enough for the amount of work that you do. That being said you can claim a lot when you do taxes, so you can get a fair amount back on your tax return.

But if you're young, you like working hard, and you don't have that much of a social life, this place is for you. Prepare to be exhausted and also meet some of the best people.
Pros
Fun, educational, great co-workers and employers
Cons
long hours, heavy lifting, early mornings
productive ,fun , team work skills .
brt editor (Former Employee) –  Canada29 April 2016
its a fun place to work with lots of positive people everyone knew their tasks and worked together to get their numbers up
Pros
events
Cons
overtime on fridays
Clean workspace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2016
Seasonal work. Lifetouch Canada hired approx. 20 customer service reps, and just before Christmas, laid off approx. 15 people.
Busy, productive and great teamwork
Cardreader/Keyer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 March 2016
It was very busy at Lifetouch Studios, production would start from morning to night, and when I arrive to do my shift, my supervisor from my department would often make announcements on production rate, and acknowledged us on how hard we've been working.

My manager was very kind and given me a position where I worked best at, it was a flexible job since I only had to work evenings Sunday through Thursday, my co-workers were definitely helpful, they taught me how to do my job.

Sitting for a long period and staring at a computer really improved my tolerance to computer eye syndrome/digital eye strain.

The enjoyable part of my job, I get to interact with my co-workers and listen to the radio playing through the intercom, including our coffee and lunch breaks.
Terrible place to work!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2016
Terrible management they are rude and make sure to make you feel terrible about yourself. You always have to search for information because you never have all the info about the job. Your never gaurenteed full time work you lucky if you get 8 hours a day when hired as a full time employee. Pay is terrible for what you have to do everyday they say you get benefits but it pretty much impossible to get them because they make it so you need a certain amount of hours per year and you never can get that many it pretty much impossible.

I have worked there two years and nothing has got better, if anyone asked if they should work there I would give it a solid NO!

The only reason why I am still there is because I need money and first chance I get to leave I am leaving. Very unorganized especially when doing grad photos there's always something changing and there are so many rules and they always cristisize you for your work and it's never good.

They always make you review your work which is good but they point out everything bad it in instead of the good. They never make you feel good and appreciated for your work they always make you feel replaceable.

Don't do it to yourself! There something out there that is worth more than working for this company
Pros
Gives you great people skills
Cons
There are some busy days that sometimes our breaks were affected. I usually get along my new co workers.
production inspector (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 January 2016
Employees and superiors are comfortable to work with. co workers are easily to work with. They follow instructions and also asks me questions on some found issues and errors.
Great for those who enjoy working with children/students
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 January 2016
Long days are not uncommon in the early part of the season, getting up at 5am to be at the job site for 6 or 630 isn't uncommon. Leaving the school at the end of the day some times you leave before the students other times you are not leaving until 4pm or later - if there is a team meeting you are not getting home until 9pm or later depending on how far you live away and how traffic is.

Working in the schools varies day to day, some days you have a dream school other days a nightmare school. Just like the schools you are in the students vary in being great to work with to being less then great - but regardless you do you best to create the images that you've been hired to take.

Diplomacy, Time Management are just two of the main things you have to learn to work with when in a school, since just because you are there all day doesn't mean you will actually have all the time to actually take photographs (its very much possible you will have to tear down and reset up do to various things happening in the school - which cuts into your time you are able to photograph).

Parents can make it interesting since you have to deal with them as well as general staff (its not uncommon to have a parent hovering and being unpleased with the expression of their child - this is when being diplomatic comes in handy for trying to get the child to smile and the parent to back off if at all possible).

It can be most enjoyable working with other photographers who you share various interests with, but also just being with various students if you enjoy being around them can be rewarding
  more... in its own fashion.

One of the hardest parts of the job is the hours, you can work 10 hours one day and the next only get in 4 hours or nun if you are not scheduled to work (though request or because they don't need you for the day(. Hauling around 200 pounds of photo equipment is also a fun thing, since not all schools are easy to get into, its not uncommon to have to carry your equipment up or down several flights of stairs and still have to be set up by what ever time you are told you need to be up and running (hence why you get to a school early).
Pros
Working with Children/Students, good group of vets to work with
Cons
Heavy Lifting, Long/Short Days, seasonal employment
memorable expereince working in Lifetouch
Photographic Inspector (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 December 2015
everyday is exciting for me because we love doing our job, so tiring but at the end of the day its a blessings for me and im so thankful.
Cons
8 hours
Good for cookie cutter photographers
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 December 2015
Great started photography job. After a few years you get bored because you are doing the same thing every single day. Great people, good hours, management needs to listen to the photographers more.
Fun place to work
Hp Indigo Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 November 2015
I learn how to operate HP Indigo Press machine and I enjoyed my work there because supervisor supportive and co workers are great. The most enjoyable part is we work as a team and the camaraderie is awesome. And because I performed well they want me back for next season....
Pros
Time schedule is good.
Cons
Only seasonal job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetouch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9