Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Great satellite location management and office staff
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 December 2016
There is a lot of travel required for the position of photographer, and for the fall season photography no special vehicle needed, a spacious car is perfect. But to go on to grad photography, a larger vehicle (mini-van) is lovely. Company does have a van for travel use when travelling for several days or long distances. Training is provided and is thorough for knowing the camera system, but a person will continue to learn how to trouble-shoot the program used and learn how to deal with the staff and students at the schools. This job requires a person with a positive attitude, steady head, and LOTS of patience, as well as someone who does not mind sometimes waking up at 4 am to drive 2-3 hrs to location.
Pros
Good pay, good management, encouragement to continue
Cons
Early mornings, long hours, difficult and picky customers
Poor pay
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2017
For the amount of work that one does during the day, the pay is very poor. You are to be set up and ready to go before the schools open. You must photograph every student before the end of the day.

The management was quite pathetic. They basically tell you to get out there and good luck with the day.

Training is fantastic, but in the field itself with no support just starting out was tough to do.

I left this company because the pay was very poor.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Poor pay
Terrible place to work!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2016
Terrible management they are rude and make sure to make you feel terrible about yourself. You always have to search for information because you never have all the info about the job. Your never gaurenteed full time work you lucky if you get 8 hours a day when hired as a full time employee. Pay is terrible for what you have to do everyday they say you get benefits but it pretty much impossible to get them because they make it so you need a certain amount of hours per year and you never can get that many it pretty much impossible.

I have worked there two years and nothing has got better, if anyone asked if they should work there I would give it a solid NO!

The only reason why I am still there is because I need money and first chance I get to leave I am leaving. Very unorganized especially when doing grad photos there's always something changing and there are so many rules and they always cristisize you for your work and it's never good.

They always make you review your work which is good but they point out everything bad it in instead of the good. They never make you feel good and appreciated for your work they always make you feel replaceable.

Don't do it to yourself! There something out there that is worth more than working for this company
Pros
Gives you great people skills
production but fun workplace
Backround Replacement TechnologyOperator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 January 2017
management is very professional, fun people to work, co-worker is all young, hardest part of the job is production but at the end the day I enjoyed when I met the qouta.
Pros
free lunch during thanksgiving
Cons
short term work
Low pay. Boring work
Group photographer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 December 2016
I didn't enjoy this job. I was the group photographer. You tell hundreds of kids where to stand and you get them to smile.

This is basic point and shoot photography not advanced professional photography.

You work with very young women. It has a high school vibe. Managment is great though.

Trainning was longer than it needed to be. This is a two month job. They pay you 2 bucks less an hour for drive time (unless you refuse this).

The girls liked this job, but I never did.
Pros
Rental cars
Cons
Most of it
Entry level photo job. Unorganized!!!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2016
I enjoyed the travel and photography. I really liked that they always offered to provide a hotel for any out of town work. Staff and management were hit or miss. Very unorganized! High turnover.
Pros
Photography, travel, hotels provided for all out of town jobs.
Cons
Unorganized, stressful, high turnover, long days.
Have fun working even for a short period of time
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2017
Learned to accept work even for a limited time. Had fun and met new friends. Learned the importance of time management and working with different people of different races.
Decent company to work for but poor outcome overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 October 2015
Would not recommend anyone to work for this company unless you want an unstable position and not knowing when you will be laid off. There are no salary increases or benefits to be offered on a temporary position. Management lacks basic management skills. Co workers are the only good part about working here other than some free lunches and good working hours Monday-Friday. Typical day at work involves you working super hard and being yelled at by customers on the phone. This company is very selfish and all they want to do is save money. They may hire you for a September-June term, but can lay you off in January without reason if they decide to. They will also tell you in June that you are on the rehire list and will not call you back for the next September-June season without reason as well. There is a lot of favoritism going on as well by management.
Pros
Christmas lunches, end of season picnic, nice people
Cons
unstable, temporary, bad management, no benefits or raises, lots of overtime in busy season
It's a great community of people
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 June 2016
If you don't like working hard, this job is not for you. You can sometimes be working 6am to 8pm if not longer. For some people it's exhausting and not fun, but for me I absolutely loved the atmosphere and the people I worked with. Also being paid to take beautiful photos and make people smile.. Thats awesome! I would say the only down sides to this job are that you don't get a social life away from work. You are 100% committed to giving up almost all of your time. As well you don't get paid NEARLY enough for the amount of work that you do. That being said you can claim a lot when you do taxes, so you can get a fair amount back on your tax return.

But if you're young, you like working hard, and you don't have that much of a social life, this place is for you. Prepare to be exhausted and also meet some of the best people.
Pros
Fun, educational, great co-workers and employers
Cons
long hours, heavy lifting, early mornings
Productive and fun workplace
Background Retouch Technology operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 March 2017
Very friendly environment and lots of very kind co-workers who willing to teach you and help you to finish your work in time and my supervisor is very kind to me.
Pros
Free pizza and dinner
Fun place to work in
Brt Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 November 2015
In my short period of time working here I met so many new people and gained so many friends. The staffs are really cool and would help me whenever im struggling with something. Manager would always understand if I ever call in sick! Although this job is only seasonal and youll never know when your last day of work will be.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Long hours sitting, only seasonal
Worst place to work
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2016
Low pay for way more work then you should be doing. Scheduling is aweful. Cookie cutter photos that are less then pro grade. If you are a photographer stay far away from this place
Excellent Company for Growth and Prosperity
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2016
Fun, Welcoming staff, professional standards, lots of feedback and support, strong feeling of being a part of the team, fulfilling when things go well, paid drive time
Love to work with children of all ages?
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2014
This is a fun job, with decent pay, great management, and something new to learn every day. Each assignment is different, and although the setup is the same, you never have the same workday twice. Great place to expand photography and portrait-taking skills, as well as technical skills like calibrating camera/computer components and increasing spatial awareness for setup. Coworkers are friendly and open, as well as helpful when you're new in the job. This position is also somewhat physically challenging; I have definitely become stronger and more in shape than I was when I started. Overall, a great place to work :)
Pros
Mileage and drive time paid; learn something new every day
Cons
No benefits; "retake season" has less hours and opportunities to work
Treatment of employees
former employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto12 April 2014
When hired, Lifetouch management will tell you that you are NOT ALLOWED to call in sick, and they will only give you a schedule one week in advance, and you might not be working more than 2-3 days a week at barely above minimum wage with NO BENEFITS. You will have to carry heavy equipment in and out of schools, sometimes work 7 hr days without a break, and be expected to go wherever they tell you at a moments notice--sometimes 50 k away from home without getting any compensation for gas.
All they care about is the bottom line. If you are sick or need dental care--too bad for you. They just want a body behind the camera, and believe me, their methods make it so even a monkey could take photos, so don't think you will have any creative input, because you won't.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Poor wages, no benefits, horrible hours
Love working for Life Touch even though there are aspects that need a bit of work
Photography (Current Employee) –  Chatham, Ontario22 July 2013
I get up at 4:00am in the morning, stop by the office and pick up my equipment. Drive a hour depending on the city I am going too. Find where I am suppose to be set up but most custodians don't know that I am even coming. Set up equipment which usually takes about a hour. Then run by the office and advise what we should start with that day which classes and what not. Finish the school, stop by office do a last call. Tear down equipment, go back to office say good-bye and hope to see them next year. Load car and come home a hour. I learn new things every day for example how each school is specific about how they do there photography day, also that we don't do retakes for spring unless school specifies it. I adore my co-workers, we always have a good time working together. We are professionals but know how to keep upbeat through the madness of the day. The hardest part of the job is not getting a raise every year but still promoting a smile at work, also the custodians not knowing where we are to set up which takes up more time then it should. The most enjoyable part of my job is the kids I get to meet that put a smile on my face and my co-workers who always know what to say when having a rough day.
Pros
co-workers, children, long hours
Cons
salary, set up locations, standing long periods
Busy, productive and great teamwork
Cardreader/Keyer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 March 2016
It was very busy at Lifetouch Studios, production would start from morning to night, and when I arrive to do my shift, my supervisor from my department would often make announcements on production rate, and acknowledged us on how hard we've been working.

My manager was very kind and given me a position where I worked best at, it was a flexible job since I only had to work evenings Sunday through Thursday, my co-workers were definitely helpful, they taught me how to do my job.

Sitting for a long period and staring at a computer really improved my tolerance to computer eye syndrome/digital eye strain.

The enjoyable part of my job, I get to interact with my co-workers and listen to the radio playing through the intercom, including our coffee and lunch breaks.
productive ,fun , team work skills .
brt editor (Former Employee) –  Canada29 April 2016
its a fun place to work with lots of positive people everyone knew their tasks and worked together to get their numbers up
Pros
events
Cons
overtime on fridays
Working with the public photographing
photographer (Former Employee) –  saskatoon15 August 2013
Travel throughout the province photographing students.
Long days including travel and overnights.
Rewards are the people you interact with, and the memories you create for them.
Great starter job to learn customer service skills. Little or no opportunity to advance into a career.
Pros
You get to make people smile and create memories
Cons
Long hours, overnight weeks at a time, low pay, cannot make a living at it
Clean workspace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2016
Seasonal work. Lifetouch Canada hired approx. 20 customer service reps, and just before Christmas, laid off approx. 15 people.

2.9