Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Poor pay
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2017
For the amount of work that one does during the day, the pay is very poor. You are to be set up and ready to go before the schools open. You must photograph every student before the end of the day.

The management was quite pathetic. They basically tell you to get out there and good luck with the day.

Training is fantastic, but in the field itself with no support just starting out was tough to do.

I left this company because the pay was very poor.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Poor pay
Low pay. Boring work
Group photographer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 December 2016
I didn't enjoy this job. I was the group photographer. You tell hundreds of kids where to stand and you get them to smile.

This is basic point and shoot photography not advanced professional photography.

You work with very young women. It has a high school vibe. Managment is great though.

Trainning was longer than it needed to be. This is a two month job. They pay you 2 bucks less an hour for drive time (unless you refuse this).

The girls liked this job, but I never did.
Pros
Rental cars
Cons
Most of it
Great satellite location management and office staff
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 December 2016
There is a lot of travel required for the position of photographer, and for the fall season photography no special vehicle needed, a spacious car is perfect. But to go on to grad photography, a larger vehicle (mini-van) is lovely. Company does have a van for travel use when travelling for several days or long distances. Training is provided and is thorough for knowing the camera system, but a person will continue to learn how to trouble-shoot the program used and learn how to deal with the staff and students at the schools. This job requires a person with a positive attitude, steady head, and LOTS of patience, as well as someone who does not mind sometimes waking up at 4 am to drive 2-3 hrs to location.
Pros
Good pay, good management, encouragement to continue
Cons
Early mornings, long hours, difficult and picky customers
Entry level photo job. Unorganized!!!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2016
I enjoyed the travel and photography. I really liked that they always offered to provide a hotel for any out of town work. Staff and management were hit or miss. Very unorganized! High turnover.
Pros
Photography, travel, hotels provided for all out of town jobs.
Cons
Unorganized, stressful, high turnover, long days.
production but fun workplace
Backround Replacement TechnologyOperator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 January 2017
management is very professional, fun people to work, co-worker is all young, hardest part of the job is production but at the end the day I enjoyed when I met the qouta.
Pros
free lunch during thanksgiving
Cons
short term work
Excellent Company for Growth and Prosperity
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2016
Fun, Welcoming staff, professional standards, lots of feedback and support, strong feeling of being a part of the team, fulfilling when things go well, paid drive time
Worst place to work
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2016
Low pay for way more work then you should be doing. Scheduling is aweful. Cookie cutter photos that are less then pro grade. If you are a photographer stay far away from this place
It's a great community of people
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 June 2016
If you don't like working hard, this job is not for you. You can sometimes be working 6am to 8pm if not longer. For some people it's exhausting and not fun, but for me I absolutely loved the atmosphere and the people I worked with. Also being paid to take beautiful photos and make people smile.. Thats awesome! I would say the only down sides to this job are that you don't get a social life away from work. You are 100% committed to giving up almost all of your time. As well you don't get paid NEARLY enough for the amount of work that you do. That being said you can claim a lot when you do taxes, so you can get a fair amount back on your tax return.

But if you're young, you like working hard, and you don't have that much of a social life, this place is for you. Prepare to be exhausted and also meet some of the best people.
Pros
Fun, educational, great co-workers and employers
Cons
long hours, heavy lifting, early mornings
Busy, productive and great teamwork
Cardreader/Keyer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 March 2016
It was very busy at Lifetouch Studios, production would start from morning to night, and when I arrive to do my shift, my supervisor from my department would often make announcements on production rate, and acknowledged us on how hard we've been working.

My manager was very kind and given me a position where I worked best at, it was a flexible job since I only had to work evenings Sunday through Thursday, my co-workers were definitely helpful, they taught me how to do my job.

Sitting for a long period and staring at a computer really improved my tolerance to computer eye syndrome/digital eye strain.

The enjoyable part of my job, I get to interact with my co-workers and listen to the radio playing through the intercom, including our coffee and lunch breaks.
productive ,fun , team work skills .
brt editor (Former Employee) –  Canada29 April 2016
its a fun place to work with lots of positive people everyone knew their tasks and worked together to get their numbers up
Pros
events
Cons
overtime on fridays
There are some busy days that sometimes our breaks were affected. I usually get along my new co workers.
production inspector (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 January 2016
Employees and superiors are comfortable to work with. co workers are easily to work with. They follow instructions and also asks me questions on some found issues and errors.
Fun place to work in
Brt Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 November 2015
In my short period of time working here I met so many new people and gained so many friends. The staffs are really cool and would help me whenever im struggling with something. Manager would always understand if I ever call in sick! Although this job is only seasonal and youll never know when your last day of work will be.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Long hours sitting, only seasonal
Fun place to work
Hp Indigo Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 November 2015
I learn how to operate HP Indigo Press machine and I enjoyed my work there because supervisor supportive and co workers are great. The most enjoyable part is we work as a team and the camaraderie is awesome. And because I performed well they want me back for next season....
Pros
Time schedule is good.
Cons
Only seasonal job
Clean workspace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2016
Seasonal work. Lifetouch Canada hired approx. 20 customer service reps, and just before Christmas, laid off approx. 15 people.
Good for cookie cutter photographers
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 December 2015
Great started photography job. After a few years you get bored because you are doing the same thing every single day. Great people, good hours, management needs to listen to the photographers more.
great work atmosphere
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 October 2015
Show up to the job and set up equipment to perform the task. How to work with customers. Management looks to help its employees in any way they can. Co-workers work very well together. There is no hard part to this job. Working with the fellow photagraphers.
memorable expereince working in Lifetouch
Photographic Inspector (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 December 2015
everyday is exciting for me because we love doing our job, so tiring but at the end of the day its a blessings for me and im so thankful.
Cons
8 hours
Fast paced photography
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK7 October 2014
A typical day at work consisted of driving to a school in the city or around southern Saskatchewan. Arrive at the school an hour before school starts and set up both individual and group camera. speak with school staff and arrange class order. Arrange name on cards so that flow of children can be made from group camera to individual camera. Some money transactions would occur. The manager was great. If photographers would need a helping hand at a school the manager would come and help out. The co-workers were variable some really loved what they did and some not so much but an all around good environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was to drive to small towns early in the morning in the middle of winter
Love to work with children of all ages?
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2014
This is a fun job, with decent pay, great management, and something new to learn every day. Each assignment is different, and although the setup is the same, you never have the same workday twice. Great place to expand photography and portrait-taking skills, as well as technical skills like calibrating camera/computer components and increasing spatial awareness for setup. Coworkers are friendly and open, as well as helpful when you're new in the job. This position is also somewhat physically challenging; I have definitely become stronger and more in shape than I was when I started. Overall, a great place to work :)
Pros
Mileage and drive time paid; learn something new every day
Cons
No benefits; "retake season" has less hours and opportunities to work
Customer service in bound call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 January 2014
Providing customer care in busy in bound call centre for children’s photos on the phone and through emails.
Strategic-relationship/partnership-building skills – listening attentively, solve problems creatively, and use tact and diplomacy to find come ground and achieve win-win outcomes while maintaining customer loyalty.
Maintaining customer records by updating information on account
Assisted new hires with information to assist them
Pros
Great management with in the centre
Cons
London office is currently closing

2.9