LIFETOUCH CANADA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great for those who enjoy working with children/students
Photographer (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Working with Children/Students, good group of vets to work with
Cons: Heavy Lifting, Long/Short Days, seasonal employment
Long days are not uncommon in the early part of the season, getting up at 5am to be at the job site for 6 or 630 isn't uncommon. Leaving the school at the end of the day some times you leave before the students other times you are not leaving until 4pm or later - if there is a team meeting you are not getting home until 9pm or later depending on how far you live away and how traffic is.

Working in the schools varies day to day, some days you have a dream school other days a nightmare school. Just like the schools you are in the students vary in being great to work with to being less then great - but regardless you do you best to create the images that you've been hired to take.

Diplomacy, Time Management are just two of the main things you have to learn to work with when in a school, since just because you are there all day doesn't mean you will actually have all the time to actually take photographs (its very much possible you will have to tear down and reset up do to various things happening in the school - which cuts into your time you are able to photograph).

Parents can make it interesting since you have to deal with them as well as general staff (its not uncommon to have a parent hovering and being unpleased with the expression of their child - this is when being diplomatic comes in handy for trying to get the child to smile and the parent to back off if at all possible).

It can be most enjoyable working with other photographers who you share various interests with, but also just being with various students if you enjoy being around them can be rewarding – more... in its own fashion.

One of the hardest parts of the job is the hours, you can work 10 hours one day and the next only get in 4 hours or nun if you are not scheduled to work (though request or because they don't need you for the day(. Hauling around 200 pounds of photo equipment is also a fun thing, since not all schools are easy to get into, its not uncommon to have to carry your equipment up or down several flights of stairs and still have to be set up by what ever time you are told you need to be up and running (hence why you get to a school early). – less
memorable expereince working in Lifetouch
Photographic Inspector (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 14, 2015
Cons: 8 hours
everyday is exciting for me because we love doing our job, so tiring but at the end of the day its a blessings for me and im so thankful.
review
Email service rep (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2015
It was a ok experience doing emails. did not like the some of the people working. I liked doing emails and not the phones. management was ok and friendly for some.
great work atmosphere
Photographer (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 22, 2015
Show up to the job and set up equipment to perform the task. How to work with customers. Management looks to help its employees in any way they can. Co-workers work very well together. There is no hard part to this job. Working with the fellow photagraphers.
fun work environment
Photographer (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: i loved the job
Cons: i was on a co-op
i loved every day at henrys, learning how to use each camera and helping customers figure out there new cameras was always an amazing way to spend my days
Managers really focused on allowing us to create relationships
Outside sales (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: 7 weeks vacation(summer/christmas off)
Cons: very little control of product.
A typical day would be visiting at least 3 schools to make sure communication is present. Making sure if there were any concerns they were being taken care of in a timely manner. I would also attempt to sign on new account by visiting 3-5 prospects per week. The biggest takeaway is understanding how to create and maintain professional relationships. Our management team was very hands off and allowed us to follow the process of relationship building, we had one on ones every two weeks and made sure we were on track to hit targets. Our team were very open and honest and would jump to help each other out, wether it was a second person at a presentation or help with a computer problem, someone would always jump to help out. The hardest part of the job for me was learning how to manage 102 accounts. I took over a previous reps territory, and I found it very difficult at first to properly manage all the accounts and build the required relationships with the key decision makers in each account. The best part of the job was the professional relationships I did make and getting to the point where I could walk into an account and have people know who I am. It reinforced that I was servicing their accounts and solving any problems that did arise.
Nice people, terrible management
Photographer (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: working with kids and doing something different each day
Cons: travelling with your own vehicle, little access to assistance when needed
Very unorganized company. They don't prepare you and give you the needed information to go into the job confidently. As much as I liked the people themselves, they are not organized enough to manage properly.
Photographer, Group/Coordinator & Individual (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 18, 2014
I think this job is a great place to work, especially if you love photography & children!!
Fun while working
Name Entry - Full Time Data Entry - Trainer (Current Employee), Inkster, WInnipeg, MBJuly 14, 2014
It's a very typical day at work. Enjoying time with co-workers while working. I love the training of newly hired seasonal because i'm able to share my knowledge and skills to others.
I love the occasional employees day and of course the summer picnic. it somehow bring us all together enjoying life together; playing games and sharing good blessings.
Treatment of employees
former employee (Former Employee), TorontoApril 12, 2014
Pros: the kids
Cons: poor wages, no benefits, horrible hours
When hired, Lifetouch management will tell you that you are NOT ALLOWED to call in sick, and they will only give you a schedule one week in advance, and you might not be working more than 2-3 days a week at barely above minimum wage with NO BENEFITS. You will have to carry heavy equipment in and out of schools, sometimes work 7 hr days without a break, and be expected to go wherever they tell you at a moments notice--sometimes 50 k away from home without getting any compensation for gas.
All they care about is the bottom line. If you are sick or need dental care--too bad for you. They just want a body behind the camera, and believe me, their methods make it so even a monkey could take photos, so don't think you will have any creative input, because you won't.
Productive, fast-paced, exciting environment
Photographer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 3, 2014
Pros: great environment/office/staff
Cons: long days
With Lifetouch Canada in Vancouver, BC, I started out as a photographer and was promoted to Lead Photographer. This position involved scheduling over 25 photographers, scheduling school accounts based on camera allocation. Working with Service Representatives to better serve the schools. I would conduct bi-weekly meetings to keep staff up to date and celebrate their photography. Position also included inventory, assisting in ordering supplies, providing feedback to photographers, reschedule dates if needed, order photo packages, use phone, fax and e-mail on daily basis. In August 2013, I moved to Halifax, NS and transferred into the photography department as a seasonal photographer until December 2013.
Great training and people to work with.
School Photographer (Former Employee), LethbridgeMarch 22, 2014
-Learned many new skills about the work world and photography.
-Good management always had your assigned school a few days before.
-Great Co-workers
-Best part of the job was making kids smile.
Overall great work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), London, OntFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: ability to take time off in summer.
Cons: long hours in peak seasons.
I have learned the importance of team work, as well a effectively working independent. The most enjoyable part of my current position is the close net relationship that has been built with co-workers. I am very sadden with the decision to close the London Operation Center March 14,2014.
great place
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), winnipegJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: treated well
Cons: term to short
productive fun place to work great supervisors annual terments
Working with children from SK to Grade 12
Photographer (Current Employee), Toronto,OnJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: having fun with what i love to do.
Cons: long hours
I would arrive at a school around 7:30am and set up my portable studio with a team of photographers. I would photograph hundreds of children every day for months. I learned many ways to pose people that have not have had experience with a photographer. My co-worker's are very friendly and goal oriented. The hardest part of the job was tearing down the studio because this job is physically demanding. The best part of the job is feeling a part of a community of photographers and having fun with the students of the schools.
fast and productive fun work place
keying addresses, names and organizing pictures (Former Employee), 1395 inkster blvdMay 15, 2013
working at life touch was a good job you meet new people always involved in new things. your always working with your co-workers the management was great and nice if you had a problem they are there to help you if you dont know what to so the hardest part of the job was when I got moved to the accounting department. the most enjoyable part was working with the co-workers and getting to know them and the work experiance.
Enjoy
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 29, 2013
Pros: love what you are doing
Cons: happy and contented
I enjoyed working in lifetouch. I use to encode data from the different school. The management is good i have friendly and helpful co workers. For me theres no hard part on my job because i really like what im doing. Enjoy because i am just using computers and encode the whole day that is why time flies so fast,