Lead Carpenter - Position
We are a full design west end build company servicing Oakville, Mississauga, and Burlington operating for 18 years to date. We are looking for a mature Lead Carpenter to join our construction division to lead projects from construction phase, to finishing to completion.
- On site lead role of construction activities.
- Ensure high standards of safety, quality, workmanship and efficiency.
- Working directly under the Director of Business Development in establishing site priorities and quality control for execution of construction actives.
- Work with office for scheduling and direction of materials and trade contractors.
- Communicate with sub-trades partners and clients as needed.
- You will manage to nurture a safety culture
- Assist in the coordination and execution of required inspections per each home with local Building Inspectors confirming that the houses are being constructed within and beyond the (OBC). Ensure all final inspections are complete, prior to closing of each home.
Required skills and Qualification’s:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a site Lead Carpenter or equivalent.
- Must have Valid Carpentry Certification or Masters status.
- Proficient Carpentry skills in all areas of residential construction.
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- First Aid skills and/or other relevant certificates are considered assets
- Experience in ordering scheduling, and quality control for residential construction / remodel.
- Knowledge of (OBC)
- Strong project management, communication skills and analytical skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize workflow.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Fluent in reading and interpretation of Construction drawings and permits
- Detail oriented and strong ability to follow through to project completion.
If you are organized, efficient and detail oriented and have excellent carpentry skills then this may be the opportunity for you.
Please email your resume in confidence . We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 4 months ago