JOB SUMMARY: To provide a high level of administrative and data management support to the ENT Clinic operations and services.
The current posting is for a full-time position (Bilingual –English/French) at Helix Hearing Care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts job duties with the highest level of confidentiality
- Processes forms, medical letters, reports, charts and files in appropriate systems
- Processes forms, medical letters, reports and faxes or prepares for courier to external sources
- Record and organize patient information according to data management systems, file coding
- Receive and deliver incoming and outgoing mail
- Greet and respond to Patients
- Answer phones
- Retrieving and relaying telephone messages with a maximum of 48 hour call back
- Booking consultation, follow up or related diagnostic (MRI, CT Scan, etc.) appointments
- Conducting confirmation of patient appointments
Teamwork: Assertively works towards collective goals, participates actively in carrying out team and Regional objectives. Takes initiative and pursues opportunities to enhance services and Region targets.
Organizing: Is efficient in use of time and resources. Manages information, data and files appropriately.
Communication: Communicates in a clear and timely way, consistently presents self in a positive, and professional manner.
Problem Solving: Identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, comes up with possible solutions, selects appropriate responses, and implements them.
Quality Focus: Ensures that company policies and procedures are adhered to, ensure Industry and Regulatory protocols for services are set and adhered to.
Self-Management: Works independently within prescribed parameters, can discern the relevance of issues and communicates them effectively to other staff and supervisors.
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Office Administration program is an asset.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Experience as a Medical Secretary is an asset.
- Computer literacy is necessary
- EMR experience is essential