Physiotherapy Assistant - Contractor - Seniors Wellness
Part-Time Physiotherapy Assistant required for a Long Term Care Home in Pembroke for 8 hours a week (either two half days or one full day), starting immediately.
This role is a contract opportunity for a qualified Physiotherapy Assistant to work under the supervision of a Registered Physiotherapist providing services for Lifespan Seniors Wellness.
As a Physiotherapy Assistant in Seniors Wellness (long term care or retirement homes), you will have many opportunities to challenge yourself through applying a broad range of skills to your work with older adults. Effective and appropriate communication with your supervising physiotherapist and other members of the health care team (occupational therapist, nurses, care aides, restorative care), residents and family members is imperative to becoming a part of our organization.
Experience working with seniors in residential care is preferred.
- Assist the supervising physiotherapist in performing various components of the treatment plans for individuals living in residential care communities
- Perform various treatments as prescribed and directed by the supervising Physiotherapist including but not limited to gait training, balance exercises, transfer training, range of motion, strengthening, application of modalities. (i.e. heat, ice, ultrasound, TENS)
- Deliver dynamic, safe and therapeutically beneficial exercise classes for groups of residents
- Set up and prepare equipment and clean up after residents' treatments
- Ensure that the resident gym and treatment areas are safe and tidy
- Maintain regular ongoing communication with the physiotherapist regarding any changes or concerns about a resident's status or treatment interventions
- Record daily treatments using Seniors Wellness' proprietary, web-based system
PTA/OTA Diploma or Kinesiology degree required.
Experience in Long Term Care Homes an asset.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.