LifeMark Employee Reviews

This is a 3rd party company that uses your skills and work ethic for their financial gain.
OTA/PTA (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 November 2017
I worked as a LifeMark employee for 5 years, without a raise - even when asked a handful of times. I was continuously told that I was at the "top of the pay scale" and would not even gain the rate of inflation.

Unfortunately this company does not value having someone who is professional, experienced, and skilled as a part of their team - they would rather hire a new graduate and pay them slightly above minimum wage.

I think this position is fine for anyone who is just finishing school and needs experience - but don't plan on sticking around too long.
Pros
Self-directed
Cons
No raise
Management was horrible
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2017
Worked at Lifemark for a few month but it was a mess.

They had just hired a new Tech Support Manager and he was fresh out of school, no experience.
Pros
Nothing positive
Great team
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
I have worked for Lifemark for many, many years. I like & trust my colleagues, management too. I also like that I can voice an opinion or speak my mind and be heard. I have flexibility with my hours/location of work and am given autonomy to do my job - all things which have kept me here for as long as I have been.
Unfair treatment
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  British Columbia14 August 2017
Horrible Pay. To management all employees are replaceable, never expect a decent wage. Management was only in it for the money and had very little connection or care about rehab. However co workers are friendly and clients were very courteous and kind.
Pros
Fantastic Clients
Cons
Disrespect, low pay
Very upsetting, no gains job.
OTA/PTA (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON26 July 2017
Salary was low, with no possibility of advancement. Management was upsetting, never there to answer calls, or questions or help their staff. When an issue arose, they tried their best to make themselves look good and their staff look bad. Management would take weeks to email/call back with an answer to a question. Never looked over equipment to make sure it was in correct functioning or sanitary. Never took PTAs opinions into consideration. Workplace culture was terrible. Very rude staff where most of them did not understand the role of an OTA/PTA ( and would pick on them constantly ). Management was informed and did nothing to help.
The hardest part of the job was knowing that no one was there to stand by you and the other PTAs.
The most enjoyable was building a rapport with patients and family.
Pros
Has benefits.
Cons
Salary, management, no depth work, poor protocol.
Current job
Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2017
I really enjoy the team and Lifemark. I am moving provinces and have been fortunate enough to stay within the company. As a new graduate, I have learned so many great skills through their mentor ship series. Lots of opportunities for growth in this company,
Abusive management staff
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON13 June 2017
If you don't fit into their approved cllck, you will be treated very badly. Clinic Director and Management staff are inexperienced and unqualified to manage staff.
Benefits
Cons
Abusive management staff
Terrible
Staff (Former Employee) –  Windsor ODSP office25 May 2017
Worked for centric health a company in relation to lifemark. Did one flu clinic without any training what so ever, I did an excellent job, staff and patients loved my care. I made a small paper error and I was never called back. Management were nasty, treated me like a number, not a person. They didn't even care to take the time to show the paper work in advance.
Pros
Cons
Patients at the site were kind to me
Terrible management, unfair treatment, terrible wages
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary4 May 2017
Lifemark is the worst organization ever, who treat their employees like garbage. Compensation is basically minimum wage and not worth all the hard work and time you put into your job. You will never be able to advance or make more money because they will do everything they can to not give you a raise. Avoid working there at all costs!!
Pros
Enjoyed coworkers
Cons
Terrible wages, unappreciated, awful rude management, pretty much everything
Very busy clinic
Administration (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2017
Lifemark is a very friendly outgoing place to work. fast pace as you have a lot of clients that come in daily, also with that a lot of paper work. You wouldn't ever be bored as there's always something to do. the team there is like family everyone helps everyone an like I said super friendly.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
open till late

Want to know more about LifeMark?

Ask a question
The staff are very nice, especially the manager!
Receptionist/Administration as Practicum (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
When im doing my practicum in life its awesome becuase I've learned so much in there system. They allow me to do the actual jobs and dealing with patients. Its very awesome expierienced. Thank you lifemark south trail!
All about the numbers
Kinesiologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people. Least enjoyable was management, and job stability. There was not much opportunity to grow.
Pros
seminars, people
Cons
management, layoffs
A great working environment
Occupational Therapist, OTR/L (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2016
LifeMark is a great place to work, with a great team environment and helpful when seeking specific resources or guidance on treatment approaches.
Fun place to work
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Chestermere, AB6 February 2016
I love my team and the community that the clinic is. Productive work and rewarding relation with clients and team. A place to work and have fun.