Lifemark Health Group Employee Reviews

Salary/Benefits and Management are very bad
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
Salary/Benefits are very bad since is heavy dependent on clients (if you don't see 20 clients per week you don't get any benefits). Management is not very helpful and they do not go above and beyond for their employees. It always seems that the manager has to go on a wild goose chase in order to get an answer with no results.
if it was not for my colleagues I would have left this company already, they help me more then management.
Pros
People I work with
Cons
Salary/Benefits, No clients, or hourly rate for Full-timmer
Lifemark is a great place to work!
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 January 2018
I have been with the company for over 10 years and have been provided with many new and exciting opportunities. Management is open minded and eager to learn about new idea's from staff, I feel supported by my manager and work with a very caring and passionate group of health care professionals. The working environment can sometimes be challenging and there is a heavy workload. However, there are lots of educational programs offered by Lifemark and an opportunity to learn from my colleges on a daily basis.
Pros
Great working enviroment, well supported
Good atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2017
Great coworkers and client rapport, however, when it comes to Lifemark overall not so great. No proper increase in salaries, advancement, and benefits not great. Don't feel valued working for Lifemark.
Great team environment with awesome people!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alberta8 December 2017
As an employee at Lifemark for many years I have advanced within the company in a variety of roles. I have been provided with many opportunities to learn, work independently and share my opinions and ideas. What has kept me with the company are the continued opportunities to learn, as well as the people I get to work with every day. It is a professional, yet fun, team focused atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Fun, team focused, job stability, some flex hours
Unfair management and poor leadership
Staff (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 December 2017
I have worked in several places and with scores of senior management, but never have I ever met management so rude and condescending as the Clinical Director and senior staff. They treat you with disrespect, will provide little to no coaching, offer contradictory instructions and expect you to have your life revolve around them, overwork you, and be grateful for so. They also have favourites and will judge those who they think don't fit their snob bill. Do not fall for the sweet talk - it is false and a farce. Also, HIGH gossip environment.
Pros
Nice co-workers, very lovely physiotherapists and reception staff
Cons
Rude, unprofessional, condescending, disorganised to the core
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2017
I like working for Lifemark because people know the company and trust it when it comes to seeking out therapy. I like the people I work with and the patients I am treating. My boss is great and management supports me seeking out further education to better my practice.
Pros
Educational allowance, well-known, many locations
Cons
Working evenings
This is a 3rd party company that uses your skills and work ethic for their financial gain.
OTA/PTA (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 November 2017
I worked as a LifeMark employee for 5 years, without a raise - even when asked a handful of times. I was continuously told that I was at the "top of the pay scale" and would not even gain the rate of inflation.

Unfortunately this company does not value having someone who is professional, experienced, and skilled as a part of their team - they would rather hire a new graduate and pay them slightly above minimum wage.

I think this position is fine for anyone who is just finishing school and needs experience - but don't plan on sticking around too long.
Pros
Self-directed
Cons
No raise
Management was horrible
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2017
Worked at Lifemark for a few month but it was a mess.

They had just hired a new Tech Support Manager and he was fresh out of school, no experience.
Pros
Nothing positive
Great team
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
I have worked for Lifemark for many, many years. I like & trust my colleagues, management too. I also like that I can voice an opinion or speak my mind and be heard. I have flexibility with my hours/location of work and am given autonomy to do my job - all things which have kept me here for as long as I have been.
Not very good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB24 October 2017
Management was not very well organized and micromanaged to the extreme, always in trouble for stuff I didn't do. Upper management went against protocols after I raised issues to them. All therapists were unhappy and everyone who was there for a long time were leaving due to management
Cons
No work/life balance, disrespectful management, did not value employees
Independent work, difficult management
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
Company is a good opportunity for independent employees, however management does not care about employee satisfaction

Typical day is variable depending on your work schedule
Unfair treatment
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  British Columbia14 August 2017
Horrible Pay. To management all employees are replaceable, never expect a decent wage. Management was only in it for the money and had very little connection or care about rehab. However co workers are friendly and clients were very courteous and kind.
Pros
Fantastic Clients
Cons
Disrespect, low pay
Very upsetting, no gains job.
OTA/PTA (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON26 July 2017
Salary was low, with no possibility of advancement. Management was upsetting, never there to answer calls, or questions or help their staff. When an issue arose, they tried their best to make themselves look good and their staff look bad. Management would take weeks to email/call back with an answer to a question. Never looked over equipment to make sure it was in correct functioning or sanitary. Never took PTAs opinions into consideration. Workplace culture was terrible. Very rude staff where most of them did not understand the role of an OTA/PTA ( and would pick on them constantly ). Management was informed and did nothing to help.
The hardest part of the job was knowing that no one was there to stand by you and the other PTAs.
The most enjoyable was building a rapport with patients and family.
Pros
Has benefits.
Cons
Salary, management, no depth work, poor protocol.
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunridge13 July 2017
You know you're walking into a happy job when you hear the staff laughing. LifeMark has been a great place to work. The staff are all knowledgeable and are kept up to date with training and meetings. Patient satisfaction has always been great and I recommend them to people I meet who have a need for physiotherapy.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Didn't work there for as long as I would of liked to
Current job
Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2017
I really enjoy the team and Lifemark. I am moving provinces and have been fortunate enough to stay within the company. As a new graduate, I have learned so many great skills through their mentor ship series. Lots of opportunities for growth in this company,
Abusive management staff
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON13 June 2017
If you don't fit into their approved cllck, you will be treated very badly. Clinic Director and Management staff are inexperienced and unqualified to manage staff.
Benefits
Cons
Abusive management staff
Interesting work, great people
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2017
Enjoyed working at LIfemark due to the flexibility of my position and the people with whom I worked. Culture focuses on patients and providing quality care. Great energy within leadership!
Terrible
Staff (Former Employee) –  Windsor ODSP office25 May 2017
Worked for centric health a company in relation to lifemark. Did one flu clinic without any training what so ever, I did an excellent job, staff and patients loved my care. I made a small paper error and I was never called back. Management were nasty, treated me like a number, not a person. They didn't even care to take the time to show the paper work in advance.
Pros
Cons
Patients at the site were kind to me
Terrible management, unfair treatment, terrible wages
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary4 May 2017
Lifemark is the worst organization ever, who treat their employees like garbage. Compensation is basically minimum wage and not worth all the hard work and time you put into your job. You will never be able to advance or make more money because they will do everything they can to not give you a raise. Avoid working there at all costs!!
Pros
Enjoyed coworkers
Cons
Terrible wages, unappreciated, awful rude management, pretty much everything
Very busy clinic
Administration (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2017
Lifemark is a very friendly outgoing place to work. fast pace as you have a lot of clients that come in daily, also with that a lot of paper work. You wouldn't ever be bored as there's always something to do. the team there is like family everyone helps everyone an like I said super friendly.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
open till late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifemark Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8