LifeLabs Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
excellent place to work, great support and room to grow and move forward, great staff and managers.
Medical Laboratory Technician+ Site Lead (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 22, 2015
Pros: great support, benefits and vacation
Cons: none
I enjoy working for LifeLabs as its a fun but proffessional place to work. I have worked opening and closing at several locations, opening right on time and being presentable and smiling is very important to me. The management is great as they are always there for me and very supportive.The hardest part of my job is dealing with angry patients who are complaining. But know to diffuse the situation or guide them to higher up athortities and being understanding and empathetic.
Lifelabs
Shipping and Reciving (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: Team work
Cons: Boring (Some times)
Friendly work environment. High safety measures, positive atmosphere,team work.The team of four system along with the team leader made us super productive.
Productive and hardworking
Med Lab Assistant Tech (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2015
I am seeking an entry level position that will allow me to use my trainng while building my career with a stable organization. I have worked as a Medical Lab Assistant Technician for 3  years. During that time, my skills in the following areas been extensively developed  and sharpened:
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Good with their employees , fair in all decisions, trained in a regular basis, always paying attention about any incident, pushing us to be better every day
Not applicable
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 26, 2016
I would like to work in other field other then health care to get experience. I am interesting in field of customer service, senior care and child care.
Great atmosphere to work
Mobile Laboratory Patient Technician (Current Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 19, 2015
The people and patients are great to work with! I love going to work every day! I have only been with the company and I have already received a promotion which I love.
the job is a bit stressful
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), North York, ONAugust 13, 2015
The typical day in Lifelabs is very fast but i learned to multi task in everything and i was able to manage my time every single day. My co workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was when the patients are not cooperative. The most enjoyable part is the job of helping and caring for patients.
o.k. company
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2015
job was o.k., management not so. Small company, no room for advancement. Work was busy dealing with other departments and factories,
Fast Paced work environment
Laboratory Assisstant (Current Employee), 1333 Sheppard Ave ENovember 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Sometimes I miss my break because it is so busy
I begin my day by opening specimens collected and delivered to the lab by couriers. When we receive samples, we open them, enter them into the computer system, label them, and finally send them to the main laboratory for testing. I have learned how to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team. The most important skill I have gained through my experience is good teamwork and communication. Management at Lifelabs is excellent at supporting their workers and ensuring they are well taken care of. My coworkers are equally superb, as we have learned to function as a cohesive unit in order to sort and process close to 600 samples per day. The hardest part of my job is trying to finish all the work in time. My team and I have to work at a very fast pace in order to finish all the work by the end of the day. The most enjoyable part is interacting and working together with my coworkers. It is very enjoyable to see the progression of teamwork and efficiency we have developed as a team over the years I have been working at Lifelabs.
Great team
Coordinator, Customer Experience (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 8, 2015
I work with a great team of individuals! The company needs to become more employee engaged and customer focused though.
Best Place for working
Regional Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Uxbridge, OshawaJuly 29, 2015
I work with one of the best Medical Technicians in the industry. My managers are understanding and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the Job at Oshawa and Uxbridge is to meet and greet people.
satisfying work,great coworkers.wonderful clients
Courier Driver (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: independance, great coworker support
Cons: very small pay increases.Shift work.management structure and protocol
It was great to be on the road servicing clients.I especially enjoyed the country routes.Client interaction was a wonderful,rewarding experience.Management on the otherhand was difficult to deal with.No empathy.Strictly by the book.Any problems or infractions were not brought to your attention for 2-3 months afterwards.AND don't get sick!Trying to take any sick time off was a pain!
Productive, quiet and fast paced environment
Medical lab assistant (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONAugust 6, 2015
Big company with room for advancement. Supervisors are very supportive. Very culturally diverse work place. Friendly work environmentd
Good experience in fast paced environment!
Internship Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 17, 2015
Loved working at this company gained more hands on training as my asset.
Applied hands-on learned principles in medical diagnostic testing analysis
Maintained the quality and integrity of specimens
Performed 12 leads electrocardiogram for patients with cardiac disease and arrhythmias
Labelled and handled blood samples in test tubes according to protocols
Experience depends completely on the staff you work with
Data entry / specimen sorting (Former Employee), Ottawa, onMay 25, 2015
Management is poor, very disorganized and has poor control. Teams self manage and are often over-worked and poorly compensated.
phlebotomist (Former Employee), Meadowview town centerJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: 2
Cons: 5
Mlt/A
phlebotomy, greeting patients, decontamination of cubicles, stock - up, training in WHIM IS, order of draw, centifugation, separation of serum and plasma,
A liquor tube, urine analysis, set up the light Microscope and counting or the white blood cells in a manual way. ECG performance.Blood blood pressure measurement and all vital signs.
Fast Pace
Practicum (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great place to be there
Cons: need more space for the lab.
It is a very fast pace environment, very friendly and helpful staff, sight supervisor is awesome with a great knowledge of running easily, smoothly efficient way a busy Lab. Time runs fast, you feel you need to be there more. Great Place to work for.
Worked in both a team and independent setting managing operations
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 18, 2014
The company allowed me to grow within the company from a front line employee to management. I will be forever grateful for the skills I acquired during my tenure. Work/Life balance could improve. A very demanding position in a 7 day operation. The people were the greatest aspect of my work.
Fast paced professional environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: 2 breaks and a 30 minute lunch during 8 hr shift
Cons: physically demanding
I was responsible for patient identification and specimen collection
Processing of information and specimen prep for shipping.
Co-workers were apporachable and gave direction and answered any and all of my questions.
Hardest part of the job, would be language barrier ( as we need to instruct patients on procedures before specimen collection )
Most enjoyable part of the job was working within a laboratory setting directly with the technologist in preparing and collection samples for testing.
Lifelabs is a good place to start a future, but their job security is poor
Mobile laboratory patient technician / Core Lab (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, OntarioJune 29, 2012
Pros: patient care has improved over the years, and their benifit package is good.
Cons: the lack of a union allows management to treat employees poorly, and favouratism is the norm rather than the exception.
My career at Lifelabs was steady and rewarding, but the management is lacking organization and the ability to grow into the future. There are to many "bosses" and they are not in touch with each other, causing mass confusion and a disorderly work place.

February 6, 2013

This Health Care Facility is a terrible , stressful, place to work at!!!!! Management and Human Resource are bind together. There is to much favoritism, Racism, inappropriate behavior. Making racism comments at other co workers, making sexual comments to employees, blood sample being put in other peoples Lab coats just to be Vindictive. This are serious allegations and but they are true!!! Nothing is being done about this inappropriate actions.

Headquarters