LifeLabs

LifeLabs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
the job is a bit stressful
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), North York, ONAugust 13, 2015
The typical day in Lifelabs is very fast but i learned to multi task in everything and i was able to manage my time every single day. My co workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was when the patients are not cooperative. The most enjoyable part is the job of helping and caring for patients.
Productive, quiet and fast paced environment
Medical lab assistant (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONAugust 6, 2015
Big company with room for advancement. Supervisors are very supportive. Very culturally diverse work place. Friendly work environmentd
Best Place for working
Regional Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Uxbridge, OshawaJuly 29, 2015
I work with one of the best Medical Technicians in the industry. My managers are understanding and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the Job at Oshawa and Uxbridge is to meet and greet people.
Experience depends completely on the staff you work with
Data entry / specimen sorting (Former Employee), Ottawa, onMay 25, 2015
Management is poor, very disorganized and has poor control. Teams self manage and are often over-worked and poorly compensated.
satisfying work,great coworkers.wonderful clients
Courier Driver (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: independance, great coworker support
Cons: very small pay increases.Shift work.management structure and protocol
It was great to be on the road servicing clients.I especially enjoyed the country routes.Client interaction was a wonderful,rewarding experience.Management on the otherhand was difficult to deal with.No empathy.Strictly by the book.Any problems or infractions were not brought to your attention for 2-3 months afterwards.AND don't get sick!Trying to take any sick time off was a pain!
Good experience in fast paced environment!
Internship Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 17, 2015
Loved working at this company gained more hands on training as my asset.
Applied hands-on learned principles in medical diagnostic testing analysis
Maintained the quality and integrity of specimens
Performed 12 leads electrocardiogram for patients with cardiac disease and arrhythmias
Labelled and handled blood samples in test tubes according to protocols
Fast Pace
Practicum (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great place to be there
Cons: need more space for the lab.
It is a very fast pace environment, very friendly and helpful staff, sight supervisor is awesome with a great knowledge of running easily, smoothly efficient way a busy Lab. Time runs fast, you feel you need to be there more. Great Place to work for.
phlebotomist (Former Employee), Meadowview town centerJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: 2
Cons: 5
Mlt/A
phlebotomy, greeting patients, decontamination of cubicles, stock - up, training in WHIM IS, order of draw, centifugation, separation of serum and plasma,
A liquor tube, urine analysis, set up the light Microscope and counting or the white blood cells in a manual way. ECG performance.Blood blood pressure measurement and all vital signs.
Busy and educational
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONOctober 17, 2014
Cons: it was only a co-op through the college to get my diploma
it was a nice place to work with friendly co-workers. It was a ready busy site. I was a great place to get a taste of my career and now I'm ready for more.
great staff and a fun learning atmospere
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), perthOctober 16, 2014
LifeLabs was a fun learning experience, they have great staff and are always willing to help out and give the knowledge to help others.
Worked in both a team and independent setting managing operations
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 18, 2014
The company allowed me to grow within the company from a front line employee to management. I will be forever grateful for the skills I acquired during my tenure. Work/Life balance could improve. A very demanding position in a 7 day operation. The people were the greatest aspect of my work.
A really great company to work for
LTA (Former Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 11, 2014
Pros: union postion
Cons: the afternoon shift 2-10
I was constantly learning while working here. It was extremely challenging and interesting.
My co workers were wonderful and we all worked well as a team.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning all the time.
If you need an interim place to work
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2014
I don't recommend their call centre as a permananent solution for your career goals, but if you're looking for someplace to make you realize what you want and don't want from a job....come here. It will straighten you out and help you realize your true goals and potential
Senior QA Lead
Senior QA Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2014
Excellent work environment, extremely cooperative colleagues. Great support from management.
cytology dept good place to work
SENIOR CYTOTECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMay 29, 2014
Cytology field has been affected by government regulations resulting in reduced volume of work
Fast paced professional environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: 2 breaks and a 30 minute lunch during 8 hr shift
Cons: physically demanding
I was responsible for patient identification and specimen collection
Processing of information and specimen prep for shipping.
Co-workers were apporachable and gave direction and answered any and all of my questions.
Hardest part of the job, would be language barrier ( as we need to instruct patients on procedures before specimen collection )
Most enjoyable part of the job was working within a laboratory setting directly with the technologist in preparing and collection samples for testing.
Overview of my work at Lifelabs
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), 100 International BlvdNovember 26, 2013
Pros: everyday there is something new to discover
Cons: need longer lunch breaks
Working as a Lifelabs Customer Care Associate is a learning experience each and every single day. Each day, thousands of specimens are collected, tested and reported; and everyday I get to give out information to doctors and medical personnel. These information aid them in providing their patients' proper care. Knowing that I’ve helped somebody; whether a doctor who is treating a patient in his office, a patient asking what they need to know to prepare for a test, or a nurse who needs information on how to handle a specimen gives me a feeling of great accomplishment each day. On top of all these, I get to interact with people who are friendly, helpful and make you feel you belong. After almost four years, I am still taking calls and giving out information and doing my best to make a difference.
Nice Place to Work
Team Lead, Systems Administrator (Current Employee), ONNovember 18, 2013
Gets opportunity to work on verity of technology and training to improve on.
Great place to work, unfortunately very little chance of advancement
MLT (Current Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 19, 2013
Very good place to work, with little opportunity for career advancement. Great team environment, relatively good benefits for part-time employees. Excessive shift work, with few day time shifts, make work/Life management difficult.
effecient private lab
Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 25, 2013
Pros: no evening and weekends in my department-this is rare
Cons: very repetitive
-must be very productive as it is a private lab
-management responsive to suggestions