LifeLabs Employee Reviews

great coworkers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 November 2016
depending on schedule either on call, or regular shift
great co-workers

need better management/supervisors
need to not be so hard on new employees, there is a learning curve

every lab should have the same protocol, talking patients, entering patients, etc.
Pros
good place to gain experience
Cons
on call not enough hours
Would Benefit with a Few Improvements
Medical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canada1 November 2016
The best thing about my job was my Co-workers and my Site Supervisors. They were all so kind and empathetic and were always available to help when you needed help regardless if you've been with the company for a few months to many years.

The most disappointing part of the company was that whenever we had issues or concerns, they heard you but they didn't listen to you. For example, staffing and workload. Even when patients complained, especially in regards to wait times, they were often heard, but never listened to.

Unfortunately, at the end of my many years of service with the company, I felt underappreciated and replaceable.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good Pay
Cons
Heavy Workload, Limited Staffing
!
Lease Analyst / Leasing Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga24 October 2016
Work Load is excessive. Lack of management. Too many files to handle at one given point. Not able to prioritize as everything is super urgent. Lack of Training
Great job but employer needs to impove employee/employer relations
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 September 2016
On an average day the lab would see 130 -200 patients a day depending on the location. You learn to work fast and effetely. My co-workers were a great team but the management a work in progress. Hardest part of the job was dealing with sick kids and the best part was seeing them get better.
Pros
Great job great co - workers
Cons
some times the work load is overwhelming
Good workplace, very organized work and a job where it is easy to learn more than you know
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 September 2016
Busy day-to-day work, but not stressful at all.
Friendly coworkers
helpful supervisors and team leaders
easy to understand work and straightforward programs
Pros
two breaks plus one lunch
Cons
no cons
Excellent Patient Care Centres
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON1 September 2016
- busy and customer oriented
- learn alot of different phlebotomy skills
- the hardest part of this job sometimes is the customer service and patient load
Focus and productive workplace.
Medical laboratory Technician/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON9 August 2016
Excellent company, they always take the time to teach you, I will love to work there in a close future!
I learn phlebotomist, ECG, sample sort, data entry experience with LIS system.
My co-workers were excellent.
The hardest part of the job was Data Entry.
The most enjoyable part of the job was phlebotomist.
Interesting learning experience
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 August 2016
The day flies by and I love meeting and talking to patients. Probably my favorite part of the job.
I love that you are given a variety of jobs, such as data entry and back bench and dealing with patients.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with a lot of negativeness with other employees.
Pros
very busy and fast paced
Not recommeneded.
Medical Lab Assistant/Clinical Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 July 2016
Hardest part of the job is dealing with patients. Not much career advancement. Not much proper training. Company likes to save on money. Very repetitive work. Work can be dangerous.
Casual position as Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 July 2016
Salary is competitive and its a good place to work. Lots of opportunities to move within the company.......................
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2016
Load up the car or van you may drive that day. Load supplies and empty bags to labs on the routes. Do a log book to put information down for location of pick up or drop off time and how many to be dropped off. My co-workers was good. Management could have been better. Meet and talk to other lab techs.
Cons
It was good while I was working there.
Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2016
I loved working there but ultimately they grew too fast and it was their faithful employees who they sacrificed. Their employees at our location really cared.
Lifelabs
Shipping and Reciving (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2016
Friendly work environment. High safety measures, positive atmosphere,team work.The team of four system along with the team leader made us super productive.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Boring (Some times)
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 February 2016
Good with their employees , fair in all decisions, trained in a regular basis, always paying attention about any incident, pushing us to be better every day
Not applicable
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC26 January 2016
I would like to work in other field other then health care to get experience. I am interesting in field of customer service, senior care and child care.
o.k. company
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 November 2015
job was o.k., management not so. Small company, no room for advancement. Work was busy dealing with other departments and factories,
Great atmosphere to work
Mobile Laboratory Patient Technician (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 November 2015
The people and patients are great to work with! I love going to work every day! I have only been with the company and I have already received a promotion which I love.
Productive and hardworking
Med Lab Assistant Tech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2015
I am seeking an entry level position that will allow me to use my trainng while building my career with a stable organization. I have worked as a Medical Lab Assistant Technician for 3  years. During that time, my skills in the following areas been extensively developed  and sharpened:
Great team
Coordinator, Customer Experience (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2015
I work with a great team of individuals! The company needs to become more employee engaged and customer focused though.
Fast Paced work environment
Laboratory Assisstant (Current Employee) –  1333 Sheppard Ave E4 November 2015
I begin my day by opening specimens collected and delivered to the lab by couriers. When we receive samples, we open them, enter them into the computer system, label them, and finally send them to the main laboratory for testing. I have learned how to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team. The most important skill I have gained through my experience is good teamwork and communication. Management at Lifelabs is excellent at supporting their workers and ensuring they are well taken care of. My coworkers are equally superb, as we have learned to function as a cohesive unit in order to sort and process close to 600 samples per day. The hardest part of my job is trying to finish all the work in time. My team and I have to work at a very fast pace in order to finish all the work by the end of the day. The most enjoyable part is interacting and working together with my coworkers. It is very enjoyable to see the progression of teamwork and efficiency we have developed as a team over the years I have been working at Lifelabs.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sometimes I miss my break because it is so busy