LifeLabs Employee Reviews

Fun place, new patients, different PSC.
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 June 2017
Busy place with new patients and challenges, amicable environment, with helping staff. I would really recommend this place to work. Its an exciting opportunity to work for anyone.
great co-workers
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON8 May 2017
Great place to work up until a few years ago. Ceo and other management needs improving.
Lab closures to save money, but closed the wrong areas.
Niagara is a great need of a testing lab and that is the one that closed.
Pros
work life balance, good team to work with
Cons
Bad management
Always a good productive day
Casual Clinical Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond BC2 May 2017
I work for one of the largest medical company in Canada. We have patients lined up from 530 AM. Each day is challenging and different. I love my co workers and since I have been casual and work in different labs everyday I have adapted to each lab and my coworkers so its always a team work and every one is comfortable working with each other strength and weakness. My manager is the most professional and understanding person I have worked with. She is always welcoming if we have issues in the lab or with any of our schedules. I love my job because everyday I meet different people and its always a experience and also its multi tasking so I am always on my toes.
Pros
Coffee cards, chocolates, free lunches
Cons
Short staff in busy labs
Used to be a great place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
Management likes to play musical chairs too often and usually with players who don't understand enough about their seat. The more this happens the less people want to stay there. It used to have great leaders who know the job they manage. Now it's filled with so many people who just don't know. So, they are unable to lead, because they simply lack the knowledge and skillset.
Cons
non unionized
Good place to work but very demanding
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 April 2017
Being a casual at LifeLabs is very demanding. I am in a position to get to the labs by vehicle, but even if I was late, i would still be reprimanded on it.
LifeLabs
Clinical Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC6 April 2017
It is a hectic place to work. You feel extremely overworked and most of the time its incredibly understaffed. The management is great and always willing to help but it can be very overwhelming at times.
Pros
Fast days
Cons
Depressing environment
Used to be a great company
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 April 2017
Lifelabs used to be a fun and great place to work, until new management came in. There is a lot of favoritism and they treat you like lab rats. Work, work, work. Constantly watching over you. I do not recommend anyone applying to this company. If you like feeling belittled, over worked and getting pressured, this is the perfect place for you!
Pros
Cons
over worked and depressing environment
It was alright
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 April 2017
Lifelabs created a happy / sad type work environment for me. I loved to help all the patients that were home bound, but to follow a patient through to the end of their time on this earth was a very difficult position to be in. It makes you really appreciate life.
great teamwork
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  BC26 March 2017
I enjoy working with the people, each lab I work at has a great team of individuals that care about well being of people, empathetic and respect for every person.
Productive fun place to work
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
Fun and constructive days of work filled with my colleagues. Training is easy and entertaining as long as this field of work piques your interests. Overall this is a great company to work for.
was a great place to work
MLT-Micro, Biochem, Immunoassay, RIA/Serology (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON4 March 2017
they accommodated you if your kids were sick
was a relaxed and fun but fast place working conditions but thoroughly enjoyed my years there....was hoping I would have been able to retire from there
good
MOBILE LABORATORY PATIENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
Life labs is good for work, benefits and job culture. I learned lot of things from life labs. Life is most enjoyable part of the job.
great placement
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 February 2017
I had a wonderful time here, everything was so organized and the staff were great! Everyone, staff and patients were treated as individuals and treated as they needed to be tended too.
Cons
long drive
excellent place to work
Mobile Laboratory Patient Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 February 2017
learning, place ,continuing education , team managements skill,pleasant behaviors , enjoyable part of the job, any numbers hrs productive, very much cultures job environment, healthy opportunities, no discrimination
Pros
good incentives, flexible hrs
Cons
wonderful management
Not great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 January 2017
Very stressful environment. Long lineups, always short staffed. Very negative place to work. I don't recommend this employer.
Exceptional company
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2017
Great company, fast-paced environment, very friendly staff, who were always willing to help.

I have learned to multi-task in everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping and caring for the patients.
Lifelabs is a competent company.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Newmarket,on canada8 January 2017
Always offering trading and refresher programs to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste,
Directed recruitment/ staff development initiatives to maximize productivity and revenue potencial through development of a sales team.
Successfully increased employee retention by created a positive work environment
very small lab, clinic drama
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, BC7 January 2017
previously worked at this location, it is very small and stuffy. staff were friendly at beginning, but then turned two faced and accused me of doing false things. jealousy, staff drama, and lots of behind your back talk as it is a very small town and everyone knows your business.
Pros
good work hours and pay
Cons
working with two faced people, no recognition for job well done, very poor and amature managment
Fun workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 January 2017
This Job was great, very enjoyable to work at. had a great and warming and welcoming staff. great hours and pay. enjoyed working here
I have enjoyed working for LifeLabs. Recently moved and would like to pick up where I left off.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 December 2016
I enjoy meeting the patients. I get along with all co-workers and Management. Knowing that you did a good job and helped out is very rewarding.
Pros
Recognition of a job well done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeLabs. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval