LifeLabs Employee Reviews in Canada

Not recommeneded.
Medical Lab Assistant/Clinical Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 11, 2016
Hardest part of the job is dealing with patients. Not much career advancement. Not much proper training. Company likes to save on money. Very repetitive work. Work can be dangerous.
Casual position as Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 2, 2016
Salary is competitive and its a good place to work. Lots of opportunities to move within the company.......................
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2016
Load up the car or van you may drive that day. Load supplies and empty bags to labs on the routes. Do a log book to put information down for location of pick up or drop off time and how many to be dropped off. My co-workers was good. Management could have been better. Meet and talk to other lab techs.
Cons
It was good while I was working there.
Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2016
I loved working there but ultimately they grew too fast and it was their faithful employees who they sacrificed. Their employees at our location really cared.
Lifelabs
Shipping and Reciving (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 1, 2016
Friendly work environment. High safety measures, positive atmosphere,team work.The team of four system along with the team leader made us super productive.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Boring (Some times)
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Good with their employees , fair in all decisions, trained in a regular basis, always paying attention about any incident, pushing us to be better every day
Not applicable
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJanuary 26, 2016
I would like to work in other field other then health care to get experience. I am interesting in field of customer service, senior care and child care.
o.k. company
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2015
job was o.k., management not so. Small company, no room for advancement. Work was busy dealing with other departments and factories,
Great atmosphere to work
Mobile Laboratory Patient Technician (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 19, 2015
The people and patients are great to work with! I love going to work every day! I have only been with the company and I have already received a promotion which I love.
Productive and hardworking
Med Lab Assistant Tech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2015
I am seeking an entry level position that will allow me to use my trainng while building my career with a stable organization. I have worked as a Medical Lab Assistant Technician for 3  years. During that time, my skills in the following areas been extensively developed  and sharpened:
Great team
Coordinator, Customer Experience (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 8, 2015
I work with a great team of individuals! The company needs to become more employee engaged and customer focused though.
Fast Paced work environment
Laboratory Assisstant (Current Employee) –  1333 Sheppard Ave ENovember 4, 2015
I begin my day by opening specimens collected and delivered to the lab by couriers. When we receive samples, we open them, enter them into the computer system, label them, and finally send them to the main laboratory for testing. I have learned how to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team. The most important skill I have gained through my experience is good teamwork and communication. Management at Lifelabs is excellent at supporting their workers and ensuring they are well taken care of. My coworkers are equally superb, as we have learned to function as a cohesive unit in order to sort and process close to 600 samples per day. The hardest part of my job is trying to finish all the work in time. My team and I have to work at a very fast pace in order to finish all the work by the end of the day. The most enjoyable part is interacting and working together with my coworkers. It is very enjoyable to see the progression of teamwork and efficiency we have developed as a team over the years I have been working at Lifelabs.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sometimes I miss my break because it is so busy
excellent place to work, great support and room to grow and move forward, great staff and managers.
Medical Laboratory Technician+ Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 22, 2015
I enjoy working for LifeLabs as its a fun but proffessional place to work. I have worked opening and closing at several locations, opening right on time and being presentable and smiling is very important to me. The management is great as they are always there for me and very supportive.The hardest part of my job is dealing with angry patients who are complaining. But know to diffuse the situation or guide them to higher up athortities and being understanding and empathetic.
Pros
great support, benefits and vacation
Cons
the job is a bit stressful
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ONAugust 13, 2015
The typical day in Lifelabs is very fast but i learned to multi task in everything and i was able to manage my time every single day. My co workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was when the patients are not cooperative. The most enjoyable part is the job of helping and caring for patients.
Productive, quiet and fast paced environment
Medical lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 6, 2015
Big company with room for advancement. Supervisors are very supportive. Very culturally diverse work place. Friendly work environmentd
Best Place for working
Regional Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, OshawaJuly 29, 2015
I work with one of the best Medical Technicians in the industry. My managers are understanding and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the Job at Oshawa and Uxbridge is to meet and greet people.
Experience depends completely on the staff you work with
Data entry / specimen sorting (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, onMay 25, 2015
Management is poor, very disorganized and has poor control. Teams self manage and are often over-worked and poorly compensated.
satisfying work,great coworkers.wonderful clients
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 15, 2015
It was great to be on the road servicing clients.I especially enjoyed the country routes.Client interaction was a wonderful,rewarding experience.Management on the otherhand was difficult to deal with.No empathy.Strictly by the book.Any problems or infractions were not brought to your attention for 2-3 months afterwards.AND don't get sick!Trying to take any sick time off was a pain!
Pros
independance, great coworker support
Cons
very small pay increases.Shift work.management structure and protocol
Good experience in fast paced environment!
Internship Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 17, 2015
Loved working at this company gained more hands on training as my asset.
Applied hands-on learned principles in medical diagnostic testing analysis
Maintained the quality and integrity of specimens
Performed 12 leads electrocardiogram for patients with cardiac disease and arrhythmias
Labelled and handled blood samples in test tubes according to protocols
Fast Pace
Practicum (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2015
It is a very fast pace environment, very friendly and helpful staff, sight supervisor is awesome with a great knowledge of running easily, smoothly efficient way a busy Lab. Time runs fast, you feel you need to be there more. Great Place to work for.
Pros
great place to be there
Cons
need more space for the lab.