LifeLabs

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced professional environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: 2 breaks and a 30 minute lunch during 8 hr shift
Cons: physically demanding
I was responsible for patient identification and specimen collection
Processing of information and specimen prep for shipping.
Co-workers were apporachable and gave direction and answered any and all of my questions.
Hardest part of the job, would be language barrier ( as we need to instruct patients on procedures before specimen collection )
Most enjoyable – more... part of the job was working within a laboratory setting directly with the technologist in preparing and collection samples for testing. – less
Overview of my work at Lifelabs
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), 100 International BlvdNovember 26, 2013
Pros: everyday there is something new to discover
Cons: need longer lunch breaks
Working as a Lifelabs Customer Care Associate is a learning experience each and every single day. Each day, thousands of specimens are collected, tested and reported; and everyday I get to give out information to doctors and medical personnel. These information aid them in providing their patients' proper care. Knowing that I’ve helped somebody; whether – more... a doctor who is treating a patient in his office, a patient asking what they need to know to prepare for a test, or a nurse who needs information on how to handle a specimen gives me a feeling of great accomplishment each day. On top of all these, I get to interact with people who are friendly, helpful and make you feel you belong. After almost four years, I am still taking calls and giving out information and doing my best to make a difference. – less
stressful place,strict adherance to timelines,low morale
Courier Driver (Former Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 20, 2013
Pros: the freedom of working on your own, working in an outdoor environment
Cons: hazardous driving conditions;being expected to work perfectly in all aspects
Load vehicle to prepare for your day
Most co-workers were easy to deal with
Hardest part of the job was having to know several routes at once,and being scheduled for several routes during the week.
Must perform to perfection,any mistakes were considered a "non-compliance event",and were written up.
Enjoyed the clients,and having the feeling of making – more... a difference.
Enjoyed the driving aspect of the job..
Management were more like disciplinarians rather than team members. – less
Nice Place to Work
Team Lead, Systems Administrator (Current Employee), ONNovember 18, 2013
Gets opportunity to work on verity of technology and training to improve on.
Great place to work, unfortunately very little chance of advancement
MLT (Current Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 19, 2013
Very good place to work, with little opportunity for career advancement. Great team environment, relatively good benefits for part-time employees. Excessive shift work, with few day time shifts, make work/Life management difficult.
The people are great!
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: great people, decent benefits.
Cons: evening shift only, too much upper management not knowing healthcare
No chance for work/life balance as there is only one shift, you're family is at work/school whie you are home and you're at work when they're at home.
Not much opportunity to advance because of favouritism.
effecient private lab
Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 25, 2013
Pros: no evening and weekends in my department-this is rare
Cons: very repetitive
-must be very productive as it is a private lab
-management responsive to suggestions
-great co-workers
-good compensation
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Collingwood, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: great team work
Cons: not full time
Fast paced job,
closed weekends
lots of locations
Fun workplace
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: good managers and lunches
Cons: hard working and stressful
Hard part of our job is the volume of patients and stress involved. We so 100 patients by 1100 and work hard. my co workers are fabulous.and love the patients. We do lots of extra work for the company and enjoy our selves at work..
Friendly Enviroment
Materials Handling Specialist (Current Employee), Belleville, ONSeptember 24, 2012
Very enjoyable to work with such happy people. Jobs are assigned accordingly and everyone knows what to be working on.
Company culture is people orientated and strives to provide a good work life balance
Senior Project Manager: contract role. (Current Employee), TorontoSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: na
Cons: hours can be long at project peak times
Team meetings, issue resolution, problem solvign and general project reporting.

Learned a lot about the Healthcare industry,
Staff Friendly. Production Lab/Factory Line work
MLT (Former Employee), IRLAugust 28, 2012
Pros: people were friendly
Cons: expected to work like a dog for little pay. no room for advancement. favouratism
I worked for a few years, and I enjoyed the people and the instruments.

I didn't enjoy not being recognized for making workplace better.

I also applied for different areas of the lab to get more hours of work, and practically begged for more hours, without getting anything.

Pay scale is very low compared to union positions.

And don't take bathroom – more... breaks! You'll get in trouble!! – less

MedicalLabTech – December 9, 2012

"take bathroom breaks! You'll get in trouble"??? is there a reason?

very productive
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2012
i really liked doing my placement there and i wouldnt mind getting hired

SarrahB – February 4, 2013

This isn't helpfull - This person was/is looking for a job. They didn't work there.

Lifelabs is a good place to start a future, but their job security is poor
Mobile laboratory patient technician / Core Lab (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, OntarioJune 29, 2012
Pros: patient care has improved over the years, and their benifit package is good.
Cons: the lack of a union allows management to treat employees poorly, and favouratism is the norm rather than the exception.
My career at Lifelabs was steady and rewarding, but the management is lacking organization and the ability to grow into the future. There are to many "bosses" and they are not in touch with each other, causing mass confusion and a disorderly work place.

Princes – February 6, 2013

This Health Care Facility is a terrible , stressful, place to work at!!!!! Management and Human Resource are bind together. There is to much favoritism, Racism, inappropriate behavior. Making racism comments at other co workers, making sexual comments to employees, blood sample being put in other peoples Lab coats just to be Vindictive. This are serious allegations and but they are true!!! Nothing is being done about this inappropriate actions.

Good (Former Employee), Keele, ONJune 17, 2012
Pros: good management
Cons: lots of patients
Busy everyday
Phlebotomy, Specimen collection, Transport, sorting.Processing, Storage
Good Management
Friendly Co-Workers
Lots of Patients
Friendly Co-Workers
A great place to work
Mobile Lab Technician (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONNovember 9, 2013
Pros: no weekends or holidays is great for my family.
Cons: very early mornings and lack of hours - i used to work over 30 hours and now i only get 20.
I love what I do but the cuts in hours in my department is causing me to seek other employment.

About LifeLabs

LifeLabs provides laboratory testing services, which help physicians and other healthcare providers prevent, diagnose, treat and – Read more