LifeLabs Employee Reviews

excellent place to work
Mobile Laboratory Patient Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 February 2017
learning, place ,continuing education , team managements skill,pleasant behaviors , enjoyable part of the job, any numbers hrs productive, very much cultures job environment, healthy opportunities, no discrimination
Pros
good incentives, flexible hrs
Cons
wonderful management
Would Benefit with a Few Improvements
Medical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canada1 November 2016
The best thing about my job was my Co-workers and my Site Supervisors. They were all so kind and empathetic and were always available to help when you needed help regardless if you've been with the company for a few months to many years.

The most disappointing part of the company was that whenever we had issues or concerns, they heard you but they didn't listen to you. For example, staffing and workload. Even when patients complained, especially in regards to wait times, they were often heard, but never listened to.

Unfortunately, at the end of my many years of service with the company, I felt underappreciated and replaceable.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good Pay
Cons
Heavy Workload, Limited Staffing
convenient locations, good co-workers, reasonable pay
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 December 2016
Greeting patients and entering them in order of arrival, data entering their information and procuring labels for the vacutainers. Collecting blood through venipuncture and processed it in a centrifuge to prepare for testing. Packages the samples in a tote for the courier. Performed ECGs and hooked up Holter Monitors.
Good, understanding manager, overwhelmed with number of labs under her care. The supervisor knows us on a more personal level. Co-workers are great and work hard except for a few slower ones who don't prioritize their work load effectively. The rush can be overwhelming when patients complain and there's 10 things you need to do at once. But you get the satisfaction of putting in a hard day's work and seeing the happy faces of patients.
Pros
Pay, convenient location, good co-workers
Cons
Stress from bring overworked
good
MOBILE LABORATORY PATIENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
Life labs is good for work, benefits and job culture. I learned lot of things from life labs. Life is most enjoyable part of the job.
Great job but employer needs to impove employee/employer relations
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 September 2016
On an average day the lab would see 130 -200 patients a day depending on the location. You learn to work fast and effetely. My co-workers were a great team but the management a work in progress. Hardest part of the job was dealing with sick kids and the best part was seeing them get better.
Pros
Great job great co - workers
Cons
some times the work load is overwhelming
Casual position as Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 July 2016
Salary is competitive and its a good place to work. Lots of opportunities to move within the company.......................
Productive and friendly work environment
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC12 December 2016
Daily duties involve checking the temperatures to avoid compromising specimen, performing proper decontamination of the phlebotomy rooms and ECG rooms.
Packing courier runs to send off to the laboratory for testing.
Performing phlebotomy and ECG's throughout the day.
My co workers are all so supportive and we help each other learn new things every day.
I would have to say that the patients are the hardest part of the job. The method for phlebotomy and ECG's and the technically things will always borderline the same procedure, whereas patients are always different and you can never be sure of how they will react to something.
That being said, I do enjoy working in customer service and love being able to meet new people and develop my skills as conflicts arise.
great coworkers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 November 2016
depending on schedule either on call, or regular shift
great co-workers

need better management/supervisors
need to not be so hard on new employees, there is a learning curve

every lab should have the same protocol, talking patients, entering patients, etc.
Pros
good place to gain experience
Cons
on call not enough hours
I have enjoyed working for LifeLabs. Recently moved and would like to pick up where I left off.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 December 2016
I enjoy meeting the patients. I get along with all co-workers and Management. Knowing that you did a good job and helped out is very rewarding.
Pros
Recognition of a job well done
!
Lease Analyst / Leasing Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga24 October 2016
Work Load is excessive. Lack of management. Too many files to handle at one given point. Not able to prioritize as everything is super urgent. Lack of Training
very small lab, clinic drama
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, BC7 January 2017
previously worked at this location, it is very small and stuffy. staff were friendly at beginning, but then turned two faced and accused me of doing false things. jealousy, staff drama, and lots of behind your back talk as it is a very small town and everyone knows your business.
Pros
good work hours and pay
Cons
working with two faced people, no recognition for job well done, very poor and amature managment
Lifelabs is a competent company.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Newmarket,on canada8 January 2017
Always offering trading and refresher programs to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste,
Directed recruitment/ staff development initiatives to maximize productivity and revenue potencial through development of a sales team.
Successfully increased employee retention by created a positive work environment
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2016
Load up the car or van you may drive that day. Load supplies and empty bags to labs on the routes. Do a log book to put information down for location of pick up or drop off time and how many to be dropped off. My co-workers was good. Management could have been better. Meet and talk to other lab techs.
Exceptional company
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2017
Great company, fast-paced environment, very friendly staff, who were always willing to help.

I have learned to multi-task in everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping and caring for the patients.
Not recommeneded.
Medical Lab Assistant/Clinical Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 July 2016
Hardest part of the job is dealing with patients. Not much career advancement. Not much proper training. Company likes to save on money. Very repetitive work. Work can be dangerous.
great placement
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 February 2017
I had a wonderful time here, everything was so organized and the staff were great! Everyone, staff and patients were treated as individuals and treated as they needed to be tended too.
Cons
long drive
Fun workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 January 2017
This Job was great, very enjoyable to work at. had a great and warming and welcoming staff. great hours and pay. enjoyed working here
Not great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 January 2017
Very stressful environment. Long lineups, always short staffed. Very negative place to work. I don't recommend this employer.
excellent place to work, great support and room to grow and move forward, great staff and managers.
Medical Laboratory Technician+ Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 October 2015
I enjoy working for LifeLabs as its a fun but proffessional place to work. I have worked opening and closing at several locations, opening right on time and being presentable and smiling is very important to me. The management is great as they are always there for me and very supportive.The hardest part of my job is dealing with angry patients who are complaining. But know to diffuse the situation or guide them to higher up athortities and being understanding and empathetic.
Pros
great support, benefits and vacation
Cons
Good workplace, very organized work and a job where it is easy to learn more than you know
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 September 2016
Busy day-to-day work, but not stressful at all.
Friendly coworkers
helpful supervisors and team leaders
easy to understand work and straightforward programs
Pros
two breaks plus one lunch
Cons
no cons