LifeLabs Employee Reviews

very stressful place to work for. always understaffed. never knew what location they will put you at through out the day. when sick,find own coversge
Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2018
Everyone trying to chum up to supervisors because you know you can lose your job in minute. No advancement, and noone cares how long you've been there
Pros
paid holidays, vacation if full time paid
Cons
short staff, managememt is not good, long hours
Busy and productive and awarding place to work.
IT Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  100 International Blvd. Etobicoke3 February 2018
Busy and productive and awarding place to work. Learning new things everyday. Good team and sharing technical ideas and promoting diversity, respect and values to employees
Crazy place - so bad I want out
CTA (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 February 2018
There's a reason why there are so many long serving employees here....many are excellent and really dedicated but they've been here so long they have golden handcuffs

But theres a significant percentage that are there for the money and stable hours (ie they don't want to work rotating shifts at hospitals). They've either lost their way or just didn't have it to start and found their way in because we're always so short staffed.

Management are either anonymous, absent or just incompetent (and as a result don't deal with colleagues who should work elsewhere). That's incredibly frustrating. Instead they are more interested in making themselves look good, pretending to care and loading on more and more work. Directors showing up with cakes and fake tears just don't cut it.... you're incompetent.

My advice: use this as stepping stone to something better.
Pros
Salary; working hours
Cons
Management, workload, insincerity, toxic culture
Bad Place for MLTs
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 January 2018
I started at Lifelabs as an MLT right out of school. The workload is insane and the pay is considerably lower than a hospital. The other staff members were stressed and managment had little concern for what work in the lab was like.

Work in a hospital.
Pros
Regular shifts
Cons
Poor pay, bad environment, stressful
A complete Joke
Medical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 January 2018
Unprofessional, racist, and pointless.
The company does not give references for any employee no matter how long you've worked there.
They are slave drivers that complain if you take a sick day.
Not a good place to work
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 December 2017
This company is a total mess. It has a poor management at all levels that has created a very stressful working environment. Avoid this place at any cost.
rewarding
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 December 2017
rewarding experiences working at lifelabs. lots of learning opportunities and advancement. Good culture, could better in some areas. lifelabs is a good option for a temporary job.
Great company to work with
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 December 2017
Good management
A typical day is overload work sometimes.
Lots to learn in team atmosphere.
Good management
work culture is good
hardest part is some of the team member
Union job
Lab Patient Technician (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 December 2017
Everybody that I met was great to work with. There are a lot of components to the job but if you are a quick learner then it's no problem. There are job aids to help you along but ideally you need to be a strong independent worker.
Great workplace except
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 November 2017
LifeLabs is fantastic. Unfortunately they are unable to meet my employment needs. As a stay at home mom I need flexibility, AND permanence in my position unfortunately after 2.5 years Lifelabs is still not meeting my needs.

Want to know more about LifeLabs?

Ask a question
Lifelabs
Clinical Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 October 2017
Lifelabs is an mediocre organization to work for. The management team is not trained very well and are hard to get a hold of. The hardest part of the job is trying to get time off.
Lifelabs
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
Fun and organized to work at. Helped me familiarized with the duties of technician and assistant. Good environment and people are working together helping each other to get the tasks one on time and accurately.
lifelabs
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 October 2017
a typical day at work is ... on my feel taking blood on various patients ,data entering ,sorting specimens ,packing specimens, doing EGS,holter monitors, answering phones ,ordering supplies, do the banking . talking to doctors ,my job has various cutlers, hardest part of my job is taking a child's blood ,I enjoy my job because I interact with patients and help them when needed its a very rewarding feeling I love working in the health care system and love to be part of a team to do well for people in our community
Not a fun place to work in the last 3 years.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
Ever since LifeLabs bought CML, its been a complete disaster. There are jobs being given to staff without even being posted. People who have less seniority are getting better shift hours. The community feel is gone, and the bigger the organization gets - the more things are falling through the cracks.
Pros
Job security.
Cons
Not advancing, Management never around, procsses being changed constantly to the point where staff cant keep up.
Great people to work with. Very poor management.
Courier (Current Employee) –  ON8 October 2017
Job can be much fun because of the great people I work with.

The place is ALWAYS understaffed, in every department.

Management is the biggest down fall in this company. People get promoted into positions that they have no experience of.
Favoritism is also a big problem throughout the company.
Pros
Benefits, vacation.
Cons
Bad management. Poorly run.
Great place to work!
Manager, Laboratory Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
Great place to work with lots of opportunities to grow. Lifelabs is a leading company in the medical laboratory field with state-of-the-art technology and highest quality standards.
Nice Atmosphere
Data Entry / Office Administration (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 September 2017
Its a pleasure to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere.

Great opportunities to continue learning.

Staff welcomes everyone whether contract or permanent.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Temporary position
nice place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 September 2017
Typical day at work is greeting patients, and data enter patient demographic and requisition information.. Doing phlebotomy, ECG, Sorting and aliquoting specimen, for transport.
Busy location with over 200 clients coming to our location daily
Lab Patient Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2017
Lifelabs is a company where we value the service we provide to our clients on a daily basis. It is a company where staff come from different background and different culture and together we do our best to provide quality service to our clients.
Used to be a nice place before merging
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 July 2017
It's no more organized place specially PSCs bcoz of newly merged company employees who are working on manager & supervisor positions lack training, but reporting to their top bosses that everything is "good".PSCs working on their own,solving the problems & difficult situations without any supervision. Even they don't have time to visit monthly meetings with employees to listen their problems. Their main concern is 'Patient Wait Time' which is changed by dishonest tampering tactics,asked to do it if you want to keep your job safe.Lot of Favoritism involved,no training process for new employees. Some employees doing everything & some are not because of no supervision.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Busy & nonstop workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeLabs. Our community is ready to answer.