Founded in 1993, we develop leading-edge educational resources for life science professionals. We merge science, design, and technology to create engaging, effective, and easy-to-use veterinary websites, client communications, and multimedia educational products and software. We are a creative, passionate and dedicated team that delivers innovative education and communication solutions to the life sciences community. We make our customers our first priority with outstanding service.
LifeLearn is seeking a Meetings & Events Project manager for a one year Maternity Leave contract position. This person will be a key member of the Lifelearn team that coordinates and delivers successful custom meetings and events and manages speaker bureaus for clients. Responsible for all aspects of event delivery, including but not limited to, marketing development, client consultations, budget management & reconciliation, speaker arrangements, speaker travel, preparation of print and support materials, event promotion, contract negotiation with suppliers, participant registration and financial management.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage budgets responsibly & effectively.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong client service and communication skills.
- Self-motivator and ability to work well with both colleagues and clients.
- Knowledge of the meeting industry; contacts with venues and suppliers is an asset.
- Knowledge of veterinary industry businesses and contacts is an asset.
- Ability to travel North American wide (20-30% of time).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College diploma or university degree required. Three to five years of experience in organizing and delivering successful meetings and events of various formats and sizes is a preferable. Previous marketing education or experience and employment in the veterinary/human health industry is an asset. All Candidates must have experience in using Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) and be proficient in Excel to produce meeting budgets and revenue reports. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must. The candidate must have the ability to multi-task while maintaining a strong attention to detail as well as the ability to manage budgets responsibly & effectively. Candidates should be self-motivators and have the ability to work well with both colleagues and clients. Passport is required and must have ability to travel North American destinations (20-30% of time).
This role offers a competitive salary, commission and a benefit plan. Some North American travel required. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectation to: Diana Beliski