Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, exciting, challenging environment of fitness and corporate wellness
Exercise specialist (Former Employee), GarlandJanuary 30, 2014
• Managed personal business budget to generate an average of $6K in sales, while
achieving 10K club status numerous occasions
• Delivered persuasive fitness and health sales consultations to generate approximately
$70K in gross revenue annually
• Prescribed fitness prescriptions to personal clientele to help each reach their personal
goals of reduced – more... body fat (3-6%) and achieve an overall healthier and happier way of life
• Delivered uncompromising and excellent customer service for over 6000 members – less
Good Job If You're a Student
Kids' Activities Team Member (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: family friendly, great staff, free membership, free child care if you have kids
Cons: low pay, not enough hours, no advancement
What I enjoy about my job is that I get to know and bond with the kids and parents who go there everyday. I don't mind working with the staff I have and I don't have any issues with them.

My issue is that I am under paid. Upon being hired, I was told that once a 6 month employee review was issued, it would be determined if you were eligible for a raise. – more... Five years later, I'm still making the same I was when I first started. Tried applying for various positions but to no avail.

I don't mind working on weekends but being a Kids' Activities Team Member, we are required to work Birthday Parties and Parents' Night Out whereas, we didn't before. I've had a few occasions where I had to cancel weekend plans last minute because I was scheduled to work a birthday party or Parents' Night Out with little to no notice. And this kind of notice does not work for me because I am a single parent and finding a sitter for my kids in such short notice doesn't work for me.

I would recommend this job for a high school or possible college student but not for someone who looking for something long term.

I only took this job due to circumstances but I'm currently finding another job that will better support my kids and I. – less
Great
Café Team Member (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: free employe meal
it was exciting to go into work Because the people around are very nice and talkative. I learn a lot of new awesome stuff. The Management is very well taken care of. My Co-Workers were really great at what the did also great teamwork. The Hardest part really nothing but I really enjoyed working out after work.
Great Company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Cinco RanchJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: free membership
Loved the staff I worked with; and I would recommend this company to anyone. They reward hard work, and work with you.
Hit or miss
Member Services (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2014
I've worked at Life Time Fitness 3 separate summers and with each I've liked it less. Poor child center and member activities management along with unenthusiastic summer camp programs.
Fun place to work and has everything you need for a great workout!
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: hard to find coverage
Everyday at Lifetime, you meet new people and learn new things. Just watching people come through the door in their workout outfits,having high energy levels and smiles,makes you realize that there is positive energy all around you! Managers at Lifetime are very helpful. Every week our managers holds meetings to talk to the employees about what Lifetime – more... can improve or just to ask us how our week was and if we have any questions. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting so many new people, being able to work with energetic, outgoing co-workers, and always knowing what the next best thing is for my health. The hardest part of my job would be making sure all of our customers are happy when they leave because sometimes their complaints aren't something front desk deals with, so many people get angry that we cant help them and that they must call management. – less
Fast paced and results based culture
Assisstant Department Head (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: save lives
Cons: people do not want help even when they desparately need it
It is a great environment to work because you get to change lives positively each day. We make a difference in the world by saving lives. We have the ability to challenge the fitness industry standards with the advancements in technology that nobody has. We are a competitive and driven people who come to work each day accepting the challenge of changing – more... people's lives forever. – less
productive and fun work place with workouts daily
Senior Member Engagement Advisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: 1 hr to work out everyday, healthy living
Cons: not a very good insurance, not life, work balance
In a typical day I would check my email, confirm appointments, call prospects, assist with team development, attend to our regular meetings, tour and close guest as they come from appointments and/or walk-in's. Maintain and develop relationships with existing members by following up with and assisting with any concerns.

At Life Time Inc I learn how – more... to build value, develop and maintain relationships, how to manage time, and how to properly close a sale.

Management - Always ready to help and assist with any concerns.

Co-workers. A fun group of individuals that enjoyed working with each other.

The best part of my job is working with people and helping them with their needs. – less
Fun place to work
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Colleyville, TXJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: same routine everyday
A typical day at work went from either 8-12 or 12-6 depending on your schedule. I learned how to manage kids and manage activities the camp offered. Management was very helpful in understanding what our goal was each day. The hardest part of the job was making sure the kids were doing what they were suppose to be doing and the most enjoyable part of – more... the job was getting to do all the activities with the kids. – less
active workplace
League Coordinator/facility ops (Current Employee), shelby,miJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free membership, interacting with members
Cons: short breaks, rude people, can be messy
make sure building is running smoothly on a day to day basis
i have learned to maintain a facility and get answers to every question asked of me by a member
management gives us a task and we are expected to fulfill that task
my co-workers are very nice, we stay out of each others way
hardest part of the job is when people leave the gym in a mess
most – more... enjoyable part of the job is interacting with members on a daily basis – less
Great place to grow and learn
Personal Trainer/Corrective Excerise Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Results based culture. Everyday there is an employee ready to serve and help their members
Productive and respected department in Lifetime Fitness
Locker Room Attendant (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: feels very fulfilling by the end of shift.
Cons: very physically taxing for the whole shift.
I typical day at work was making sure that the fitness club operates smoothly and that every customer and member was having a pleasant experience. My effort toward their pleasant experience consisted of making sure that the locker room was tidy and that there was always plenty of supplies as well as clean linens. I made it a point to greet every member – more... with a smile and to help them with anything they needed. – less
Great place to start your career in personal training
Group Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILJanuary 15, 2014
Great facility. Staff is large and the experience you get is amazing. Staff helps train you to sell.
It Can be a good part time job
Facility Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), St Louis ParkJanuary 14, 2014
Its not a good full time job for advancement unless you know the right people
Great Place
Kids Activities Team Member (Former Employee), Centennial, COJanuary 13, 2014
Great place with great people, a lot of fun. Great entry level job with decent benefits (free gym membership). If you love kids this is a great job. Fellow workers can be a little uptight, but so can anyone being around kids all the time.
Great Place
Kids Activities Team Member (Former Employee), Centennial, COJanuary 13, 2014
child care
Child Care (Former Employee), Garland, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: making the kids happy
Cons: staff gossip not cool
Watch the children while there parents go work out. Play basketball, go outside also color time and computer time.
Horrible work environment
Facility Operations Manager (Current Employee), Parker, COJanuary 11, 2014
Managers could care less about employees. The environment to work in is horrible.
GREAT Fitness Center
Operations Department Head (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: pay was not that great unless you are a manager.
This company is good to work for. You can work their and work out for free at a 24 hour fitness gym. It has 101 gyms and locations are all over the USA.
Laid back, close community
Salon Coordinator (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: no breaks, do not give raises, pay is low
Lifetime is extremely flexible when it comes to students. They will adjust your schedule to make sure you succeed in school.