Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lots of room to advance if you are willing to dedicate all of your time to them
Group Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Beachwood, OhioNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great education
Cons: never-ending work days
The work days are very long day after day if you have a goal to become a member of management/leadership. There are plenty of opportunities for you to grow and lots of education provided to make you the best at what you do.
fun
Member Services Supervisor (Current Employee), palm valley, arizonaOctober 30, 2013
Pros: free membership
Cons: healthcare is to expensive, they dont pay their employees enough
its a nice a fun place to work, however management there is terrible, the company doesnt seem to care about their employees
Good company culture within the department.
VICE PRESIDENT OF CONSTRUCTION (Former Employee), ChanhassenOctober 30, 2013
Good company culture within the department. High performing team.
DO NOT WORK HERE
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Raleigh, North CarolinaOctober 28, 2013
Pros: helping people meet their goals
Cons: horrible pay, draw structure, a lot of free hours building your clientele.
I cannot speak on other departments but the personal training department is an absolute joke. You are placed on a trailing average every month and if that quota is not met your are then placed on "draw." Once you are placed on draw, you must pay back the money they lend you. Horrible structure. Sales. Sales.Sales. Sales first--fitness a distant second.
Nice place for members not so much for employees
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee), Humble, TXOctober 28, 2013
Lots of cleaning and daily tasks. The actual job itself is not hard at all, management makes it more difficult then it needs to be. Unrealistic expectations and promises not fulfilled. Co-workers are what what the job tolerable. No holiday pay or bonuses and you can only use PTO if you ask 2 weeks in advance and get approved.
fun environment
Child Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Skokie, ILOctober 21, 2013
good place to work. Gained a lot of experience in customer service and satisfaction. Learned a lot about managing both staff and time.
Fun fitness environment
Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 11, 2013
Long hours with average management.
Fun environment and co workers
Fun and fast paced work environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Skokie, ILOctober 9, 2013
Pros: great staff and environment.
Cons: low pay.
Managing the child center.
Making sure the staff is following daily scheduled activities. Working with staff the make sure that the best possible care was provided for the children at all times.
I handled any staff or customer issues. I also managed payroll for the staff.
I enjoyed getting to know the families in my year with the company.
Healthy place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee), Champlin, MNOctober 9, 2013
Pros: great amenities, large facilities
Cons: busy
Nice and clean facilities, higher income clientelle, great variety of fitness class schedule
FREE GYM MEMBERSHIP
Operations Team Member (Current Employee), Centennial, COOctober 7, 2013
love working here, great environment, great staff!
clean locker rooms and bathrooms
free membership
discount on spa, cafe, and lifetime products!
Lots of great experience, lots of work
Member Engagement Advisor (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 6, 2013
Very stressful being at 100% commission, will work lots of hours and lots of focus on hitting quotas. You will have lots of support from above average management.
Great
Lifeguard, Swim Instructor (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJOctober 5, 2013
Wonderful place to work. However, you should enjoy gym culture. And healthy food.
Productive and fun work environment
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Algonquin, ILOctober 3, 2013
Lifetime Fitness has taught me a lot about safety and saving lives. The people who worked there were fun and very nice.
Challenging and yet rewarding
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Troy, MIOctober 1, 2013
Pros: great coworkers felt like family
Cons: could not set your own hours
I learned so much from this job as my first job out of college. It was a rewarding experience.
see below
General Manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta GaSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: atmosphere, people, culture, purpose
Cons: work and life balance as a gm
Loved working for LTF. I had the unique opportunity to open the 1st clubs in the Atlanta area. Continued to work for five more years before resigning to open up a non-traditional school.
Fun but stressful and work/life balance is below par
Membership Advisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2013
Best part of the job is meeting new people and building relationships with them and your coworkers BUT a healthy way of life is their motto and between stress and your hours worked to get everything completed a HWOL goes out the window. Also, you are %100 commission but are treated like an hourly employee. Overall valuable training and experience though. – more... Being a member, not an employee is the way to go! – less
Good place to work, fast-paced and ever-changing.
Facility Operations (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 24, 2013
The job has its perks but the compensation doesn't balance out with the pay.
Productive workplace with motivated members.
Night time Operations (Current Employee), Highland Park, MNSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: fitness club, helping people
I work the night shift and we put away weights, clean the floors, clean the bathrooms and make sure the club is up to standards so member are happy. I lean working over nights that I had to change my sleep habits so I am able to perform at the highest level while at work. As a worker I make sure that I stay on top of my work so management is happy and – more... they know the members will be happy. We are there to get jobs done and take care of different task throughout the night and all of the co-workers are on the same page so we can have the club up and running the way the members like it. The hardest part of the job can be working the night time shift, my body is not naturally used to that so I make sure I drink a lot of coffee. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a member see's how hard you work in order to give them a great experience and they come up to you and say you are doing a great job, that makes all the hard work worth it. – less
positive productive place to work
Kids Activities Instructor (Current Employee), Warrenville, ILSeptember 20, 2013
I Love Working there with all the energetic kids. The Co-workers are amazing. I learned at a young age patience and how to deal with a lot of different kids.
Very fun and productive scene
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: great workspace
Cons: family benefits
A typical day at work was always interesting. Many new faces to meet and greet on a daily basis so it was not hard to find clientele.
I learned how to work in a team of personal trainers. We all had our own styles of training but they all followed company policy.

Life Time Fitness Photos