Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
loved job
Master Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: getting pleasure from getting people healthy
Cons: commission only
helping people get healthy loved it
working at gym enjoyable
hardest part of job working for commission
Excellent facility with great service
FACILITIES OPERATIONS TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZMarch 2, 2014
Pros: free membership to high quality facility
Cons: continuously cleaning up after people
• Performed maintenance tasks of facility
• Performed daily cleaning, vacuuming, polishing, and trash removal
• Greeted and assisted members in a positive manner
Its a pay check and your experience really depends on your dept heads
Lifeguard Supervisor & Swim Instructor (Current Employee), SomeplaceFebruary 28, 2014
Worst part of the day is getting sick so frequently. Sicker in the last 6 months than the rest of my life. Pay is okay but not very good. Best part is some of the nice members (which helps to counteract the nasty mean members).
Do not work here
Master Personal Trainer (Current Employee), MinnesotaFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: too many to list
Life Time Fitness is absolutely the worst employer I have ever had.
Somehow this company is getting away with running a pyramid scheme to compensate their employees which are mostly commission based.
The department heads are young and immature with absolutely no leadership or management skills.
Life Time wants you to have a work life balance. They want – more... you to spend your entire lifetime at work and have no life outside of work.

Basically working for Life Time is like working in the worlds oldest profession. – less
Good Company, Good Work Environment
Membership Advisor (Sales) (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: fitness focused job, highly motivating, inspiring, feel good job
Cons: sales and pt jobs needs revamping. premium clubs should be compensating for premium service.
Company and culture were great but compensation was nothing to live off of.
nice place to workout but not to work for..
Facility Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of current and retired professinal athletes.
Cons: short breaks rude members bad management..
A TYPICAL DAY CONSIST OF PLANNING TEAM MEMBERS BREAKS AND LUNCHES, DELEGATING TEAM MEMBERS TO DO VARIOUS PROJECTS SUCH AS CLEANING LOCKERROOMS,BATHROOMS,DUSTING,BUFFING FLOORS,OUTSIDE TRASH AND INSURING MEMBERS HAD CLEAN TOWELS IN LOCKEROOMS..
Very involved, Creative enviornment
Kids Activities Team Member (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: never sitting still
Cons: dealing with bad kids
A typical day at Lifetime Fitness consisted of watching several children throughout the day while their parents worked out or took other fitness classes. I learned the importance of teamwork and cooperation with both management and other fellow team mates to care for the children's needs under our responsibility. The hardest part of the job is multitasking – more... between kids crying, misbehaving, not listening, wanting attention, attending to parents coming in to drop off and picking up etc. – less
The healthy way of life
Facility Operations Supervisor part time (Current Employee), Commerce, MIFebruary 10, 2014
Communicate with previous supervisor to talk about how their shift went and any important information that I should know about. Make my first walk through to see what kind of work that needs to be done. Depending on how the walk through goes I will formulate a plan as I rotate laundry in the front and back rooms. I may have to fold towels, clean bathrooms, – more... clean up the weight floor, or assist the locker room attendants. All is played by ear. – less
Positively influencing someones life while doing what I like to do.
Assistant Personal Training Dept. Head (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: a place to workout, meeting different people, changing lives for the better, creating healthy lifestyles for our members
Cons: commission based job, hours, lack of succession planning
Handling customer service request, while servicing clientele. We have a very diverse group of employees with many different skills and personalities. One of the hardest parts of my job is creating time to meet with staff and other personnel. On the other hand one of the most enjoyable aspects of my job is knowing that I am changing someone's life for – more... the better. – less
Great place to work if you have lots of energy
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZFebruary 3, 2014
Cons: long hours
A great place to start your career and gain insight into the world of fitness. This job is not for everyone. The sales team puts in extremely long hours; including weekends, nights, and holidays. Must have outgoing personality and lots of energy to make it in this role.
Productive for Enhancing Culinary Skills
Café Attendant/Hostess (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJFebruary 3, 2014
• Responsible for all Cashier/Hostess duties & procedures
• Provided excellent Customer Service
• Prepare/Prep many assorted foods, side dishes, sauces, & dressings
• Performed preparations for smoothies & shakes
• Insure clean work area at morning, mid, & night shifts
• Line Chef for breakfast, lunch & dinner shifts
• After preparing & cooking dishes, – more... was Food-Runner to designated tables – less
Facility Engineer
Facility Engineer - Full Time (Current Employee), TexasFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, great people to work around, good enviroment
Cons: not a clear line of advancement, pay tops out at $60k
Love this company but pay is lower than other facility engineering jobs. Flexible schedules, healthy enviroment, motivated people, not much advancement room though. Be ready to do anything from picking up towels to repairing a AC system.If you are looking for a stable job and can keep up with the work a great place to be. not a place for lazieness.
Loved the members and facility!
Front Desk Team Member/Spa Coordinator (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHJanuary 30, 2014
I loved the facility! Anyone who enjoys fitness would love this gym! Management was poor, didn't seem to concerned about employees, not much room for advancement and poor pay.
Fun, exciting, challenging environment of fitness and corporate wellness
Exercise specialist (Former Employee), GarlandJanuary 30, 2014
• Managed personal business budget to generate an average of $6K in sales, while
achieving 10K club status numerous occasions
• Delivered persuasive fitness and health sales consultations to generate approximately
$70K in gross revenue annually
• Prescribed fitness prescriptions to personal clientele to help each reach their personal
goals of reduced – more... body fat (3-6%) and achieve an overall healthier and happier way of life
• Delivered uncompromising and excellent customer service for over 6000 members – less
Good Job If You're a Student
Kids' Activities Team Member (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: family friendly, great staff, free membership, free child care if you have kids
Cons: low pay, not enough hours, no advancement
What I enjoy about my job is that I get to know and bond with the kids and parents who go there everyday. I don't mind working with the staff I have and I don't have any issues with them.

My issue is that I am under paid. Upon being hired, I was told that once a 6 month employee review was issued, it would be determined if you were eligible for a raise. – more... Five years later, I'm still making the same I was when I first started. Tried applying for various positions but to no avail.

I don't mind working on weekends but being a Kids' Activities Team Member, we are required to work Birthday Parties and Parents' Night Out whereas, we didn't before. I've had a few occasions where I had to cancel weekend plans last minute because I was scheduled to work a birthday party or Parents' Night Out with little to no notice. And this kind of notice does not work for me because I am a single parent and finding a sitter for my kids in such short notice doesn't work for me.

I would recommend this job for a high school or possible college student but not for someone who looking for something long term.

I only took this job due to circumstances but I'm currently finding another job that will better support my kids and I. – less
Great
Café Team Member (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: free employe meal
it was exciting to go into work Because the people around are very nice and talkative. I learn a lot of new awesome stuff. The Management is very well taken care of. My Co-Workers were really great at what the did also great teamwork. The Hardest part really nothing but I really enjoyed working out after work.
Great Company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Cinco RanchJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: free membership
Loved the staff I worked with; and I would recommend this company to anyone. They reward hard work, and work with you.
Hit or miss
Member Services (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2014
I've worked at Life Time Fitness 3 separate summers and with each I've liked it less. Poor child center and member activities management along with unenthusiastic summer camp programs.
Fun place to work and has everything you need for a great workout!
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: hard to find coverage
Everyday at Lifetime, you meet new people and learn new things. Just watching people come through the door in their workout outfits,having high energy levels and smiles,makes you realize that there is positive energy all around you! Managers at Lifetime are very helpful. Every week our managers holds meetings to talk to the employees about what Lifetime – more... can improve or just to ask us how our week was and if we have any questions. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting so many new people, being able to work with energetic, outgoing co-workers, and always knowing what the next best thing is for my health. The hardest part of my job would be making sure all of our customers are happy when they leave because sometimes their complaints aren't something front desk deals with, so many people get angry that we cant help them and that they must call management. – less
Fast paced and results based culture
Assisstant Department Head (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: save lives
Cons: people do not want help even when they desparately need it
It is a great environment to work because you get to change lives positively each day. We make a difference in the world by saving lives. We have the ability to challenge the fitness industry standards with the advancements in technology that nobody has. We are a competitive and driven people who come to work each day accepting the challenge of changing – more... people's lives forever. – less

Life Time Fitness Photos