Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to be
Fitness Manager, fitness trainer (Former Employee), North Battleford SaskOctober 31, 2012
Pros: meeting great people, flexible hours
Cons: non
New owners took over as I was about to move to BC. Great place to work, awesome clients and owners gave me the freedom I needed to help them become successful.
More than keeping the lights on...
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: distance from my home
Each day is similar yet unique at the same time. Ultimately it is about keeping everyone on the front lines of the customer experience up and working normally to allow them to assist our clients with the best possible service they can using the tools that we provide and support.
Great place to work!
Aquatics Instructor (Current Employee), Canton, MIAugust 19, 2014
Cons: not able to get enough work hours at the times needed
Great place to work. I love teaching people to swim and feel I have made a difference in many peoples lives around the water!
Value Subtracted Company .... not value added.
Facility Operations (Former Employee), Four different Clubs in MNAugust 12, 2014
Pros: better than nothing.
Cons: too many to truly put here.
The company promotes on the 'buddy' system rather than merit or even seniority. They pay poorly and treat staff even worse. Staff are merely a number at Life Time Fitness with no particular value or even as human beings. They talk a good game but deliver almost none of their hype. They are total bottom line and truly care very little about the clientele – more... or the staff. It is about management earning their bonus and not about customer satisfaction. They cut corners and are far from "going green" as they claim. Don't waste your time with this company. – less
lifetime fitness
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Austin, TxAugust 11, 2014
Pros: help people reach fitness goals
Cons: very high stress job
o Develop safe, professional and exciting training programs to assist individuals in achieving desired weight
o Instruct and monitor clients during workout session to ensure safety and performance of exercise correctly
o Educate members on how to stay healthy and fit throughout life
o Conduct fitness consultations for new clients to assess and recommend – more... personal training programs
o Craft retention plans to maintain steady level of revenue
o Selected as Personal Trainer of the Month several times during tenure – less
High Turnover, Corporate Failure, Poor Leadership
Department Head-Spa Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TexasAugust 6, 2014
Pros: free fitness membership that you never have time to use because you have to put in so many hours!
Cons: everything mentioned in my review.
I was the hardest working employee, and so "bought-in" until I realized this company is just using me, like they are using everyone. Training was promised and not delivered. I had to deal with the worst team in the company who are full of liars, thieves (who still remain employed after management knows), negative employees... My GM was backstabbing – more... and unprofessional. He would always comment on female employees body parts and give me uncomfortable hugs.. Told me I was doing a wonderful job, so in the end I never thought he would be out to screw me. I was used in the end to train my ne supervisor along with all my other duties, at half the pay! How awkward?
I found a new job, gave my notice, then my boss tried to screw me out of my PTO by opting for involuntarily terminating me! However, my notice was given so I contacted HR (HR sided with me because I was right) and they are paying me that time plus two weeks anyway. I wonder how people sleep at night!!! Base pay is 40k a year but the workload requires you work 60-80 hours a week!!!! Which means you make minimum wage pretty much!! If you have a life outside of work this would not be a good fit! Unrealistic goals based on prior year numbers before Corporate implemented some wild ideas that forced reduced client retention numbers. – less
Fun, Relaxed and very chill envirnment
Member Services/ Front Desk (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 5, 2014
A Typical day at work starts with cleaning and helping Ops. with Bathroom Checks and towels.
Checking in Members and their guests.
Setting up MEA's to meet new Guests that would like to try and future wise join the gym.
Enter in Sales Force New Guests Information.
Answer Phones
A lot of Multitasking
A great place to hone you HR skills
Member Services (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNJuly 31, 2014
Work involves making sure that the members of the health club are in a clean a safe environment. You are also to provide the needed member services that would be required of you including payment, customer information updates and request forms.
Those who work with you are willing to help you and are eager to work well with you.
This is a great place – more... to learn and understand the human interactions and human resource skills if you are looking for a job in that field. – less
Okay job with good co-workers
Supervisor (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNJuly 28, 2014
This job was good, but not my favorite. Very stressful environment, but good co-workers.
Fun and Positive atmosphere to work.
Cook & Server (Former Employee), Collierville, TNJuly 26, 2014
A typical day at work would be setting up the kitchen area for customers, taking orders, cooking, and serving the customers. I learned how to interact with customers and maintain positive attitude. Management was great. They offered help whenever business got busy. My co-workers were very helping and a family like atmosphere.
Very High Paced with no room to advance or pay
Overnight Facility Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free membership, members, team unity
Cons: no advancement, pay
Working in the fitness industry has required to be fast paced while maintain high level of excellence. It is great experience to meet the people of different walks of life as well as the responsibilities of helping others grow within.
It was a job
Operations (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: long breaks
The day went on forever
People have no respect for operations workers
Management liked to give out orders without doing anything themselves
Great co-workers, very nice
Hardest part was dealing with the members that think they are the center of the universe (a lot more than you would expect)
Most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out
KPI driven company
General Manager (Current Employee), Colleyville, TXJuly 23, 2014
Huge focus on financials and hitting KPIs. Performance driven company
Great people to work with
Corporate Member Relations Representative (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNJuly 23, 2014
We provide customer support to members and team members. The environment created by colleagues is fun and energetic.
It's Entertaining and Educational place
Spanish Instructor (Current Employee), Deerfield Twp. 8310 Wilkens Blvd. Mason Ohio 45040July 23, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: not many hours to work
I work 1 to 2 hours every day and really I enjoy teach and be and contact with the Kids and another co-workers every one is very Friendly.
Great job
Kids' Activities Team Member (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJuly 22, 2014
Pros: children, fun
A typical day at work would be to clock in, find your station and you rotate every hour. Your worked in the kids center so you got to see all ages of children and got to do all kids of activities. It wasn't like a child care center at all. Learned different kids behaviors. Management was great. Co-workers were friendly. Hardest part of the job was keeping – more... up with like 20+ kids in your station and making sure that you see all accidents (if any). Most enjoyable part was the children. – less
decent job experience
Team Member Services/ Front Desk (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 20, 2014
A typical job here at work, is easy going and not really productive. What i learned from this job was to be prompt and organized and to provide the best customer service skills with a positive attitude. As well as building relationships with each customer.
The management was not what i expected, there were some pros and cons in this area. There were – more... some favoritism in some areas.
The hardest part of the job is if you are such a hardworker it shows, yet there were moments where if this was seen, you would get the worse hours because it was hard to let others down, if you are a reliable person that you hold.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the free membership, after a long day of being on your feet is you get to relax in the beautiful facility. – less
Wonderful Corporate Environment!
HR (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free membership and discounts in the club on spa and cafe
I work at the corporate office and in Chanhassen and I love it! The culture is wonderful and everyone is friendly.
Conducive work place where efforts impact lifes positively.
Member Engagement Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Laguna Niguel, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: membership
Cons: minimum work life balance
Highly enjoy engaging with people and building business and personal relationships. Contributing to a very positive and fun work environment consistenly. Attribute team accomplishments or work successfully individually. Sometimes work is challenging to not desire positive life changes for prospective customers more than they want it for themselves. – more... Passionate about helping others change their lives for the better everyday is the most rewarding. – less
Productive and fun place to work with great benefits.
Cashier/Server/Team Member (Former Employee), Katy, TXJuly 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
A typical day at work was not very stressful at all, I had to fulfill customer orders in a timely fashion, keep my station cleaned at all, and keep customer happy.

1 2 3 4 5