Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to be
Fitness Manager, fitness trainer (Former Employee), North Battleford SaskOctober 31, 2012
Pros: meeting great people, flexible hours
Cons: non
New owners took over as I was about to move to BC. Great place to work, awesome clients and owners gave me the freedom I needed to help them become successful.
I had a lot of fun working for Life Time Fitness
Senior Camp Counselor/ Birthday Party Attendant (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJanuary 27, 2015
I was with Life Time while still in undergraduate school and competing as a varsity athlete. I enjoyed the flexibility with my school and athletic schedule. I enjoyed working with kids at Life Time and the activities we offered for the children to participate in. I felt respected and appreciated for the work I did. I was in great company with my peers and management and I loved the facility I was able to work in.
Loved!!!
Sales/Management (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: pay, company, changing people's lives
Cons: work/life balance
Fun, challenging, sales position that changed peoples lives!
Pretty on the outside, crummy pay system and terrible IT systems
Registered Dietitian (Former Employee), Houston TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: nice place
Cons: backwards management culture, sales
Poor on-boarding process and compensation plan for new RD's starting out, they will not tell you that you have to do between 15-20 hours of unpaid administration time and free appointments per week (starting out almost everything you do is free!). The leadership above you is also commissioned so they are your competition which is a big conflict of interest. You will find yourself straying away from your true recommendations to help people in order to sell them more things so you can make money. Every meeting is about sales and sales numbers. They make you feel important (automatically part of leadership) but they do not pay you for it at all...They will tell you that the income potential is unlimited but then you will be making $10/hr starting out. The income potential is limited because of all the free (unpaid) activities they expect of you. They will also want you to pull people off the floor as clients. They want you to sign everyone up for automatic monthly appointments because this is how you make them the most money and a way to "pad your paycheck". Your income and schedule is dependent on your clients, and you are solely responsible for being your own scheduler, booking your days full back-to-back for an "highly effective schedule". You also have to clean equipment daily.

They have done a great job at streamlining functional medicine supplements and lab testing for RD's to take advantage of.

The RD position needs to be salaried plus commission. We paid a lot of money for our education and credentials, we cant start out with a similar compensation package to the personal trainers (who see clients more often then we do, and have more opportunity for groups which makes more money.
Upbeat fast paced environment
Life Café Team Member (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free membership for my family
Cons: didn't advance like they said was possible
I got to meet a lot of different people from all walks of life and hear their success/comeback stories. It was incredible.
Fun work environment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Warrenville, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: inconsistent pay, mandatory meetings that we did not get paid to attend.
Typical day: Trained an average of 4-8 clients per day. In my down time I was responsible for cleaning a specific section of the gym and or administrative work. I loved all my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is the inconsistency of pay because we only get paid per client. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing people change their lifestyles and become healthier, happier people.
great enviorment
camp counselor (Former Employee), Commerce, MIJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: being around my kids and so many positive personalities
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work for me at lifetime I would say was very active an very trying . I learned parts of different languages, I also learned how to interact with all different types of children anywhere from personalities to different races and ages, as far as management my head manager was very involved I could go and talk to her about any problems or if I had any questions. MY co-workers were great all had different techniques and different ideas it was wonderful experience. The hardest part about the job was getting some of the boys to cooperate and listen. The most enjoyable part was being in such a great environment and meeting so many new people and being around my kids.
i enjoyed my time with lifetime
Assistant Department Head, Personal Training (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits and bonuses
Cons: 65 hour work week
i learned how to manage 40 trainers and 2 million dollar dept. my experience was invaluable. it was as good as a degree. i left because of my daughter.
Bad benefits, poor salary, limited and unchanging incentives
Department Head (Current Employee), MinnesotaJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free gym membership, great place to workout if you can make the time, discounts on stuff in the club (but its over priced)
Cons: benefits, worklife balance, long hours, no holiday pay, time and a half if they can help it
Benefits leave a lot to be desired. You work 50-60 hours a week and accrue time off, don't think about taking time off the first part of the year. Everything is focused on member experience little is done for employee satisfaction. There is no sick leave offered, no personal days or floating holidays. Facility is open 24-7 and open on holidays without time and a half benefits for any employees. If you are an hourly employee you must work a minimum of 36 hours to keep benefits. if you drop below that they cancel you benefits and send you a letter in the mail. You only can only get up to 40 hours of pto your first year, again no personal days sick days or floating holidays.
Great place if your a member but expected to work long hours, have little free time, be treated poorly by members and not have corporate get your back even if people are verbally abusive.
Little opportunity for job advancement unless you want to move out of state.
Fun workplace can be hectic
Kids Activities Team Member (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Work day was scheduled in rotations so time was spent with younger children in play room, front desk, infant room, and older children. At the end of day each team member was assigned duties to help clean up.
Poor management (department head and general manager)
LifeSpa-Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits free membership
Cons: terrible management unrealistic goals hostile work environment
Terrible company to work for. Managers are not held to the Lifetime standards. Department head manager was allowed to lie and cheat to meet department monthly goals.
Great company and a leader in the health industry.
Member Engagement Advisor (Former Employee), Algonquin, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Lifetime is a great company with unlimited opportunity for advancement, starting pay is excellent, work environment is excellent, the team is excellent. Everything about the company ios excellent and the knowledge you learn in great.
Productive environment with high expectations
Overnight Facilities Operations Team Member (Current Employee), Woodstock, GAJanuary 7, 2015
During a typical day on the job, we begin folding towels and cleaning essential or high traffic areas of the facility. I have learned how to communicate better with my co-workers. However, management can be unreasonable at times. The most difficult part of the job is cleaning the strength floor of the facility, there is a great deal of heavy lifting involved. my most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with costumer service aspects. I enjoy helping people and making their experience exceptional.
Positive energy and very beneficial in many ways.
Life Café Supervisor (Current Employee), Katy, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free gym membership, 25% discount on services and items throughout the club, 50% discount in the cafe, access to healthy food and beverages, great environment, make a lot of connections with members and team members
Cons: promise raises and don't always follow through
I'm the opener, so I get there at 5AM Monday-Friday and at 8AM on Sundays. As the opener, there are several tasks I must complete every day before a certain time. I always try to keep myself busy, especially during times when business is slow. I have established relationships with many of the members and most of the team members. I'm very friendly and upbeat and I always make sure the members are taken care of and that everything we serve to them is top notch. I have learned a lot about health and fitness, supplements, how to multitask and manage my time efficiently, and how to handle myself in problematic situations. I'm fortunate enough to work with people whom I have become very close to and we all get along very well. However, that sometimes makes it hard to manage them because they don't always put work before friendship. I love all of the bonds I have made with everyone and I love the positive environment that makes going to work enjoyable.
Great people! Free membership!!
Member Services Team Member (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: free membership. discounts at cafe.
Cons: part time
As a front desk clerk I meet and greet members and check them in. Coworkers are great you work closely with the member engagement advisers and they are super friendly. You get to know people as they come in you talk to them as you check them in.
OK place to work as starters
LifeCafe Team Member (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: sucky pay and hours
not too good of an experience, very unorganized, people were kinda rude and long shifts, minimum wage.
Fun place to work
Member Services Department Head (Former Employee), Carrolton, TXJanuary 2, 2015
I took every phone call that came into the club and solved the members problem. I would make budgets and spread sheets for the whole clubs meeting that day while, taking payments and running my department. Co-workers were great but the hours sucked. I enjoyed being able to have face to face interaction with the members.
Best summer job I could have gotten
Swim Instructor (Current Employee), Syosset, NYDecember 29, 2014
Low- stress, opportunity to personally get to know members, good level of independence
good place for work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Woodstock, GADecember 21, 2014
great company in general, We have continue education.
culture is good and motivating team, we have good strategy to reach established goals, taking education continuously
every day you get to the workplace to care for assigned customers are given the service, have meetings every week to take issues of goals and teamwork, also has weekly meetings to continue studying and updating relevant information
Great culture of healthy living
Life Café Team Member (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHDecember 12, 2014
Pros: free membership as a job benefit
Clean working environment with an overall friendly staff. Very educational job that has a positive influence on one's life. Very enjoyable learning the members and getting in shape.

1 2 3 4 5