Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to be
Fitness Manager, fitness trainer (Former Employee), North Battleford SaskOctober 31, 2012
Pros: meeting great people, flexible hours
Cons: non
New owners took over as I was about to move to BC. Great place to work, awesome clients and owners gave me the freedom I needed to help them become successful.
Great culture of healthy living
Life CafĂ© Team Member (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHDecember 12, 2014
Pros: free membership as a job benefit
Clean working environment with an overall friendly staff. Very educational job that has a positive influence on one's life. Very enjoyable learning the members and getting in shape.
Professional Experience
Customer Service Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Novi, MIDecember 10, 2014
Had a lot of fun working here. Flexible job, great perks. Working with every day customers was the best part of this job
A good company to learn corporate hierarchy.
MEMBER ENGAGEMENT ADVISOR (Current Employee), TexasDecember 6, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: poor compensation
The Sales Department is comparable to any other Sales Department.
Top Quality
Member Services Assistant Department Head (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 1, 2014
Pros: discounts, the fitness/help, friends, pay is good, lots of promotion, free or discounted fitness training
Cons: hours, hard work, scandalous managers, expectations are too high
Very high expectations but you are trained somewhat well enough to know how to reach those expectations but rarely are the expectations met fully.
management is very laid back but have known many managers to be "scandalous"
make lots of new life long friends
they don't drug test!
most enjoyable part of working was being able to work along side your – more... best of friends
very nice and good people
the members are sometimes very rude but mostly are very friendly and appreciate your work – less
Fun workplace with good benefits
Child Center Team Member (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTNovember 25, 2014
Pros: free gym membership, awesome supervisors
Cons: so many kids!
I really enjoyed my time at Lifetime Fitness. They had a good system set up so that each employee was doing fair amount of work. We would rotate which area we were in every hour. When I work there, they were transitioning management and a new person was coming in so that was a little bit of a mess, but the supervisors were awesome. The hardest part – more... of the job were being with kids for such a long time. This was especially hard on Saturday mornings when there were so many kids there. The most enjoyable part was when I got to connect one-on-one with a child and just hang out with them. I gained some friendships with a few of the kids and it was always fun to see them come in. The benefits they offer with this job are really good. You get a free membership for the gym and that is super nice. Also on weekends the child center closes early so even if you worked weekends, you still got to go out and have a good night afterwards. – less
Performed mostly operational janitorial duties at health club, started part-time during day, worked my way up and advanced
Night facilities manager (Former Employee), Skokie, ILNovember 24, 2014
typically I made sure that the assigned area(s) were spotless as possible, kept track with the hourly and daily cleaning tasks performed. As I rose the ranks, I eventually took responsibility for entire shift as a supervisor, kept track of daily and weekly cleaning and maintaining facility operations.

As I eventually made my way to a senior supervisory – more... status (night manager) I assumed responsibility of the entire club, performing deep cleaning of key facility areas as well as instructing and coaching my team in continuous facility maintenance. – less
Awesome Work Environment
Sports Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 20, 2014
Sales and Marketing are something you learn immediately. As a Therapist you gotta get to know your members. This place provides this because all the members are right upstairs in the gym facility. The Spa is located below so you just market a bit Let them know how you can benefit them and you have clientel.
Great Place to Work
Operations Team Member (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNNovember 19, 2014
People work as a team, fun and face paced job with great managers. A typical day at work entails a lot of cleaning and interacting with members.
High Energy Work place Stressfull Quotas
Member Engagement Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Shelby Township, MINovember 18, 2014
Pros: great pay great benifits
Cons: work life balance did not exits
Great enviroment meeting people that wanted to Change thier lives, work place was stressful at times and taxing on the mind and body tone of hours and notime for self
Group FItness Director/Manager LTF
Group Fitness Director/Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 17, 2014
Pros: loved working with the people.
Cons: change in management staff created a change in work environment.
Responsible for all daily business operations of group fitness department as;
Maintaining daily, weekly, quarterly budgets and goals
Staff payroll, marketing, promotions, customer service/relations, program development & implementation, quality assurance.

Managed, hired, trained, and continued to educate staff of over 35 part-time firtness trainers – more... & instructors.

Hosted, planned and led nunerous annual charity events and community events. – less
Great work environment, poor compensation/management support
o Group Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Vestavia Hills, ALNovember 12, 2014
Pros: workout at work!
Cons: commission based, development and support hard to come by from management after initial new hire training.
Typical day consists of training clients, teaching classes, emails and calls to set up fitness consultations with potential new clients to help build and grow your business. Working with clients always by far best part of the job, numbers and selling by far worst part. Management support lacking at best.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Aquatics Department Head (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 7, 2014
Company that strives to better themselves and their Team Members.
Comfortable environment
Kids Activities Supervisor (Former Employee), Allen, TXNovember 6, 2014
If you enjoy working with kids then this is the place for you, lots of families who have very loving children. A great place to act like a kid but still feel the responsibility as an adult.
Life Time
Supervisor (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJNovember 5, 2014
The worst place to work. Employees get treated like garbage. The hardest part of the job is working with 1 or 2 other people on a busy day. You have to pay for your own food.
Great place to meet people.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHNovember 4, 2014
Pros: 30 minute break when working 8+ hour shifts, the people you work with, free gym access, compensation
Cons: low department budeget, not everyone always shows up for work, customer complaints
Our primary goal at Life Time is to ensure customer satisfaction on a day in and day out basis. We interact with a lot of members on a daily basis so you have to be professional with your interactions with the members and also what you do. People are constantly watching what you do and how you act, which has never been a problem for me. But you also – more... see many of the same members quite often and may even become friends with a lot of them. This is what makes the job fantastic for me! With each interaction there is always a story they have, whether it is just about the day they are having, what they did over the weekend, or the news they have to share! You never know what the members are going to say! But as long as there needs are met and they are happy, then I know I'm doing my job right!

Other important aspects of the job include (for my area) constant maintenance (EX: clean tables, pick up towels, etc.), PH and chemical checks every two hours, making sure people show up to work on time, people are being rotated to their positions every fifteen minutes, capacity count every half hour, monitoring the entire building to make sure everything is running smoothly, communication on what is going on in all the departments that run the building, respond to any medical emergency in the entire building, making sure Life Time rules are being enforced, and making sure everyone is comfortable and happy during their shift!

The hardest part of the job is enforcing the rules. Sometimes people just don't know the rules! Most of the time it just takes a few minutes to explain the rules to the members and we avoid future conflicts altogether.This of course happens on a daily basis, but that is honestly the hardest part.

There have been many people that I have worked along side with and I have had the privilege to interact with almost everyone. The people I work with are just like the rest of us, hardworking, determined, and happy to work here! A job really is easier when you have people that you can trust and that go above expectations, it really makes working here that much better! – less
Temporary Job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Katy, TXNovember 4, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: standing for too long with no breaks
A typical day at work as a consist of check-in members and cleaning reception waiting area. Co-workers are very pleasant and provide help when needed.
Fun Job
Night Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 4, 2014
The members and coworkers made this job fun. It was not a difficult job but it was faced paced.
One of the Largest Healthly Way of Life Company's
Member Services Department Head (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHOctober 27, 2014
Life Time is a Healthy Way of Life Company that is growing more and more everyday.
Fun first job!!
Head Swim Team Coach/Swim Supervisor (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZOctober 27, 2014
Pros: lots of alone time
Cons: unloading the truck
It all depends on what kind of people you work with. I had a good group of people so it was good. Management treats you like slave. and works you hard for 8.00 an hour.

1 2 3 4 5