Life Technologies

Life Technologies Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice company to work for
Finance Assistance (Former Employee), Paisley, ScotlandAugust 14, 2012
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: lost interest in employees as human beings
* Calling customer for unpaid invoices and allocating received payments.
* This was my first job in the UK and for me it was a big challenge to succeed in my role as it was in a foreign language. I learned that if you have confidence in yourself you can achieve whatever you want to no matter how difficult it may be.
* Management was great until there – more... was a change after the merge with another company. After this the company was only interested in making money and the interest for employees was gone.
* Working with the team was great, however we didn't not have a lot to do with each other as each of us had their own country to deal with.
* The hardest part of the job was to see everything change and their was no chance for a promotion.
* The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was no interfering from management and I was allowed to do my job the way I wanted to do this. The results were one of the best of the whole team. – less
My breif experience was meh
Research Associate (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 13, 2014
Mandatory pre-lab exercise with few perks but high pay rate. Not going to say much else because my experience was brief and second shift.
High through put fast paved Life Sciences organization.
Program Manager (Current Employee), Home officeJune 3, 2014
High through put fats paced Life Sciences organization on the cutting edge of diagnostics and pharmaceutical support.
Work
Sr. Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Frederick MDJune 2, 2014
Good job, great place to learn a lot. Management is nice, great work environment. Job Security is a little low.....lay off's happen at least twice a year.
Great Job
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Grand Island, NYMay 20, 2014
What learned how to do mechanical work on the machine i operator
Productive workplace
Associate Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 14, 2014
Pros: company events, room for growth
Cons: didnt like the odd hours
There were a couple company events as a temp. I worked in HTP and there was work when there were high orders in the que. But I remember going home when the que was low.
Forward-looking company
Senior Associate Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), MarslingMay 12, 2014
Great team.
Good remuneration and flexible working environment.
Good stepping stone.
Production Scientist (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 27, 2014
You put in hard work and sometimes long hours, but it is a great place with good management to start your career.
Great teamwork and fast pace work
eSolutions Project Manager (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: favoritism
On a day to day basis I support our field sales as the back end support for the East territory. I have to work on my toes to fix problems quickly, which I really enjoy but the remaining parts of the day involve tedious, mundane tasks. I would love to work more directly with customers instead of being glued to my phone/computer staring at excel spreadsheets.
Fast-paced company making life healthier, safer and cleaner.
Continuous Improvement Project Manager (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAMarch 31, 2014
Fascinating place to work with many projects happening in diverse fields from genetics to cancer research to animal health to alternative energy to food safety and increased yield. I love learning new things and every project affords that.
Changing Enviroment
Lab Tech (Current Employee), Bedford, MAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: flavor of the month mgmt styles
Good coworkers, fast paced changing environment with hands on Sr. Mgmt. High quality standards with scientific based decision making.
The people that work on Grand Island are genuine and pleasant. Compensation was competitive. Life Tech was recently bought out by Thermo Fisher.
Pricing Manager (Former Employee), Grand Island, NYMarch 21, 2014
Pros: recognition, yearly celebrations.
Cons: job unstability
-Life Tech was recently bought out by Thermo Fisher. With this acquisition, there is some job instability.

-The people at Life Tech on Grand Island at very genuine, pleasant and fun to be around. It's like an extended family.

-The hardest part of the job was the uncertainity of the acquisition.

-Upper Level management could be better with broader – more... communication. – less
Making A Difference
Senior Communications Manager (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMarch 14, 2014
Life is a great place to work if you want to make a difference in the future of humanity!
A unending job with no perks
Material Handler II (Former Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 8, 2014
Pros: overtime and lots of it mandatory
Cons: little or no training and overworked employees
Working in a fast paced freezer invironment 12-14 hours a day.Little or no training with high turnover rate.
Great Place to work
Supervisor Customer Service & After Sales Services (Current Employee), BangaloreFebruary 16, 2014
Productive place to work where you learn everyday.
Learning is a culture in this organisation with a set of great management which helps employees develop self.
NWO Partering Cannabalistic Mega Corp
QC Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: diversity
Cons: culture of fear
You can climb all the way up the ladder at Life Tech, and fast but the whole company is built on sand and will wash away with so many other of its ilk.

Get a job that is established on the rock of truth. You might have to swallow your pride and forfiet so much of what you thought was important but it will stand when these paper mache bohemoths tatter – more... and dissolve. – less
Fast paced environment
Government Relations Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2014
I worked here part-time but this was a full-time face paced environment. I enjoyed the staff and the environment and it was a wonderful learning experience. This was the first time that I worked as a PAC administrator and that pretty much was the hardest part of the job, learning the culture of politics as it pertains to gifts and funds being distributed. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was the same, I learned an entirely different facet of politics than I was previously exposed to and in was very intriguing. I also enjoyed the staff. – less
What a soulless company
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: nothing good
Cons: everything
This is a soulless company who will use your body then fire you for being unable to work. Bad managers, horrible hours and short breaks. Life tech hires mostly young, untrained contractors to handle dangerous chemicals and work long 12- hour shifts. They work project to project then are laid off. This is not a long term career company.
The best place to work ever
Forecasting Accuracy Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJanuary 14, 2014
No micromanagement,great co-workers, amazing environment and a great place to learn
Manufacturing Environment
Associate Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2014
Very HS environment and job was very tedious. Hands were blistered daily and coworkers were not the best.

1 2 3 4 5

About Life Technologies

Life Technologies is a global biotechnology tools company providing premier systems, consumables, and services for scientific – Read more

Life Technologies Photos