Life Technologies

Life Technologies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and innovative
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 8, 2015
Managers emphasized kaizen thinking and continuous improvement efforts. The compensation was competitive and campus very nice. A shuttle is provided to the BART station.
Great People
Research Scientist (Former Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 25, 2015
This Eugene location has lot of very knowledgeable people working on exciting projects. I was a member of a five person team doing very ambitious work to develop a new method of fluorescent immunoassays. Our team had very smart and hardworking people, in a very stimulating environment with an excellent collaborative culture.
A large, stable company
Web Content Specialist (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day for me consists almost entirely of web content management, short (a few hour to a day) projects, mostly concerning the day-to-day maintenance of the web catalog. It is a highly structured environment. I have learned a great deal about web design and web catalog structure, but have found it difficult to branch out into other areas, such as content writing. Like many large companies, there is a great deal of specialization, at least at my level, with limited opportunities for career growth.
Fun workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 20, 2015
This was a job I held right outside of high school and it was fun to be able to use my creativity with arranging floral designs. I enjoy all things involving nature and living things, so that was a plus./
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Project Manager / Senior Staff Engineer (Former Employee), Foster City, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great place to work with good benefits and perks
Cons: the company started to loose its edge in its space.
Leading edge technology company working with great people. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the technology, and the company culture was great.
Too Big
Technical Application Scientist (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Company very big and getting bigger. Re-org following acquisitions not good because years later everyone still not clear. Seems to be lots of politics.
Assembler/Operator
Assembler / Operator (Former Employee), houston, txJanuary 5, 2015
it was fun working with them, and i tend to learn more than what i expected. As for my co workers they are friendly and do have a way of making the job smooth and easy so i will say i do rreally like to be around them again.
Associate Buyer (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 27, 2014
Great benefits, fun environment, accessible cross-training opportunities
In summery I enjoyed working in the lab and working with my co-workers.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), Carlsbad CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed my work and working with co-workers.
Cons: i didn’t like tied to a desk.
This is the same company just Thermo Fisher inquired Life Technologies

My typical day would start early I would come in (most of the time I would have things setup prior to me leaving the previous day) and start performing my duties, then I would get to a stopping point so I can attend our daily production meeting. After meeting I would continue with my production process while assisting others with questions to different assays or location of material needed for their assays’. Most of the time I was working independently, but I would continue with the process insuring all of my batch records were up to date in real time until I either finish with the process or get to a necessary stopping point to close out the day or to attend other meeting involving the different teams I was involved with.

I really didn’t see my supervisor unless I had to get an authorization on something or a needed another opinion on something.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers most of them were a pleasure to interact with that is what kept the day pleasant and not boring.

The hardest part and most frustrating of the day is when I’m in the middle of a process or looking to set up for a process and the equipment or material I need mysteriously disappeared.

The most enjoyable part was finishing up a process and performing the quality test and it performs just as we advertised to our customers.
Life Technologies
Global Sales Development Director (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CADecember 9, 2014
Not my best experience. Management was very out of touch with employees. They were more concerned with image than actual experience.
Great innovation, great leaders
VP (Former Employee), EMEADecember 4, 2014
PROS
- innovation
- senior exec
- culture
- giving back
- social responsibility

CONS
- bureaucracy
- speed
Innovation and Leadership
Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 29, 2014
Reps are supported and encouraged to develop new market strategies and try new sales tactics to win new business.

Pressure is great to perform, but reward and acknowledgement for success is given frequently.

Wonderful women's leadership program that supported by upper management.
Nice place to work, doing a very important job to help the human condition
Material Handler (Former Employee), Grand Island, NYOctober 29, 2014
Very detail-oriented place, doing highly critica work to medically improve the human condition
Profile
Product Administrator - (Contractor) (Former Employee), Frederick, MDOctober 2, 2014
administrative support professional offering versatile office management skills and proficiency in Microsoft office programs. Strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change, works independently and expectations. Able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality.
Great company with a wonderful group of people.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: wonderful people, competitive compensation and benefits
Cons: very stressful, unrealistic deadline dates sets by management
I monitored sale orders, and ensured they were progressed properly thru the JDE system. Monitored month end close jobs on the system for timing and completion. Worked with team members on closing tickets from the help desk call center. Completed integrations of acquisitions from their system over to the JDE system. Team member on multiple projects. Worked with business leaders to gather needs and implement process improvements. Worked closely with the accounting team for AP, AR, and GL. Aided in reconciliations, prepared journal entries with supporting documents. I participated in 2 ERP implementations. During my time with this company they grew from a privately held to public organization with a global reach. I held several positions with this company during my tenure. I had 8+ years as the AP Supervisor/Manager, and 10+ years as Accounting Manger for AP, AR, GL, FA, and inter-company transactions.
Productive and fun place working environment
Associate Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CASeptember 10, 2014
Highly efficient and fast pace working environment.
I was part of project Elevation (manufacturing of 5,90,000 oligonucleotides for the Ion Ampliseq Exome Panels
● Gained hands-on Next Generation Sequencing experience that include synthesis of oligonucleotides which involved operating semi-automated synthesizers for sequencing customer ordered oligonucleotides.
● Executed manufacturing protocols per Sop's as delegated by the Production Team Supervisor and Production Team Leads.
● Performed DNA Amidite preparation,DNA base readings on spectrophotometer and its analysis, performing post synthesis modifications.
● Performed purification of processed oligonucleotides through normal phase and further purification using HPLC.
● Perform routine checkup to ensure work environment follows six sigma regulations.
● Addressed and reported to supervisor any problems in daily manufacturing and propose effective countermeasures.
● Organized and prioritize work to ensure on-time shipment of product to customer that involved effective communication with production operators and management, punctuality and responsibility for the completion of all tasks assigned daily.
Very supportive of healthy living at work...
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: beautiful worksite and good people to work around.
Cons: no opportunity to work with others. loud & difficult to concentrate.
When I worked there I was content with my job, but had difficulty establishing rapport with my manager. I would have liked to have had true dialogue given an opportunity to demonstrate my analytics expertise as applied to corporate content, but instead, there was a form that we filled out together in the beginning and that was it, very little communication beyond that. No more discussion about how the dialogue would apply to given projects or circumstances. The worksite was a dream complete with a scenic campus with wildlife and opportunities for nature walks on breaks and promotion of a healthy lifestyle. I would have liked to have found my niche to grow and thrive in, but most content was guarded. The hardest part of the job was getting my boss to talk to me and get to work collaboratively.
My Job is quite intresting daily new projects and challanges.
Senior Technical Application Scientist (Current Employee), GurgaonSeptember 1, 2014
I have been working in lifeTechnologies Invitrogen Bioservices) as an Application Scientist from last 6 yrs.As a self-starter who's already had a strong experience with Applied Biosystems platform, i can offer:

5+ years good hands-on experience with NGS and CE(Molecular & Cell Biology)

*Extensive experience on all Real-Time PCR's ,CE sequencers,and related softwares.****

*Computer proficiency, including Microsoft,BLAST, NCBI etc.****

*Excellent verbal and written communication skills***

* Good experience in handling offsite and onsite customers, customer trainings, Demos, Workshop etc.....

Supporting sales as participant in pre and post sales activities.
fun place to work and learned a lot from my manager
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), Foster City Ca.August 25, 2014
learned a lot from working under manager regarding gaap accounting policies and systems
Equipment Operator, Material Handler II (Former Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 18, 2014
served as a material handler specialist on contract assignments to many different companies such as Aspen Publishers. Primary responsibilities included inventory control, material transport, material location management, and preparation for shipping.

1 2 3 4 5

About Life Technologies

Life Technologies is a global biotechnology tools company providing premier systems, consumables, and services for scientific – Read more

Life Technologies Photos