Life Choice Hospice

Life Choice Hospice Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
rewarding work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 6, 2015
Love working with the patients providing comfort in the end of life. My co-workers are team players. Autonomy in my daily schedule.
Rewarding
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Dresher, PAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: seeing the same patients and their family members
Cons: short breaks, mileage compensation, traveling
I have worked for this company for 3.5 years. It is a very rewarding job in the sense that I give quality one on one care to people who don't have much time on this earth. My co-workers and I work incredibly – more... good together. When we cover for each others patients, our communication skills with each other are impecible. We want to me sure every person we see recieves the best care they can. Sometimes my bosses can be hard to work with, only because they don't always understand the amount of traveling we do in the course of one day. I would have to say the hardest part of my job is when a patient of mine declines or passes away. You create this close relationship with them and then one day they are no longer with you. Another hard part of my job is all the traveling I endure during a day. I am sometimes traveling up to 2 hours to see a patient. That gets tough to do day in and day out. – less
great staff
Community Liaison (Current Employee), orange ctMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great salary, amazing comision structure
Cons: mileage pay is below government min.
Great company to work for. Cares about employees and has room to move up. Good benefits. good salary. Amazing comision structure. Fantastic pto.
Great Company
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Dresher, PAJanuary 2, 2015
This is a great company that encourages learning and growth
Chaplain/Administrative Clerk (Current Employee), Stockbridge, GADecember 29, 2014
Call caregivers, set times to meet, discuss plan of care, with staff.
I learned to give them my best care and to do what I can today by not putting it off till tomorrow. Hardest part seeing them suffer. Enjoyable I was able to give support during the most difficult time.
Overall good place to work
Administrative (Current Employee), RemoteDecember 5, 2014
Been with company about 6 months. Overall good environment, pay, and supportive leadership. Worked with a great team of people. Good structure and company dynamic. Would recommend.
Auburn Ma has a great team
CNA/HHA (Current Employee), Auburn, MAOctober 31, 2014
Life choice is a great company to work for. I have been there for nly a few months but really do enjoy Auburn team.
Working with People and helping them.
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee), Dresher, PAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: time management and stress
My days are never the same, as there are always Patients that may need an unscheduled visit or the Office will need to redirect my scheduled visits for a situation or assigned task that needs my attention. – more... I work Monday through Friday, and have On-Call responsibilities that involve 4 weeks per year, covering the evenings from 5pm-8:30am the following day, and am On-Call the entire weekend of that week.

Management does a good job of making sure the employees are not being overwhelmed, and yet keep us focused on the main goal of our Company, Patient Care and Support for the Patients and their Families.

I have learned how to balance my time while making sure the responsibility of providing excellent care/support for our Clients is maintained. The hardest part of my job is the emotional drain it places on all of the employees. Caring for dying Patients as a Hospice Chaplain is a burden and a privilege.

The most enjoyable part of my job is spending time w/the people I am called to minister to. Regardless of the issues and outcome of the "journey", I am always the beneficiary of the Family's and Patient's impact on my life, and I am the better for it. – less
Great Work Experience
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Greenwood, ARApril 20, 2014
Great work experience
No longer in business
Nice people
Friendly atmosphere
Loved the patients and families I was humbled to serve.
Pastoral Care Counselor (Former Employee), Hamburg, PAFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: loved the work
Cons: census dropped and i was laid off
My position as Chaplain was a ministry to companion patients and their loved ones on their final journey here on earth and offer spiritual care and support. I was honored to walk beside them at such a difficult time. My teammates were the most compassionate, loving people I have ever met. The management team at our local office was also exceptional.
WORST HOSPICE COMPANY EVER!!!
CNA (Former Employee), Dresher, PaFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: none. not even a gift certificate during the holidays!
Cons: too many for you to read right now.
Having many years experience as a CNA in different areas of healthcare including Hospice, I have never worked for a worse company. Employees are undervalued and underpaid. Benefits are extremely expensive. Management is quick to discipline, but never commend you on a job well done. If you want to be an act in a circus, then Lifechoice is the company for you.
No support from above. Long hours and unpaid overtime are expected.
Nurse (Former Employee), AlabamaDecember 10, 2013
Cons: insurance, support, culture
Almost no orientation. Few doctors and hospitals accept their insurance. Expect to be pressured to admit patients regardless of appropriateness. A "bottom-line" company.
Growing work place environment
Office Manager (Former Employee), Manasquan, NJNovember 14, 2013
Pros: wonderful people
Cons: stress
The culture at LCH is very nurturing and compassionate. The company is currently in a growing spurt and so along with the growth comes some pains. If I was a younger part of the work force I would have stayed for years. However, being eligible for retirement, the growth issues were no longer attractive to me.
wonderful
Certified Nursing Assistant/Hospice Aide (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2013
Very Establish Company and cares about their employees and provide care and comfort to our patients
Not a great place to work
Aide (Current Employee), Willingboro, NJOctober 18, 2013
Pros: good location
Cons: all the above
Life Choice Hospice is not a great place to work because of its culture, management, and lack of work/life balance. The employees work very hard, but are undervalued. The benefits are too expensive and you have put 10-30 days notice to get a day off.
horrible experience with upper management and HR.
Nurse (Former Employee), GeorgiaSeptember 15, 2013
Headaches abound and they don't care about their staff. Questions aren't answered honestly.
Having a heart.
RN/CASE MANAGER (Current Employee), River Edge, NJApril 5, 2013
Making a difference at end of life, bringing dignity and compassion.
Very generous company, lunches always provided at meetings.
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aid (Former Employee), Willingboro, NJApril 2, 2013
Pros: family oriented environment
Cons: no room for advancement
A typical workday included travel,customer service,and quality care given to residents. I learned to multitask and to function in a hospice setting. Management was profesional yet friendly. A bond was – more... created amongst co-workers almost immediately. The most challenging part of the job was traveling and keeping appointments in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was the appreciation of the residents and family members of your services. – less