Life Choice Hospice Employee Reviews

I loved my job
On Call RN (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJ5 January 2018
I worked 7 nights off and 7 nights on from home, from 5pm to 8am
learned good documentation
management was great at this office until the last year when they brought in someone new
hardest part was waking up doctors in the middle of the night for an order
most enjoyable was helping others
we had a great team
Productive, fun,traveling job with amazing clients
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PA4 December 2017
I love this job.If your ok with traveling you'll love it too.
Life choices really connects with the clients as well as their employees.Time management is key.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Your car will have wear and tear.
Great place to volunteer
Hospice Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Willingboro, NJ21 August 2017
Life choice hospice trained me to provide support to those in hospice care and to their families. Working with this population is rewarding and needed.
hard place to work for a single mother
Hospice Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PA11 August 2017
work days very long.no overtime.salaried yearly.very high caseload.no breaks during the day.the job was not well suited for a single working mother.never finished the day on time.could not make plans outside of work. no bereavement support for the nurses.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
no breaks long days
Life Choice is now Compassus
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJ23 May 2017
This was a great hospice company to work for. My team was awesome, always going above and beyond. This was my home away from home. So sad the company no longer exists
Closed
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK22 May 2017
Not enough employees. Now closed for business. Been sold multiple times. Closed for low census. Training was poor. Travel recommended 2 x year for training that was not beneficial
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Closed
hospice
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  River Edge, NJ29 September 2016
In a typical day I go to 3-4 different places to see patient. I enjoy visiting with my patients and bringing them comfort. I like being there for the families for support. I have been on both sides of Hospice having family members on Hospice before so I know what the families are going through. I get along with all my co-workers. I have peers calling me for help and to run questions by me.
GReat Place to Learn & Grow
Intake Manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJ29 August 2016
I started working at Life Choice as a temp/receptionist 3 days a week. Over the past few years I have been able to learn new skills and advance myself towards future career goals.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
LTC facility
CNA (Current Employee) –  Dresher PA2 February 2016
I enjoyed working at LCT. The only reason I left was because they had no full time positions available. The staff was extremely friendly, great working atmosphere.
Professional and Serious Job
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PA3 November 2015
Professional and also very stressful workplace. Had to travel to 5 different locations during the day. Sometimes would receive 7-8 patients a day. The staff was very nice and helpful. The case manager was a wonderful person. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Pros
Good relationship with staff and patients.
Cons
Constant Rushing and movement. Sense of instability.
Flexible
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Shoemakersville, PA20 October 2015
The management team make working there a great place to work. The upper management will work with employees to resolve matters whether professional or personal to create work/life balance. The mileage reimbursement used to be a nice perk but not anymore. Mileage reimbursement is only compensated for driving between patients. Compensation for RN Case Manager is higher than hospital salaries in this area of North East, PA. Benefits are very costly. Little autonomy
Life Choice Review Prior to Sale
Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PA24 September 2015
Life choice consistent of a group of hard working individuals and a management team that continually strived towards excellence in patient care and treatment of employees.
Life choice
STAFF (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MA13 June 2015
The company has a new policy of only part time staff full staff are being cut without notice
No benefits bringing in no experience staff and cutting higher paying staff
Pros
Little
Cons
Hostile work place
rewarding work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO6 June 2015
Love working with the patients providing comfort in the end of life. My co-workers are team players. Autonomy in my daily schedule.
Rewarding
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PA28 March 2015
I have worked for this company for 3.5 years. It is a very rewarding job in the sense that I give quality one on one care to people who don't have much time on this earth. My co-workers and I work incredibly good together. When we cover for each others patients, our communication skills with each other are impecible. We want to me sure every person we see recieves the best care they can. Sometimes my bosses can be hard to work with, only because they don't always understand the amount of traveling we do in the course of one day. I would have to say the hardest part of my job is when a patient of mine declines or passes away. You create this close relationship with them and then one day they are no longer with you. Another hard part of my job is all the traveling I endure during a day. I am sometimes traveling up to 2 hours to see a patient. That gets tough to do day in and day out.
Pros
seeing the same patients and their family members
Cons
short breaks, mileage compensation, traveling
great staff
Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  orange ct18 March 2015
Great company to work for. Cares about employees and has room to move up. Good benefits. good salary. Amazing comision structure. Fantastic pto.
Pros
great salary, amazing comision structure
Cons
mileage pay is below government min.
Great Company
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PA2 January 2015
This is a great company that encourages learning and growth
Chaplain/Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GA29 December 2014
Call caregivers, set times to meet, discuss plan of care, with staff.
I learned to give them my best care and to do what I can today by not putting it off till tomorrow. Hardest part seeing them suffer. Enjoyable I was able to give support during the most difficult time.
Overall good place to work
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Remote5 December 2014
Been with company about 6 months. Overall good environment, pay, and supportive leadership. Worked with a great team of people. Good structure and company dynamic. Would recommend.
Auburn Ma has a great team
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MA31 October 2014
Life choice is a great company to work for. I have been there for nly a few months but really do enjoy Auburn team.