Lids

Lids Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJanuary 15, 2014
Every time I've clocked in for work I always clocked out with more knowledge. A learning experience every time.
Learning to be a leader.
Assistant Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 15, 2014
At Lids, I was afforded the opportunity to develop leadership skills. I was also able to build on my customer service skills.
Lids locker room is a very laid back environment.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Kenner, LAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: laid back environment, not demanding, discounts on store items
Cons: unexpected projects
A typical day a work would include opening the store, doing maintenance on the various equipment in the store, doing follow ups on customer returns, and inventory control. I loved the fact that that I was able to meet new people and help them choose a hat the fit them and their personality. Working for LIDs helped me sharpen my people and interpersonal – more... skills. – less
Enjoyed working there due to job security
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 9, 2014
I worked at Lids for 2 years on and off during breaks from school and there were always hours for me whenever I wanted to come back. The pay was not great and it is relatively unclear whether there are prospects for advancement within the company. I know that I enjoyed being with my co-workers on daily basis and being around them made me a better salesman.
Functional workplace
Customer service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: everyone is socialable
Cons: n/a
This job was easy. Management was great and as well as co-workers. There was no hard parts of this job. If Lids is to complicated for you then you aren't ready for a job.
Fun place to work at, nice and fun co workers as well as most management .
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ocoee, FLDecember 26, 2013
Pros: flexibility, decent pay, sure advancement
Cons: limited hours
Typical day consist of doing daily counts, helping customers. The only things learned would be any extra knowledge that needs to be known as a new manager. The hardest thing if any would be keeping accessory sells up and being your own security while very busy. The most enjoyable thing would be the staff.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 22, 2013
I love working at Lids. The environment is fun and friendly. You get to see so many faces and meet so many new people. I enjoy being around my coworkers. I think it is a great job but as far as trying to make a living from working there it will never work. Being that it is retail its so hard to get consistent hours.
Enjoyed the atmosphere!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TnDecember 20, 2013
Pros: enjoyed working with co-workers and training them to get them promoted
Cons: once you got promoted to store manager, thats as far as you got
Enjoyed working with the public and co-workers and wearing hats!
Fun and productive place. A lot of hats to choose from.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Monterey, CADecember 14, 2013
Pros: paid breaks.
A typical day of work is seeing customers who come from different areas. It is not just local people. You can get along with your co-workers as a family. You also get all you need to do done.
Fun Job
FULL TIME ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Valencia, CA / Bakersfield, CADecember 12, 2013
Loved the retail and Management side of this job. Just became way too big of a daily commute for me. I started in Valencia and transferred to Bakersfield. Then I moved and was driving 2 hours from Lake LA to Bakersfield.
horrible
Part time Assistant Manager Key Holder (Former Employee), Newington, NHDecember 8, 2013
Pros: hats
Cons: long hours
Bad management, long hours. Need more training. Location at fox run mall not good
fun
Store Manager (Former Employee), Milpitas, CADecember 7, 2013
Pros: mall atmosphere
Cons: not all sports teams available
counting and embroidery
learned that all walks of life come in
management was good
co workers did well if trained well
hardest part was getting help or coverage from other store
most enjoyable was meeting all the veterans and working at the embroidery station
By far my best employment to date
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 6, 2013
I learned how to properly and successfully run a business to increase greater profit margins, also how to properly record and keep track of all inventory, and learning how to perform custom embroidery. The best part of the job was working with the general public learning the ins and outs of management logging payroll and completing scheduling for the – more... entire store. – less
fun workplace with embroidery machine
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 26, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Great day meeting people. It was awesome being able to be creative with hat designs. Management was great, very understanding crew.
energetic and Friendly work environment
Sales associate (Current Employee), las vegas , nvNovember 23, 2013
Lids created a very enjoyable work environment. On a day to day basis I meet people from all over the world and help find products they desire. I strive to learn how the company operates and am dedicated to helping the commpany grow.
Fun retail environment!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Erie, PANovember 18, 2013
Basic retail hours and working environment. Corporate wasn't very reliable!
Productive workplace, music, apparel and hats.
Embroidery Machine Operator/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2013
Pros: music, great environment
Cons: different co-workers a lot.
Dealt with different people, greeted customers upon walking in, monogrammed on hats, and apparel.
Good place to work, there is some opportunity to advance, but not too often
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Sanford, FLNovember 8, 2013
The job is definitely up and down. You can have days when there were no customers, and then days when your sales were through the roof. I loved my boss, and we're still good friends, however the other worker often times was lazy, late, and the district manager didn't really seem to care much that we were having so many problems with him. It's a fun – more... environment, and there aren't really any hard parts to the job, but it can definitely make you feel a sense of comfort in your job security, and you can become complacent. – less
Very fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis,INOctober 31, 2013
Pros: providing great customer service
Cons: no room for advancement
The DM made it hard to love to come to work everyday. I loved working then he just started being rude and mad it worse.
Overall a decent job to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wayne, NJOctober 21, 2013
I didn't find this job fun or nice work at but it was a good experience. a typical day at work would consist of people just browsing and asking questions. it was easy. a bit too easy. I don't find a challenge in that. What got me annoyed the most is that the management was too lazy to teach me how to work the cash register. i wanted to work but all – more... i was able to do was help customers find a hat in a small store where everything's right there. So it was very unchallenged for me. – less

About Lids

Founded in 1995 and comprised of more than 800 mall-based, airport, street level and factory outlet stores nationwide, and in – Read more