Lids

Lids Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun job. Great co workers. Bad management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ashland, KYMay 9, 2014
Pros: great co workers. fun job.
Cons: bad management, no breaks, disrespectful.
Worked for lids for about a year. Store manager would leave work still clocked on. After our audit, they brought in the lost prevention lady and accused all of the staff of stealing hats, with no evidence to back this up. sometimes would work 5-8 hr shifts with no breaks at all. Other than that it was a fun job.
hORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK,NO GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: no breaks, no work/life balance at all.
a typical day at work consisted of strictly making budget 7 overseeing associates.cleanliness of store and keen eye for lp.
Great place to make a start
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 19, 2014
This company was a joy to be a part of and i would recommend it to anyone looking to get their feet wet in the work force.
Fun but could be better
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHApril 17, 2014
Pros: 40% off discount throughout the company, learning to do embroidery
Cons: no benefits for all types of managers
I like the interaction I could have with people, minus the rude/disrespectful ones.
It was very fast paced
Assistant Store Manger (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 9, 2014
Every day there was something new. It was a very fast paced place to work. I came into the company as an Assistant Manager so I always had to be on my game. I learned how to do stock and inventory and open and close the store.
Lids' Review
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYApril 8, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: small store
I have just started there so I can not really judge yet, so far I enjoy working there. Training is easy and the management team is very easy going and understanding.
Easy Days
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHApril 7, 2014
you cant go wrong working in a mall. Ups drops off shipments everyday and you just have to verify whats in box
love at first sight
customer service first (Former Employee), cambridgeApril 5, 2014
Pros: always busy, one product many styles
Absolutely love retail! While at lids the focus was the customers. The job is simple business. create bonds , loyalty and security for the customers sake. You simply find the right size hat. Product knowledge is all it take to excel.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 2, 2014
Working in tourist based location provided many different walks of life to be introduced. Learned many things about different cultures and nationalities created by a simple hat sale. The opportunities of upward mobility were available if desired. Guidance and encouragement was never at a low.
Great Company
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 1, 2014
Always fun and entertaining days. Customers always looking for advice and new ideas.
Fun place to work great work environment
Job Position - Store Manager (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 27, 2014
Lids is a fast pace sales driven company. With lots of great opportunities to move up and work with managers from other stores. Each day is going to be a busy one with multiple counts, checking voids and returns while still driving sales.
Friendly Work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Concord, NHMarch 26, 2014
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: employee dishonor, low wages
Steady work flow and traffic, I have learned a lot from the past 9 months that I have been working with this company. I have managed the Concord store and it has run quite smoothly thus far. Training my current employees has been something that I have enjoyed.
Great to retire here
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: sports all day
Cons: angry people
Lids is owned by Genesco and they are a very well-versed in knowing how the world moves these days and is growing from this opportunity.

Typical days at work are a challenge because you never know who you will meet or what is going to happen.

I have learned to be calm and polite so that customers feel more comfortable around me. This helps them open – more... up and speak more about the situation at hand.

My management style was always focused towards customer service I always want the customer to be happy and come back or tell their friends to come shop at Lids because of my great service. I would always help them and make them happy.

My co-workers were awesome, but the only thing i couldn't do was understand their lingo just because they were younger. I had a great team assembled and they knew what to do so we worked together in sync.

The hardest part of the job was stitching items that weren't purchased from the store because there is only one and that's when the pressure kicks in.

Having fun. The motto was, "Have fun sell hats!" – less
Lids is a very exciting and fun place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2014
Working in retail is both exciting and challenging at the same time. In fact the same things that make it challenging make it exciting. Having to tackle something different everyday. Meeting and building relationships with different people are some of the best things about retail. Building a strong team and accomplishing goals are another.
Worked in locations
Manager/Key Holder (Open/Close), Cashier (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 21, 2014
Pros: people skills, and flexible
Cons: no hours, terrible management, bad hours
London - amazing and where i started. I love the job for the support and management there.

Toronto - words can not fathom how i loath this place now
Assistant manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 18, 2014
Sales of hats and accessories, operation of cash register, and assisting customers, responsible of opening and closing of business, balancing cash drawers, assisted in the supervision and training of new Sales Associates to the department, knowledgeable in current fashion trends and product diversification, assisted with customer queries and concerns – more... on a daily basis, adhered to all company policies and procedures while meeting monthly department targets compiled and prepared reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities, trained cashiers and customer service representatives in dealing with customer satisfaction and register transactions – less
Nice place to work!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 16, 2014
Opening the store and do inventory. Assist customers to find hats. The management is well trained, we have a fun and friendly work environment. The hardest part about the job would be merchandising the product into different locations within the store. The best thing I like about the job is meeting people especially when they come in from all over the – more... world. The little kids can make it fun too fitting them with hats. – less
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAMarch 15, 2014
Work at Lids is fun, but it's not my hot cup of tea. Since i only worked there as a seasonal hire, all i did was customer service, stock, and take embroidery orders. The store manager at the time was the nicest guy and you could tell he really enjoyed working with the company. What i found most difficult was getting on the ladders. I t's a simple task – more... that i could do now, but at the time i was pregnant and i couldn't stand on the ladder without getting light-headed and almost falling of from loss of balance. My favorite part of the job was the co-workers. They were all very nice and funny, even though i was a seasonal hire, they treated me as a regular p/t. – less
Fun place to work with big sales environment!
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYMarch 14, 2014
Pros: fun, sports realted, good team, motivation, good work lie balance
Cons: working with no breaks, inconsistant hours, low wages
AS a co manager at Lids I was in charge of all the operational pieces of the store. I was in charge of hiring, training and scheduling the whole saff and management. I had to make sure all assiciates performed at company standard when it came to sales performance. Learned a lot on how to balance operational tasks with a very driven sales standard. Most – more... enjoyable part of the job was able o conversate with customers about their interests espcially in a sports related environment. The most dificult part of the job was trying to balance everything in the business with constant minimal coverage while operating an embroidery machine. – less
I wish I could give a no star rating
mgr (Current Employee), IndianaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: everything else!
PLEASE do not waste your time! Long hours and no respect for anyone with a family. Pay is terrible for what you have to put up with even if your are a "super star manager"

If you are working in the Indianapolis area you get to look forward to visits from cooperate workers who are very rude and give a "I am better than you" attitude on their visits. – more... You get to also work every single event in the area and leave your store low on staff. – less

About Lids

Founded in 1995 and comprised of more than 800 mall-based, airport, street level and factory outlet stores nationwide, and in – Read more