Lids

Lids Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 1, 2014
Always fun and entertaining days. Customers always looking for advice and new ideas.
Fun place to work great work environment
Job Position - Store Manager (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 27, 2014
Lids is a fast pace sales driven company. With lots of great opportunities to move up and work with managers from other stores. Each day is going to be a busy one with multiple counts, checking voids and returns while still driving sales.
Friendly Work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Concord, NHMarch 26, 2014
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: employee dishonor, low wages
Steady work flow and traffic, I have learned a lot from the past 9 months that I have been working with this company. I have managed the Concord store and it has run quite smoothly thus far. Training my current employees has been something that I have enjoyed.
Great to retire here
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: sports all day
Cons: angry people
Lids is owned by Genesco and they are a very well-versed in knowing how the world moves these days and is growing from this opportunity.

Typical days at work are a challenge because you never know who you will meet or what is going to happen.

I have learned to be calm and polite so that customers feel more comfortable around me. This helps them open – more... up and speak more about the situation at hand.

My management style was always focused towards customer service I always want the customer to be happy and come back or tell their friends to come shop at Lids because of my great service. I would always help them and make them happy.

My co-workers were awesome, but the only thing i couldn't do was understand their lingo just because they were younger. I had a great team assembled and they knew what to do so we worked together in sync.

The hardest part of the job was stitching items that weren't purchased from the store because there is only one and that's when the pressure kicks in.

Having fun. The motto was, "Have fun sell hats!" – less
Lids is a very exciting and fun place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2014
Working in retail is both exciting and challenging at the same time. In fact the same things that make it challenging make it exciting. Having to tackle something different everyday. Meeting and building relationships with different people are some of the best things about retail. Building a strong team and accomplishing goals are another.
Assistant manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 18, 2014
Sales of hats and accessories, operation of cash register, and assisting customers, responsible of opening and closing of business, balancing cash drawers, assisted in the supervision and training of new Sales Associates to the department, knowledgeable in current fashion trends and product diversification, assisted with customer queries and concerns – more... on a daily basis, adhered to all company policies and procedures while meeting monthly department targets compiled and prepared reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities, trained cashiers and customer service representatives in dealing with customer satisfaction and register transactions – less
Nice place to work!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 16, 2014
Opening the store and do inventory. Assist customers to find hats. The management is well trained, we have a fun and friendly work environment. The hardest part about the job would be merchandising the product into different locations within the store. The best thing I like about the job is meeting people especially when they come in from all over the – more... world. The little kids can make it fun too fitting them with hats. – less
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAMarch 15, 2014
Work at Lids is fun, but it's not my hot cup of tea. Since i only worked there as a seasonal hire, all i did was customer service, stock, and take embroidery orders. The store manager at the time was the nicest guy and you could tell he really enjoyed working with the company. What i found most difficult was getting on the ladders. I t's a simple task – more... that i could do now, but at the time i was pregnant and i couldn't stand on the ladder without getting light-headed and almost falling of from loss of balance. My favorite part of the job was the co-workers. They were all very nice and funny, even though i was a seasonal hire, they treated me as a regular p/t. – less
Fun place to work with big sales environment!
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYMarch 14, 2014
Pros: fun, sports realted, good team, motivation, good work lie balance
Cons: working with no breaks, inconsistant hours, low wages
AS a co manager at Lids I was in charge of all the operational pieces of the store. I was in charge of hiring, training and scheduling the whole saff and management. I had to make sure all assiciates performed at company standard when it came to sales performance. Learned a lot on how to balance operational tasks with a very driven sales standard. Most – more... enjoyable part of the job was able o conversate with customers about their interests espcially in a sports related environment. The most dificult part of the job was trying to balance everything in the business with constant minimal coverage while operating an embroidery machine. – less
I wish I could give a no star rating
mgr (Current Employee), IndianaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: everything else!
PLEASE do not waste your time! Long hours and no respect for anyone with a family. Pay is terrible for what you have to put up with even if your are a "super star manager"

If you are working in the Indianapolis area you get to look forward to visits from cooperate workers who are very rude and give a "I am better than you" attitude on their visits. – more... You get to also work every single event in the area and leave your store low on staff. – less
Strong,hard worker and willing to learn as much as possible
Assistant store manager (Former Employee), Memphis,TNFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: stayed aware of the new fashion with ball caps
Cons: lack of business on days
A typical work day consist of opening and closing the store daily. I had to interact with new faces on a daily basis and give direction to staff to ensure the store is ran properly. Lids was not that difficult for me to maintain. I was able to polish up my leadership skill as well as my verbal skill. Meeting the store daily budget and goals was the – more... most interesting part of my day. – less
WELL ROUNDED
Store Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: work with schedules
Cons: not enough dm visits
WELL ROUNDED COMPANY BUT NEED TO PAY MORE ATTENTION TO ASSOCIATES NEEDS. BENEFITS HAVE TO TO BE EARNED AFTER A YEAR OF WORK. WORKED GREAT WITH MY SCHOOL SCHEDULE. ALL IN ALL AN IDEAL JOB FOR PROGRESSION AND STABILITY.
You must be innovative, take charge and expecting to go it alone...
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee), FloridaFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: hands-off management; store management bonus structure; limited amount of work; 5 day work week
Cons: management; corporate; disorganized; advancement; product inventory/ordering; compensation
I will start off by saying that this is more of my management style, I don't want a DSM or Regional hanging over my shoulder. It can be expected if things are not going so great, but considering I have put in 60 hrs a week to see a 40% sales gain in January compared to last year profit, I'd say we are doing great! So, my DSM not bothering me and showing – more... up constantly is a plus and to me, the way it should be.

However, when I do actually need something or have a question, maybe once a month, my expectation is that I will get a reply or at least a call back? I know, it's too much to ask, but that is what I'm seeing since I started a few months ago as a store manager with this company. That is a huge pet peeve of mine I would say, after busting my hump all week, every week, the least I expect is someone who can give advice or insight, given that the store I operate hadn't seen a profit in over a year and is now consistently 15-20% over budget. Is this too much to ask? Some correspondence? – less
productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brockton, MAFebruary 19, 2014
Love working here its a fun and intertating place would love to go back
fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Juan, PRFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: competent salary, fun environment, discounts
Cons: no retirement benefits
sports oriented, fun workplace, clientele traffic varied per store
Fun setting
Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Very fun place to work, easy to talk to customers, co-workers very diverse and full of energy. I learned a lot about different peoples styles with hats and a lot more about a great sports culture.
Fun
Store manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2014
good place to work, poor pay great advancement to the point of store manager great culture
Fun work place
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Grandville, MIJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: good staff, fun environment
Cons: n/a
I really enjoy my job at lids. working and laughing with customers customizing hats making people smile…hardest part of the job is not being paid a lot i do a good job and i don't feel like my pay reflects that.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 30, 2014
Lids is a good store to work in, has a laid back atmosphere, and also has a fun staff.
just an ok place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Branson, MOJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: 40% off
Cons: no breaks
store duties and sales
learned all around store manager job
paper work would have to be the hardest part of the job
best part of the job is getting to meet new people everyday

About Lids

Founded in 1995 and comprised of more than 800 mall-based, airport, street level and factory outlet stores nationwide, and in – Read more