Lids

Lids Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Paced and good culture
Store Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 3, 2014
This shop is directly in line with the culture and is a great company to grow with.
very enjoyable place to work
Assistant manager (Former Employee), media paJune 2, 2014
Required to remember product knowledge and maintain excellent customer service with every customer
Okay job that will never become a career
Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 31, 2014
The job would be great if they didn't replace staff so much. You can go into a lids regularly at 2 month intervals and never see the same person (this includes management). I don't know about you but when I see this happen within a company I think it an indicator that there are big problems within the structure of the company.
Lack of organization
Customer service (Former Employee), Hayward, CAMay 24, 2014
I took very little from lids other than them having flexibility with my personal life and my amazing co workers. Lids management is unorganized and the DM never really took care in the store other than when his bosses where coming around. Their stores are all over the place and when management messes up they try to blame it on the associates.
It was ok place to work but it did get boring
Lids, Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Frederick, MDMay 22, 2014
Pros: get first dibs on hats at a discount
Cons: small space, no room to move around and walk
A typical day would be me either opening up and doing counts all morning, or closing and not too many people coming in to buy product. I learned that people will only come out and buy local team items when their team is winning, not losing. My manager we great. He taught me everything I needed to know about my job and to assist him when he wasn't able – more... to in the store. BUT he put himself first and some times took advantage of me being there instead of doing what he was supposed to do. The hardest part of the job was getting people to sign up for the store discount card. Everyone would say the same thing every time I asked, "No I don't really buy hats all that often." But they would be back just days later and make another purchase. The most enjoyable part was when my friends would drop in to say hey. – less
Dont apply to Lynnhaven
sales (Former Employee), Virginia Beach,VAMay 20, 2014
Pros: great discounts
Cons: not a thing
You want get any hours its a small store. If you don't get any hours in 3 weeks you get kicked out the system. Management sucks
great shows you how use customer service skills, how to be social, and how to get the job done good and right.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Matteson, ILMay 20, 2014
Pros: learned to work cash register, help customers, and be a great sales associate
Cons: little to no hours
A typical day would be me working with my manager running the floor as customers come in. I would help out all the customers and get them everything they needed to show my boss i still knew what i was doing since i didn't have too many hours.
Fun workplace but subpar upper management
Store Manager (Current Employee), Washington, PAMay 13, 2014
Learned that great team chemistry leads to results and Lids is all about culture and team play
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Lakewood, CAMay 13, 2014
If you like talking about sports all day to customers and you have a good in site on todays fashion, then Lids is a good place to work. Its a good environment with people who are just as hard working and dedicated as you.
Very fun place to work at.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYMay 12, 2014
Pros: everything i loved this job
This job was like a big family to me. We always had fun working and helping each other. I learned how to embroider clothes and Hats.
Fun job. Great co workers. Bad management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ashland, KYMay 9, 2014
Pros: great co workers. fun job.
Cons: bad management, no breaks, disrespectful.
Worked for lids for about a year. Store manager would leave work still clocked on. After our audit, they brought in the lost prevention lady and accused all of the staff of stealing hats, with no evidence to back this up. sometimes would work 5-8 hr shifts with no breaks at all. Other than that it was a fun job.
hORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK,NO GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: no breaks, no work/life balance at all.
a typical day at work consisted of strictly making budget 7 overseeing associates.cleanliness of store and keen eye for lp.
Great place to make a start
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 19, 2014
This company was a joy to be a part of and i would recommend it to anyone looking to get their feet wet in the work force.
Fun but could be better
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHApril 17, 2014
Pros: 40% off discount throughout the company, learning to do embroidery
Cons: no benefits for all types of managers
I like the interaction I could have with people, minus the rude/disrespectful ones.
It was very fast paced
Assistant Store Manger (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 9, 2014
Every day there was something new. It was a very fast paced place to work. I came into the company as an Assistant Manager so I always had to be on my game. I learned how to do stock and inventory and open and close the store.
Lids' Review
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYApril 8, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: small store
I have just started there so I can not really judge yet, so far I enjoy working there. Training is easy and the management team is very easy going and understanding.
Easy Days
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHApril 7, 2014
you cant go wrong working in a mall. Ups drops off shipments everyday and you just have to verify whats in box
love at first sight
customer service first (Former Employee), cambridgeApril 5, 2014
Pros: always busy, one product many styles
Absolutely love retail! While at lids the focus was the customers. The job is simple business. create bonds , loyalty and security for the customers sake. You simply find the right size hat. Product knowledge is all it take to excel.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 2, 2014
Working in tourist based location provided many different walks of life to be introduced. Learned many things about different cultures and nationalities created by a simple hat sale. The opportunities of upward mobility were available if desired. Guidance and encouragement was never at a low.
Great Company
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 1, 2014
Always fun and entertaining days. Customers always looking for advice and new ideas.

About Lids

Founded in 1995 and comprised of more than 800 mall-based, airport, street level and factory outlet stores nationwide, and in – Read more