Lids

Lids Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Knowledgable Experince
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: amazing work envirnment
A day as a Manager at Lids is very productive. from the minute we open the store till the minute we close the door at the end of the night.

Daily duties included, Inventory counts, daily task and target for staff, helping all customers with their needs,

working with Lids has taught me so much and its something i will always take with me.
Do not pay well enough
Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 3, 2014
They do not pay well enough for the tasks required. Incentive for staff is dismal and moral is low due to lack of understanding of how to run a business by upper management.
Productive and fun workplace with good team-work
Stagière en ventes (Current Employee), Brossard, QCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: none that i could think of
During work, we are productive and everyone does exceptional work in the workplace. Most days are usually pretty busy, but there are some relax days which are the ones I prefer, I get to connect with my co-workers and just relax for a bit. The hardest part of the job would be when there are absolutely no clients, but fortunately, that doesn't happen a lot. In overall, I enjoy my time working at Lids very much.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: expectation is high for single coverage store
I enjoyed my time at lids. The hat culture is huge!! Custom stitching is an interesting service to offer. A lot of fun to create.
associate
o Sales Associate (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 18, 2014
I was able to gain valuable experience with handle situation with aggravated people.
A Ship Without A Captain
Store Manager (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 8, 2014
Pros: everyone else at lids
Cons: extremely poor district management dm beaulieu
The apathetic and woefully lacking sales acumen of my District Manager makes working at Lids in District CA01 a trying experience.

Despite the fact I was the Top Manager in CA01 and one of the highest ranked managers in North America for KPI achievement.

The DM NEVER ONCE recognized or praised me for being the only manager to achieve store targets consistently over the last two years.

If you are in the market for a job, I highly recommend Lids. However, avoid any position which places you under the POOR management of DM Jason Beaulieu.
Fun relaxing place
Keyholder (Former Employee), Timmins OntarioJuly 2, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: management was up in the air a lot
not a very high traffic place so in the mean time we usually would sort out hats do stock and i learned how to embroider hats t shirts sweaters etc.
productive, fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJune 5, 2014
Pros: discount on hats and asscessories
Cons: not enough hours
was a very friendly environment enjoyed working there but not enough hours
Great Enviroment & Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 3, 2014
Great place to work if you enjoy hats, sports, well known name brands, and people. The management & co-workers are happy and easy to talk to
Lids Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 20, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: managment and no hours
If your in high school looking for extra pocket money.. this is the job for you.
Lids
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: meeting new people everyday :)
Cons: long hours sometimes
I loved working at lids it was a fast pase retail position. I learned how to do payroll, interviews, paperwork, shipping and receiving, audits, I managed shrink. The hardest part of my job thats a hard question but it would have to be taking on other roles other then my own. I am a very reilable person and I was taken advantage of to the fullest. I did enjoy going to work everyday and selling hats and designing hats to make my costumers happy. I enjoyed all the different costumers and working in a fast pase environment
Fun workplace working with good people
customer service, cashier, retail, opening (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCDecember 13, 2012
Pros: staff discount
Cons: wage, slow job
4-5 hr day.
Learned how to up sell, inventory, close.
Manager was a fun guy to work with.
Co workers were also fun to work with.
Dealing with some customers.
Staff discount, crew I worked with.
A very stressful and fast paced environment.
Salesman (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2012
Pros: close and easy to get to; good managment;
Cons: hours didn't really add up in pay. in other words pay wasn't overly great and there was no bonuses.
A typical day at work would be showing up and helping co-workers sell hats and lids cards along with embroidering.
Slow paced kiosk, no regard for availability
Sales representative & key holder (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 1, 2012
Pros: excessive free time
Cons: management changed constantly, employees changed constantly, visits from head office weren't frequent enough.
-Completed stock, organized and counted hats, sold hats, sold embroidery, sold accessories.
-I don't work well in slow paced environments
-New management, didn't understand the process of our daily activities
-Listened well, worked well as a team
-Counting hats and rendering discrepancies
-Interacting with customers
fun work place
Assistant Manager, Sales Operations (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 1, 2012
Pros: assistant manager
Cons: non-flexible hours
Lids is great, just needs a change in scenery they aren't flexible in hours, so I need to find something to fit my lifestyle.

About Lids

Founded in 1995 and comprised of more than 800 mall-based, airport, street level and factory outlet stores nationwide, and in – Read more