Lids

Lids Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Ship Without A Captain
Store Manager (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 8, 2014
Pros: everyone else at lids
Cons: extremely poor district management dm beaulieu
The apathetic and woefully lacking sales acumen of my District Manager makes working at Lids in District CA01 a trying experience.

Despite the fact I was the Top Manager in CA01 and one of the highest ranked managers in North America for KPI achievement.

The DM NEVER ONCE recognized or praised me for being the only manager to achieve store targets consistently over the last two years.

If you are in the market for a job, I highly recommend Lids. However, avoid any position which places you under the POOR management of DM Jason Beaulieu.
Fun and energetic work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Percentage off on products
Cons: Not enough hours
Typical day at work is very fun. Really nice co-workers to work with. Ive learned the how to be on point with my sales statics. Improving more each time i come to work so that i could be a better sales person.
The hardest part of my job was was pretty much not getting a full lunch time period because either not enough workers during the day or store will get busy during a regular work day.
The most enjoyable part would be meeting new clients and seeing old clients return because they love our service.
Lids
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: meeting new people everyday :)
Cons: long hours sometimes
I loved working at lids it was a fast pase retail position. I learned how to do payroll, interviews, paperwork, shipping and receiving, audits, I managed shrink. The hardest part of my job thats a hard question but it would have to be taking on other roles other then my own. I am a very reilable person and I was taken advantage of to the fullest. I did enjoy going to work everyday and selling hats and designing hats to make my costumers happy. I enjoyed all the different costumers and working in a fast pase environment
Great Career Starter
Manager (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Relaxed Dress Code, Fun Environment, Coaching for Success
Cons: Pay, Internal Development Beyond Store Manager
Lids is a great place to start a retail career. I was able to move up from a key holder to store manager quickly however that is about as far as you will be able to progress as the company doesn't often hire from within for DSM positions. Atmosphere is fun and relaxed. Company is driven by sales goals that are pretty easily reached and realistic. You won't have more fun working anywhere else in retail.
Slow paced kiosk, no regard for availability
Sales representative & key holder (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 1, 2012
Pros: excessive free time
Cons: management changed constantly, employees changed constantly, visits from head office weren't frequent enough.
-Completed stock, organized and counted hats, sold hats, sold embroidery, sold accessories.
-I don't work well in slow paced environments
-New management, didn't understand the process of our daily activities
-Listened well, worked well as a team
-Counting hats and rendering discrepancies
-Interacting with customers
Productive and fun workplace with good team-work
Stagière en ventes (Current Employee), Brossard, QCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: none that i could think of
During work, we are productive and everyone does exceptional work in the workplace. Most days are usually pretty busy, but there are some relax days which are the ones I prefer, I get to connect with my co-workers and just relax for a bit. The hardest part of the job would be when there are absolutely no clients, but fortunately, that doesn't happen a lot. In overall, I enjoy my time working at Lids very much.
Knowledgable Experince
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: amazing work envirnment
A day as a Manager at Lids is very productive. from the minute we open the store till the minute we close the door at the end of the night.

Daily duties included, Inventory counts, daily task and target for staff, helping all customers with their needs,

working with Lids has taught me so much and its something i will always take with me.
Great environment but District Manager was impossible to please
Store Manager (Former Employee), Moncton, NBDecember 9, 2015
Pros: Great discount, fun and challenging place for growth
Cons: long hours, difficult district manager
Truly enjoyed the work experience here. At times, expecatitions were a little lopsided but in the end, i am thankful for my experience there
A very stressful and fast paced environment.
Salesman (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2012
Pros: close and easy to get to; good managment;
Cons: hours didn't really add up in pay. in other words pay wasn't overly great and there was no bonuses.
A typical day at work would be showing up and helping co-workers sell hats and lids cards along with embroidering.
Fun workplace working with good people
customer service, cashier, retail, opening (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCDecember 13, 2012
Pros: staff discount
Cons: wage, slow job
4-5 hr day.
Learned how to up sell, inventory, close.
Manager was a fun guy to work with.
Co workers were also fun to work with.
Dealing with some customers.
Staff discount, crew I worked with.
Fun place to work if you love hats.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 5, 2016
I loved the job and my coworkers where great!
I learned alot from my DM and hope to continue working in managment.
lids is a fun place to work and the costomer are always great. I am alway eager to help a costomer find the that they are looking for.
Employee Review
Sales Agent (Former Employee), St. CatharinesOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Customer interactionn
Cons: Not challenging
A very laid back environment with great co workers. Management was also very relaxed and the most enjoyable part of working at lids would be the co workers who were fun to be around and work with.
Not Good, Not Bad
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cookstown, ONJuly 13, 2015
i mean management was disgraceful the way the entire company is run is crooked, from the direct manager right into your store. i worked their for 10 months an was never trained an was self taught everything.
Decent job, terrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Fun environment
Cons: sketchy company and upper management
Was a fun job and I met a lot of cool people, but the company and upper management itself is horrendous and treats the staff pretty poorly.
Terrible Company, decent staff
assistant store manager (Former Employee), Regina, SKDecember 17, 2015
Pros: Good discount
Cons: Unreliable
Company as a whole allows to much stuff to slip through the cracks.. Most people don't enjoy being called names and harassed about weight and other things.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: expectation is high for single coverage store
I enjoyed my time at lids. The hat culture is huge!! Custom stitching is an interesting service to offer. A lot of fun to create.
Fun relaxing place
Keyholder (Former Employee), Timmins OntarioJuly 2, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: management was up in the air a lot
not a very high traffic place so in the mean time we usually would sort out hats do stock and i learned how to embroider hats t shirts sweaters etc.
fun work place
Assistant Manager, Sales Operations (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 1, 2012
Pros: assistant manager
Cons: non-flexible hours
Lids is great, just needs a change in scenery they aren't flexible in hours, so I need to find something to fit my lifestyle.
Do not pay well enough
Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 3, 2014
They do not pay well enough for the tasks required. Incentive for staff is dismal and moral is low due to lack of understanding of how to run a business by upper management.
productive, fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJune 5, 2014
Pros: discount on hats and asscessories
Cons: not enough hours
was a very friendly environment enjoyed working there but not enough hours