Lids Employee Reviews in Canada

No complaints
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed my time over at Lids as I found myself gaining much needed experience in a sales position. As well I was involved with an array of different types of customers that allowed me to excel.
Great job overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONApril 4, 2016
Although that I worked at LIDS for a short time, I enjoyed every shift of it. The employees were great, managers would super friendly and the customers never gave a hard time. At LIDS, there are not many people you work with which creates a family environment within the store. The only tough part about working at LIDS would be once a week you would have to count thousands of hats to see if any of them were stolen or misplaced. Overall, working at LIDS was a great experience for me to learn how to sell correctly which is an important skill to have in the future.
Pros
Discount on the mall.
Cons
Was too young to be kept on.
I enjoy working at Lids as a job while I am completing school but do not feel as if it is a long term goal.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 2, 2016
A typical day at work would include meeting the customers needs along with completing various tasks within the store. Working as a team player is key within the company and it has helped me build long lasting relationships with not only my other coworkers but with customers as well.

I have learned a lot in regards to good customer service and showing initiative while working.

The management at this location is stellar. I have an amazing manager who has become a mentor for me and who has taught me many basic skills.

I would not consider my job as being "hard" in anyway. I think if I was to consider something to be difficult it would be to keep up in high traffic times(for example christmas) but overall I think it comes with time and experience in which i have gained over the years i've been working with the company.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and being a role model for the new staff.
Pros
Variety of people i get to meet
Productive and fun place
LOSS PREVENTION AUDITOR (RETAIL) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
It was great working for this company. I had a great DM and trained me very well. I have no regrets working for this company
Hard balancing school with work
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 8, 2016
It was hard balancing school with work due to the lack of staff and inappropriate scheduling. I would be scheduled for days that were not a part of my availability.
Benefits
Cons
Scheduling
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 3, 2016
very fun place to work but they are very cheap company,its only good if ur manager there other wise pay is bad but its very fun to work there
Fun place to work if you love hats.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 5, 2016
I loved the job and my coworkers where great!
I learned alot from my DM and hope to continue working in managment.
lids is a fun place to work and the costomer are always great. I am alway eager to help a costomer find the that they are looking for.
Terrible Company, decent staff
assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 17, 2015
Company as a whole allows to much stuff to slip through the cracks.. Most people don't enjoy being called names and harassed about weight and other things.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Unreliable
Great environment but District Manager was impossible to please
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBDecember 9, 2015
Truly enjoyed the work experience here. At times, expecatitions were a little lopsided but in the end, i am thankful for my experience there
Pros
Great discount, fun and challenging place for growth
Cons
long hours, difficult district manager
Great Career Starter
Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONDecember 1, 2015
Lids is a great place to start a retail career. I was able to move up from a key holder to store manager quickly however that is about as far as you will be able to progress as the company doesn't often hire from within for DSM positions. Atmosphere is fun and relaxed. Company is driven by sales goals that are pretty easily reached and realistic. You won't have more fun working anywhere else in retail.
Pros
Relaxed Dress Code, Fun Environment, Coaching for Success
Cons
Pay, Internal Development Beyond Store Manager
Employee Review
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  St. CatharinesOctober 14, 2015
A very laid back environment with great co workers. Management was also very relaxed and the most enjoyable part of working at lids would be the co workers who were fun to be around and work with.
Pros
Customer interactionn
Cons
Not challenging
Fun and energetic work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 30, 2015
Typical day at work is very fun. Really nice co-workers to work with. Ive learned the how to be on point with my sales statics. Improving more each time i come to work so that i could be a better sales person.
The hardest part of my job was was pretty much not getting a full lunch time period because either not enough workers during the day or store will get busy during a regular work day.
The most enjoyable part would be meeting new clients and seeing old clients return because they love our service.
Pros
Percentage off on products
Cons
Not enough hours
Not Good, Not Bad
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, ONJuly 13, 2015
i mean management was disgraceful the way the entire company is run is crooked, from the direct manager right into your store. i worked their for 10 months an was never trained an was self taught everything.
Decent job, terrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 9, 2015
Was a fun job and I met a lot of cool people, but the company and upper management itself is horrendous and treats the staff pretty poorly.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
sketchy company and upper management
Challenging and rewarding workplace
Key Holder (Full time) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 27, 2015
Challenging and rewarding retail company striving to be the best in the field.
Knowledgable Experince
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2015
A day as a Manager at Lids is very productive. from the minute we open the store till the minute we close the door at the end of the night.

Daily duties included, Inventory counts, daily task and target for staff, helping all customers with their needs,

working with Lids has taught me so much and its something i will always take with me.
Pros
amazing work envirnment
Do not pay well enough
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 3, 2014
They do not pay well enough for the tasks required. Incentive for staff is dismal and moral is low due to lack of understanding of how to run a business by upper management.
Productive and fun workplace with good team-work
Stagière en ventes (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QCNovember 4, 2014
During work, we are productive and everyone does exceptional work in the workplace. Most days are usually pretty busy, but there are some relax days which are the ones I prefer, I get to connect with my co-workers and just relax for a bit. The hardest part of the job would be when there are absolutely no clients, but fortunately, that doesn't happen a lot. In overall, I enjoy my time working at Lids very much.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
none that i could think of
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSSeptember 11, 2014
I enjoyed my time at lids. The hat culture is huge!! Custom stitching is an interesting service to offer. A lot of fun to create.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
expectation is high for single coverage store
associate
o Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 18, 2014
I was able to gain valuable experience with handle situation with aggravated people.