Lids Employee Reviews in Canada

Hard balancing school with work
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 8, 2016
It was hard balancing school with work due to the lack of staff and inappropriate scheduling. I would be scheduled for days that were not a part of my availability.
Benefits
Cons
Scheduling
I enjoy working at Lids as a job while I am completing school but do not feel as if it is a long term goal.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 2, 2016
A typical day at work would include meeting the customers needs along with completing various tasks within the store. Working as a team player is key within the company and it has helped me build long lasting relationships with not only my other coworkers but with customers as well.

I have learned a lot in regards to good customer service and showing initiative while working.

The management at this location is stellar. I have an amazing manager who has become a mentor for me and who has taught me many basic skills.

I would not consider my job as being "hard" in anyway. I think if I was to consider something to be difficult it would be to keep up in high traffic times(for example christmas) but overall I think it comes with time and experience in which i have gained over the years i've been working with the company.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and being a role model for the new staff.
Pros
Variety of people i get to meet
Great job overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONApril 4, 2016
Although that I worked at LIDS for a short time, I enjoyed every shift of it. The employees were great, managers would super friendly and the customers never gave a hard time. At LIDS, there are not many people you work with which creates a family environment within the store. The only tough part about working at LIDS would be once a week you would have to count thousands of hats to see if any of them were stolen or misplaced. Overall, working at LIDS was a great experience for me to learn how to sell correctly which is an important skill to have in the future.
Pros
Discount on the mall.
Cons
Was too young to be kept on.
District Manager/ Head Office
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCAugust 15, 2016
Head office and district managers didn't listen to staff who work on a daily basis. Company expectations were near unmatchable.
Pros
Good fellow co-workers
Cons
Higher management didn't care, stress, add ons.
Great Career Starter
Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONDecember 1, 2015
Lids is a great place to start a retail career. I was able to move up from a key holder to store manager quickly however that is about as far as you will be able to progress as the company doesn't often hire from within for DSM positions. Atmosphere is fun and relaxed. Company is driven by sales goals that are pretty easily reached and realistic. You won't have more fun working anywhere else in retail.
Pros
Relaxed Dress Code, Fun Environment, Coaching for Success
Cons
Pay, Internal Development Beyond Store Manager
No complaints
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed my time over at Lids as I found myself gaining much needed experience in a sales position. As well I was involved with an array of different types of customers that allowed me to excel.
A Ship Without A Captain
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJuly 8, 2014
The apathetic and woefully lacking sales acumen of my District Manager makes working at Lids in District CA01 a trying experience.

Despite the fact I was the Top Manager in CA01 and one of the highest ranked managers in North America for KPI achievement.

The DM NEVER ONCE recognized or praised me for being the only manager to achieve store targets consistently over the last two years.

If you are in the market for a job, I highly recommend Lids. However, avoid any position which places you under the POOR management of DM Jason Beaulieu.
Pros
everyone else at lids
Cons
extremely poor district management dm beaulieu
Great environment but District Manager was impossible to please
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBDecember 9, 2015
Truly enjoyed the work experience here. At times, expecatitions were a little lopsided but in the end, i am thankful for my experience there
Pros
Great discount, fun and challenging place for growth
Cons
long hours, difficult district manager
Productive and fun place
LOSS PREVENTION AUDITOR (RETAIL) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
It was great working for this company. I had a great DM and trained me very well. I have no regrets working for this company
Fun place to work if you love hats.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 5, 2016
I loved the job and my coworkers where great!
I learned alot from my DM and hope to continue working in managment.
lids is a fun place to work and the costomer are always great. I am alway eager to help a costomer find the that they are looking for.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 3, 2016
very fun place to work but they are very cheap company,its only good if ur manager there other wise pay is bad but its very fun to work there
Terrible Company, decent staff
assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 17, 2015
Company as a whole allows to much stuff to slip through the cracks.. Most people don't enjoy being called names and harassed about weight and other things.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Unreliable
Employee Review
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  St. CatharinesOctober 14, 2015
A very laid back environment with great co workers. Management was also very relaxed and the most enjoyable part of working at lids would be the co workers who were fun to be around and work with.
Pros
Customer interactionn
Cons
Not challenging
Fun and energetic work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 30, 2015
Typical day at work is very fun. Really nice co-workers to work with. Ive learned the how to be on point with my sales statics. Improving more each time i come to work so that i could be a better sales person.
The hardest part of my job was was pretty much not getting a full lunch time period because either not enough workers during the day or store will get busy during a regular work day.
The most enjoyable part would be meeting new clients and seeing old clients return because they love our service.
Pros
Percentage off on products
Cons
Not enough hours
Not Good, Not Bad
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, ONJuly 13, 2015
i mean management was disgraceful the way the entire company is run is crooked, from the direct manager right into your store. i worked their for 10 months an was never trained an was self taught everything.
Decent job, terrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 9, 2015
Was a fun job and I met a lot of cool people, but the company and upper management itself is horrendous and treats the staff pretty poorly.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
sketchy company and upper management
Lids
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 18, 2013
I loved working at lids it was a fast pase retail position. I learned how to do payroll, interviews, paperwork, shipping and receiving, audits, I managed shrink. The hardest part of my job thats a hard question but it would have to be taking on other roles other then my own. I am a very reilable person and I was taken advantage of to the fullest. I did enjoy going to work everyday and selling hats and designing hats to make my costumers happy. I enjoyed all the different costumers and working in a fast pase environment
Pros
meeting new people everyday :)
Cons
long hours sometimes
Fun relaxing place
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Timmins OntarioJuly 2, 2014
not a very high traffic place so in the mean time we usually would sort out hats do stock and i learned how to embroider hats t shirts sweaters etc.
Pros
Cons
management was up in the air a lot
Slow paced kiosk, no regard for availability
Sales representative & key holder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 1, 2012
-Completed stock, organized and counted hats, sold hats, sold embroidery, sold accessories.
-I don't work well in slow paced environments
-New management, didn't understand the process of our daily activities
-Listened well, worked well as a team
-Counting hats and rendering discrepancies
-Interacting with customers
Pros
excessive free time
Cons
management changed constantly, employees changed constantly, visits from head office weren't frequent enough.
Productive and fun workplace with good team-work
Stagière en ventes (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QCNovember 4, 2014
During work, we are productive and everyone does exceptional work in the workplace. Most days are usually pretty busy, but there are some relax days which are the ones I prefer, I get to connect with my co-workers and just relax for a bit. The hardest part of the job would be when there are absolutely no clients, but fortunately, that doesn't happen a lot. In overall, I enjoy my time working at Lids very much.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
none that i could think of

2.9