A LIDS Loss Prevention Auditor conducts loss prevention investigations, physical inventories, and policy compliance audits. A LIDS LPA is also responsible for training field personnel on company LP policies, as well as, monitoring exception reporting and CCTV to help prevent fraud and theft.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Audits store records and interviews employees to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with company policies and applicable laws.
2. Conducts investigations into internal and external fraud, theft and policy violations.
3. Monitors exception software to detect potential loss of assets via POS data.
4. Examines store operating procedures for compliance with standard procedures and policies.
5. Inspects store accounting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value.
6. Assesses the proper accountability of assets by conducting inventory audit
7. Prepares and submits audit findings and makes recommendations to RD’s, DSM’s, HR and other appropriate personnel.
8. Communicates with HR, DSM’s, RD’s and local police in conducting investigations.
9. Conducts special studies for management such as those required to discover mechanics of detected fraud and to develop controls for fraud prevention.
10. Communicates with DSM’s with regards to compliance of store personnel with established company policies, procedures and guidelines including but not limited to, company inventory, funds and property.
11. Support and adhere to all company policies, procedures and guideline.
12. Communicate with employees at all levels of the company.
13. Provide excellent customer service as outlined in the HW&L policy manual.
14. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
1. Four year degree in business or a related field or; two year degree in a related field, and at least one year of relevant experience or; equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Proven ability to perform independently with minimal supervision.
3. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally in a clear, audible, and grammatically correct manner.
4. Ability to operate a keyboard as well as maneuver relative software programs.
5. Posses a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive an automobile.
6. Ability to climb a ladder and work with arms overhead.
7. Standing required for up to 80% of the work time.
8. Viewing a computer screen for up to 30% of the work time.
9. Operating a computer keyboard for up to 50% of the work time
10. Ability and willingness to travel overnight for business purposes
Reports to: Field Operations Manager, LP
We have an immediate LP Auditor opening for our LP Region 12 based out of Toronto, ON. LP Region 12 is currently a 101 store region that includes all our stores in Canada, stretching from coast to coast. We will likely place another LP asset in Western Canada within the next 18 months, which will bring Region 12 down to around 80 stores. Your home office will serve as your base, and the ideal job location is based out of the Greater Toronto area. Travel time will be approximately 60% car and 40% air. This is an exciting, successful, and growing company, and our LP Department mirrors that. It’s a challenging position, and the person who lands this opportunity will be an all in one LP asset who "shoots" physical inventories, analyzes exception reports, conducts internal and external investigations, and communicates with virtually all departments. Non-negotiable “must haves” in order to apply include the willingness and ability to travel, and a sincere passion for LP and your career. My contact information: Todd Campbell, CFI - Sr. Manager, LIDS Sports Group Loss Prevention; Office: 317.333.5300 Cell: 317.523.7113 Fax: 317.333.5996