Liberty Tax Service Employee Reviews

Good atmosphere for gaining experience
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON29 August 2016
The tax season is short but you will learn a ton and meet some great people. Many accounting students use Liberty Tax Service for their co-op placement. The training is extensive and the company is there to help with any situation you might run across. Liberty Tax Service offers a great introduction into the world of personal income taxes. For anyone considering a career in the field, I recommend a season at Liberty Tax to help make your decision.
Pros
Continuous learning, excellent support and management
Cons
Low pay, short season
Productive yet slow work environment.
Trainee Tax Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
I learned from supervisors how to file tax returns and the many processes that go along with it. I volunteered and observed how working at a tax filing service company and apply my course work in real life, which is what I enjoyed most.
It was a stage for three weeks
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QC23 August 2016
I learnt a lot from them. Proud to have worked in my field. I got through the tax part but didnt have time to go into the accounting part which i was promised but it didnt work out since his employee came back from leave and said that i couldnt continue the stage since he needed his employee to take over the rest of the work. What a responsible way to handle a stage student.
Professional, fun loving.
Reception/ Administration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2016
The typical work day consisted of greeting clients, booking client meetings with tax preparers as well as filing client documents. Through this position I learned how to prepare an efficient filing system for tax preparation that ensures all client files would be completed in an orderly and timely manner.
Productive while fun
Tax Preparer and more (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC17 June 2016
Able to spend time with clients to get to know them - that is when we can really find out if we are missing anything with their taxes

Tax preparation and adjustments

Follow up with CRA on assessments

Finding other ways to help the client fiancially

Tweaking the program to match our needs

Playing with the program to understand what it can and can not do
Pros
clients and staff, ability to learn as I need
Cons
long hours during tax season
Tax place
Receptionist and Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB25 August 2016
Large company, private owners, friendly environment, with nice people to work with. First point of contact with customers. Good area to work in. Steady customer flow
Good work, but too seasonal and difficult to keep good staff
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 May 2016
Lots of work to do, but highly seasonal employment. Often somewhat thankless, but occasionally very rewarding. Typical days at work range from 6-16 clients, 8-10 per shift is the sweet spot for volume while still providing enough time for other office functions.
Excellent Atmosphere
Senior Income Tax Return Preparer (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE17 May 2016
It was easy to remain relaxed even during the most hectic days. I was able to build skills here that will last a lifetime. The owner and store manager are great to work for!
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Seasonal
Liberty Tax Service Review
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MI4 April 2016
I would suggest working at Liberty Tax Service to someone who is either preparing for the Enrolled Agent exam, recently passed the Enrolled Agent exam, or someone who is interested in Tax.

With Liberty Tax Service, promotion is available if you demonstrate your capability.
Not employee friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB20 January 2016
Typical day at work was arriving a couple hours early to clean the offices and reception area up to my standards. At 9 am I would open the doors for clients to come in to have their personal taxes done by one of the preparers. Did filing, register clients, answer phone and helped preparers out if needed.
1 year was fantastic but the business was sold and the new employer was not very in tune with how to work WITH her staff.
Cons
No lunch break. Ate when I could.
Great Place to work
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON24 March 2016
Great Place to Work always spoiled their employees.Awesome staff and Training ! Enjoy working with my staff and co workers and love interacting with the customers .
Pros
Great Place
Cons
N/A
Good Experience.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2015
Liberty Tax Service is a good workplace environment that I could bring what I have learn from college to the real life. I also have achieved experience with the help from the good manager and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult tax cases that I have not done before. However, this is the most enjoyable part because I could learn more knowledge and experience.
Pros
Achieving professional experience.
Cons
Long hours working at the end of tax season.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Elmvale, ON20 January 2016
I really enjoy building and maintaining relationships with clients, and being able to help them through a stressful tax season.
Accountant
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 October 2015
As an accountant working for people is fun. working with people, preparing their Personal Taxes, and Preparing HST report, WSIB report and the Corporate tax for businesses is interesting.
Pros
Growing with the company.
Cons
Lots to learn.
Great Learning experience
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 November 2014
• Approved clients for Instant Refund by subjectively assessing personal tax history and situation
• Communicated with CRA to obtain client information regarding Instant Refunds
• Structured tax returns using knowledge of tax provisions to minimize clients taxes owing
• Consulted clients on tax planning strategies ensuring tax structure met client’s future financial goals
• Gained knowledge of ITA sections by dealing with uncommon tax situations
• Completed small business and self employment tax returns
• Supported staff by educating them on taxation rules in order to ensure accurate tax returns
• Reviewed all office tax returns, resulting in an accuracy of 100%
More then just in a costume
Mascot (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 September 2015
Greeting the customers and showing great customer service. I even Answer phone calls. I Shredded paper and cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed and cleaned the dusted areas. I also took out the trash.
Pros
Being friendly to the customers
I would go back to work for this company if there were position available.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC25 July 2012
My coworkers were pleasant and knowledgeable with the programs that were in use.

It gave me pleasure to report in for work each day. However, there were many days that I was scheduled to work only to be told that I was not needed and be sent home.

I was not aware that this job was seasonal when I hired on, but was willing to take on the position. The training that I received was intense but easy to understand and well presented. The company paid for my training time and treated me very well.
Pros
great people, good work ethics and professional appearances.
Cons
not enough reliable hours and too short a season.
Great Learning Experience
Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON15 January 2012
Liberty Tax Service was an amazing place to co-op with for the employees were nice and great teachers, they helped me learn so much with Income Tax Preparations and even gave me a shot to impress them with the use of the Simply Accounting software. The clients knew exactly who they were to look for and the employees always seemed to know exactly what the client wanted. This made teaching me easier and I even got to do a few income taxes on my own including an employees. This experience has made me really enjoy the Taxation Processes and is what made me want to go through school to eventually become an Auditor.
Pros
nice people, good office environment
Cons
little parking available
Productive and a fun place to work
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB7 March 2013
I enjoy my job. It is alot of fun working with the public. We try to keep a well balanced envirnoment with the clients we serve. The clients leave in happy moods even if they have a balance due. We try to make the best out of any situation that may arise. My co-workers are wonderful to work with. They are also very helpful if a problem arises with the clients, ex: they have a disability not sure what to do. We talk to them and assure them that everything will work out in the end.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
I experienced a very fun employment timeline while at Liberty Tax Service in Brantford, Ontario
Mascot (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 May 2012
I would say to anyone who didn't want to become a mascot to try it, because it is so much fun. When I worked at Liberty Tax Service, a typical day was to show up for my shift, make a pot of coffee, and then go outside and promote the company by dancing waving signs and talking to people on the street. I had one or two co-workers because the company's store was not that big, but they were fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of this job was promoting the company in a fun way, and listening to people 'honk' as they drove by. The hardest part of the job that I experienced was trying to see straight out of the costume.
Pros
making people smile, promoting the company in a fun way

Liberty Tax Service Reviews by Location