Liberty Tax Service Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive while fun
Tax Preparer and more (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJune 17, 2016
Able to spend time with clients to get to know them - that is when we can really find out if we are missing anything with their taxes

Tax preparation and adjustments

Follow up with CRA on assessments

Finding other ways to help the client fiancially

Tweaking the program to match our needs

Playing with the program to understand what it can and can not do
Pros
clients and staff, ability to learn as I need
Cons
long hours during tax season
It was a stage for three weeks
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QCAugust 23, 2016
I learnt a lot from them. Proud to have worked in my field. I got through the tax part but didnt have time to go into the accounting part which i was promised but it didnt work out since his employee came back from leave and said that i couldnt continue the stage since he needed his employee to take over the rest of the work. What a responsible way to handle a stage student.
Professional, fun loving.
Reception/ Administration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 18, 2016
The typical work day consisted of greeting clients, booking client meetings with tax preparers as well as filing client documents. Through this position I learned how to prepare an efficient filing system for tax preparation that ensures all client files would be completed in an orderly and timely manner.
Good work, but too seasonal and difficult to keep good staff
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 17, 2016
Lots of work to do, but highly seasonal employment. Often somewhat thankless, but occasionally very rewarding. Typical days at work range from 6-16 clients, 8-10 per shift is the sweet spot for volume while still providing enough time for other office functions.
Liberty Tax Service Review
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIApril 4, 2016
I would suggest working at Liberty Tax Service to someone who is either preparing for the Enrolled Agent exam, recently passed the Enrolled Agent exam, or someone who is interested in Tax.

With Liberty Tax Service, promotion is available if you demonstrate your capability.
Not employee friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Typical day at work was arriving a couple hours early to clean the offices and reception area up to my standards. At 9 am I would open the doors for clients to come in to have their personal taxes done by one of the preparers. Did filing, register clients, answer phone and helped preparers out if needed.
1 year was fantastic but the business was sold and the new employer was not very in tune with how to work WITH her staff.
Cons
No lunch break. Ate when I could.
Excellent Atmosphere
Senior Income Tax Return Preparer (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEMay 17, 2016
It was easy to remain relaxed even during the most hectic days. I was able to build skills here that will last a lifetime. The owner and store manager are great to work for!
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Seasonal
Great Place to work
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONMarch 24, 2016
Great Place to Work always spoiled their employees.Awesome staff and Training ! Enjoy working with my staff and co workers and love interacting with the customers .
Pros
Great Place
Cons
N/A
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Elmvale, ONJanuary 20, 2016
I really enjoy building and maintaining relationships with clients, and being able to help them through a stressful tax season.
Good Experience.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2015
Liberty Tax Service is a good workplace environment that I could bring what I have learn from college to the real life. I also have achieved experience with the help from the good manager and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult tax cases that I have not done before. However, this is the most enjoyable part because I could learn more knowledge and experience.
Pros
Achieving professional experience.
Cons
Long hours working at the end of tax season.
Accountant
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 10, 2015
As an accountant working for people is fun. working with people, preparing their Personal Taxes, and Preparing HST report, WSIB report and the Corporate tax for businesses is interesting.
Pros
Growing with the company.
Cons
Lots to learn.
Good people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 2, 2015
Good corporate and community atmosphere. Supports Humane society's and other organizations. Always nice to work somewhere that you get to help people.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Seasonal
More then just in a costume
Mascot (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONSeptember 18, 2015
Greeting the customers and showing great customer service. I even Answer phone calls. I Shredded paper and cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed and cleaned the dusted areas. I also took out the trash.
Pros
Being friendly to the customers
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Income Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2015
NEED TO BE HARD WORKING.A FAST LEARNING PLACE.A CHALLENGING PLACE TO WORKS.NEED BASIC QUALIFICATION TO DO THE JOB.IT IS REQUIRED TGO KNOW THE CLIENT AND THEIR NEEDS
Fun atmosphere. I have met a lot of interesting people with a story to tell and I like to be the sounding board for our clients.
Office Manager/Tax preparer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioJuly 9, 2015
review
Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ONAugust 31, 2015
I enjoyed the job at first. Employer pulled personal life into the office and tried to engage other employees to get involved. I did learn a lot through my employment
Great Learning experience
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 9, 2014
• Approved clients for Instant Refund by subjectively assessing personal tax history and situation
• Communicated with CRA to obtain client information regarding Instant Refunds
• Structured tax returns using knowledge of tax provisions to minimize clients taxes owing
• Consulted clients on tax planning strategies ensuring tax structure met client’s future financial goals
• Gained knowledge of ITA sections by dealing with uncommon tax situations
• Completed small business and self employment tax returns
• Supported staff by educating them on taxation rules in order to ensure accurate tax returns
• Reviewed all office tax returns, resulting in an accuracy of 100%
Fun and out going place.
Waver.(Part-time) Innisfil (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ONApril 22, 2015
it is full of hard work and lots of dancing. what i learned is lots of stuff. management was grate. the hardest part of the job was the weather of the out doors. the best part was the money.
Pros
free snaks
Cons
short hours
a slow but easy job
flier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville. onMarch 31, 2015
its usually slow days of filing and paperwork. learn how to do taxes and how to file documents. the manger is a easy going dude. its a small staff 2-3 people all careful. the hardest part is all where to put stuff. good pay.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
short shifts
I would go back to work for this company if there were position available.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJuly 25, 2012
My coworkers were pleasant and knowledgeable with the programs that were in use.

It gave me pleasure to report in for work each day. However, there were many days that I was scheduled to work only to be told that I was not needed and be sent home.

I was not aware that this job was seasonal when I hired on, but was willing to take on the position. The training that I received was intense but easy to understand and well presented. The company paid for my training time and treated me very well.
Pros
great people, good work ethics and professional appearances.
Cons
not enough reliable hours and too short a season.

Liberty Tax Service Reviews by Location