Liberty Tax Service Employee Reviews in Canada

Liberty Tax Service Review
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIApril 4, 2016
I would suggest working at Liberty Tax Service to someone who is either preparing for the Enrolled Agent exam, recently passed the Enrolled Agent exam, or someone who is interested in Tax.

With Liberty Tax Service, promotion is available if you demonstrate your capability.
Not employee friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Typical day at work was arriving a couple hours early to clean the offices and reception area up to my standards. At 9 am I would open the doors for clients to come in to have their personal taxes done by one of the preparers. Did filing, register clients, answer phone and helped preparers out if needed.
1 year was fantastic but the business was sold and the new employer was not very in tune with how to work WITH her staff.
Cons
No lunch break. Ate when I could.
Excellent Atmosphere
Senior Income Tax Return Preparer (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEMay 17, 2016
It was easy to remain relaxed even during the most hectic days. I was able to build skills here that will last a lifetime. The owner and store manager are great to work for!
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Seasonal
Great Place to work
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONMarch 24, 2016
Great Place to Work always spoiled their employees.Awesome staff and Training ! Enjoy working with my staff and co workers and love interacting with the customers .
Pros
Great Place
Cons
N/A
Good Experience.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2015
Liberty Tax Service is a good workplace environment that I could bring what I have learn from college to the real life. I also have achieved experience with the help from the good manager and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult tax cases that I have not done before. However, this is the most enjoyable part because I could learn more knowledge and experience.
Pros
Achieving professional experience.
Cons
Long hours working at the end of tax season.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Elmvale, ONJanuary 20, 2016
I really enjoy building and maintaining relationships with clients, and being able to help them through a stressful tax season.
Good people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 2, 2015
Good corporate and community atmosphere. Supports Humane society's and other organizations. Always nice to work somewhere that you get to help people.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Seasonal
Accountant
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 10, 2015
As an accountant working for people is fun. working with people, preparing their Personal Taxes, and Preparing HST report, WSIB report and the Corporate tax for businesses is interesting.
Pros
Growing with the company.
Cons
Lots to learn.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Income Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2015
NEED TO BE HARD WORKING.A FAST LEARNING PLACE.A CHALLENGING PLACE TO WORKS.NEED BASIC QUALIFICATION TO DO THE JOB.IT IS REQUIRED TGO KNOW THE CLIENT AND THEIR NEEDS
Taxes
Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2014
A typical work day was 8 hrs depending on the day& weather as well. Learned how to do income taxes& learn other areas of the work force as well. Everyone would trained at the same time in a small group& than everyone had a work station where they had to attained to customers so we would not talk at busy time till we had some time free in between customers to compare notes. The enjoyable part was getting your taxes free.
Pros
higher salary
Cons
seasonal
More then just in a costume
Mascot (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONSeptember 18, 2015
Greeting the customers and showing great customer service. I even Answer phone calls. I Shredded paper and cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed and cleaned the dusted areas. I also took out the trash.
Pros
Being friendly to the customers
flexible schedule
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 30, 2015
Not to bad for a part time job, training not to good, management ok, it is not the dream job, but to get extra money on the tax season is ok
review
Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ONAugust 31, 2015
I enjoyed the job at first. Employer pulled personal life into the office and tried to engage other employees to get involved. I did learn a lot through my employment
Fun atmosphere. I have met a lot of interesting people with a story to tell and I like to be the sounding board for our clients.
Office Manager/Tax preparer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioJuly 9, 2015
Fun and out going place.
Waver.(Part-time) Innisfil (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ONApril 22, 2015
it is full of hard work and lots of dancing. what i learned is lots of stuff. management was grate. the hardest part of the job was the weather of the out doors. the best part was the money.
Pros
free snaks
Cons
short hours
Warm working environment with an excellent manager
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2012
Every day is an exciting day. I deal with different types of people. I prepare tax return for our clients.
I've learn a lot about how tax owing or balance is computed. I learn that language is not a barrier, but a challenge to test and practice my communication ability.
According to my manager, all of my work was completed in a very satisfactory manner.
My co-workers are very helpful to me especially on my first three days when I am trying to understand the whole process of my job.
I really can't remember a hardest part of the job. I consider the things that I don't understand as a challenge for me to be a better worker.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have lots of clients. The busier day, the better.
Pros
everybody in the office are nice people.
Cons
there's no place for advancement. job is seasonal.
bookkeeping, tax
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  TORONTO, ONMay 25, 2015
I entered the all transaction in the accounting system .
I prepared different accounting records.
I made adjustments and end-year records.
Great Learning experience
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 9, 2014
• Approved clients for Instant Refund by subjectively assessing personal tax history and situation
• Communicated with CRA to obtain client information regarding Instant Refunds
• Structured tax returns using knowledge of tax provisions to minimize clients taxes owing
• Consulted clients on tax planning strategies ensuring tax structure met client’s future financial goals
• Gained knowledge of ITA sections by dealing with uncommon tax situations
• Completed small business and self employment tax returns
• Supported staff by educating them on taxation rules in order to ensure accurate tax returns
• Reviewed all office tax returns, resulting in an accuracy of 100%
Productive and a fun place to work
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MBMarch 7, 2013
I enjoy my job. It is alot of fun working with the public. We try to keep a well balanced envirnoment with the clients we serve. The clients leave in happy moods even if they have a balance due. We try to make the best out of any situation that may arise. My co-workers are wonderful to work with. They are also very helpful if a problem arises with the clients, ex: they have a disability not sure what to do. We talk to them and assure them that everything will work out in the end.
Pros
working with the public
a slow but easy job
flier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville. onMarch 31, 2015
its usually slow days of filing and paperwork. learn how to do taxes and how to file documents. the manger is a easy going dude. its a small staff 2-3 people all careful. the hardest part is all where to put stuff. good pay.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
short shifts