Liberty Tax Service Employee Reviews

Liberty Tax Service Review
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIApril 4, 2016
I would suggest working at Liberty Tax Service to someone who is either preparing for the Enrolled Agent exam, recently passed the Enrolled Agent exam, or someone who is interested in Tax.

With Liberty Tax Service, promotion is available if you demonstrate your capability.
Productive while fun
Tax Preparer and more (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJune 17, 2016
Able to spend time with clients to get to know them - that is when we can really find out if we are missing anything with their taxes

Tax preparation and adjustments

Follow up with CRA on assessments

Finding other ways to help the client fiancially

Tweaking the program to match our needs

Playing with the program to understand what it can and can not do
Pros
clients and staff, ability to learn as I need
Cons
long hours during tax season
It was a stage for three weeks
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QCAugust 23, 2016
I learnt a lot from them. Proud to have worked in my field. I got through the tax part but didnt have time to go into the accounting part which i was promised but it didnt work out since his employee came back from leave and said that i couldnt continue the stage since he needed his employee to take over the rest of the work. What a responsible way to handle a stage student.
Professional, fun loving.
Reception/ Administration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 18, 2016
The typical work day consisted of greeting clients, booking client meetings with tax preparers as well as filing client documents. Through this position I learned how to prepare an efficient filing system for tax preparation that ensures all client files would be completed in an orderly and timely manner.
Good work, but too seasonal and difficult to keep good staff
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 17, 2016
Lots of work to do, but highly seasonal employment. Often somewhat thankless, but occasionally very rewarding. Typical days at work range from 6-16 clients, 8-10 per shift is the sweet spot for volume while still providing enough time for other office functions.
Tax place
Receptionist and Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABAugust 25, 2016
Large company, private owners, friendly environment, with nice people to work with. First point of contact with customers. Good area to work in. Steady customer flow
Excellent Atmosphere
Senior Income Tax Return Preparer (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEMay 17, 2016
It was easy to remain relaxed even during the most hectic days. I was able to build skills here that will last a lifetime. The owner and store manager are great to work for!
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Seasonal
Great Place to work
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONMarch 24, 2016
Great Place to Work always spoiled their employees.Awesome staff and Training ! Enjoy working with my staff and co workers and love interacting with the customers .
Pros
Great Place
Cons
N/A
Not employee friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Typical day at work was arriving a couple hours early to clean the offices and reception area up to my standards. At 9 am I would open the doors for clients to come in to have their personal taxes done by one of the preparers. Did filing, register clients, answer phone and helped preparers out if needed.
1 year was fantastic but the business was sold and the new employer was not very in tune with how to work WITH her staff.
Cons
No lunch break. Ate when I could.
Good Experience.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2015
Liberty Tax Service is a good workplace environment that I could bring what I have learn from college to the real life. I also have achieved experience with the help from the good manager and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult tax cases that I have not done before. However, this is the most enjoyable part because I could learn more knowledge and experience.
Pros
Achieving professional experience.
Cons
Long hours working at the end of tax season.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Elmvale, ONJanuary 20, 2016
I really enjoy building and maintaining relationships with clients, and being able to help them through a stressful tax season.
Warm working environment with an excellent manager
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2012
Every day is an exciting day. I deal with different types of people. I prepare tax return for our clients.
I've learn a lot about how tax owing or balance is computed. I learn that language is not a barrier, but a challenge to test and practice my communication ability.
According to my manager, all of my work was completed in a very satisfactory manner.
My co-workers are very helpful to me especially on my first three days when I am trying to understand the whole process of my job.
I really can't remember a hardest part of the job. I consider the things that I don't understand as a challenge for me to be a better worker.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have lots of clients. The busier day, the better.
Pros
everybody in the office are nice people.
Cons
there's no place for advancement. job is seasonal.
Good people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 2, 2015
Good corporate and community atmosphere. Supports Humane society's and other organizations. Always nice to work somewhere that you get to help people.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Seasonal
flexible schedule
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 30, 2015
Not to bad for a part time job, training not to good, management ok, it is not the dream job, but to get extra money on the tax season is ok
Accountant
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 10, 2015
As an accountant working for people is fun. working with people, preparing their Personal Taxes, and Preparing HST report, WSIB report and the Corporate tax for businesses is interesting.
Pros
Growing with the company.
Cons
Lots to learn.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Income Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2015
NEED TO BE HARD WORKING.A FAST LEARNING PLACE.A CHALLENGING PLACE TO WORKS.NEED BASIC QUALIFICATION TO DO THE JOB.IT IS REQUIRED TGO KNOW THE CLIENT AND THEIR NEEDS
Great Place to work with
Bookkeeper, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 5, 2013
Typical day consisted of working on bookkeeping on client accounts. The managers were nice and helped train inexperienced employees.
Pros
good culture
Cons
Fun and out going place.
Waver.(Part-time) Innisfil (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ONApril 22, 2015
it is full of hard work and lots of dancing. what i learned is lots of stuff. management was grate. the hardest part of the job was the weather of the out doors. the best part was the money.
Pros
free snaks
Cons
short hours
More then just in a costume
Mascot (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONSeptember 18, 2015
Greeting the customers and showing great customer service. I even Answer phone calls. I Shredded paper and cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed and cleaned the dusted areas. I also took out the trash.
Pros
Being friendly to the customers
Productive and a fun place to work
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MBMarch 7, 2013
I enjoy my job. It is alot of fun working with the public. We try to keep a well balanced envirnoment with the clients we serve. The clients leave in happy moods even if they have a balance due. We try to make the best out of any situation that may arise. My co-workers are wonderful to work with. They are also very helpful if a problem arises with the clients, ex: they have a disability not sure what to do. We talk to them and assure them that everything will work out in the end.
Pros
working with the public

Liberty Tax Service Reviews by Location