Liberty Tax Service Employee Reviews

Fun to work when you have awesome music
Mascot (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2017
I got hired when I was 18, rehired when I was 19 and worked there one last time when I was 21.. I was the red maple leaf. It was a job I wouldn't have gone for if I didn't need the money but it paid the bills. Unfortunately, I was fired on the day I was moving in with my beloved, on my way to work, I had to set up my guinea pigs cage before heading out which took longer than I thought it would have. No chance of going up the latter
Good experience for students.
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 March 2017
Really good job for people that like business and mathematics. Everyone is really friendly and will try their best to teach you about the tax business and laws.
Pros
Good experience.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Easy going
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC10 February 2017
Typical day of work involved faxing forms off to get additional information that is needed for someones taxes, answering the phone, photocopying receipts, making coffee, putting information in client files on the computer. I learned how to input information in the appropriate fields to help out the tax preppers. The hardest part of the job was trying not to confuse the fax numbers for the all the reserves, to get information to certain people. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the people I met
Productive yet slow work environment.
Trainee Tax Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
I learned from supervisors how to file tax returns and the many processes that go along with it. I volunteered and observed how working at a tax filing service company and apply my course work in real life, which is what I enjoyed most.
Good atmosphere for gaining experience
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON29 August 2016
The tax season is short but you will learn a ton and meet some great people. Many accounting students use Liberty Tax Service for their co-op placement. The training is extensive and the company is there to help with any situation you might run across. Liberty Tax Service offers a great introduction into the world of personal income taxes. For anyone considering a career in the field, I recommend a season at Liberty Tax to help make your decision.
Pros
Continuous learning, excellent support and management
Cons
Low pay, short season
Tax place
Receptionist and Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB25 August 2016
Large company, private owners, friendly environment, with nice people to work with. First point of contact with customers. Good area to work in. Steady customer flow
It was a stage for three weeks
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QC23 August 2016
I learnt a lot from them. Proud to have worked in my field. I got through the tax part but didnt have time to go into the accounting part which i was promised but it didnt work out since his employee came back from leave and said that i couldnt continue the stage since he needed his employee to take over the rest of the work. What a responsible way to handle a stage student.
Professional, fun loving.
Reception/ Administration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2016
The typical work day consisted of greeting clients, booking client meetings with tax preparers as well as filing client documents. Through this position I learned how to prepare an efficient filing system for tax preparation that ensures all client files would be completed in an orderly and timely manner.
Productive while fun
Tax Preparer and more (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC17 June 2016
Able to spend time with clients to get to know them - that is when we can really find out if we are missing anything with their taxes

Tax preparation and adjustments

Follow up with CRA on assessments

Finding other ways to help the client fiancially

Tweaking the program to match our needs

Playing with the program to understand what it can and can not do
Pros
clients and staff, ability to learn as I need
Cons
long hours during tax season
Good work, but too seasonal and difficult to keep good staff
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 May 2016
Lots of work to do, but highly seasonal employment. Often somewhat thankless, but occasionally very rewarding. Typical days at work range from 6-16 clients, 8-10 per shift is the sweet spot for volume while still providing enough time for other office functions.
Excellent Atmosphere
Senior Income Tax Return Preparer (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE17 May 2016
It was easy to remain relaxed even during the most hectic days. I was able to build skills here that will last a lifetime. The owner and store manager are great to work for!
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Seasonal
Liberty Tax Service Review
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MI4 April 2016
I would suggest working at Liberty Tax Service to someone who is either preparing for the Enrolled Agent exam, recently passed the Enrolled Agent exam, or someone who is interested in Tax.

With Liberty Tax Service, promotion is available if you demonstrate your capability.
Great Place to work
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON24 March 2016
Great Place to Work always spoiled their employees.Awesome staff and Training ! Enjoy working with my staff and co workers and love interacting with the customers .
Pros
Great Place
Cons
N/A
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Elmvale, ON20 January 2016
I really enjoy building and maintaining relationships with clients, and being able to help them through a stressful tax season.
Not employee friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB20 January 2016
Typical day at work was arriving a couple hours early to clean the offices and reception area up to my standards. At 9 am I would open the doors for clients to come in to have their personal taxes done by one of the preparers. Did filing, register clients, answer phone and helped preparers out if needed.
1 year was fantastic but the business was sold and the new employer was not very in tune with how to work WITH her staff.
Cons
No lunch break. Ate when I could.
Good people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 November 2015
Good corporate and community atmosphere. Supports Humane society's and other organizations. Always nice to work somewhere that you get to help people.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Seasonal
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Income Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2015
NEED TO BE HARD WORKING.A FAST LEARNING PLACE.A CHALLENGING PLACE TO WORKS.NEED BASIC QUALIFICATION TO DO THE JOB.IT IS REQUIRED TGO KNOW THE CLIENT AND THEIR NEEDS
Accountant
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 October 2015
As an accountant working for people is fun. working with people, preparing their Personal Taxes, and Preparing HST report, WSIB report and the Corporate tax for businesses is interesting.
Pros
Growing with the company.
Cons
Lots to learn.
More then just in a costume
Mascot (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 September 2015
Greeting the customers and showing great customer service. I even Answer phone calls. I Shredded paper and cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed and cleaned the dusted areas. I also took out the trash.
Pros
Being friendly to the customers
review
Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON31 August 2015
I enjoyed the job at first. Employer pulled personal life into the office and tried to engage other employees to get involved. I did learn a lot through my employment

80%