Liberty Tax Service Employee Reviews

decent
Tax Return Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2018
good place to work at. helpful management. good work and life balance. the pay is decent . it gets busy in the tax season but it will slow down after
Great place to gain experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 January 2018
As a past employee at Liberty Tax i had the opportunity to gain some great experiences as this was my first job. I also obtained new skills such as taking in clients information, filing their tax returns and calling clients if any issues occurred with their taxes that my co workers had been doing.
Pros
gained experience
Cons
can be stressful
Productive and fun workplace
Tax Associate & Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 December 2017
The company offers flexibility in work-life balance and the opportunity for continuous learning throughout the year. The workload increases seasonally.
Boring but a good Job
Staff (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 November 2017
The Main thing I learned From this job is that it is very boring to be a mascot. people might think that being a mascot is easy but standing on your feet doing nothing for 5 hours a day is very hard to do.
Pros
A lot of breaks
Cons
boring
productive
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON29 August 2017
Learn to do tax preparation
good co-worker
minimum wage and seasonal job
less hour work depend on how busy it is
work in different location
not enough hour for income
Seasonal Employment
Senior Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 August 2017
Very low pay for responsibility of the position.

Work environment is fast paced with little supervision.

Interesting work that is challenging and always changing

Management rushes you through training and do little to encourage or motivate staff after that
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Low wages
As a Tax company it was very busy and productive
TAX CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
It was a tax company and specially in tax time we have to work like a crazy person. It was very much busy and no time to eat even. But I enjoyed the job as there were room to learn every year.
Pros
Very much cooperative and room for learning and interesting
Cons
Job pressure was very high
Busy
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Canada31 July 2017
Interact with many people. Few staff members. Lots of help. No time off in tax season. Ok place to work. Not much learning. Clean environment. Need more training
Pros
Busy
Cons
No Time off
enjoyable mostly if you like talking customers and want to help them.
Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 June 2017
*typical days was busy especially from January to April. and after that quiet for the rest of the year.
*My customers experience was improved a lot learned how to deal different kind of clients.
*Management was excellent "team work" is the priority in the office.
the hardest part of this company is seasonal no schedule during June to December.
the most enjoyable in this job is when I help my client regarding in theirs income tax problem. and once they leave the office with smile in their face that I called I enjoyed my job.
Pros
flexible
Cons
seasonal
Great experience
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB9 June 2017
A typical day at work by greeting clients, preparation of T1 tax returns, process payments, and bookkeeping using excel. No set lunch/break times, scheduled shifts.
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
Long distance commute.
Great Work Environment and Learning Experience
Tax Preparer, 3-month contract (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 June 2017
Everyone was excited to be there and co-workers were willing to teach me. I found that management really cares about their business, clients and employees. Very good place to work.
Pros
flexible. good pay, incentives, willing to teach
Cons
contract position
Highly recommended
Income Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 May 2017
Excellent, supportive corporate culture: A++++++++++++
One of the best managers I have ever had the pleasure to work for over the course of a long employment history.
Learned something new every day. Hectic at peak periods, but that's the nature of the business.
The seasonal nature of the work unfortunately precludes this business from meriting a high score on the Job Security/Advancement or Salary/Benefits scales (temporary work, no benefits package). That being said, the hourly compensation is fair, and the fringe benefits appreciated. Not only are Liberty's clients treated extremely well, but the employees are too.
Overall, a terrific employment experience!! Highly recommended.
excellent
Tax preparer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 May 2017
very good for individual development
good management employees relations
friendly co workers.
lot of perks and incentives.
enjoy regular get-togethers and parties
Pros
free lunches
Cons
We always have time for some fun
Income Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 May 2017
A typical day includes preparing tax returns, calling customers, and reviewing colleagues tax returns that they have prepared. We have an amazing team and we all work together to help our customers and ensure satisfaction.
Pros
ideal team work
Cons
long hours at the end of the tax season, however, this is part of the job
Low Salary
STORE MANAGER AND TAX PREPARER (SEASONAL) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 April 2017
Not Good - Nice to learn about taxes use as a stepping stone or for basic tax/customer service experience. Something this company knows little about.
Full of social experince
Tax Filler (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 April 2017
It was fun experience to work as a tax filler. Every day I was meeting so many new people. It's a good place to work with a team or independently. While filling the returns, I heard many stories from people about their lives.
Not Available
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB8 April 2017
Not Available, I will rate but not speak ill will of any company of than simple facts that are not derogatory in any way shape or form. As it seems extremely un-professional.
Fun, interesting and always learning something new
Tax Preparer expert certification (Current Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT1 April 2017
Liberty is a wonderful place to work. The supervisor is a born mentor and I have learned so much more about Tax Law and Tax submissions that I ever got in Class.

The best part of the job is getting to tell people good news, the hardest part is telling them there is news that is not so good. Either way i really enjoy working with the variety of people that we see.
Pros
The job is fun, interesting, you are always learning something new.
Cons
The Job is only 3 months
Good company for tax preparation
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 March 2017
This is a good company. But tax preparation is seasonal and working hour per week is less.
• Interview clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances
• Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients' taxes to a minimum
• Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses
• Check data input or verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry, or procedures
• Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedures for preparation of atypical return
Pros
N/a
Cons
N?A
Good Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC20 March 2017
Was easy to acclimate myself to the environment quickly and begin work with little to no extra training required. I found working here quite reliable my shifts were the same every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liberty Tax Service. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K