LG Electronics Employee Reviews

Fun place to be and great environment
Bilingual Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2014
LG is a family oriented type of company where on my first day my managers and co-workers made me feel totally confortable.

Hardest part of the job would be when most of the calls you pick up are from customers in a bad mood, but with time you learn that it's never personal.
Pros
Free lunches once in a while
work circumistances
Demand Planner for Home Appliances Department (Current Employee) –  Cairo29 June 2013
LG Electonics is big school which teached me alot and i had gained high experience in the field of demand planning , i learned to be problem solver in the needed time and to carry the responsibility.

in LG , Team work spirit is existing and people are very helpful to each other

the most hard part in the job is to keep watching current status with it's changes that makes you in need to take quick action and sometimes you are forced to take the risk.

even if , demand planning is big world , everyday i gain more experience with new challenges
Proactive and cordial working environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  NORTH YORK, ON M9L 2X622 June 2013
A typical day for me starts at 8.00a.m and ends at 4.30p.m. During my working day it meant I would have interacted not only with customers of different social and cultural background but with my co-wokers and members of other departments also. Applying our knowledge base to try and solve certain issues benefits the customers and at a certain point the managemenmt also. The best moment for the cordial relation intervenes during our training session where everyone feels free to interact but within the guidelines, compliance and framework of the company. However the hardest part of the job is to convince customer we cannot cross a certain limit whereby it is not possible to provide 100% satisfaction particularly when customers' products go out of warranty and customers have to incur expenses whereas the most enjoyable part is when we can resolve the issue immediately or provide 100% refund or replacement to satisfaction of customers.
Pros
Social events and company bbq
Cons
Trying to resolve technical issues
A place to learn many things in a short time
Jone Doe (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2013
Very fast environment. If you you can survive the first two years,
you will be fine in any other companies in Canada.
LG Canada - looks good on paper, day-to-day reality sucks
Manager (Current Employee) –  North York4 March 2013
Pros about working at LG Canada
- big Global company on your resume
- new office space, centrally located
- small-office feel backed by global name
- co-workers at generally pleasant (except some of the Korean Exchange worker are miserable and rude)

Cons
- working hours: 8am to 5pm. Not allowed to work-at-home
- culture shock if you are not Korean
- expect long hours, no process, and last-minute requests that are crazy
- expect to execute your job with minimal budget and support. This company does not operate with the size of budget that one would expect for a global corporation. Everything is cheap, from operating budgets to employee benefits. Its a no-frills environment
- non-quality leadership
- expected to be monitored, from your online activities to even at work (ie. people will notice when you are not at your desk)

In summary, they talk the talk of a global, big name company and culture, but when it comes down to it, you are just another body to get the work done.
Pros
$4 lunch discount
Cons
big-brother, orwellian environment
Not a working environment for everyone
Not Willing to Share (Former Employee) –  Canada27 February 2013
Working here is demanding, stressful, there is no work-life balance, expectations are that overtime hours are free of charge and if you do not part-take in overtime, then you are not dedicated to the company or the results of the organization.

If you are Korean, then you will have no problems fitting in. There are HUGE cultural issues within this organization, and no one is stepping up to correct it. This is the reason that the organization has such a HUGE turn-over rate.

Having LG on your resume is a huge perk - however, in the long run, it is not worth the long hours, no appreciation and the disrespect shown from specific ethnicity.
Engaging
Senior Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2013
The Service department employs 80 staff members under 7 different departments, each with its own management team. I take pride in the many functions that I have coordinated including business meetings, training sessions, Town Halls, and inter-departmental communication sessions.
Pros
the people, staff.
Cons
culture
I had a great technical team that worked well together in order to achieve their KPI's and objectives.
Technical Support Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, On, then Toronto, On14 January 2013
Being in charge of a staff of 5, technical support personal, for the technical support centre. The primary focus was a inbound tech support line for LG's appliance line and later their Electronic products as well. The calls came in from across Canada and were all primarily from field technicians. Usually they were on a call and having a problem in regards to repairing the unit. My team would assist in the technician to trouble shoot the product in order to complete the call. My job also consisted of training and mentoring my staff so that they would be subject matter experts.
The most satisfying part of the job was when we could solve an issue there and then. The most challenging part was when communicating with factory engineers and to get timely responses to our questions.
Pros
working as part of a great team.
Cons
constant design changes without proper documentation to assist us with.
Life Is Good (LG) Work Review
Logistics & Claims Coordinator, SCM (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2012
My typical day started and ended with 0900-1700 Hrs. While with the company I learned a lot from appointment scheduling, container shipment, returns, issuance of Return Authorization slips (for both freights involved in an accident as well as the goods rejected at the dock), coordinating claims and preparation of reports for both directors and managers of various departments. The hardest part of the job was learning the job without a proper training. The Assistant Manager I reported to was extremely helpful and trained me to be better in the role I was given.
Increases your urge of giving moral values to your teammates
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  KUWAIT3 June 2012
Engage into physical and mental attitude meeting and leading multi-culture people and push through the operational activities such as inbound, outbound training and coaching staffs is interesting specially the moment you see your people growing in their respective areas of responsibility is a step of fullfilment for a leader.

Overcoming pressure within your working-environment is the key when you aim high to hit the mark that means to say continues learning based on various cercomestances related to your work is highly observed to produce a good result in warehouse operation.
Pros
time management skill apllies
Cons
manual documentation
Fun & Positive work Environment
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2012
Great company that provides a fun and positive working environment. Holds true to their company values.
SCM Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2012
A company driving full of opportunities for you to improve to grow your capability.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
responsibilities
Nice company to learn more about new technology
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North York, ON14 July 2016
Dealing with customers through phones and emails.
Gathering info and troubleshoot
Book appointment with technician if needed.
Selling Flat rate package for client out of warranty...

i learnt a lot about how to :
-satisfaction and loyalty
-Good manners and patience
-New technology...

Only contracts, no possibilities to become permanent in my department.
No benefits.

Good management, they tell you what has to be done. No pressure every minutes as long the job is done.
Pros
Employee discount for Electronics or home appliance
Cons
No benefits, only contracts
Milieu très exitant avec beaucoup de défi
DIRECTEUR DES VENTES ET MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Québec17 October 2012
Les journée était fait de défi et nous avions un excellent support de la compagnie.