LG Electronics

LG Electronics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to be and great environment
Bilingual Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches once in a while
LG is a family oriented type of company where on my first day my managers and co-workers made me feel totally confortable.

Hardest part of the job would be when most of the calls you pick up are from customers in a bad mood, but with time you learn that it's never personal.
LG Canada - looks good on paper, day-to-day reality sucks
Manager (Current Employee), North YorkMarch 4, 2013
Pros: $4 lunch discount
Cons: big-brother, orwellian environment
Pros about working at LG Canada
- big Global company on your resume
- new office space, centrally located
- small-office feel backed by global name
- co-workers at generally pleasant (except some of the Korean Exchange worker are miserable and rude)

Cons
- working hours: 8am to 5pm. Not allowed to work-at-home
- culture shock if you are not Korean
- expect long hours, no process, and last-minute requests that are crazy
- expect to execute your job with minimal budget and support. This company does not operate with the size of budget that one would expect for a global corporation. Everything is cheap, from operating budgets to employee benefits. Its a no-frills environment
- non-quality leadership
- expected to be monitored, from your online activities to even at work (ie. people will notice when you are not at your desk)

In summary, they talk the talk of a global, big name company and culture, but when it comes down to it, you are just another body to get the work done.
Not a working environment for everyone
Not Willing to Share (Former Employee), CanadaFebruary 27, 2013
Working here is demanding, stressful, there is no work-life balance, expectations are that overtime hours are free of charge and if you do not part-take in overtime, then you are not dedicated to the company or the results of the organization.

If you are Korean, then you will have no problems fitting in. There are HUGE cultural issues within this organization, and no one is stepping up to correct it. This is the reason that the organization has such a HUGE turn-over rate.

Having LG on your resume is a huge perk - however, in the long run, it is not worth the long hours, no appreciation and the disrespect shown from specific ethnicity.
Fun & Positive work Environment
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2012
Great company that provides a fun and positive working environment. Holds true to their company values.
Productive but management is not well experience to lead us as employees
SMT Line Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Germiston, GPJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch to operator lvel staff
Cons: no free lunch for all staff members irrespective how much you earn...including me
I always perfom my all my duties to my atmost best for the benefit of the company to grow and also me to grow as an individual with reliabilty, honesty and bieng principle, but based on all that management turn to victimise me because of not compromising, to me when i get to work, i switch on and i leave freindship at the parking lot and apply professionalism at all cost.

The hardest part of the job is when u work with quality in quality department, people turn to hate and think you are at work to find faults on them, rather than look at it ina possitive way, i'm here to ensure and improve the outgoing quality of the company so that our customers can be happy, trust and buy our product...its not all about me

The most enjoyable part is that i'm doing what i love most with passion and dedication...in the company i'm like a Quality Guru, the anysis,the presentations and the improvement we make as a team, especialy when we started, when i look back now, it makes me feel happy to be one of the the pioneers of the company and i will always be loyal to them until my last day because they gave me a chance to prove my skills and grow inside the company
Job´s Experience
Assistant Manager at Design Area (Current Employee), Reynosa, TampsJanuary 16, 2015
I like to work in an efficient way and I like to take part of my time to explain or clear doubts to my coworkers because i teach them how to do it and guide them we will create a good work environment and the company will grow up together. I think if you provide security and good work environment the work will be easier for all.
Largest company in korea product all kind of CE products.
Sr. Software/Firmware Engineer (Current Employee), SeoulJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch&dinner
Cons: poor management, worknlife balance
Work Hard, Haven't Fun
LG Electronics has Several Labs. The atmosphere of Lab. depends on the product life cycle. Mobile and Digital TV Lab urge engineers to work harder and harder.
In addition, Salary is not enough compared with Samsung Electronics.
not very challenging but still a decent workplace
Supply Planner (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: job culture, benefits
Cons: less challenging and thus slow promotion
LG Electronics is one of the well-recognized electronic firms in North America. Some people would find their job not challenging enough but it is a decent workplace after all with good benefits. It treats its employees fair and nice. If you are satisfied with your work, it should be an awesome place to work.

However, it's quite difficult for a regular employee to rise to a director's level. If your goal is promotion, you must be daring to get an opportunity.
It was fun while working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), BAHU PLAZA JAMMU (INDIA)January 8, 2015
while workin with LG i learn many skills which iam using at my current job
Excellent
Regional HR Manager - Levant (Former Employee), AmmanJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: work life balance
Outstanding organization which I was proud to be a part of. I learned the most important elements of business during my tenure with LG Electronics. Excellent Job security with excellent management.
Fun job to work at and great bonuses
Executive Service Team (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 27, 2014
Great job to work at that included bonuses and lots of overtime. The employees were great to work with and we had potlucks seldom. The only part I did not like about this job is being laying off because of the economy.
consultant comapny
HVAC Draughtsman (Former Employee), GurgaonDecember 22, 2014
Pros: free accomodation
Cons: short breaks
it is consultant company based in New Delhi.
this is a good consultant in HVAC field and they also completed many big project in delhi ncr India.
The General Manager has good knowledge of air conditioning system
nice culture, Bad Management
DMS Technician (Current Employee), NYDecember 19, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: mandatorty overtime
company is not have a good life work balance
The pontential for a good company is there but local management drops the ball. There is too much people in charge of day to day activities and small to no communication....................................................................................................... other than that it is not a bad company to work for
Major global brand providing numerous growth opportunities and professional challenges. Innovative product offering and a keen focus on the customer b
Vice President (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILDecember 10, 2014
Pros: product and technology awareness. numerous growth opportunities.
Cons: work / life balance
LG provided a great opportunity to gain key business experience. The environment is face paced and a strong focus on business goal achievement.
Productive and stable company you can grow with both professionally and personally
Senior Marketing Manager / Head (Former Employee), Saint-Petersburg, RussiaDecember 8, 2014
Pros: good benefit package, extended medical insurance
Cons: long hours, no advancement at senior positions, usually work under pressure and stres due to management style
Healthy work atmosphere, a bunch of managers you can learn from, top management accessible for communication. If there existed some professional growth for me, I would have definitely stayed with LG.
Due to the fact LG Electronics Russia operates in highly competitive and fast-changing business environment, everyday you deal with a lot of stress and urgency.
Market leader, good working culture and goal oriented
Sales &Marketing Senior Manager (Former Employee), Seoul, Korea, Asia, Middle eastNovember 30, 2014
Pros: frequent meetings, discussion and decision making with improvement
Cons: short break, tight schedule with a lot of business
Managing LG electronics business including sales, marketing and organization based on strategy in Asia, Middle east countries.

Acted ad Country manager of MEA countries by having empowered ownership and made a success story by achieving market share No.1 in several market in charge of that in electronics field.

Detailed management on partners based on strategy of the company and goal.

Need to be coordinate with cooperate with different nationality people and dealers as well as suppliers with factories, so communication and management capability is important.

Necessary to adapt different culture of management and customers, but all the time good aspect to be learned and flexible for it.
It is good to have leadership in marketing and sales in the market.

Had a success story of sales and marketing in Electronics field over many years.
Great benefits
Direct Mobile Service Technician (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 19, 2014
I provide product support for appliances and electronics. I typically provide this support to residential customers, however on occassion I provide support to businesses as well. I've learned a lot in the 5 years I've been in the industry. I don't really have co worker like a regular job has. The hardest part of the job is driving in extreme weather conditions. The most enjoyable part is meeting different people and seeing different things on a daily basis.
good services
Technician - In charge of Home Appliances (Former Employee), Cannanore, KLOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free food
Responsible for interacting with the customer in dealing the Service orders and issues. The hardest part is maintaining the spares and inventory, and coordinating with the supplier for the components.
Great Place to work for
Field Service Account Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlOctober 26, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, positive culture, supportive management
Cons: more reactive than proactive in some situations
I learned so much and met so many interesting people. Most people worked 8 am - 5 pm although there were times we had to stay late or come back later in the evening to communicate with our counterparts where there is a 13 hour time difference. Every day we were expected to be at our desk and supporting our service centers by inbound and outbound phone, email, fax and US Postal mail. I absolutely loved my service centers. It was my job to recruit, retain, and assist them in anyway possible to make the experience in working with LG as easy and efficient as possible. We assisted with helping them file warranty claims, getting held claims released, tracking down account issues - either on LG or the service center's side- and resolving them. Above all it was important to remember that the service center is an independent company that is the face of LG out in the field taking care of our customers who have purchased LG products and are having service or installation issues. A happy service center means a positive image of LG given to the customer and that leads to repeat business. The hardest part of the job was the volume of work. Because I loved my job, it always surprised me when 5:oo rolled around. There was always more to do. I never got discouraged though. it was my personal daily challenge to help as many service centers as I could each day. My managers were terrific people. I personally did not require a lot of supervision since I knew and did my job but they were always there to help when I did have an issue I could not resolve or that needed to be escalated. I learned so – more... many different programs that were internal to the company as well as became very experienced with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint. My co workers were a sweet bunch of people. I have been in touch with many - those still at LG and those that were laid off where our department was reorganized as I was. That day was a real heart breaker. As a top performing account representative, I felt some job security but when the positions were dissolved, we had no where to go within the company. I worked with LG 14 1/2 years and would gladly have retired from there when that time came. – less
Good learning Experience,life balance
Service Engineer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 20, 2014
Pros: allowances
Cons: field work
management. co-workers,hardest part of the job.Good experience

1 2 3 4 5

About LG Electronics

LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, home appliances and – Read more

LG Electronics Photos