LG Electronics Employee Reviews

excellent
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
excellent and rewarding, not to mention the benefits. I enjoyed my time there and if given the opportunity again, I would certainly consider joining them again.
Aggressive and Innovating company with high level of employee motivation
Operations Manager in Customer service department (Former Employee) –  Greater Noida near New Delhi17 January 2016
Highly ethical and aggressive company. Every employee has been given a task and the progress monitored directly by the management.

Highly performance oriented. Very strong review mechanism is in place. HR Policies are remarkable.

Learnt many things as the core culture of the company is innovation.
Team building was the major learning apart from various functional parameters.

Enjoyable part was meeting deadlines of whatever tasks given as all the team members were fully involved in the given task. Also the achievements were duly recognised.
Pros
Very good employee welfare measures
Cons
working long hours
Fun Workplace, Awesome superior
Bilingual Data entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  North York, ON2 November 2015
Typical day at work can be sometimes overwhelming which is normal with any company.However, manageable with the help of our superior.
I've learned how to enhance my multi tasking,organizational skills and how to be more productive and optimistic under pressure.
Our management is very helpful and hands on with their employees esp. under pressure and when experiencing high volume of workloads.
Co-workers are awesome and very helpful at every time when you need help
The hardest part of the job is sitting down for a long period of time and Dealer complaints. However, manageable
Enjoyable part is even though we all go through different scenario everyday we still manage to work as a team and help each other.
Pros
Free BBQ lunches
Cons
Long hours sitting down
Marketing and Promotions
Retail Marketing Director, Canada (Former Employee) –  Mississauga18 September 2015
Very good job environment, very challenging. I had the opportunity to implement a high standard of work. I was leading a group of 300 people in the field marketing area, attending the retail segment around the country. The labor relations was very good and the relations within the colleagues were the same.
Hard work but supportive management
General Helper (Former Employee) –  20 norelco drive9 April 2015
Manual wrapping and repackaging damaged goods. Management and supervisory staff supportive of difficulty of work. Hardest part of the job is repetitive wrapping over long periods of time.
Performance Analysis and Evaluation│KPI Management and Reporting│ Financial Analysis│CPA Candidate
Service and Quality Analyst (Assistant Manager) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2015
Possess strong interpersonal skills, self-motivation, positive attitude and enthusiasm
Efficiently work with several computer programs
Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, SAP (EDW) and ERP
Thrive in both collaborative and independent work environments
Strong multi-tasker with solid time management skills to meet demanding priorities with consistence and composure
Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
High-quality problem solving and analytical skills
If you want to build your professional skills in hard way, this is the company
anonymous (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 March 2015
If you are willing to dedicate even your personal life, to learn professional skills in very hard way? This is the place to be.
Pros
you can touch every aspects of business operations in depth
Cons
no work and life balance.
6/10
Senior Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2015
new management every year
no stability
Pay never increased
Management is fickle
actual job is great if you like interacting with people
no advancement
TRIPS
MANAGEMENT SKILLS
FACING PEOPLE
Not Bad
Planning manager at Corporate Planning team (Current Employee) –  Toronto26 January 2015
Hard working
Good co-workers
Learned about financial analysis
Communication
Not too many restaurant near by company
Pros
Cheap lunch
Great Place to work
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  North York, ON21 January 2015
LG strives to enhance its customer’s life and lifestyle with intelligent product features, intuitive functionality, and exceptional performance. Choosing LG is a form of self-expression and a promise of satisfaction. Our customers take pride in owning an object of excellence and take comfort in knowing they’ve made a smart, informed purchase, every time.
great place for recent graduates to work and learn
Service Parts Planning, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON21 October 2014
Nice place to learn but not great to stay longer than 5 years.
Pros
great employee benefit programs
Cons
not too great salary level
Fun place to be and great environment
Bilingual Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2014
LG is a family oriented type of company where on my first day my managers and co-workers made me feel totally confortable.

Hardest part of the job would be when most of the calls you pick up are from customers in a bad mood, but with time you learn that it's never personal.
Pros
Free lunches once in a while
work circumistances
Demand Planner for Home Appliances Department (Current Employee) –  Cairo29 June 2013
LG Electonics is big school which teached me alot and i had gained high experience in the field of demand planning , i learned to be problem solver in the needed time and to carry the responsibility.

in LG , Team work spirit is existing and people are very helpful to each other

the most hard part in the job is to keep watching current status with it's changes that makes you in need to take quick action and sometimes you are forced to take the risk.

even if , demand planning is big world , everyday i gain more experience with new challenges
Proactive and cordial working environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  NORTH YORK, ON M9L 2X622 June 2013
A typical day for me starts at 8.00a.m and ends at 4.30p.m. During my working day it meant I would have interacted not only with customers of different social and cultural background but with my co-wokers and members of other departments also. Applying our knowledge base to try and solve certain issues benefits the customers and at a certain point the managemenmt also. The best moment for the cordial relation intervenes during our training session where everyone feels free to interact but within the guidelines, compliance and framework of the company. However the hardest part of the job is to convince customer we cannot cross a certain limit whereby it is not possible to provide 100% satisfaction particularly when customers' products go out of warranty and customers have to incur expenses whereas the most enjoyable part is when we can resolve the issue immediately or provide 100% refund or replacement to satisfaction of customers.
Pros
Social events and company bbq
Cons
Trying to resolve technical issues
A place to learn many things in a short time
Jone Doe (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2013
Very fast environment. If you you can survive the first two years,
you will be fine in any other companies in Canada.
LG Canada - looks good on paper, day-to-day reality sucks
Manager (Current Employee) –  North York4 March 2013
Pros about working at LG Canada
- big Global company on your resume
- new office space, centrally located
- small-office feel backed by global name
- co-workers at generally pleasant (except some of the Korean Exchange worker are miserable and rude)

Cons
- working hours: 8am to 5pm. Not allowed to work-at-home
- culture shock if you are not Korean
- expect long hours, no process, and last-minute requests that are crazy
- expect to execute your job with minimal budget and support. This company does not operate with the size of budget that one would expect for a global corporation. Everything is cheap, from operating budgets to employee benefits. Its a no-frills environment
- non-quality leadership
- expected to be monitored, from your online activities to even at work (ie. people will notice when you are not at your desk)

In summary, they talk the talk of a global, big name company and culture, but when it comes down to it, you are just another body to get the work done.
Pros
$4 lunch discount
Cons
big-brother, orwellian environment
Not a working environment for everyone
Not Willing to Share (Former Employee) –  Canada27 February 2013
Working here is demanding, stressful, there is no work-life balance, expectations are that overtime hours are free of charge and if you do not part-take in overtime, then you are not dedicated to the company or the results of the organization.

If you are Korean, then you will have no problems fitting in. There are HUGE cultural issues within this organization, and no one is stepping up to correct it. This is the reason that the organization has such a HUGE turn-over rate.

Having LG on your resume is a huge perk - however, in the long run, it is not worth the long hours, no appreciation and the disrespect shown from specific ethnicity.
Engaging
Senior Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2013
The Service department employs 80 staff members under 7 different departments, each with its own management team. I take pride in the many functions that I have coordinated including business meetings, training sessions, Town Halls, and inter-departmental communication sessions.
Pros
the people, staff.
Cons
culture
I had a great technical team that worked well together in order to achieve their KPI's and objectives.
Technical Support Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, On, then Toronto, On14 January 2013
Being in charge of a staff of 5, technical support personal, for the technical support centre. The primary focus was a inbound tech support line for LG's appliance line and later their Electronic products as well. The calls came in from across Canada and were all primarily from field technicians. Usually they were on a call and having a problem in regards to repairing the unit. My team would assist in the technician to trouble shoot the product in order to complete the call. My job also consisted of training and mentoring my staff so that they would be subject matter experts.
The most satisfying part of the job was when we could solve an issue there and then. The most challenging part was when communicating with factory engineers and to get timely responses to our questions.
Pros
working as part of a great team.
Cons
constant design changes without proper documentation to assist us with.