Lexmark

Lexmark Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
FUN PLACE TO WORK
HR Generalist (Former Employee), WBAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good people good work enviroment
Cons: no scope for growth
the enviroment is very good, the management and HR tem is very supportive and helpful.
Nice People, Comfortable Work Environment
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 18, 2014
Great place to engage and encourage professional development. Friendly management style. A few more meetings per day then absolutely necessary. I enjoyed my time at Lexmark and would go back.
Interacting with different personalities
Personal representative (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 13, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: some managers were head hunters to cut jobs
excellent pay...excellent benefits ...lost job to overseas
Good People, bad results
Global Services Manager (Former Employee), lexingtonAugust 4, 2014
Pros: fun team outings
Cons: travel, lots of travel
Timing was everything for me to move on. I started with a company doing $5.5bn in revenue, and only five years later, was doing $3.5bn.

my work life balance was great, I just wanted to expand my career quicker than LXK could offer.
Okay place to work
Hardware Engineer (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 27, 2014
I enjoy the people and the work, for the most part. There are plenty of opportunities to learn new things. The people are great to work with as long as you don't talk about the company. It quickly goes down the rabbit hole of, "how much longer will we have the job" The job is also very flexible.
productive company to work for. Would recommend to a friend
Senior Chemical Process Operator (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 25, 2014
productive company to work for. Would recommend to a friend.
Good job
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, kKYJuly 12, 2014
Pros: learned new skills
Cons: some long hours
Learned a lot on the job. Picked up many new skills while learning how to work in a more corporate based environment even though it was privately owned.
Experience was a valuable part of my career/life
Manager, Facilities Internal Services (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 11, 2014
Pros: opportunites for advance / special assignments (outside the box)
Cons: adapting to over business world corporate focus.
Starting with my employment at IBM (1980) until my transition to Lexmark (1992); ending with my retirement when in 2006 my department, along with several others, was outsourced to an outside contracting company. Initially, I found a company that valued it greatest asset - its human resources (employees). A typical day at work was one that required being – more... able to multitask as I was allowed to cross into areas other than just my immediate dept. I learned that with continual education/courses/classes, you could advance by not only working smarter, but harder as well. I had several opportunities for special assignments that sometime included travel. Most co-workers were ambitious teamworkers that understood that sometimes to advance meant giving someone else a "leg" up. Managment was a challenge that sometimes required early mornings and late nights, but was worth the effort which sometimes made it difficult to balance work & personal life. Most enjoyable part of the job was the varied opportunities afforded me in my 26 years with IBM/Lexmark. – less
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Kolkata, WBJuly 11, 2014
challenging envt
productive
effective management
good teammates
Great for Comp and Vacation
Manager (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 3, 2014
Pros: comp, time off, people
Cons: poor senior management (directors, group vp), possible layoffs
The best part of Lexmark is they pay very well for an area of low cost of living. They also have a very liberal vacation policy.

The worst part of Lexmark is the poor senior management (Directors, Group VPs) that are put in areas in which they have no experience. Example: Software engineers put in Marketing roles. There is always the threat of a layoff – more... since the company is going through a strategic shift. They are moving away from being a printer company to a software, solutions, and services company. Because of these growing pains results have been uneven quarter to quarter. – less
good experience working with them
SRM AMS Lead (Current Employee), Lexington KYJune 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
its nice working with Lexmark.
The job seems to be good and satisfactory in all means
The management is supportive and friendly
enjoyed working there, good work environment. Good benefits and management was very professional
Printing Operator (Former Employee), located in lexington, tested printersJune 30, 2014
Pros: day scedule, weekends off
Cons: laid off
good place to work until you get laid off. enjoyed working with the team I was with. Had every weekend off and evenings. Management professional and courtious.
Productive fun workplace
Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Round RockJune 22, 2014
Pros: manages help desk sections
In my typical day I wear many hats as a system administrator, Help Desk Technician, Network Admin and a Field Technician.

My day will usually include being able to balance my routine maintenance tasks with diagnosing problems reported by our network users.

As a system administrator will also have to bear in mind when new employees join the company – more... – I'm responsible for assigning the new hire’s admin printer privileges and setting up their login information.

From time to time I will also need to purchase new hardware and consumables for the business and spend time with the necessary vendors to work through any issues with installation and performance.

The last task of the working day usually is to respond to trouble tickets, printer set-up, assigning IP's to new network devices, – less
Interesting and fun place to work
Research and Development Technician (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches on fridays
Definitely furthered my knowledge of chemistry and various techniques and also gained some experience with many new analytic tools.

Management and co-workers were all great and there was a very nice family atmosphere in the workplace.
Good learning
Senior Executive (Project Management Office) (Current Employee), KolkataMay 1, 2014
Working in Wipro Technologies was the most glorious days of my career. I have learnt from junior most level of BPO function to Subject Matter Expert to Facilitation Trainer, Global Resource Manager and Project Management Officer.

Each role has variety of work, job responsibilites and deliverables.

I have learnt to handle the business run and sustain – more... the growth of its nature.

Thanks! – less
Very Good and Productive environement
BW/BOBJ Consultant (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 29, 2014
Worked on SAP BW . Very structured and right company to work here, gave me a lot of expose
Sales Manager Central America & Caribbean
Sales Manager - Central America & Caribbean (Former Employee), San Juan, PRApril 16, 2014
Pros: traveling 9 countries
Cons: life insurance and health plan
Oversee a team of 8 professionals within the region. Implemented sales and marketing strategies for the introduction of our new corporate business plan, including the launch our new solutions portfolio, including software management.
The key was to understand client needs by assessing their business requirements.Develop and maintain key accounts in – more... the banking and government market segments – less
Friendly, Productive, Safe workplace.
Manufacturing Lead Technician(Assembler 2) (Former Employee), PhilippinesMarch 23, 2014
Handling people
Handling production line
Honest people.
Highly Oriented people
Most especially a very relax and enjoyable job.
Going Downhill since 2006 with poor Leadership and Management
Engineer (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 16, 2014
Pros: from 1998 to 2006 had good competent management. diverse place to work at, better than average compensation and growth opportunities until 2006
Cons: no loyalty to employees, extreme age discrimination mostly to lay off anyone who reached higher salary bands, continues to move work offshore to philippines and india, forcing employees to train lower wage overseas staff to eliminate your job
Worked there for 15 years and was great company from 1998-2006, when incompetent management and constant reorgs/layoff began.
What kind of CEO and leaders continues to get million dollar bonuses while laying off thousands of people and forcing employees to train non US citizens to offshore their jobs overseas?
Way too many managers without skills of – more... staff, who waste most time in meetings and discussing metrics without producing or providing value add to staff or organization. No loyalty to employees whatsoever. May be out of business in few years at current direction they are heading. If economy picks up - there will be massive exodus to other jobs. For now, Lexmark can continue taking advantage of employees. – less
outstanding job always something new to learn
Core Staff I T Services (Former Employee), phoenix azMarch 15, 2014
As a field service tech your always on the move i love fast pace work and this was it.weather its repairing a printer or desktop upgrading a server i did it all and everyday was different than tha day before.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lexmark

Lexmark International attacks printing with a host of jets and lasers. A leading maker of printers and related supplies, the company provides – Read more

Lexmark Photos