LexisNexis

LexisNexis Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good work atmosphere, huge and neat and clean place, good canteen with good food
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 27, 2013
Pros: no free lunches, but discounted
Cons: sometimes, long hours, yes.
Monday is a typical but important day, as you would know the whole week's work schedule and important tasks to be carried through.
there is always a lot to learn at the job. Good management, especially the resource manager and the Project Manager. Always had good rappo with co-workers, including from other project departments.
I didn't feel anything – more... hardest, but yes sometimes it gets tiring with deadlines, meetings and overwork.
lunchtime. – less
Productive team player
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: free coffee/benefits
Cons: distance to work
My day always started with a pleasant smile, connecting with
Management, regarding any new information needed for the day.
Connected with clients through email, fax and phone each day.
Worked in a very pleasant environment. I learned from our clients and co-workers that starting with a smile and pleasant attitude could always ease any issue that the – more... customer may have, and solving their issues was my goal. Shared work related information with co-workers. The hardest part of my job was leaving it at the end of day. Loved interacting with our clients, and satisfying their needs was extremely rewarding. – less
not applicable
Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: great people at lexis
Cons: not the same company 10 years ago
A typical day at work. Great co-workers. Culture is changing and most employees are not happy working for Lexis anymore.
Good
QA Engineer-QA Lead (Former Employee), Pune, MHJuly 21, 2014
Its good experience.Good Expoture.Work environment is good.
Lots of new things to Learn
Fum workplace
QA Tester (Current Employee), Coimbatore, TNJune 23, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: long hours
Nice to work. good working atmosphere. very good team lead n team members. helpfull.
LN Review
Analyst (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 22, 2014
LexisNexis is a great place to learn a lot. It is a fast paced company with lots of work to do. The people are great, and work well together. It's a great feeling to come together and accomplish big goals in a short amount of time. People are a bit stretched thin.
relaxed enviroment
storeman (Current Employee), Pietermaritzburg, ZNJune 18, 2014
its a very relaxed work environment
I have leant a lot while working here
management is very good
there Is nothing difficult bout the job, you just have to learn
to do your work to the best of your ability.
Department no longer in business.
Sponsorship and Event Sales Executive (Former Employee), Chatswood, NSWJune 11, 2014
There is no need to comment as the business unit for legal conferences was shut down shortly after my leaving.
Good, generally stable place to work
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, small teams, stable
Cons: management awareness, large size
Over all not a bad place, it lacks a lot of the inter-office politics that make a lot of jobs terrible. It is a larger diversified corporation so when they do have layoffs they are generally smaller and limited.

The only things that are a real problem is that it is a huge conglomerate so your manager only two or three steps up likely has very little – more... idea what you actually do. That can lead to problems with performance reviews that do not reflect reality and the addition of unrealistic expectations being placed on your job because they simply don't know what you really do.

Another related problem is the lack of tools to do your job effectively. In an effort to standardize they took a system that was not made for the task and forced it to do the job resulting in a permanent 14% reduction in productivity and then refused to make many small modifications. – less
great place to work
Database application support "Consultant" (Former Employee), coconutcreek, FlJune 10, 2014
great place to work, i only spend 4 months here so my review is not thorough
Has been a great company to work for.
Territory Operations Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 10, 2014
Manage facilities and overall operations for locations across my territory.
My entire career as been with this company. The outstanding managers I've had provided me with opportunities and guidance. I am confident that I am fully competent to transition to any field of work and be highly successful.
The hardest part to the job is not having totally – more... control over scheduling/budgets. You make what you have work for the project, team, organization while meeting the expectations of the customers.
The most enjoyable has been the many opportunities to succeed. I have accomplished so much in my time at LexisNexis. – less
many opportunities within organization
Data Governance Manager (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 5, 2014
Large organization with many opportunities to learn and grow.
Buyer Beware
Account Manager -Mid-Sized Accounts (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OHJune 1, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers, great pay and benefits. fun perks like parties, happy hours, etc.
Cons: mismanagement is rife, flagship products don't work, pressure is unbearable.
Advice for Management: When employees performance tanks, look for underlying causes rather than just applying more pressure. You have talented professionals who bed the chance to succeed. Don't let a bad month or two convince you that employees who have been with the for decades are dead weight. Invest in your employees that way you say you do. Stop – more... the culture of fear. Just this year, a woman in her thirties had a stress related stroke, and two other people had to take short term disability for psychological reasons. The pay is not worth it. – less
Company is diseased, sputtering and getting worse
Marketing/Communications (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 28, 2014
Pros: some good co-workers
Cons: no clear direction and weak, weak management
I worked at the LN for over four years and while I really enjoyed many of my coworkers, it became patently obvious that Mike Walsh has no clue how to save this sinking ship. Frequent re-orgs and layoffs have not halted the slide into mediocrity. If you are desperate for a job and have no other options, of course pursue a job with LN and hope for the – more... best. Do not be surprised when six months in or so, there is yet another reorganization designed to "promote synergies" and "re-focus corporate resources on core strengths." There will be layoffs associated with that and subsequent re-orgs and the company will slip down a little further as they try to convince clients they are still committed to delivering top-quality products and services. Long-term outlook is pretty bleak. – less
N/A
Support Generalist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 28, 2014
always busy, responding to all above and beyond expectation, no room for mistakes, do it once and do it right
Despite the lay-offs, it was a good place to work for.
Publishing Operations Analyst (Former Employee), New Providence, NJMay 23, 2014
Pros: semi-informal dress code, free coffee, understanding middle management.
Cons: more outsourcing made for many lay-offs and a tense atmosphere.
During a typical day, I would receive data from editors and make sure that the updates to various publications would flow seamlessly into the print product, the website, and the CD libraries.

When they began to out-source and off-shore these tasks in the '00s, my co-workers and I would review what was done by our counterparts in Manila, Mumbai, and – more... Chennai before signing off on the projects.

The job became harder when there was less training made available in the new applications; more responsibilities were being given but compensation was not *quite* commensurate. The lay-offs as more work was sent overseas did not make for a contented atmosphere, either.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that useful information was made available because of our work. The job culture was semi-informal. I miss many of my co-workers, and now I am hearing that many of them have gotten cut, five years after I was laid off. – less
Off Shore
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 16, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: staff reduction
The company for a few years now is slowly transitioning everything to the Philippines.
Good Client
Safety,
Good Management
Exciting Fun and comfortable
Technical Support Analyst II (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 25, 2014
To provide a variety of technical support to multiple level end users in diverse technical areas. Support includes troubleshooting, researching, and training for online products, batching and FTPs, gateways, XML web services, etc. Provides exceptional support and service through highly engaging customer interactions while following corporate policy – more... regarding authentication, data security and record retention.

Support is provided via multiple communication channels: telephone, e-mail and chat support using multiple CRMs. – less
Driving operational effectiveness, managing service levels, managing employees
Service Delivery Operational Manager (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHApril 25, 2014
Pros: partnership with different business units/leaders, customer satisfaction, increased employee engagement
Cons: challenging with prioritizing and balancing workloads when trying to put out fires
- Work with the Work Force management team to review forecast and staffing and discuss challenges through out the day/week/month.
- Ensure meeting Service levels across all areas
- Prioritize Project work and set goals
- Review employee metrics/QA and set expectations
- With with Subject matter Experts to ensure the products are operating as expected
- – more... Review customer Survey and do and research/investigation and reach out to customers
- Handle customer escalations and complaints
- Partner with the sales team for any customer issues
- Work with training team to ensure that are no training/knowledge gaps – less

1 2 3 4 5

About LexisNexis

Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group.┬áThe company's LexisNexis┬ábrand offers – Read more

LexisNexis Photos