LexisNexis Employee Reviews in Canada

The nicest "dinosaur" around
<elided> (Former Employee) –  Kingston or TorontoMarch 18, 2014
This is a company in a very old business, that of updating and printing books on paper. The people were wonderful, the management well-meaning (if often behind the times). As part of a declining industry, their pay rates were uninspiring. Conversely, they were good at hiring the semi-retired, notably for programming their IBM mainframe computer and Windows PCs.
Pros
people, books to read (and copy-edit!)
Cons
old industry
Nice place to work. People are wonderful to work with.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  philippinesJanuary 26, 2014
LexisNexis / Reed Elsevier for sure values their employees.
good work atmosphere, huge and neat and clean place, good canteen with good food
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 27, 2013
Monday is a typical but important day, as you would know the whole week's work schedule and important tasks to be carried through.
there is always a lot to learn at the job. Good management, especially the resource manager and the Project Manager. Always had good rappo with co-workers, including from other project departments.
I didn't feel anything hardest, but yes sometimes it gets tiring with deadlines, meetings and overwork.
lunchtime.
Pros
no free lunches, but discounted
Cons
sometimes, long hours, yes.
Productive team player
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2013
My day always started with a pleasant smile, connecting with
Management, regarding any new information needed for the day.
Connected with clients through email, fax and phone each day.
Worked in a very pleasant environment. I learned from our clients and co-workers that starting with a smile and pleasant attitude could always ease any issue that the customer may have, and solving their issues was my goal. Shared work related information with co-workers. The hardest part of my job was leaving it at the end of day. Loved interacting with our clients, and satisfying their needs was extremely rewarding.
Pros
free coffee/benefits
Cons
distance to work
not applicable
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 10, 2012
A typical day at work. Great co-workers. Culture is changing and most employees are not happy working for Lexis anymore.
Pros
great people at lexis
Cons
not the same company 10 years ago