LexisNexis Employee Reviews

Positive and productive environment
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  North York, ON6 July 2017
The culture here is very laid back and welcoming. Everyone is super friendly, and the atmosphere is extremely positive.

After working here for about a month, I would say this is one of the best corporate environments out there. Nobody is breathing down your back waiting for you to finish a job, and I've felt extremely productive due to the positive environment.

Definitely would recommend for anyone looking to gain some office experience.
Pros
Laid back culture, lots of free food
Cons
Mediocre salary
If you are seeking a job security, this is not a place to be
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 June 2017
Don't even think about taking your chance in this organization. Especially if you're seeking a job security. Your desk will disappear in no time. Even your boss will be different from when you had your final interview, and your very first day on the job.
Pros
work and life balance.
Cons
You won't know who is going to be your management for tomorrow
travail enrichisssant
Éditrice juridique (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 January 2017
Il s'agit d'un travail d'édition juridique comportant la rédaction, la correction, la révision et l'indexation d'ouvrages juridiques
Pros
Équipe stimulante
Cons
aucun
great company
Bilingual Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
great company and culture, Would recommend. Treat employees well. Lots of perks, such as free lunches. Very motivating to work at this company as they treat employees very well
Interactive and cooperative workplace
Editor, NetLetters (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2016
Working for LexisNexis Canada Inc was a very positive experience. I felt driven to excel.I worked in a satellite office with amazing people from various departments. I found the job enhanced my organizational and management skills. I learned how to use advances features of Microsoft Office Suite with company training tools.
Pros
Free training tools
The nicest "dinosaur" around
<elided> (Former Employee) –  Kingston or Toronto18 March 2014
This is a company in a very old business, that of updating and printing books on paper. The people were wonderful, the management well-meaning (if often behind the times). As part of a declining industry, their pay rates were uninspiring. Conversely, they were good at hiring the semi-retired, notably for programming their IBM mainframe computer and Windows PCs.
Pros
People, books to read (and copy-edit!)
Cons
Old industry
Nice place to work. People are wonderful to work with.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  philippines26 January 2014
LexisNexis / Reed Elsevier for sure values their employees.
good work atmosphere, huge and neat and clean place, good canteen with good food
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 November 2013
Monday is a typical but important day, as you would know the whole week's work schedule and important tasks to be carried through.
there is always a lot to learn at the job. Good management, especially the resource manager and the Project Manager. Always had good rappo with co-workers, including from other project departments.
I didn't feel anything hardest, but yes sometimes it gets tiring with deadlines, meetings and overwork.
lunchtime.
Pros
no free lunches, but discounted
Cons
sometimes, long hours, yes.
Productive team player
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2013
My day always started with a pleasant smile, connecting with
Management, regarding any new information needed for the day.
Connected with clients through email, fax and phone each day.
Worked in a very pleasant environment. I learned from our clients and co-workers that starting with a smile and pleasant attitude could always ease any issue that the customer may have, and solving their issues was my goal. Shared work related information with co-workers. The hardest part of my job was leaving it at the end of day. Loved interacting with our clients, and satisfying their needs was extremely rewarding.
Pros
Free Coffee/Benefits
Cons
distance to work
A really fun organisation to work with.
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario7 May 2013
Work atmosphere is very relaxed. Management tries to ensure you have all the right tools to work at your optimum. Co-workers are really helpful.
Pros
Great place to work, adequate benefits and the organisation believes in a well-rounded employee.
Cons
The IT field is very competitive, hence job security is never guaranteed.
not applicable
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON10 September 2012
A typical day at work. Great co-workers. Culture is changing and most employees are not happy working for Lexis anymore.
Pros
great people at lexis
Cons
not the same company 10 years ago