At Levven, we are passionate about enhancing your spaces and the way you live.
We focus our design, manufacturing and customer efforts to bring automation and responsive spaces to the everyday guy.
If you share our passion and have earned a proven record for test engineering – we want to talk to you about joining Levven. We are seeking an experienced test engineer to join our team. We’re looking for someone with experience in embedded systems, hardware and software test, agile methods, microcontrollers, build and test automation, regression and unit testing, and the ability to stich these various test modules together. This person is passionate about championing quality and test automation.
Reports to: Director of R&D
Job Level: Intermediate to Senior
Contributes to the achievement of the vision of Levven Research & Development Department by ensuring that overall quality and functionality of products in each assigned project meets customer expectations and manufacturing & delivering a defect-free product on time, every time.
Designs and develops in the most cost-efficient and effective manner possible based on the requirements of assigned project, following Levven R&D standards and protocols.
Location in the Organization: Reports to the Director of R&D.
Receives broad supervision (technical and admin) from immediate superior.
Personnel Reporting to this Position: None.
Guidance Received: Guidance is received from the President, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and the R&D departments.
- Features and bugs are tracked on topic branches in Git.
- Redmine issues are up to date and accurate.
- Requirements and specifications are up to date and accurate.
- Code architecture follows Levven design patterns and best practices.
- Source code releases are versioned and archived.
- Binary releases follow Levven release procedures.
- Source code follows Levven commenting and formatting standards.
- All products utilize automated test in mass production.
- All test systems follow Levven test station and database standards.
- Records/Reports Maintained:
- Engineering specifications, source code documents.
- Project charter.
- Redmine issues.
- Scrum sprint estimates and hours tracking for burn-down.
- Laptop/desktop computers.
- Desk phone.
- Various embedded platform hardware.
- Test equipment for hardware and software testing.
- When on site, work done is mostly within an office environment. Light physical effort is required for occasional tasks that involve new equipment set-up. Occasionally work is done in a test-laboratory environment. In general, exposure to potential hazards is at minimum.
- This function will very rarely require the incumbent to travel, depending on project demands.
- To achieve objectives of this function, the incumbent coordinates with
o Internally: Admin, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and the other members of R&D.
o Externally: the customer/representative & government agency representatives.
- Interfacing with different departments across Levven.
- Acceleration of learning to effectively support projects assigned and technologies employed.
- Learning the Levven way.
Responsibilities (functional & relational, in order of significance):
Company Policies and Standards Compliance:
- Compliance to the company code of conduct and policies.
- Actively participate in Levven-wide programs and initiatives such as the quality management system and other management systems.
- Ensure that all activities involving intellectual property adequately protect it and strictly adhere to confidentiality agreements.
- Develop and update requirements, specifications, and user documentation following Levven R&D standards.
- Coordinate with a cross functional team.
- Version and archive code releases.
- Follow Levven commenting & formatting standards.
- Work with designers on testability, traceability, programming, and labelling requirements.
- Aid designers in agency approvals readiness.
- Develop manufacturing automated test requirements, cases, and sets.
- Identify, select, and setup test equipment.
- Participate in schematic, board layout, routing review.
- Environmental and durability test development, execution, and reporting.
- Root cause identification and resolution, feedback to R&D department.
- Document, track, and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Develop and conduct design verification testing.
- Generate evaluation plans for project improvements as deemed necessary.
- Support manufacturing by maintaining and updating knowledge, product history, and performance criteria.
Use of prescribed tools:
- Git: Commit, branch, merge, and maintain source code in git.
- Redmine: Create, edit, update, and maintain Redmine issues.
- LPCXpresso, Eclipse, Code Warrior & other compiler tools.
- Other functions that may be assigned by the Director of R&D for the achievement of Department & Company goals.
Duties (and/or tasks to perform critical to success):
- Properly document project-related information and references, including but not limited to emails, using the R&D tools provided: Redmine, Git repositories, IDE, and compiler tools
- Develop using LPCXpresso, embedded C, debugging and flashing tools.
- Develop database interfaces and manage test results databases.
- Develop test infrastructure with LabView or equivalent tools.
- Develop scripting methods for test and build automation.
- Develop source code according to Levven standards.
- Develop test cases and regression sets according to Levven standards.
Education: flexible (Director’s discretion)
Minimum Experience: flexible (Director’s discretion)
- Object oriented design and architecture, encapsulation
- Scrum and Agile methods
- C#, VB, .NET, Java, LabView
- SQL Server
- Embedded C/C++
- Microcontrollers, embedded systems
- Test equipment, logic analysis
- Regression and unit testing methodologies
- Design for manufacturing, testing, tracing, programming.
- Git or equivalent distributed version control system
- Redmine or equivalent bug tracking system
License/Certification Requirements: NA
Salary Range: $48,000.00 to $82,000.00 annually