Levi Strauss & Co. Employee Reviews

Work with a lot of experience
SALES ASSOCIATE / PART TIME KEY HOLDER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 December 2017
The Levi's give me an opportunity to be more open with different people, find the perfect fit for them.
The work was enjoyable because of the varieties of people and experience.
Pros
Team work
Cons
no lunch
Needs improvement
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Claireville, ON3 December 2017
Employees need to be more valued at this place, no matter how hard you work you don’t get the recognition you deserve. There is mandatory overtime for junior employees who have to work 12 hour shifts and sometimes that includes Friday/Saturday. The employees work hard and long hours every month to reach the production numbers and all they get is a thank you and sometimes a hot dog/burger. Considering levis is a multi billion dollar business you would think that there would be some kind of bonus program but shockingly there isn’t. You work hard all year 8-12 hour shifts away from your family and get a $25 dollar gift card. The work is straightforward and easy to understand but at times you find yourself feeling like just a rented mule.
Pros
The enployees
Look for a Canadian Company that values Canadian mentality
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2017
Pay was average, visual boring with minimal changes To keep up with trends. Struggle to maintain with budgeted hours, high unattainable goals. Favouritism within the company only if you worked higher than expected hours. No live life balance. American mentality as it's an American company. Company does not treat you like a human they treat you like just another number just to drive sales to make them richer.
Pros
Decent pay salary, good staff discount
Cons
Heavy workload. No higher management support for Human Resources or District Manager
Très bonne expérience professionnelle et personnelle
Manager (Former Employee) –  Étranger2 August 2017
C'est une très bonne entreprise, j'ai beaucoup appris à leurs côté
Pros
La fierté de la marque
Cons
Ne peux pas plus évoluer
Work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 February 2017
Working here was a very fun environment. Free pair of jeans every month if you hit your sales. We would also have a few levi's parties here and there. Its also a good place to enhance your customer service skills as you will be on the floor making sales most of the time.
Pros
free pair every month
Cons
only part time
Great Staff, weird focus
Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
Felt like I was doing was getting paid to fold. Seemed like very little actual sales situations with customers. So we folded jeans and shirts after customers picked them up and put them down. Also the discount caught me a little off guard. Same deal as anyone else who walked through the door on a sale day. Could be found at many other retailers for less.
Pros
Great storewide goal incentives
Cons
Having to sit around and wait for 30mins after all work was done.
Terrible Place
Sales Associate/Part Time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
Got hired here, and thought it was going to be great!!!!!! only to work there for a couple of weeks and they fired me for being pregnant!!!!!!
They called me on my way to work and was rude about it

that's not right in a company, and soon after this I come to find out that it happened to another girl who worked for this company.

A company shouldn't discriminate because a woman is pregnant,
out It's not right and when I went to head office about it, nothing was done
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything! rude employees
Best Retail Company ever!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
I have worked for a number of employers in the Retail Market place but never has any been as rewarding and support as Levi Strauss & Co. There is a reason that they are a number one employer and the best Jeans that one could ever own. I only left to try my luck in BC but am now returning to Alberta. I'd return to Levi Strauss & Co in a minute if there was something available at this time. If you work for them - STAY!!
productive and fun workplace
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
Working for Levi is very enjoyable, provides the opportunity to learn sales techniques as well as to build your own client base,
nice store
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2017
deal with a lot of customers. have nice store and great promotions. happy environment and great associates to work with. New store thats why everything is nice and clean.
Good Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2016
Typical day required opening and closing the store, making sure that all the paperwork was up to date, weekly schedules and store quotas were met, and merchandise was received and brought to the sales floor.
I learned how to manage my time, multitask. The staff was great to work with, everyone felt like family and was always willing to learn more and help out where they could.
Great company, good environment
Managing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 September 2016
It is a great company to work at.
Great benefits, moderately hard work
At times stressful, but rewarding.
Great environment, friendly staff
At times hard to control flow of customers
The hardest part is explaining company policies to customers who want something that is against the policy.
Pros
great benefits, enjoyable environment
Cons
long hours, hard to get time off, hard to get raises
Very fun and productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON28 September 2016
Everyday work was always different and fun. The managers showed they cared about their employees and customers. The salary and commissions were rightfully distributed. There was no hard part of the job except standing for long hours, but regardless time went by really fast when you enjoy your workplace.
No hours if you do not sell
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC20 September 2016
The main point of the job at Levi's, if you do not sell a lot, even if you are close to your quota, you get no hours or even fired. There is some favoritism going on in the store between employees and the manager. Hours get cut often and store is often empty.
Pros
50% off clothing
Cons
no hours
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 September 2016
Co-workers were amazing. Flexible hours. Min wage pay. After awhile we got new management and it wasn't the same anymore. You really do build a family while working there !
Pros
Discount on jeans
Cons
Management can be a tad bit annoying
Great culture with excellent corporate values
Commercial Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 May 2016
Friendly work atmosphere and allow for work life balance. You get a full filled day working to deliver the best customer and consumer experience whether it is from a product point of view, being in stock at store level or delivering a compelling marketing message.
environnement de travail productif et dynamique
Gestion des documents de caisse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 May 2016
mon experience dans la vente c'est améliorer grandement.
l'approche vers la clientèle c'est facilité
Great atmosphere all around.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2016
Working at Levi's was a very enjoyable experience. I had the pleasure of experiencing how helpful other people can be when you are in need of help and the silly disputes that happen from time to time among the workers. I learned how to appreciate certain things that I took for granted or never considered beforehand.

The management team was also great. They took great effort in ensuring that safety was a priority and smaller things like stretching every morning was something I felt was not done enough so i enjoyed this aspect as well.
Pros
Free Lunches every now and then
Cons
Some days you might be let out early but not a lot.
productive and fun
Retail/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON13 April 2016
enjoyed working there the staff was very friendly and very easy to get along with.
I learned work as a team is always better then working by yourself
Excellent workplace with positive employees.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
A typical day at work involves catering to customers making sure their shopping is easy. You learn how to have patience and listen to people's needs. My co-workers and management team are very supportive and some of the most compassionate people you will ever meet. The hardest part of my job is not knowing if you are going to have stable hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people.
Pros
Amazing workplace environment
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levi Strauss & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.