Levi Strauss & Co. Employee Reviews

Great company, good environment
Managing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 September 2016
It is a great company to work at.
Great benefits, moderately hard work
At times stressful, but rewarding.
Great environment, friendly staff
At times hard to control flow of customers
The hardest part is explaining company policies to customers who want something that is against the policy.
Pros
great benefits, enjoyable environment
Cons
long hours, hard to get time off, hard to get raises
Very fun and productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON28 September 2016
Everyday work was always different and fun. The managers showed they cared about their employees and customers. The salary and commissions were rightfully distributed. There was no hard part of the job except standing for long hours, but regardless time went by really fast when you enjoy your workplace.
Great atmosphere all around.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2016
Working at Levi's was a very enjoyable experience. I had the pleasure of experiencing how helpful other people can be when you are in need of help and the silly disputes that happen from time to time among the workers. I learned how to appreciate certain things that I took for granted or never considered beforehand.

The management team was also great. They took great effort in ensuring that safety was a priority and smaller things like stretching every morning was something I felt was not done enough so i enjoyed this aspect as well.
Pros
Free Lunches every now and then
Cons
Some days you might be let out early but not a lot.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 September 2016
Co-workers were amazing. Flexible hours. Min wage pay. After awhile we got new management and it wasn't the same anymore. You really do build a family while working there !
Pros
Discount on jeans
Cons
Management can be a tad bit annoying
No hours if you do not sell
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC20 September 2016
The main point of the job at Levi's, if you do not sell a lot, even if you are close to your quota, you get no hours or even fired. There is some favoritism going on in the store between employees and the manager. Hours get cut often and store is often empty.
Pros
50% off clothing
Cons
no hours
Excellent workplace with positive employees.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
A typical day at work involves catering to customers making sure their shopping is easy. You learn how to have patience and listen to people's needs. My co-workers and management team are very supportive and some of the most compassionate people you will ever meet. The hardest part of my job is not knowing if you are going to have stable hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people.
Pros
Amazing workplace environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Great culture with excellent corporate values
Commercial Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 May 2016
Friendly work atmosphere and allow for work life balance. You get a full filled day working to deliver the best customer and consumer experience whether it is from a product point of view, being in stock at store level or delivering a compelling marketing message.
productive and fun workplace
Cherrypicker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 January 2015
workers work hard all day but also have time to have fun, talk with each other, and take a break. I learned how to work with others and be able to communicate and solve problems I come across. the management listens to the problems and needs of the employees and solves them in a timely manner. most co-workers are easy to get along with and are hardworking. the hardest part of the job is when employees have conflicts regarding the distribution of the job and the long hours of standing. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to learn how to operate machines that are new to me and working with people who share the same interest.
benefits
Cons
was a great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 November 2015
Loved working at Levis great co workers lots of different jobs to apply for .Had different culture events .Management had a open door policy and was part of the team. Great hours and overtime was not mandatory.
Pros
great events for family
Cons
levis closed in canada
Build Release Engineer
Devops/Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  CA17 March 2016
● Experience in working as Dev Ops engineer/Build &Release engineer for release automation and implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI and CD)
● Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, and Implementing, Post-production analysis of the projects.
● Ability in deploying the developed code in a Apache Tomcat/JBOSS, IIS7.
● Efficient in working closely with core product teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds.
fun,diverse place to work
PART TIME (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON12 January 2016
Shifts are usually 4 hours long, and depending on your availability you tend to only get 3 shifts average a week.

MANAGEMENT IS GOOD.

EVERYONE IS FRIENDLY.

hardest part of the job is that its in a tourist mall so you need to have good communication skills to be able to help various people.
Pros
free items
Cons
short shifts
great work environment, friendly staff, and extremely successful
Sales stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2016
Levis Strauss & Co. was my first part time job. Since i was never involved in a business environment, i did not know what to expect when it came to the way customers and my fellow employees would treat me. within the first week, i felt that my effort was well appreciated by all members of the staff which motivated me to continue the hard work. throughout my 2 years of part time employment at Levis Strauss & Co. we have nearly achieved our monthly store goal set for us by corporate every month. Levis Strauss & Co. has treated me with extreme class and fairness.
Pros
the opportunity to interact with the public
Cons
short hours
This job sucks.
Order Picker Operator (Cherry Picker) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 November 2015
Management breaths down your neck about quotas which are unrealistic at 90 boxes an hour for picking and 200 boxes an hour for putaway. Putaway boxes range for 30-50lbs. They pay just above minimum wage and wage progression sucks. One guy had been working there for 5 years and was only making 15$ an hour as a machine operator. Killed myself just trying to make minimum quotas. Everyone hates one another and is out to get one another. all together a toxic work environment.
Fun and exciting workplace until you learn everything.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 December 2015
Starting off this job was one of the most enjoyable parts; every shift for the first few months you'd be getting to know your co-workers, getting to know the product you were selling, and most importantly acquiring skills that range from customer service to shipping & receiving product.
Every day was filled with fun and excitement until the rush is over; after that, it's just shift after shift of repetition, watching the clock slowly tick until your shift ends.

This may be like every retail job, but if you're passionate enough about a brand, I believe that you would not get bored of it, but unfortunately for me, I was not a huge fan of Levi's to begin with.
productive and fun
Retail/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON13 April 2016
enjoyed working there the staff was very friendly and very easy to get along with.
I learned work as a team is always better then working by yourself
amazing working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan14 October 2015
Delivering excellent customer service was a top priority, while working together as a team made it fun. Management was able to dictate roles and responsibility without creating animosity.
Productive and clean workpalce that pushes sales to a fault
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2015
I and my fellow co-workers were forced to forced to push clothing sales and "help" customers to a fault by management. Every customer must be greeted and offered help, asked what they're looking for the second in the door. If they say they're fine we still had to ask more questions before we left them alone for like 2 minutes before we had to go back and ask again and recommend they buy some other article of clothing. I have read reviews stating how uncomfortable the customers felt and annoying the employees are. Speaking of management, the place is like a high school drama show. It may be entertaining for a while but the constant gossip and talking behind each others back got really tiresome.
Pros
constant hirings, can be entertaining, youth staff members are kind
Cons
constant firings, drama, poor biased managment, borderline customer harasment
Amazing workplace, great learning experience with managers that are great at their job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 April 2015
mostly selling jeans and talking to customers
learned alot about jeans
management was diverse and well educated
hardest part was grabbing the ladder to get jeans from high shelves
most enjoyable part was meeting all the customers talking about levis and the iconic brand as well shopping for jeans in general
as well as seeing all the different personal styles of the management team and fellow coworkers
Management was a gong show.
sales associate (Former Employee) –  calgary ab12 August 2015
sales associates were great but one of the managers had a screw loose. Unprofessional and irresponsible management is what drove me away from levis. But the sales associates were good. the schedule was not really all that flexible.
Pros
steady breaks
Good work/life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, ON2 March 2014
Great customers and product.
Store management is helpful and understanding.
Good prices and product variety.
Sales staff get hours based on sales productivity.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no opportunities for advancement