Levi Strauss & Co. Employee Reviews

Great Staff, weird focus
Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
Felt like I was doing was getting paid to fold. Seemed like very little actual sales situations with customers. So we folded jeans and shirts after customers picked them up and put them down. Also the discount caught me a little off guard. Same deal as anyone else who walked through the door on a sale day. Could be found at many other retailers for less.
Pros
Great storewide goal incentives
Cons
Having to sit around and wait for 30mins after all work was done.
Terrible Place
Sales Associate/Part Time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
Got hired here, and thought it was going to be great!!!!!! only to work there for a couple of weeks and they fired me for being pregnant!!!!!!
They called me on my way to work and was rude about it

that's not right in a company, and soon after this I come to find out that it happened to another girl who worked for this company.

A company shouldn't discriminate because a woman is pregnant,
out It's not right and when I went to head office about it, nothing was done
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything! rude employees
Best Retail Company ever!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
I have worked for a number of employers in the Retail Market place but never has any been as rewarding and support as Levi Strauss & Co. There is a reason that they are a number one employer and the best Jeans that one could ever own. I only left to try my luck in BC but am now returning to Alberta. I'd return to Levi Strauss & Co in a minute if there was something available at this time. If you work for them - STAY!!
productive and fun workplace
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
Working for Levi is very enjoyable, provides the opportunity to learn sales techniques as well as to build your own client base,
nice store
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2017
deal with a lot of customers. have nice store and great promotions. happy environment and great associates to work with. New store thats why everything is nice and clean.
Good Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2016
Typical day required opening and closing the store, making sure that all the paperwork was up to date, weekly schedules and store quotas were met, and merchandise was received and brought to the sales floor.
I learned how to manage my time, multitask. The staff was great to work with, everyone felt like family and was always willing to learn more and help out where they could.
Great company, good environment
Managing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 September 2016
It is a great company to work at.
Great benefits, moderately hard work
At times stressful, but rewarding.
Great environment, friendly staff
At times hard to control flow of customers
The hardest part is explaining company policies to customers who want something that is against the policy.
Pros
great benefits, enjoyable environment
Cons
long hours, hard to get time off, hard to get raises
Very fun and productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON28 September 2016
Everyday work was always different and fun. The managers showed they cared about their employees and customers. The salary and commissions were rightfully distributed. There was no hard part of the job except standing for long hours, but regardless time went by really fast when you enjoy your workplace.
No hours if you do not sell
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC20 September 2016
The main point of the job at Levi's, if you do not sell a lot, even if you are close to your quota, you get no hours or even fired. There is some favoritism going on in the store between employees and the manager. Hours get cut often and store is often empty.
Pros
50% off clothing
Cons
no hours
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 September 2016
Co-workers were amazing. Flexible hours. Min wage pay. After awhile we got new management and it wasn't the same anymore. You really do build a family while working there !
Pros
Discount on jeans
Cons
Management can be a tad bit annoying
Great culture with excellent corporate values
Commercial Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 May 2016
Friendly work atmosphere and allow for work life balance. You get a full filled day working to deliver the best customer and consumer experience whether it is from a product point of view, being in stock at store level or delivering a compelling marketing message.
Great atmosphere all around.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2016
Working at Levi's was a very enjoyable experience. I had the pleasure of experiencing how helpful other people can be when you are in need of help and the silly disputes that happen from time to time among the workers. I learned how to appreciate certain things that I took for granted or never considered beforehand.

The management team was also great. They took great effort in ensuring that safety was a priority and smaller things like stretching every morning was something I felt was not done enough so i enjoyed this aspect as well.
Pros
Free Lunches every now and then
Cons
Some days you might be let out early but not a lot.
productive and fun
Retail/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON13 April 2016
enjoyed working there the staff was very friendly and very easy to get along with.
I learned work as a team is always better then working by yourself
Excellent workplace with positive employees.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
A typical day at work involves catering to customers making sure their shopping is easy. You learn how to have patience and listen to people's needs. My co-workers and management team are very supportive and some of the most compassionate people you will ever meet. The hardest part of my job is not knowing if you are going to have stable hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people.
Pros
Amazing workplace environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Build Release Engineer
Devops/Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  CA17 March 2016
● Experience in working as Dev Ops engineer/Build &Release engineer for release automation and implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI and CD)
● Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, and Implementing, Post-production analysis of the projects.
● Ability in deploying the developed code in a Apache Tomcat/JBOSS, IIS7.
● Efficient in working closely with core product teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds.
great work environment, friendly staff, and extremely successful
Sales stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2016
Levis Strauss & Co. was my first part time job. Since i was never involved in a business environment, i did not know what to expect when it came to the way customers and my fellow employees would treat me. within the first week, i felt that my effort was well appreciated by all members of the staff which motivated me to continue the hard work. throughout my 2 years of part time employment at Levis Strauss & Co. we have nearly achieved our monthly store goal set for us by corporate every month. Levis Strauss & Co. has treated me with extreme class and fairness.
Pros
the opportunity to interact with the public
Cons
short hours
fun,diverse place to work
PART TIME (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON12 January 2016
Shifts are usually 4 hours long, and depending on your availability you tend to only get 3 shifts average a week.

MANAGEMENT IS GOOD.

EVERYONE IS FRIENDLY.

hardest part of the job is that its in a tourist mall so you need to have good communication skills to be able to help various people.
Pros
free items
Cons
short shifts
Fun and exciting workplace until you learn everything.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 December 2015
Starting off this job was one of the most enjoyable parts; every shift for the first few months you'd be getting to know your co-workers, getting to know the product you were selling, and most importantly acquiring skills that range from customer service to shipping & receiving product.
Every day was filled with fun and excitement until the rush is over; after that, it's just shift after shift of repetition, watching the clock slowly tick until your shift ends.

This may be like every retail job, but if you're passionate enough about a brand, I believe that you would not get bored of it, but unfortunately for me, I was not a huge fan of Levi's to begin with.
Positive work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 December 2015
Nice staff and nice managers, everyone is always willing to help each other out. Learned to work on commission and gained a lot of knowledge in customer service.
Pros
Free jeans every month
Cons
Sometimes sales get stolen
was a great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 November 2015
Loved working at Levis great co workers lots of different jobs to apply for .Had different culture events .Management had a open door policy and was part of the team. Great hours and overtime was not mandatory.
Pros
great events for family
Cons
levis closed in canada

80%