Levi Strauss & Co. Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
fun,diverse place to work
PART TIME (Current Employee), Halton Hills, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: free items
Cons: short shifts
Shifts are usually 4 hours long, and depending on your availability you tend to only get 3 shifts average a week.

MANAGEMENT IS GOOD.

EVERYONE IS FRIENDLY.

hardest part of the job is that its in a tourist mall so you need to have good communication skills to be able to help various people.
great work environment, friendly staff, and extremely successful
Sales stylist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: the opportunity to interact with the public
Cons: short hours
Levis Strauss & Co. was my first part time job. Since i was never involved in a business environment, i did not know what to expect when it came to the way customers and my fellow employees would treat me. within the first week, i felt that my effort was well appreciated by all members of the staff which motivated me to continue the hard work. throughout my 2 years of part time employment at Levis Strauss & Co. we have nearly achieved our monthly store goal set for us by corporate every month. Levis Strauss & Co. has treated me with extreme class and fairness.
Fun and exciting workplace until you learn everything.
Stylist (Current Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 27, 2015
Starting off this job was one of the most enjoyable parts; every shift for the first few months you'd be getting to know your co-workers, getting to know the product you were selling, and most importantly acquiring skills that range from customer service to shipping & receiving product.
Every day was filled with fun and excitement until the rush is over; after that, it's just shift after shift of repetition, watching the clock slowly tick until your shift ends.

This may be like every retail job, but if you're passionate enough about a brand, I believe that you would not get bored of it, but unfortunately for me, I was not a huge fan of Levi's to begin with.
productive and fun workplace
Cherrypicker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
workers work hard all day but also have time to have fun, talk with each other, and take a break. I learned how to work with others and be able to communicate and solve problems I come across. the management listens to the problems and needs of the employees and solves them in a timely manner. most co-workers are easy to get along with and are hardworking. the hardest part of the job is when employees have conflicts regarding the distribution of the job and the long hours of standing. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to learn how to operate machines that are new to me and working with people who share the same interest.
Build Release Engineer
Devops/Release Engineer (Current Employee), CAMarch 17, 2016
● Experience in working as Dev Ops engineer/Build &Release engineer for release automation and implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI and CD)
● Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, and Implementing, Post-production analysis of the projects.
● Ability in deploying the developed code in a Apache Tomcat/JBOSS, IIS7.
● Efficient in working closely with core product teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds.
This job sucks.
Order Picker Operator (Cherry Picker) (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONNovember 7, 2015
Management breaths down your neck about quotas which are unrealistic at 90 boxes an hour for picking and 200 boxes an hour for putaway. Putaway boxes range for 30-50lbs. They pay just above minimum wage and wage progression sucks. One guy had been working there for 5 years and was only making 15$ an hour as a machine operator. Killed myself just trying to make minimum quotas. Everyone hates one another and is out to get one another. all together a toxic work environment.
Excellent workplace with positive employees.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
Pros: Amazing workplace environment
Cons: Not enough hours
A typical day at work involves catering to customers making sure their shopping is easy. You learn how to have patience and listen to people's needs. My co-workers and management team are very supportive and some of the most compassionate people you will ever meet. The hardest part of my job is not knowing if you are going to have stable hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people.
was a great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Brantford, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: great events for family
Cons: levis closed in canada
Loved working at Levis great co workers lots of different jobs to apply for .Had different culture events .Management had a open door policy and was part of the team. Great hours and overtime was not mandatory.
amazing working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), VaughanOctober 14, 2015
Delivering excellent customer service was a top priority, while working together as a team made it fun. Management was able to dictate roles and responsibility without creating animosity.
Positive work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONDecember 9, 2015
Pros: Free jeans every month
Cons: Sometimes sales get stolen
Nice staff and nice managers, everyone is always willing to help each other out. Learned to work on commission and gained a lot of knowledge in customer service.
Management was a gong show.
sales associate (Former Employee), calgary abAugust 12, 2015
Pros: steady breaks
sales associates were great but one of the managers had a screw loose. Unprofessional and irresponsible management is what drove me away from levis. But the sales associates were good. the schedule was not really all that flexible.
Productive and clean workpalce that pushes sales to a fault
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
Pros: constant hirings, can be entertaining, youth staff members are kind
Cons: constant firings, drama, poor biased managment, borderline customer harasment
I and my fellow co-workers were forced to forced to push clothing sales and "help" customers to a fault by management. Every customer must be greeted and offered help, asked what they're looking for the second in the door. If they say they're fine we still had to ask more questions before we left them alone for like 2 minutes before we had to go back and ask again and recommend they buy some other article of clothing. I have read reviews stating how uncomfortable the customers felt and annoying the employees are. Speaking of management, the place is like a high school drama show. It may be entertaining for a while but the constant gossip and talking behind each others back got really tiresome.
Amazing workplace, great learning experience with managers that are great at their job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 29, 2015
mostly selling jeans and talking to customers
learned alot about jeans
management was diverse and well educated
hardest part was grabbing the ladder to get jeans from high shelves
most enjoyable part was meeting all the customers talking about levis and the iconic brand as well shopping for jeans in general
as well as seeing all the different personal styles of the management team and fellow coworkers
stupid
Sales Associate (Former Employee), niagara falls, onJuly 21, 2015
Pros: nope
Cons: everything
rude management; new to retail, they barely trained me and then yelled at me when i didnt know how to sell the way they wanted me to.
Intensive and fun work place of selling Levi's jeans.
seller in store (Former Employee), Niagara, OnJune 9, 2012
Pros: good working environment
Cons: low salary
•To sell Levi’s and Dockers irregulars and closeouts, while offering customer’s value, selection and superior service.
•To make or exceed our financial and strategic objectives in order to ensure the profitability and financial stability of our Company.
Productive and Quality
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Initiative, come on time, hard working, polite friendly with my co worker,
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cookstown ONJune 29, 2015
The team at Levis was remarkable and i love working with the staff and gaining knowledge from each and every customer i have helped.
Job responsibility
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: sometimes boring days
My responsibilities included helping customers with their purchases, folded clothes, restocking shelves and tagging garments. In addition to this I worked as a cashier.
Growing company
Key Holder (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Company has a difficult time adjusting to change. Management worked closely with employees to ensure efficiency.
The job paid well!
Great Place To Work
Stock/Merchandising, Keyholder (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2015
Levis is a great place to work . Like all jobs there are some ups and downs but working for Levis is great . It is one of my favourite jobs that i have had. I have learned so much in my short time of working there and i hope it continues that way on the future.
Headquarters