The Offshore HSE Representative will provide HSE support and assistance to Fugro GeoSurveys' Business Line Managers, Project Managers, HSEQ Manager, Party Chiefs and Project Supervisors as required with regards to specific project requirements.
The Offshore HSE Representative will act in an advisory capacity and as the principal point of contact for all matters pertaining to project-specific HSE. S/he will be responsible for the implementation, coordination and maintenance of a project’s management system components respecting Health, Safety, and Environment. S/he will assist and/or conduct HSE inspections of third party sub-contracted facilities, including vessel inspections and audits. This position supports Project Safety Coordinators, Safety Representatives and Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committees (JOHSC) as appropriate and prepares project HSE documentation on an ongoing and as-needed basis and assists with accident/incident investigation process where necessary.
The Offshore HSE Representative will liaise with and maintain good working relationships with the client, vessel operator, subcontractors, and regulatory agencies, etc., as applicable with respect to HSE issues and actively contribute to maintaining good client relationships.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Background in health and safety with associated levels of training and skills.
- Formal training in HSE programs as applicable such as: incident investigation, OH&S Committee, WHMIS, energy isolation, fall protection, first aid, etc.
- Formal training in a relevant field of engineering or technology (minimum three year program).
- Operational experience in an offshore marine environment, preferably Canada’s East Coast Oil and Gas Industry.
- Experience in working with HSE Management systems, preferably in a marine environment.
- Familiarity with C-NLOPB, C-NSOPB, Transport Canada and other applicable regulatory agencies related to the East Coast of Canada.
- Appropriate and valid safety certification for work in Canada's East Coast offshore environment (i.e. cold water safety survival training, valid offshore marine medical, etc.).
Indeed - 4 months ago