Second Class Power / Stationary Engineer – St. John’s, Newfoundland
Levert Executive is the largest recruitment agency in Northern Ontario with offices in North Bay, Sudbury and Timmins. We now have an office in St. John’s, Newfoundland! Our client base is made up of small, medium and multinational organizations. We have been successfully serving clients and candidates for over 25 years.
- 5-7 years CANADIAN EXPERIENCE in progressively responsible power engineering positions,
- Some supervisory experience (up to 1 year) required
- Graduation from high school; or any equivalent combination of experience and training required.
- Possession of valid 2nd Class Power Engineer certificate as issued by the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador (or acceptable provincial license) is required
- Must be able to work in confined spaces to facilitate or inspect internal repairs.
- Familiarity with personal computer operations and knowledge of MS Office would be assets.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supervising and directing the work of assigned shift staff and other personnel;
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of high pressure heating plant and related equipment through regular inspection;
- Maintaining log books, conducting water testing on high/low pressure boilers, chiller systems, cooling towers, and closed loops;
- Operating and regeneration of softeners and mixed bed demineralizers;
- Maintaining and operating emergency power systems and equipment; administering a lockout/tag out system;
- Arranging coverage for shift and maintenance within Central Utilities;
- Assisting in the development of operational procedures and the training of new staff; and performing other related duties as required.
Thank you to all that apply; however, please note that only those that qualify may be contacted.