Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Professional Workplace
Development Intern (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PANovember 4, 2015
During my time as an intern for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society I experienced an extremely professional yet friendly work environment. While aiding staff members in the office they took the time to help me learn the daily activities and responsibilities required to work in an office setting. It was a great opportunity for me to accept responsibility and to carry out tasks with little to no supervision.
I would not work here
Temporary Campaign Assistant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: No job security
I started working at the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in August 2015. I was hired on as a temporary Campaign Assistant. My assignment was supposed to be from August to March. I have this in an email from my former manager. I was call into the office one day and told my position had ended. They said we met our goal and had to make budget cuts. Of course, I don't believe this at all. There are a lot of politics and power hungry people in upper management. I would not suggest working here even as a temporary employee.
Nice and home-like kitchen for emloyees
Marketing intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast
Cons: Short break
I was daily responsible for designing the flyers and leaflets for each major marketing campaign or event. Also, I would help them contact their potential donor to persuade them into being regular donors towards their programs. Besides, I edited and managed their official website concerning the information to be updated once in a while. The most important thing I've learned from this position is teamwork. I have to make sure every one was on the same page in order to make the final decisions. Their culture and management is great and everyone could be fairly treated as one of a big family. The most challenging part of this internship was to keep donors being our regular donors while the most enjoyable part of the job would be to talk with people on the phone and share our stories with them.
volunteer
Seasonal Volunteer (Current Employee), new york new yorkMay 7, 2015
i learned about cancer i found my job easy cause we was dealing with people who service cancer and people that going thru it and awardness.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), DenverMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Feel good
Cons: Seeing pain
I great place to volunteer and great people that work for LLS. Well run and also very friendly staff. Ongoing volunteer work
Internship
Intern (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Each day at my internship makes me feel that I am helping to make a difference in the fight against cancer. Even though my part is small I try to the best of my abilities to help in any way. I've learned about all the elements it take to run an efficient campaign. There is a huge amount of planning, preparation, and communicating with all the entities that are involved in a campaign. It is a rewarding job and my experience so far has been wonderful.
Good People and Cause, Average Pay, Fundraising is hard
Pennies for Patients School Recruiter (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: good people, decent pay
Cons: temporary positions, hard to raise funds
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is a great place to work. I feel like I'm doing a good thing everyday I go to work. on the downside, fundraising can often feel like telemarketing. Lot's of the people we contact are not interested and don't have time for us.
Productive and for a great cause
Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
I learned a lot about the organization and its cause.
Workers were very warm and comforting.
Made the environment comfortable to work in.
job culture
stewardship (Former Employee), white plains , nyNovember 21, 2014
Pros: nice people, casual enviroment
Cons: promised a full time job aty end of temp - however never had funds for it
Great place to work, nice poeople , not very stressful

A day at work can be bust lots of spread shieets, powerpoints and high demand of projects with deadlines
Non-profit with corporate sales practices
Campaign Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Los AngelesJune 13, 2014
Pros: free paid parking
Cons: everything
Yes we hope we are raising funds for a good cause, but I wonder. I was hired as a contract school and youth assistant campaign manager. It was telesales boiler room, being on the phone non-stop for 5 hours, harassing poor teachers by interrupting them during class time. You will become that telesales person who calls you during dinner "Asking is this a good time?" There is no creativity, as you'll be reading from a script. Your name will be on a board and the number of registrations you closed will be next to it. You ring a bell when you close a school or play silly motivated games to win a $5 target gift card.

I would say the best part I met some incredible nice people who were also temporary contract employees. We just bonded as it was a toxic environment.
Excellent Place to WOrk
Staff Acct/Financial Analyst (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJune 11, 2014
After graduation this company allowed me to apply my knowledge obtained in school and develop my skill in a practical manner. Excellent place to work.
Best for entry-level self starter
Campaign Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 1, 2014
This is a good place to start in the not for profit field because of the many opportunities to collaborate with co-workers. While it is rewarding work intrinsically the salary is not sufficient for those with experience. Training is not very consistent but there are tools available for an eager new employee to seek them out and explore on their own.
Exciting place to work with all the research breakthroughs happening
Area Executive Director, Southern CA Region (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: working with amazing volunteers
Cons: knowing there are more research grants that deserve funding and the money isn't there
Wonderful staff and volunteers who believe in the mission and will do whatever it takes to find a cure. Everyday is different which is what makes it a great place to work.
Great Cause, non-profit
Campaign Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: great cause
Cons: not respected
As an intern you do anything and everything asked, yet was not really rewarded
Non-Profit Giving
CAMPAIGN MANAGER- LIGHT THE NIGHT WALK (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 16, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working for a greater cause such as curing cancer. Being a cancer survivor (thanks to LLS) at such a young age, my mission was always to give back to others the way they gave back to me. As much as I would love to make this my career, there is no room for advancement or growth.

It has been a blessing to have worked with this organization, but I would love to find something I can grow into and advance within the organization all while developing and fine tuning my skills and expertise.
okay
Light The Night Campaign Director (Current Employee), Orange County Inland EmpireOctober 28, 2013
The plus has been working to find a cure for blood cancers and raising funds for patient services.
Executive Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2013
The LLS is great organization that allowed me to make a difference and move their mission forward.
Fun atmophere
Campaign Director (Former Employee), New JerseyJuly 15, 2013
Great place for entry level work. Will gain experience in a lot of different avenues.
A learning experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 16, 2013
Trained me in office etiquette and function. Learned to self-start and exceed standards without supervision or clear-cut guidelines. Allowed me to become well-versed in information systems and administrative duties and protocol.
Good cause managed by the wrong people
Former Employee (Former Employee), Los AngelesApril 8, 2013
Pros: good cause
Cons: poor job security, high turnover
Similar experience with every other poster here. I'd agree with management having preferences over work quality and would constantly hear about the turnover rate. Pay is decent but IMO, not worth the hassle of poor management.