Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NY27 October 2017
I practically grew up here! They taught me everything I know I was able to grow and learn here. I was sad to go but had to relocate and would do it all again given the opportunity.
money is the bottom line
Telerecruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NY23 October 2017
Poor workplace culture, clannish. No mentorship and poor communication. The main goal is to raise money and more money and promote a positive image.
Pros
Cons
clannish work culture
Productive and fun place to work
Currently a Campaign Intern (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI19 October 2017
Very rewarding job opportunity. Relaxed environment and helpful volunteers make the job worth while. Great management that is understanding and wants the office as a whole to be successful.
A meaningful and satisfying place to work.
Senior Campaign Manager (Current Employee) –  Natick, MA27 September 2017
I very much enjoyed working for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. It's a pleasure knowing my work is so meaningful. I wouldn't be leaving, except the office is moving further east, and I just cannot face a 90 min commute each way every day.
Typical Day at LLS
Facilities Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NY22 August 2017
My typical day would be to arrive at 8am, answer phone calls for the entire office. Calls are from all over the world and be prepared to transerfer them to any one of 175 people. Meet and greet all visitors and staff as they enter the office. Make sure the conference rooms are ready and booked appropriately. Lead or listen to aproximately 3 or 4 conference call meetings per day in regards to real estate of other facilities located through out America & Canada or contracts for xerox machines & mail machines located in offices throughout America & Canada. These meeting can last from 30min- 1 hour. Make sure the office had supplies. Properly code all facilities invoices from the home office and invoices pertaining to xerox & postal devices across America & Canada. Maintain heavy calendar for the Director of Facilities, Maintain heavy excel spread sheets, order food for conferences, assist in travel arrangements. I learned that customer service skills must always be sharp, I learned to manage my time very well and find short cuts to perform many tasks at the same time while keeping the integrity of the work high and consistent. I worked well in a group and on my own, often taking the lead when ever I could. Leaving at 5:30pm. The best part of my job was meeting all of the people who were recovering from Lymphoma and joining in the "Light the Night" charity. I felt that I was helping someone in need daily. I also enjoyed learning new computer programs in the facility. The least enjoyable about my job was the long winded meetings that took up a lot of time and phone  more... system. The phone set up meant I received hundreds of calls a day from all over the world all day, I wish there was more of a system that can bring them to the correct department instead of all of the calls coming directly to me. Currently, there are 3 people doing the same 1 position that I held.  less
Pros
Meeting new people, learned how to manage an extreme amount of work, hours were standared 8 - 5:30pm daily, short commute
Cons
Long meetings that took up precious time, Phone Set Up, low salary
Pros and Cons exist
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texas30 June 2017
More focus on mission needs to be placed. Too many office cliques not enough focus on placed on employees work life balance. Inability to feel job security.
Lls
Campaign Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RI24 May 2017
LLS is a good place to work. Co-workers are wonderful and like family. As a part time employee, work life balance is there. Communication between upper management and staff could be a little better. Pay scale is ok.
Pros
Wonderful employees
Cons
Communication a little lacking
great supportive place, wonderful children
leukemia fundraiser/ supporter (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NM31 March 2017
working for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society was amazing and a blessing. i am so proud we have people that care about these children having to fight for there lives so young before they have had a chance to live. The children are so strong and I am so proud of them. I helped raised money for them and i have so much gratitude to the people who donated and helped for this horrible disease and helping find a cure for it so the pain and suffering can come to an end.
Pros
helping our community
Cons
barely got to see the children.
Wonderful mission and passionate team
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NY24 January 2017
Everyone within the organization, across all fields, geographies and levels is dedicated to a day where no one else has to hear the words, "you have a blood cancer".
Because of limited resources and knowing the impact of doing (or not doing) your work, staff and volunteers push that much harder and work-life balance, while offered, is not always easy to achieve.
Pros
Mission impact, bright staff, new focus on professional development
Cons
Work life balance-self inflicted
Productive and a sense of belonging were here
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Rye, NY9 January 2017
Everyone at this business welcomed me and gave me the chance to show work skills. I had no problem working under the conditions given to me and I completed all jobs in a timely matter.
Fulfilling organization to work for! Not so good work/life balance
Campaign Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX19 October 2016
-worked a lot of nights and weekends
-recruited for endurance events and helped athletes fundraise!
-80% of the money raised went to the mission.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low pay, lots of nights and weekends.
Great Place to work
Vice President Controller (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NY30 September 2016
LLS is a great place to work for, the organization main mission is to find a cure for Leukemia and provide assistance to patients and their families.
Pros
Great Mission
Cons
Low family-work balance
Great Benefits, lacking management
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI14 September 2016
Loved the foundation and overall environment. Management lacked the direction and made changes that made it uncomfortable for everyone when they restructured the team.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of leadership
Close knit office that avoids monotony!
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX11 September 2016
I am a current intern at the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and thus far, I love it. The management is absolutely wonderful, always willing to help out and assure I have all of the tools I need to be successful here. They work with my school schedule, and I also find I am making an impact to the mission of the LLS. I learn more and more about the fundraising efforts as well as the people impacted by these endeavors. The most enjoyable part of this internship is working toward different major events and being able to perform tasks in different areas. I would recommend for anyone to work here.
Challenge and Joy
Controller / Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS7 July 2016
Finding creative ways to raise research dollars was both a challenge and a joy. This occurred with industry mandated programs but also in communication techniques that prompted a donor to give or to give more. It involved working with many types of people, both as co-workers and as volunteers to the Society.
Pros
Feel good position - giving back to society
Cons
Frequent turnover of upper management
Do what you love to help save lives
Senior Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NY10 May 2016
I have always loved advertising and communications. I get to do what I love and help (in my way) find cures for blood cancers.
Pros
great people, I get to do what I love and save lives.
Cons
LLS like any other organization is subject to the ups and downs of the economy.
place to grow
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CA10 April 2016
I have gain knowledge and given the opportunity to grow
I have made lots of friends

I have been given the opportunity to learn about Non-profit
Pros
can speak with my Supervision when ever
Great working environment
Campaign Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA22 March 2016
Loved working for this organization. Everyone worked well together and was always willing to help another colleague with an upcoming progress.
Great Place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NY21 February 2016
Was a great working environment, if I could I would still work there assisting people who are in an unfortunate situation.
Pros
Helping people in need
Cons
relocation
It was a very mundane workforce
tele-recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX20 January 2016
I did not enjoy working by myself at a desk. I thrive when I get the chance to be creative and with people and this was telerecruiting. My job was to call local schools and get them on board with our fundraiser for kids with cancer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9