How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada (LLSC), employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, or are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center; you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: National Campaign Coordinator
Conditions: Full-time maternity leave replacement contract
We are seeking an energetic professional to join the LLSC’s School & Youth (S&Y) team. S&Y is a value-building and service learning fundraising program that takes place in schools throughout Canada. Candidate will be responsible for managing outreach ambassadors; building and developing relationships with participating Eastern Canada schools. Additionally, s/he will also implement and supervise specific tactics designed to achieve income through prospect identification, recruitment and retention by telephone and other avenues. Weekend and evening hours, along with some travel, will be involved.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision, direction and training of the National Campaign Manager or assigned staff to accomplish duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for achieving the overall S&Y revenue budget for the assigned regions.
- Develops and Implements S&Y recruitment and retention plans.
- Responsible for hiring, training and supervising outreach ambassador staff for the Eastern Canada Region.
- Responsible of data base management, to ensure a successful recruitment process.
- Responsible for the overall management of participating schools.
- Tracks Eastern Canada Region campaign income and expenses, and facilitates comprehensive campaign records, evaluations and reports.
- Manages and assures the development of materials required for the successful implementation of the campaign including – but not limited to – recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, fax blasts or motivational materials, etc.
- Animates school assembly presentations.
- Promotes LLSC services available to schools across Eastern Canada.
- Assists, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other National activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Fundraising and/or sales experience is a must.
- Excellent word processing and database management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and professional demeanor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in both English and French.
- Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Staff management experience 2+ years experience.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Minimum preferred education: Bachelor's degree.
- Must have the ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
*We will only reply to those selected for interviews.
Please send your cover letter and C.V. in Word format by emsil or by fax 514-395-5283 attention: Rosalind Lovell by February 9th, 2013.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada (LLSC) is a voluntary (nonprofit) health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer...