LetsStopAIDS is Canada’s largest youth-focused, youth-driven HIV organization, having at our roots a strong tradition of HIV prevention through peer education. By actively engaging youth, we strive to create a worldwide network of youth leaders in response to this epidemic. We aim to share information and experiences, in order to inspire youth to take positive action within their communities, and create lasting change. LetsStopAIDS is a registered Canadian charity, and has signed onto the GIPA principles. Our projects have been commended at several events, including Bill Clinton and Bill Gates at the XVI International AIDS Conference and through various national media outlets such as CTV, CBC, MuchMusic, National Post, Metro and hundreds of local news publications.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Manager of Donor Relations will be in charge of maintaining rapport with previous donors, as well as building rapport with new donors or potential donors. The individual must be highly professional, organized, and must maintain a positive relationship with the donors. They must possess a professional demeanor, be able to work well under pressure, and be very outgoing and approachable.
LetsStopAIDS has an exciting 12-month volunteer contract opportunity for a confident, results-driven professional to join our Development team.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours/week (varies) (Most of time is virtual)
- Manage programs and activities designed to maintain and cultivate a positive, long-term relationship with current donors
- Maintain current and up-to-date information on donors
- Coordinates strategies on donor acquisition with team members
- Monitor and report the progress of all fundraising activities and development programs
- Collaborate with and provide support to other team members on all major fundraising initiatives
- Able to initiate and manage multiple simultaneous projects, all the while keeping them on track with deadlines
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
- Undergraduate degree in social service, communication, business, advertising/public relations or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience in donor relations work (fundraising, campaigning, etc.) or working for an NGO would be considered an asset
- Has knowledge of issues surrounding youth and HIV and AIDS
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and in team environment and able to demonstrate leadership capabilities
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced and result-orient environment
- Has proven problem-solving skills and capable of working well under stress
- Has excellent computer skills and have experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Willingness to work flexible hours when necessary to complete any unfinished work
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be an asset
LetsStopAIDS values diversity in the workplace, is committed to Employment Equity, and will provide reasonable workplace accommodations to all applicants and volunteers. LetsStopAIDS is dedicated to being representative of the communities in which we work and live. All interested individuals are encouraged to apply.
When sending your resume, include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject heading.