Lethbridge Family Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
great to work for
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 October 2017
This was a great place to work for the first year then unfortunately they moved me from the area i got used to and i didnt much like and or apppreciate that, you basically worked on your own with deadlines but as long as you have time management you were able to succeed in what u were doing
Love to make clients smile
HCA (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 September 2017
Loved my job. Making clients happy and healthy was a perfect fit for me. LFS was an amazing job with excellent staff and friendly Co workers. LFS provided all training and paid for your travel provided lunch for meetings. Everyone's opinion mattered, great company to work for.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 December 2016
It's hard to have a personal life when you work split shifts and put in 100 to 120 hours in twelve days. The management here is really bad as well. It reminds me of a hen house. The pay doesn't match that of a facility either. To the agency you are just another number in the system. They don't care if you work or if you don't.
fun and flexible work schedule
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 October 2016
it was a great work experience that involves a lot of interaction with the clients which is the rewarding part of the job
manager was very organized
they give out incentives
training is always paid
Amazing work place!
Intake Coordinator/ Receptionist/Admin (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 May 2016
I have worked for LFS in two different departments and it has seriously been the best place I have ever worked. The people are absolutely amazing, I love coming to work every day. I cannot say enough good things about LFS.
Pros
the people
It was a good learning experience
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB22 April 2014
I would typically start at 6AM every day with two or three other HCAs at the lodge. I would have about 30 minutes with each client to get them washed, groomed, dressed and ready for the day. I LOVED my clients. The management, however, left a lot to be desired.
Sometimes, particularly on holidays, the management would lose order and one person would get the entire morning run for a lodge, anywhere from 15 to 20 people in the span of 4 hours.
Pros
Loved dealing with the clients
Cons
A lot of split shifts, office politics, bad management, judgmental attiudes
Janitorial Services
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 January 2014
Swept, mopped, general cleaning of all business areas as well as other tasks as they were assigned.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
no cons
Nice Supervisor
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 November 2013
I go into homes and provided care to clients in their day to day activities.
Pros
Enjoyable visits
Cons
Split shifts weren't always okay with the children.
Awesome people and great company! I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and all the people
Success Coach\Child Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 August 2013
I was mostly and independent entity with my position but worked with various staff doing out-reach in the schools and on bigger out-reach activities (ex. Soup-Kitchen, Camp Retreat, Scuba-diving etc.) Outside of this I created mentoring activities in the community and did much networking to provide affordable experiences for the youth, (ex. free orchestra tickets, discounts on skiing). The hardest part of my job was probably letting it all go and giving myself a break, especially at home, because much of my work was done from home, (networking or connecting with the kids or team). The most enjoyable part was building the relationships with the kids. I truly loved my job, but unfortunately our funding was cut in July.
Pros
The kids and the team I worked with.
Cons
No cons..I loved my job.