A Vancouver-based, well-established Financial Advising Practice is offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant, who can provide exemplary support to a Senior Financial Advisor.
As the primary administrator to the President of a company within the financial services sector, the ideal candidate would be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the office, including, but not exclusive to:
- Providing a high level of assistance to the Financial Advisor through administrative support for client meetings, as well as proactive and ongoing relations with a large client base; inclusive of the preparation of client portfolio documents and assisting in the completion of various applications/administrative tasks. Responsible for scheduling meetings and new business measures, trades processing for new accounts and transfers, fund switches, follow-ups, etc.
- Becoming familiar and working with specialized Financial Planning software, as well as carrier specific illustration systems (training provided).
- Maintaining a current knowledge base in the financial services sector and becoming familiar as well as keeping up-to-date with various carrier's products and administrative procedures.
- Acting as the liaison between financial carriers, group plan administrators, inside and outside wholesalers, and case coordinators to ensure smooth operation of the office and a high level of maintenance for client portfolios.
- Day-to-day office procedures, such as maintaining an organized filing system, answering phone calls, organizing couriers/mail, ensuring necessary compliance procedures, etc.
- Ensuring orderliness in the President's business life through appropriate scheduling, business travel arrangements, preparing written correspondence, & verbal communication with clients.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Life Licensed (successful completion of the Life License & Qualifying Program) and/or designations/relevant education in the financial services sector would be assets (or a willingness to obtain the LLQP, if not licensed).
- High level of software proficiency with a technological aptitude for the use of financial planning software, illustration systems, and quotation programs.
- Detail-oriented with a high aptitude for numbers.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task in a dynamic arena, and be entrusted with maintaining a highly professional work environment.
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal.
- Past office administrative experience and Post Secondary education preferred.
Remuneration based on experience.
Interested applicants should respond by submitting their cover letter and resume to this posting. Telephone calls or recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 11 months ago