[This position is available mid-August 2013.]
Reporting to the Guest Service/Revenue Manager, the position of Switchboard Operator ensures excellence in guest and customer service through awareness and adherence to all Hotel duties, policies and procedures.
Support and assist the Front Office to provide 100% guest satisfaction by:
- Operating the Switchboard, two-way radio, public address systems, etc.
- Answering incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information and transferring calls.
- Routing emergency calls as necessary.
- Participating in Vision Excellence Training Calls
- Supporting emergency and security procedures
- Problem-solving guest concerns and proactively exceeding guest expectations
- Providing guests with information about hotel rooms, amenities, services and local attractions
- Responding promptly to all requests by guests and employees and informing managers of maintenance deficiencies, guest concerns or service issues.
- Working closely with all hotel departments to improve service delivery and efficiency
- Participation in departmental meetings, including pre-shift meetings
- Presenting a professional image at all times
- Ensuring the work environment is tidy and well organized at all times
- Adhering to all health and safety guidelines and standards
- Adhering to all internal audit and Les Suites’ standards requirements
- Achieving an average score of 10 on Vision Excellence training calls
- Actioning any other duties as assigned
- Ability to deal with all levels of management, staff and owners in a professional manner
- Fluently bilingual (written, spoken) in French and English. Other languages an asset.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Proficient with computerized systems including spreadsheets
- Knowledge of Brilliant system an asset
- Must have previous experience as a Switchboard Operator
- Ability to work within and meet deadlines. Proven ability to manage multi-tasked assignments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of guest / customer service
- Demonstrated stellar attendance
- Knowledge and familiarity of local services, attractions, Ottawa
- Diploma/Degree in Tourism or Hospitality an asset
- Availability to work any Front Office shifts including weekends and holidays and be flexible in scheduling and performance of tasks
Wage Rate: Training Period - $16.27 / After Training - $16.77
Benefits After Waiting Period: Health, Dental, Life, Pension, Vision
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.