Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews

Stressfull
front office and customer service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 September 2017
long days , over worked and under paid. customers are mean and management puts a lot of pressure with no appreciation. Management power trips all the time and an extreme abuse of authority.
Awful Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 September 2017
Don't waste your time working for Leon's. Leon's wants you to pay them to work. As a Sales Associate Leon's expect you to wear a five piece suit, but management will pay you 3% commission and take money out of that commission. Management harass me to get my beard shaved every week, while other employees were not bother because of religious belief. Also, Management is awful and will nag you everyday for sales and warranty, which is not usually good for the consumer.
Really Negative Environment
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 September 2017
I left Leon's solely because of the negative environment I was working in. I really enjoyed the work I did, and helping customers but the management and the people I worked with were always degrading each other, causing drama, or in a bad mood. Dealing with my co-workers was more exhausting than the actual work, and the management didn't respect their employees. So many times a customer would be screaming at you as you looked for a solution, and you would run back and fourth from the duty manager's office and the desk trying to figure it out, and the manager would never leave their office to help you or try to calm the situation. I would never ever recommend for someone to work here. The location that I worked at has lost at least 9 people from the front office since May. It's horrible. Maybe instead of focusing on their sales they should focus on how they treat their employees.
Pros
Punching Out
Cons
Punching In
Rewarding positive environment.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS6 September 2017
A typical day would start with a walk of the showroom, from there on to email communications focused on marketing plans often set months in advance followed by booking appropriate marketing support according to time lines. Next review of merchandise inventory levels with purchasing to identify gaps. Meeting with sales individually through out the day conduction performance reviews and establishing areas of focused training. Always a positive atmosphere focused on growth.
Hard Work, Heavy Objects
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 September 2017
Working there can get very busy with alot of trucks coming in at one time full with hundreds of products filling up the warehouse. There is barely any full timers which make high school students work very hard. We dont leave on time.
Pros
Close To Food Places
Cons
Never Leave ON Time
Was very good for keeping in shape.
Delivery truck driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 August 2017
A lot of heavy lifting, loading truck and delivering furniture. The most challenging part was getting heavy product into customers homes without any damage but it was always a success!
High turnover,
Driver (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 August 2017
Good group of people that you work with, middle management is really good. But upper management and owners are a joke. Over worked, under appreciated and way underpaid for what you're expected to do. I would gladly work with the same group of people if it was different owners and upper management.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, over worked
Warehouse order picker.
Part-time warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2017
Operate a lift truck to move/place/pick the furniture for either deliveries or customer pick-up.

Learned how to operate the lift truck/RFID scanner.

Not gonna lie, if you know how to move your weight around and can handle heavy loads then go for it. Otherwise, you really shouldn't apply.

Also good luck with the hierarchy, haha.
Horrible Place to Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coldbrook, NS15 July 2017
You will work here for a number of years and still make min wage.
The bosses treat you horribly. Lie to their customers. Delay on all product. Just a horrible place to work!
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
Way to many to list
Fantastic!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 July 2017
Leons was on of the best places ive volunteer at. All workers have manners and respect your space an you. No one is afreaid to be you friend no matter what and everyone gets along well
an over all great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 July 2017
working at Leon's was a very fun time in my life and i enjoyed it greatly. helping customers to find just the right item or listening proactively to any complaints they may have had. i enjoy helping people and look forward to doing so again in the future.the hardest part of the job was keeping up with orders as the went from my hands to finally the customer receiving their item after a time.orders could be put in but my not be filled 3 months due to lack of stock. that was my biggest pet peeve that items were not in stock. as a team the sales force worked well together and was wonderful about helping in almost any situation.
Pros
great work place atmosphere
Cons
low amounts of stock for customers
Amazing Coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 June 2017
Coming into work every day doesn't feel like a burden when I am surrounded by people that I love and enjoy being with. Everyone is understanding and thoughtful, and they are very flexible to ensure that you have a life outside Leon's.
Terrible place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 June 2017
Don't work at the Windsor location, I worked there for over 7 months as a front office associate and I was treated terribly. When I first started working there the 2 supervisors were so rude to me would never actually help train and the customer service manager was the worst not helpful at all. The work environment is terrible, all the employees talk badly about one another and make you feel terrible working there. We would go through so many new front office employees because no one could handle it. Overall worst place to work and they give you the worst hours if you're in school they don't care about you unless you're in their friend group. Childish.
Pros
Cons
Terrible hours, the people, managers, supervisors, training, washrooms.
Great company to work for as a student
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC2 June 2017
Worked there as a student to pay off my studies. Although not the best pay, management was very comprehensive and would treat their employees very well. I highly recommend this employer for students who want a great work experience.
I enjoyed my time there sometimes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2017
When there was constant business in the store it was much more enjoyable, but working in commission sales can be tough. I felt that the store was often times well over staffed or under staffed, particularly in the department I worked in.
Great Company
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canada29 May 2017
Awesome management team that fully supports the creativity of the wonderful staff. Strong leadership inspirations that help with day to day tasks of all sorts.
Low commission, poorly trained management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BC.24 May 2017
Management is promoted from within for the most part with no formal training! There is a fly be the seat of your pants attitude. Those few who have training keep the ship afloat. Commission is low: 3% on the first 5K in delivered sales within a 1 week period, then 5% above that. Flat 3% on appliances and electronics. No base salary. 100% commission. There are perks for mattresses and 'add-ons' but only the very top sales people can make a good wage.
Cons
Retail hours: work when the customers are there. ie every weekend.
very bad place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2017
Management did not know hot to do there own jobs and barely knew how to run a company. If you want a job where you just socialize and never grow then this is the place for you. Everyone working there left within a month of working there because the management is so bad to deal with. All the managers look like they have never managed anything in their lives. They are more concerned about where they are gong to be going out to get drinks then their own jobs. very disappointing place to work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
the management
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC12 May 2017
great team mates and managements.
Also great environment to work.
good company.
the only cons is the pay is commission and having an unstable
income.
Worst Job Ever
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON1 May 2017
overworked and under payed sums it up. but there is no future, no hope, and no reason to work here. you wont get a raise, you wont be treated fairly, and you will be replaced as soon as your inconvenient to the company, or start asking too many questions.
Pros
you saved someone else from getting this job
Cons
too many to list.