Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews

worst workplace I have ever had
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 January 2017
I worked there as a customer care department. Customer Care Manager is horrible. She does not train even new employee. She just put them into the floor. and finally we emploees are geeting yelled by the customers. the lady does not want teach anything to new employees. if anything happens wrong, just directly blame to new employees without knowing the truth behind it. They have always less employee. there is no time for others co-workers to replying anything. I do not blame my other associates. I know when they come into work, every minutes they have to take stresses and rush to finish work. lot of things they have to do in the same time. I do not know how she became customer care manager, she does not have any managerial skills. she is not even high school graduate.
Pros
NONE
Cons
long hours, get yelled all the time by customers
Good company
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 January 2017
This is a good company for a younger person to start out with and to move up to different levels of the business.
This job has flexible hours and provides an MIT program to allow other to advance in management.
Pros
job stability
Company is a joke
Front Office/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 December 2016
I worked for the company for just about 7 months was let go. They didn't give me a good reason, was told just wasn't working out. They are a joke of a company to work for, they don't care much about their employees I would never recommend the company to others for work, or to even shop there!
overall fun and the staff is like family.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 December 2016
Leons hasnt become the leader home furnish distribution for nothing ...leons continusly strives on the mantra part of the family...they take pride in making your hardest visions come true to ensure your home becomes ur home...the staff was great to work with..thehours are long but if u love ur work and the staff u soon realize u enjoy those long days.
Pros
staff. exciting
Cons
hard
Very exhausting
Warehouse Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 December 2016
Considering the fact i was a warehouse customer service associate, there was a lot of heavy lifting to do when you first start the job. However, as the shift continues and customers start making their way to the clearance section where i am placed is when it is more interesting as you get to deal with customers. The fun part is trying to sell them the products and convince them to buy it.
Franchise store, Not enough time in the day.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS12 November 2016
Go to work knowing there is going to be something not done that "NEEDS" to be done.
Too many Bosses, needing things done "Now".
Not enough W/H staff to accommodate work load.
People under me are GREAT to work with.
Best part of the job is no one bothers you in the W/H after hours and things can be completed then, AFTER office staff has gone home.
Medical is OK.
No real benefit from working there. After 6 months working there you get 25% off furniture only.
New employees get used/old apparel to represent the company.
Vacation pay paid on each cheque
Pros
You get paid from the minute you punch in to the minute you punch out.
Cons
TOO many bosses.
Leons Furniture
Delivery Driver/Swamper/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
The management are easy-going and very friendly...usually, lol. There are many different positions throughout the building that may be good for all kinds of people because it is a showroom and a warehouse. Home deliveries come from this location as well. The lunchroom is spacious and there is plenty of parking for staff.
Pros
Good people, easy-going management
Cons
4th floor deliveries, no pension
Great team mates and great upper management
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
I worked for Leon's furniture during a very big transition in the Marketing team management. It was a great learning experience where I was able to utilize my past experiences in helping the transition go smoothly. Due to my relocation I had to submit my letter of resignation. I had a great working relationship with my boss and the new management staff that came aboard at the time. They offered sports where I joined the volley ball team and was able to participate in the Sick Kids summer tournaments. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with all the papers throughout Canada for the distribution of our flyers. I developed some very good working relationships.
Pros
Profit sharing
Excellent work culture
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2016
- A day at work is good.
- Working style of a big company and its customer service.
- Management is really helpful.
- Co-workers are friendly.
- Dealing with angry customers but with the help of training we handle such situations successfully.
- Smile on happy customers face.
Pros
Health benefits, Dental benefits.
Cons
Sometimes angry customers
Great coworkers but Management needs to improve
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 September 2016
Typical day at work is busy, I do most of the work alone. Great coworkers, though. Salary is much to be desired considering the amount of work is given to us.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
horrible management
Bad overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canada13 August 2016
Would not recomend working here. Underpaid, their customer service policies are morally wrong. You're trained to basically be the bringer of bad news almost always. Managers are clicky biased and will 360 on you if you're easy to blame. You're basically going to expect being yelled at by customers 24/7 working in customer service and I can tell you right now8/10 people you're dealing with will be miserable. You're guarenteed fulltime hours but at the same time if you're not liked by managment you won't have much of a choice in what you work. Not much for work life balance. Pay is better than other retail jobs but is it worth it for the amount you have to take?
Pros
hour break
Cons
mistreatment
Fun place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2016
Great place to work. Fun people to work with. Good hours. very flexible .
Easy access to buses. close to tim hortons
overall i would work at leons again if given the chance
An awful job, with awful pay
Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 July 2016
Management is awful! Most of them treat their employees like they are their personal slaves. Sales associates are paid too much and everyone else is not paid enough. unfair here. sales staff is also constantly scrutinized. Customers abuse employees daily, and coworkers are okay.

Managers expect too much of their employees

BUT WHEN YOU UNDER-PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES LEONS, DONT EXPECT GREAT WORK :)
Pros
discount on furniture
Cons
awful pay, awful management on all levels
Nice workplace
Customer Service in Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 June 2016
I am thankful that leon's furniture company give me a good working experience since I worked. the Supervisors are friendly and kindly, they pay a lot patient to help employee to learn skills. The manager is a so nice lady, she always smile and help you to solve the problem even you have something hard to finish.
Pros
employee discount
Great environement with awesome People
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS6 June 2016
Beds, Bedrooms, Mattresses, Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, Chairs, Sectionals, Couches and Sofas great qualities with good hours
Pros
Food Truck + Barbeques
Enjoyable due to the co-workers and supervisors
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  20 McLevin Ave, Scarborough5 June 2016
The coworkers were around my age and had the same interests I had. The supervisors and warehouse managers were also outgoing and very lenient.
Pros
The Co-workers and management
Cons
Working Saturdays and Sundays
Geat place to work at and learned a lot
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2016
typical day at leons is unpacking things , unloading trucks , assembling tables , doing pick ups , going in the lift trucks taking couches etc.
learned how to drive a lift truck , everyone is really nice
Pros
teaches a lot of responsilibity
Cons
can be tough sometimes
Able to work productively while having fun with my co workers.
WAREHOUSE LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Debert, NS5 May 2016
A typical day at the Leons Warehouse would be getting up early in the morning. Driving to work on time and making sure everything is running smoothly when I arrive. That requires me to get all the work load ready for that day such as get the delivery trucks ready to go. Build furniture and place on the show room floor. When a customer buys something and that want it right away, my responsibility's are too put the furniture they bought into their vehicle and also make sure they are satisfied. I learned how too work well with co workers and learned how to be independent to get the job done. The hardest part about the job was that there was no hard part. The job was hardworking but I am a fast learner so I found no problem learning new things fast.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Under paid
great boss and staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2016
enjoyed working for them, easy sale on placemat adds, they do have excellent sales team, friendly , helpful and enjoy travel
Great
Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada3 May 2016
Your work/life balance is great, you get days off during the week and your off early on the weekends. Learn to be an exceptional salesperson within an environment designed by the Leon's family to continue learning throughout the year. Management and co-workers are professional both in appearance and character. Hardest part of the job is making it through the day in off peak seasons. Again management is trying to correct this issue by creating mini sales before massive quarterly sale months. Just be sure to save some money in the busy season to hold you over when its "dead".
Pros
The only free food you ever get is once a year. It's all you can eat Superstore hot dogs