Leon's Furniture

Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews

Franchise store, Not enough time in the day.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS12 November 2016
Go to work knowing there is going to be something not done that "NEEDS" to be done.
Too many Bosses, needing things done "Now".
Not enough W/H staff to accommodate work load.
People under me are GREAT to work with.
Best part of the job is no one bothers you in the W/H after hours and things can be completed then, AFTER office staff has gone home.
Medical is OK.
No real benefit from working there. After 6 months working there you get 25% off furniture only.
New employees get used/old apparel to represent the company.
Vacation pay paid on each cheque
Pros
You get paid from the minute you punch in to the minute you punch out.
Cons
TOO many bosses.
Great team mates and great upper management
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
I worked for Leon's furniture during a very big transition in the Marketing team management. It was a great learning experience where I was able to utilize my past experiences in helping the transition go smoothly. Due to my relocation I had to submit my letter of resignation. I had a great working relationship with my boss and the new management staff that came aboard at the time. They offered sports where I joined the volley ball team and was able to participate in the Sick Kids summer tournaments. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with all the papers throughout Canada for the distribution of our flyers. I developed some very good working relationships.
Pros
Profit sharing
Leons Furniture
Delivery Driver/Swamper/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
The management are easy-going and very friendly...usually, lol. There are many different positions throughout the building that may be good for all kinds of people because it is a showroom and a warehouse. Home deliveries come from this location as well. The lunchroom is spacious and there is plenty of parking for staff.
Pros
Good people, easy-going management
Cons
4th floor deliveries, no pension
Bad overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canada13 August 2016
Would not recomend working here. Underpaid, their customer service policies are morally wrong. You're trained to basically be the bringer of bad news almost always. Managers are clicky biased and will 360 on you if you're easy to blame. You're basically going to expect being yelled at by customers 24/7 working in customer service and I can tell you right now8/10 people you're dealing with will be miserable. You're guarenteed fulltime hours but at the same time if you're not liked by managment you won't have much of a choice in what you work. Not much for work life balance. Pay is better than other retail jobs but is it worth it for the amount you have to take?
Pros
hour break
Cons
mistreatment
Excellent work culture
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2016
- A day at work is good.
- Working style of a big company and its customer service.
- Management is really helpful.
- Co-workers are friendly.
- Dealing with angry customers but with the help of training we handle such situations successfully.
- Smile on happy customers face.
Pros
Health benefits, Dental benefits.
Cons
Sometimes angry customers
An awful job, with awful pay
Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 July 2016
Management is awful! Most of them treat their employees like they are their personal slaves. Sales associates are paid too much and everyone else is not paid enough. unfair here. sales staff is also constantly scrutinized. Customers abuse employees daily, and coworkers are okay.

Managers expect too much of their employees

BUT WHEN YOU UNDER-PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES LEONS, DONT EXPECT GREAT WORK :)
Pros
discount on furniture
Cons
awful pay, awful management on all levels
Nice workplace
Customer Service in Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 June 2016
I am thankful that leon's furniture company give me a good working experience since I worked. the Supervisors are friendly and kindly, they pay a lot patient to help employee to learn skills. The manager is a so nice lady, she always smile and help you to solve the problem even you have something hard to finish.
Pros
employee discount
Great
Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada3 May 2016
Your work/life balance is great, you get days off during the week and your off early on the weekends. Learn to be an exceptional salesperson within an environment designed by the Leon's family to continue learning throughout the year. Management and co-workers are professional both in appearance and character. Hardest part of the job is making it through the day in off peak seasons. Again management is trying to correct this issue by creating mini sales before massive quarterly sale months. Just be sure to save some money in the busy season to hold you over when its "dead".
Pros
The only free food you ever get is once a year. It's all you can eat Superstore hot dogs
Able to work productively while having fun with my co workers.
WAREHOUSE LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Debert, NS5 May 2016
A typical day at the Leons Warehouse would be getting up early in the morning. Driving to work on time and making sure everything is running smoothly when I arrive. That requires me to get all the work load ready for that day such as get the delivery trucks ready to go. Build furniture and place on the show room floor. When a customer buys something and that want it right away, my responsibility's are too put the furniture they bought into their vehicle and also make sure they are satisfied. I learned how too work well with co workers and learned how to be independent to get the job done. The hardest part about the job was that there was no hard part. The job was hardworking but I am a fast learner so I found no problem learning new things fast.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Under paid
Geat place to work at and learned a lot
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2016
typical day at leons is unpacking things , unloading trucks , assembling tables , doing pick ups , going in the lift trucks taking couches etc.
learned how to drive a lift truck , everyone is really nice
Pros
teaches a lot of responsilibity
Cons
can be tough sometimes
Fun place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2016
Great place to work. Fun people to work with. Good hours. very flexible .
Easy access to buses. close to tim hortons
overall i would work at leons again if given the chance
Enjoyable due to the co-workers and supervisors
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  20 McLevin Ave, Scarborough5 June 2016
The coworkers were around my age and had the same interests I had. The supervisors and warehouse managers were also outgoing and very lenient.
Pros
The Co-workers and management
Cons
Working Saturdays and Sundays
productive learning experience at Leon's Furniture Limited
delivery clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2016
Working at Leon's Furniture Limited was a great experience. I learned a lot of great customer service in many departments such as: Customer care, Whare House, and Deliveries. The management is very encouraging for co workers to learn and grow with the company. The co-workers make your experience at Leon's enjoyable and easy to coop with everyone. My most enjoyable period working at Leon's was working in the Whare house because it is a hands on job and made the time spent effective.
Pros
learned a lot about the computer systems used
Cons
not enough staff
great time working there
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2016
Enjoy working with all the employees at leon's furnitue. management is awesome and overall provide best services to customers. Also gained more experience in serving customers and working in a team.
Great environement with awesome People
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS6 June 2016
Beds, Bedrooms, Mattresses, Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, Chairs, Sectionals, Couches and Sofas great qualities with good hours
Pros
Food Truck + Barbeques
play ground for the kids
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2016
Atypical day at work, is when i get to work and call my customers regarding they're stock.

I've learned to grow and grow each day.

Management is awesome, everyone is like a family at Leon's and that's what i love most about it.

Co-workers are great and you get to meet new people everyday.

The hardest part of the time is trying to figure out what your customers need/want, instead of thinking about how much they will spend or how they are mean to you just because you are a sale rep; but that is the best part about being a sales rep.

When i help a customer pick out everything for they're house. that makes my day, i feel like if i can help that person make they're home beautiful and within they're budget, then that is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
busy days, employees, and happy customers.
Cons
long hours, managing your paychecks.
Typical Sales job
Furniture Salesperson (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC30 March 2016
You will find the job is fairly enjoyable until you end up working with people who take the job way to far, and start getting unfair with the sales and commission.

Its a fish tank and there are a lot of sharks.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2016
interesting people you would meet everyday and enjoyed selling them furniture etc.. set of goals that you where expected to meet great motivation
Pros
enjoyed meeting new people
Cons
too much computer work and forms to process their account info
Hard Work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2016
Fast paced Company and Always Needing more staff, i did manage to buy a lot of Furniture from there so i guess that was a plus, had a good Crew to work with so that made it Fun.
Pros
See alot New Furniture
Cons
Can Never Afford alot of the New Furniture.
Terrible pay for work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 April 2016
The work was short per day but the pay was terrible. It was a percentage of the value on your truck. And with the dropping prices, everything on sale, you didn't make that much.