Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible pay for work
Driver (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 18, 2016
The work was short per day but the pay was terrible. It was a percentage of the value on your truck. And with the dropping prices, everything on sale, you didn't make that much.
Typical Sales job
Furniture Salesperson (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCMarch 30, 2016
You will find the job is fairly enjoyable until you end up working with people who take the job way to far, and start getting unfair with the sales and commission.

Its a fish tank and there are a lot of sharks.
poor
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 24, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: working there
this place was poorly run and barely managed, the fellow employees where hyper competitive and stole sales. the product we sold was good but the establishment was not.
Average job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 12, 2016
Pros: Relaxed job
Cons: Poor management of workplace.
Average job average pay, management was decent at best. Co workers were decent and it was a very relaxed environment. Dont miss working there.
Hard Work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2016
Pros: See alot New Furniture
Cons: Can Never Afford alot of the New Furniture.
Fast paced Company and Always Needing more staff, i did manage to buy a lot of Furniture from there so i guess that was a plus, had a good Crew to work with so that made it Fun.
productive learning experience at Leon's Furniture Limited
delivery clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2016
Pros: learned a lot about the computer systems used
Cons: not enough staff
Working at Leon's Furniture Limited was a great experience. I learned a lot of great customer service in many departments such as: Customer care, Whare House, and Deliveries. The management is very encouraging for co workers to learn and grow with the company. The co-workers make your experience at Leon's enjoyable and easy to coop with everyone. My most enjoyable period working at Leon's was working in the Whare house because it is a hands on job and made the time spent effective.
good job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 29, 2016
I worked for leons for 5 years. very flexible on hours. it was a very physically demanding job. good people. i only left because i was in school and couldn't commit to the part time hours and college hours.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 28, 2016
Pros: enjoyed meeting new people
Cons: too much computer work and forms to process their account info
interesting people you would meet everyday and enjoyed selling them furniture etc.. set of goals that you where expected to meet great motivation
play ground for the kids
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: busy days, employees, and happy customers.
Cons: long hours, managing your paychecks.
Atypical day at work, is when i get to work and call my customers regarding they're stock.

I've learned to grow and grow each day.

Management is awesome, everyone is like a family at Leon's and that's what i love most about it.

Co-workers are great and you get to meet new people everyday.

The hardest part of the time is trying to figure out what your customers need/want, instead of thinking about how much they will spend or how they are mean to you just because you are a sale rep; but that is the best part about being a sales rep.

When i help a customer pick out everything for they're house. that makes my day, i feel like if i can help that person make they're home beautiful and within they're budget, then that is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Family style workplace
General Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Leon's treats employees like family. If you put in the hard work, you will be rewarded.

Lots of benefits (Free) and decent wages.
Great entry level job
Front Office Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 29, 2015
I gained customer service skills and computer skills. The coworkers are great to work with and an overall good environment to work in.
Delivery Person (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 4, 2015
Pros: being own boss (on the road), Christmas parties
Cons: Long hours, slow business, money low
The job was unreliable. Although I worked with some great people as a delivery team, the hours were long, the money to low, and certain times of each month, business was slow.
Stressful and underpaid
sales associate (Former Employee), Whitby, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Learn how to engage with customers
Cons: Underpaid, Long working day including every weekend, management.
It looks nice at first, but then you understand that you'll get blamed for any mistake that the management will do. You can sit for 12 hours with only 5 customers coming in, basically wasting 12 hours of your day and not getting paid for. There's constant rivalry between you and other sales associates, and the management encourages you to fight for every customer, making those endless hours to be even worse.
Leons Furniture Ltd.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 16, 2015
Pros: Great Friendship
Cons: Long Hours
Loved the environment. Great abilities and fun and amazing people,
I sold 750,000 dollars in my first year and that wasn't good enough. The goal for leons is One Million in order to keep your job. I did enjoy my job but some days I worked from 9:30am to 10:00pm. I am still passionate and love sales thank you
Great place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Orillia, ONOctober 14, 2015
Pros: 10hr's or more they pay lunch
Cons: none
I have worked with this company for about 2 years, I have enjoyed the staff and other employees, I would work in warehouse mostly but some time's would be needed to go on a delivery routes. I have learned a lot with this company such labeling, stocking and inventory.
Team oriented and hardworking workplace.
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2015
At Leon's Furniture I worked very hard in the stock position of the store with other crew members. Doing stocked helped me build my team working, communication, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
Supportive atmosphere
Customer Pick-Up Associate/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Great training, and great management. Staff was friendly and code ethics were always in check. Great practice for experience with customers. Shifts were fair and equal.
Laborer
Furniture mover/Laborer (Former Employee), Red deer ABSeptember 23, 2015
I helped deliver furniture and appliances to customer homes. I enjoyed it very much. I enjoyed the presence of my co worker.
Professional and great place to work!
front desk/customer service/credit merchant (Former Employee), Downtown TorontoSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: Great break times, very relaxing work setting
Cons: lots of pressure for deadlines and paperwork
Ive learned great multitasking, task managing and interpersonal skills working at this Leon's location! Very laid back workplace leaves a very relaxing atmosphere that has me looking forward to coming into work each morning, regardless of the workload.
They pay horrible
Front Dock Supervisor (Former Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: horrible pay for back breaking work
for the tasks you are assigned to do the pay is horrible. it's just above minimum wage and you do a lot of heavy lifting so do yourself a favour and go work at tim hortons or mcdonalds for minimum wage and enjoy life.