Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews

Good work place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
Quiet environment. Typical day at work is checking emails and sitting in front of your computer the whole day. Management is ok. Company is growing and starting to restructure. should have been done a long time ago.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
some people are not so friendly
Great people, lack of training
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 January 2018
Great people, and work environment. Lack of training, and communication.
Administrative and Customer service associate are drastically under paid for the workload and problem solving that is required.
Very Productive
Front Office Supervisor/ Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 January 2018
Workplace was a very good one to work at, very productive and good work environment. Management team was great to work with and so so were my co-workers. Learned a lot more to do with financing and how to do deal with customer service issues with product in their home. Enjoyed my time working here, definitely would recommend it for anyone.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 January 2018
My experience at Leon's was a positive one, this is a great place to work with a "family-like" atmosphere.
I wish i could have continued to work here, but unfortunately i wasn't a profitable salesman.
Pros
Great pay, awesome team
Cons
I had none.
fun and productive company
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 January 2018
Leons home furniture is a very friendly place to work and all your colleagutes are very helpful and welcoming as we are apart of the family. The work is somewhat hard but you always have someone to help you when in need of help.
horrible
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 January 2018
Not a good work environment, unhelpful workers, terrible management: inexperienced, immature, and high strung. inadequate pay for the work expectation. No respect for employees. Bad business practices and procedures.
Pros
got money
Cons
everything else
Alot of physically exhausting hours
Customer Pickup Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 January 2018
The warehouse is massive so there is alot of work to be done on regular basis which can be physically exhausting. This job is part time and the company often hired alot of students for blue collar type work.
I enjoy being assigned specific tasks to do along with the freedom to complete them either independently or with assistance.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 January 2018
In a nutshell, I have enjoyed the busy and motivating work environment that Leon's provides. The days fly by and I strive for a common goal with many other dedicated employees. Other employers outcompete Leon's on a salary and benefit basis, however.
Pros
Independent work, easily identifiable productivity criteroa
Cons
Pay and benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Front Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 January 2018
The workplace is full of friendly associates who want to see you succeed, not only in the company, but also in future business opportunities. The workplace also consists of associates being productive, but also having fun throughout the day.
Good place/ bad managment and training
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 January 2018
It was a good environment to work in but the management wasn't the best and they didn't do very good with training new employees. Hardest part of the job was trying to get help but no one was around to help.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad management
Salary is a joke
Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 January 2018
I worked extremely hard for this company and when it came to bonus and salary review time, I was slapped in the face. I took so much time away from my family pouring my blood sweat and tears into a store that was falling apart but worked extremely hard to successful turn it around. I worked from home when I wasn't at the store, answering phone calls from staff that needed direction, Putting in extra unpaid hours. Leon's is a mans world so if you are a female looking to climb the ladder with this company, think about the extreme challenges that lie ahead.
Worst place to work for
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 January 2018
Leons furniture is one of the worst places to work at. First of all they don't appreciate all the work you do. Management is not helpful at all and favouritism is definitely one of the things you see. Managers treat their employers like nothing they show no appreciation whatsoever. and the salary is minimum wage. On top on that they expect you to do so much work and deal with irate customers. Not to mention the poor quality furniture they sell. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.
Paranoid Management
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 December 2017
Managers and supervisors allow rumors to rule the work place. They use internal camera's to manage the daily process, if you are use to someone questioning everything you do and watching over your shoulder via their internal camera surveillance you fit in. Be prepared for constant scolding in front of customers and staff.
Dreadful place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2017
I've worked there almost for 3 years and had a terrible experience with the management. The top hierarchy has no solutions for employees. People who can't speak appropriate English are at the management level which is really sad. Management are friends with some associates and drivers so only they get the benefit of doubt. Favoritism is always there. Complaints to the management are never kept as secrets. Management is full of gossips and hardcore grudges. Transparency is never maintained. English language seems a less priority at the work place as well as at the lunch room except the customers. No chances of growth as there's only one store in the city. The teammates are friendly and helpful. Work pressure is intense.
Pros
Dental benefits, buying marked down furniture
Cons
Horrible management
A horrible work place experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2017
This was a horrible experience because we were trained to sell poor quality items to people and expected to upsell them warranties for this garbage. They hired too many salesmen in order that the established team did not earn more than their managers. Which caused great resentment amongst them all.
Medium
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON1 December 2017
Learned about Furniture quality. Met diverse people (co-workers and customers). At my immediate store we had a good staff with a family type feel. Pay is low, but the hours will be there for you if you are looking for a job. Benifit Package for full timers. (after 3 months)
Pros
Pizza on Big sales.
enjoyable place to work
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 November 2017
salesperson on floor selling furniture, learned how to sell furniture, enjoyed working with people there. Salary based mainly on commission which made it less than stable sometimes.
Challenging
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 November 2017
It is good experience working over there, you meet different people everyday and learning new things everyday and new challenges. The work place culture was friendly as well as professional.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Weston, ON7 November 2017
Work is relaxed for a few weeks, Then the last couple of days before work goes to print, numerous changes seemed to develop. I find it quite disorganized and the moral among staff has drastically spiraled downhill.
Pros
Profit sharing, yearly company BBQ and Christmas dinner/parties
Cons
no pensions
Family oriented company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 November 2017
Everyday brings new experiences and challenges. I love to interact with customers and fulfill their needs. Great support from my management team! Long hours but the rewards make up for it.
Pros
Free benefits