Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews

Horrible Place to Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coldbrook, NS15 July 2017
You will work here for a number of years and still make min wage.
The bosses treat you horribly. Lie to their customers. Delay on all product. Just a horrible place to work!
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
Way to many to list
Fantastic!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 July 2017
Leons was on of the best places ive volunteer at. All workers have manners and respect your space an you. No one is afreaid to be you friend no matter what and everyone gets along well
an over all great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 July 2017
working at Leon's was a very fun time in my life and i enjoyed it greatly. helping customers to find just the right item or listening proactively to any complaints they may have had. i enjoy helping people and look forward to doing so again in the future.the hardest part of the job was keeping up with orders as the went from my hands to finally the customer receiving their item after a time.orders could be put in but my not be filled 3 months due to lack of stock. that was my biggest pet peeve that items were not in stock. as a team the sales force worked well together and was wonderful about helping in almost any situation.
Pros
great work place atmosphere
Cons
low amounts of stock for customers
Terrible place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 June 2017
Don't work at the Windsor location, I worked there for over 7 months as a front office associate and I was treated terribly. When I first started working there the 2 supervisors were so rude to me would never actually help train and the customer service manager was the worst not helpful at all. The work environment is terrible, all the employees talk badly about one another and make you feel terrible working there. We would go through so many new front office employees because no one could handle it. Overall worst place to work and they give you the worst hours if you're in school they don't care about you unless you're in their friend group. Childish.
Pros
Cons
Terrible hours, the people, managers, supervisors, training, washrooms.
Great company to work for as a student
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC2 June 2017
Worked there as a student to pay off my studies. Although not the best pay, management was very comprehensive and would treat their employees very well. I highly recommend this employer for students who want a great work experience.
I enjoyed my time there sometimes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2017
When there was constant business in the store it was much more enjoyable, but working in commission sales can be tough. I felt that the store was often times well over staffed or under staffed, particularly in the department I worked in.
Great Company
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canada29 May 2017
Awesome management team that fully supports the creativity of the wonderful staff. Strong leadership inspirations that help with day to day tasks of all sorts.
Low commission, poorly trained management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BC.24 May 2017
Management is promoted from within for the most part with no formal training! There is a fly be the seat of your pants attitude. Those few who have training keep the ship afloat. Commission is low: 3% on the first 5K in delivered sales within a 1 week period, then 5% above that. Flat 3% on appliances and electronics. No base salary. 100% commission. There are perks for mattresses and 'add-ons' but only the very top sales people can make a good wage.
Cons
Retail hours: work when the customers are there. ie every weekend.
very bad place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2017
Management did not know hot to do there own jobs and barely knew how to run a company. If you want a job where you just socialize and never grow then this is the place for you. Everyone working there left within a month of working there because the management is so bad to deal with. All the managers look like they have never managed anything in their lives. They are more concerned about where they are gong to be going out to get drinks then their own jobs. very disappointing place to work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
the management
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC12 May 2017
great team mates and managements.
Also great environment to work.
good company.
the only cons is the pay is commission and having an unstable
income.
Worst Job Ever
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON1 May 2017
overworked and under payed sums it up. but there is no future, no hope, and no reason to work here. you wont get a raise, you wont be treated fairly, and you will be replaced as soon as your inconvenient to the company, or start asking too many questions.
Pros
you saved someone else from getting this job
Cons
too many to list.
good times fun staff awesome incentives
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 April 2017
it was good job over all commission just wasnt enough after christmas so i had left the company to find something abit more stable and reliable. but the staff and management was great
Always hands-on, good physical work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 April 2017
A typical day at work is counting inventory, going on truck to pick specific items out of the bins, building them, then putting it on the showroom. I've learned that as long as you keep moving and finding things to do, your day goes by a lot quicker and it seems that you have more fun while doing it. I work hard and I work fast. I like to get the job done so that when I go home and I can say that I accomplished something. I love the physical work, always hands on and lifting heavy objects. The hardest part of the job when it slows down and we have to do price changes for the whole day.
Pros
The people, physical work, 40 hours a week steady days
Cons
Low wage
great place to work
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK13 April 2017
Leon's furniture was a great and exciting work environment. I meet any great people and it was a fast paced environment I always had something to do and learn.
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 March 2017
Overall Leon's is a great workplace to be apart of, it is a diverse community and allows experience in a working environment. I enjoyed learning how to be apart of customer service.
good place to work
Office clerk (Current Employee) –  OTTAWA11 March 2017
good place to work
i dont want to do review, you guys should really have an option to opt out of this. this is a waste of time. i dont know what elsee to say
Long working hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 March 2017
Long working hours, most of the days 12 hours per day
Good Managers and nice working atmosphere
Every day challenge because the spirit of commission base job
low paying warehouse job,
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2017
Long hours and hard work easy to hurt your back if you're not using proper lifting technique's and the proper equipment provided. Really good people to work with in the warehouse but upper management is really bad in terms of communication and expectations. Bad communication between departments, example between sales n the warehouse associates
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Bad working environments/ bad management /low pay
Well-Balanced Work Environment with Supportive Staff
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 February 2017
Leon's had a very relaxed working environment while still providing a steady workload throughout the day. The employees were friendly and competent, and the management was supportive. The constant physical demands were difficult at first, but the job provided me with good experience in that area. Overall, it was a positive workplace and I am thankful for the skills I was able to acquire during my employment.
Great atmosphere bad pay
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple Locations1 February 2017
Although i loved my job as a manager at Leon's Furniture they failed to provide raises after proving my worth to the company. Amazing atmosphere, staff and management horribly under paid