Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews

great benefits and salary, terrible hours of operation, fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON22 October 2017
Management was intense and had to deal with the worst customers and staff circumstances. Had to work overtime without extra compensation during events and busy times of the year.
Sales is much more relaxed however during events and busy times had to work long days sometimes 12 hours straight.
Pros
Good money
Cons
From slow boring days to overwhelming days
Do not work here
lift truck operator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 October 2017
Terrible management they do not care about you or your life at all. They take advantage of you and treat you like you’re in elementary school all over again.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Working there at all is no good
Great Place
Front Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 October 2017
Its a great space and location to work on your customer service skills. A great company to grow with, and gives many opportunities. I would recommend this job for younger people In school.
Pros
Professional Atomosphere.
Stressfull
front office and customer service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 September 2017
long days , over worked and under paid. customers are mean and management puts a lot of pressure with no appreciation. Management power trips all the time and an extreme abuse of authority.
Awful Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 September 2017
Don't waste your time working for Leon's. Leon's wants you to pay them to work. As a Sales Associate Leon's expect you to wear a five piece suit, but management will pay you 3% commission and take money out of that commission. Management harass me to get my beard shaved every week, while other employees were not bother because of religious belief. Also, Management is awful and will nag you everyday for sales and warranty, which is not usually good for the consumer.
Really Negative Environment
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 September 2017
I left Leon's solely because of the negative environment I was working in. I really enjoyed the work I did, and helping customers but the management and the people I worked with were always degrading each other, causing drama, or in a bad mood. Dealing with my co-workers was more exhausting than the actual work, and the management didn't respect their employees. So many times a customer would be screaming at you as you looked for a solution, and you would run back and fourth from the duty manager's office and the desk trying to figure it out, and the manager would never leave their office to help you or try to calm the situation. I would never ever recommend for someone to work here. The location that I worked at has lost at least 9 people from the front office since May. It's horrible. Maybe instead of focusing on their sales they should focus on how they treat their employees.
Pros
Punching Out
Cons
Punching In
Rewarding positive environment.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS6 September 2017
A typical day would start with a walk of the showroom, from there on to email communications focused on marketing plans often set months in advance followed by booking appropriate marketing support according to time lines. Next review of merchandise inventory levels with purchasing to identify gaps. Meeting with sales individually through out the day conduction performance reviews and establishing areas of focused training. Always a positive atmosphere focused on growth.
It's tough. not for everyone
Sales Representative/Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
I joined Leon's because I heard sales ppl could make some serious dough..

I did, but I was there easily 10-12hrs day is 5 days a week. I made great $$$,but if you broke it down per hr. Not so great,

The job could be boring and you can be idle all day. Sales was always a hiring and firing show, but thats how sales is.
Pros
funn environment, big company
Cons
long hours.
Hard Work, Heavy Objects
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 September 2017
Working there can get very busy with alot of trucks coming in at one time full with hundreds of products filling up the warehouse. There is barely any full timers which make high school students work very hard. We dont leave on time.
Pros
Close To Food Places
Cons
Never Leave ON Time
Was very good for keeping in shape.
Delivery truck driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 August 2017
A lot of heavy lifting, loading truck and delivering furniture. The most challenging part was getting heavy product into customers homes without any damage but it was always a success!
High turnover,
Driver (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 August 2017
Good group of people that you work with, middle management is really good. But upper management and owners are a joke. Over worked, under appreciated and way underpaid for what you're expected to do. I would gladly work with the same group of people if it was different owners and upper management.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, over worked
Warehouse order picker.
Part-time warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2017
Operate a lift truck to move/place/pick the furniture for either deliveries or customer pick-up.

Learned how to operate the lift truck/RFID scanner.

Not gonna lie, if you know how to move your weight around and can handle heavy loads then go for it. Otherwise, you really shouldn't apply.

Also good luck with the hierarchy, haha.
Horrible Place to Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coldbrook, NS15 July 2017
You will work here for a number of years and still make min wage.
The bosses treat you horribly. Lie to their customers. Delay on all product. Just a horrible place to work!
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
Way to many to list
Fantastic!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 July 2017
Leons was on of the best places ive volunteer at. All workers have manners and respect your space an you. No one is afreaid to be you friend no matter what and everyone gets along well
an over all great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 July 2017
working at Leon's was a very fun time in my life and i enjoyed it greatly. helping customers to find just the right item or listening proactively to any complaints they may have had. i enjoy helping people and look forward to doing so again in the future.the hardest part of the job was keeping up with orders as the went from my hands to finally the customer receiving their item after a time.orders could be put in but my not be filled 3 months due to lack of stock. that was my biggest pet peeve that items were not in stock. as a team the sales force worked well together and was wonderful about helping in almost any situation.
Pros
great work place atmosphere
Cons
low amounts of stock for customers
Amazing Coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 June 2017
Coming into work every day doesn't feel like a burden when I am surrounded by people that I love and enjoy being with. Everyone is understanding and thoughtful, and they are very flexible to ensure that you have a life outside Leon's.
Terrible place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 June 2017
Don't work at the Windsor location, I worked there for over 7 months as a front office associate and I was treated terribly. When I first started working there the 2 supervisors were so rude to me would never actually help train and the customer service manager was the worst not helpful at all. The work environment is terrible, all the employees talk badly about one another and make you feel terrible working there. We would go through so many new front office employees because no one could handle it. Overall worst place to work and they give you the worst hours if you're in school they don't care about you unless you're in their friend group. Childish.
Pros
Cons
Terrible hours, the people, managers, supervisors, training, washrooms.
Great company to work for as a student
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 June 2017
Worked there as a student to pay off my studies. Although not the best pay, management was very comprehensive and would treat their employees very well. I highly recommend this employer for students who want a great work experience.
I enjoyed my time there sometimes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2017
When there was constant business in the store it was much more enjoyable, but working in commission sales can be tough. I felt that the store was often times well over staffed or under staffed, particularly in the department I worked in.
Great Company
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canada29 May 2017
Awesome management team that fully supports the creativity of the wonderful staff. Strong leadership inspirations that help with day to day tasks of all sorts.