Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews

Well-Balanced Work Environment with Supportive Staff
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 February 2017
Leon's had a very relaxed working environment while still providing a steady workload throughout the day. The employees were friendly and competent, and the management was supportive. The constant physical demands were difficult at first, but the job provided me with good experience in that area. Overall, it was a positive workplace and I am thankful for the skills I was able to acquire during my employment.
low paying warehouse job,
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2017
Long hours and hard work easy to hurt your back if you're not using proper lifting technique's and the proper equipment provided. Really good people to work with in the warehouse but upper management is really bad in terms of communication and expectations. Bad communication between departments, example between sales n the warehouse associates
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Bad working environments/ bad management /low pay
Okay place to work at :)
Front Office Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 January 2017
1. The openings are filled with paperwork but once that's out of the way everything goes smoothly

2. I've learned new administrative skills

3. Some management were comprehensive, others ...not so much they only thought about $$$

4. People get easily stressed there...don't take it too seriously...

5. Hardest part of the job was having to deal with other departments that didn't want to do their jobs ^_^

6. Most enjoyable part of the job was having a solid team :D
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Can be overwhelming at times
Very exhausting
Warehouse Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 December 2016
Considering the fact i was a warehouse customer service associate, there was a lot of heavy lifting to do when you first start the job. However, as the shift continues and customers start making their way to the clearance section where i am placed is when it is more interesting as you get to deal with customers. The fun part is trying to sell them the products and convince them to buy it.
worst workplace I have ever had
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 January 2017
I worked there as a customer care department. Customer Care Manager is horrible. She does not train even new employee. She just put them into the floor. and finally we emploees are geeting yelled by the customers. the lady does not want teach anything to new employees. if anything happens wrong, just directly blame to new employees without knowing the truth behind it. They have always less employee. there is no time for others co-workers to replying anything. I do not blame my other associates. I know when they come into work, every minutes they have to take stresses and rush to finish work. lot of things they have to do in the same time. I do not know how she became customer care manager, she does not have any managerial skills. she is not even high school graduate.
Pros
NONE
Cons
long hours, get yelled all the time by customers
overall fun and the staff is like family.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 December 2016
Leons hasnt become the leader home furnish distribution for nothing ...leons continusly strives on the mantra part of the family...they take pride in making your hardest visions come true to ensure your home becomes ur home...the staff was great to work with..thehours are long but if u love ur work and the staff u soon realize u enjoy those long days.
Pros
staff. exciting
Cons
hard
Franchise store, Not enough time in the day.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS12 November 2016
Go to work knowing there is going to be something not done that "NEEDS" to be done.
Too many Bosses, needing things done "Now".
Not enough W/H staff to accommodate work load.
People under me are GREAT to work with.
Best part of the job is no one bothers you in the W/H after hours and things can be completed then, AFTER office staff has gone home.
Medical is OK.
No real benefit from working there. After 6 months working there you get 25% off furniture only.
New employees get used/old apparel to represent the company.
Vacation pay paid on each cheque
Pros
You get paid from the minute you punch in to the minute you punch out.
Cons
TOO many bosses.
Leons Furniture
Delivery Driver/Swamper/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
The management are easy-going and very friendly...usually, lol. There are many different positions throughout the building that may be good for all kinds of people because it is a showroom and a warehouse. Home deliveries come from this location as well. The lunchroom is spacious and there is plenty of parking for staff.
Pros
Good people, easy-going management
Cons
4th floor deliveries, no pension
Great team mates and great upper management
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
I worked for Leon's furniture during a very big transition in the Marketing team management. It was a great learning experience where I was able to utilize my past experiences in helping the transition go smoothly. Due to my relocation I had to submit my letter of resignation. I had a great working relationship with my boss and the new management staff that came aboard at the time. They offered sports where I joined the volley ball team and was able to participate in the Sick Kids summer tournaments. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with all the papers throughout Canada for the distribution of our flyers. I developed some very good working relationships.
Pros
Profit sharing
Company is a joke
Front Office/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 December 2016
I worked for the company for just about 7 months was let go. They didn't give me a good reason, was told just wasn't working out. They are a joke of a company to work for, they don't care much about their employees I would never recommend the company to others for work, or to even shop there!
Good company to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 December 2016
Long hours make it less productive at times
Diverse clientele and interactions
Different ways of production of furniture and wood qualities

Colleagues are good and caring
Hardest part is its commission based.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Long hours and commission based
Excellent work culture
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2016
- A day at work is good.
- Working style of a big company and its customer service.
- Management is really helpful.
- Co-workers are friendly.
- Dealing with angry customers but with the help of training we handle such situations successfully.
- Smile on happy customers face.
Pros
Health benefits, Dental benefits.
Cons
Sometimes angry customers
Good company
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 January 2017
This is a good company for a younger person to start out with and to move up to different levels of the business.
This job has flexible hours and provides an MIT program to allow other to advance in management.
Pros
job stability
Productive and fun place
Warehouse Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 January 2017
The working place is clean and well keep. The people working there are diverse group of people. Everyone works as a team. Management has provided the basic necessities of the workers.
Great atmosphere bad pay
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple Locations1 February 2017
Although i loved my job as a manager at Leon's Furniture they failed to provide raises after proving my worth to the company. Amazing atmosphere, staff and management horribly under paid
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 March 2017
Overall Leon's is a great workplace to be apart of, it is a diverse community and allows experience in a working environment. I enjoyed learning how to be apart of customer service.
Bad overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canada13 August 2016
Would not recomend working here. Underpaid, their customer service policies are morally wrong. You're trained to basically be the bringer of bad news almost always. Managers are clicky biased and will 360 on you if you're easy to blame. You're basically going to expect being yelled at by customers 24/7 working in customer service and I can tell you right now8/10 people you're dealing with will be miserable. You're guarenteed fulltime hours but at the same time if you're not liked by managment you won't have much of a choice in what you work. Not much for work life balance. Pay is better than other retail jobs but is it worth it for the amount you have to take?
Pros
hour break
Cons
mistreatment
An awful job, with awful pay
Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 July 2016
Management is awful! Most of them treat their employees like they are their personal slaves. Sales associates are paid too much and everyone else is not paid enough. unfair here. sales staff is also constantly scrutinized. Customers abuse employees daily, and coworkers are okay.

Managers expect too much of their employees

BUT WHEN YOU UNDER-PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES LEONS, DONT EXPECT GREAT WORK :)
Pros
discount on furniture
Cons
awful pay, awful management on all levels
Long working hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 March 2017
Long working hours, most of the days 12 hours per day
Good Managers and nice working atmosphere
Every day challenge because the spirit of commission base job
Great coworkers but Management needs to improve
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 September 2016
Typical day at work is busy, I do most of the work alone. Great coworkers, though. Salary is much to be desired considering the amount of work is given to us.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
horrible management

68%