Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews

very bad place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2017
Management did not know hot to do there own jobs and barely knew how to run a company. If you want a job where you just socialize and never grow then this is the place for you. Everyone working there left within a month of working there because the management is so bad to deal with. All the managers look like they have never managed anything in their lives. They are more concerned about where they are gong to be going out to get drinks then their own jobs. very disappointing place to work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
the management
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC12 May 2017
great team mates and managements.
Also great environment to work.
good company.
the only cons is the pay is commission and having an unstable
income.
Worst Job Ever
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON1 May 2017
overworked and under payed sums it up. but there is no future, no hope, and no reason to work here. you wont get a raise, you wont be treated fairly, and you will be replaced as soon as your inconvenient to the company, or start asking too many questions.
Pros
you saved someone else from getting this job
Cons
too many to list.
good times fun staff awesome incentives
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 April 2017
it was good job over all commission just wasnt enough after christmas so i had left the company to find something abit more stable and reliable. but the staff and management was great
Always hands-on, good physical work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 April 2017
A typical day at work is counting inventory, going on truck to pick specific items out of the bins, building them, then putting it on the showroom. I've learned that as long as you keep moving and finding things to do, your day goes by a lot quicker and it seems that you have more fun while doing it. I work hard and I work fast. I like to get the job done so that when I go home and I can say that I accomplished something. I love the physical work, always hands on and lifting heavy objects. The hardest part of the job when it slows down and we have to do price changes for the whole day.
Pros
The people, physical work, 40 hours a week steady days
Cons
Low wage
great place to work
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK13 April 2017
Leon's furniture was a great and exciting work environment. I meet any great people and it was a fast paced environment I always had something to do and learn.
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 March 2017
Overall Leon's is a great workplace to be apart of, it is a diverse community and allows experience in a working environment. I enjoyed learning how to be apart of customer service.
good place to work
Office clerk (Current Employee) –  OTTAWA11 March 2017
good place to work
i dont want to do review, you guys should really have an option to opt out of this. this is a waste of time. i dont know what elsee to say
Long working hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 March 2017
Long working hours, most of the days 12 hours per day
Good Managers and nice working atmosphere
Every day challenge because the spirit of commission base job
low paying warehouse job,
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2017
Long hours and hard work easy to hurt your back if you're not using proper lifting technique's and the proper equipment provided. Really good people to work with in the warehouse but upper management is really bad in terms of communication and expectations. Bad communication between departments, example between sales n the warehouse associates
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Bad working environments/ bad management /low pay
Well-Balanced Work Environment with Supportive Staff
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 February 2017
Leon's had a very relaxed working environment while still providing a steady workload throughout the day. The employees were friendly and competent, and the management was supportive. The constant physical demands were difficult at first, but the job provided me with good experience in that area. Overall, it was a positive workplace and I am thankful for the skills I was able to acquire during my employment.
Great atmosphere bad pay
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple Locations1 February 2017
Although i loved my job as a manager at Leon's Furniture they failed to provide raises after proving my worth to the company. Amazing atmosphere, staff and management horribly under paid
Okay place to work at :)
Front Office Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 January 2017
1. The openings are filled with paperwork but once that's out of the way everything goes smoothly

2. I've learned new administrative skills

3. Some management were comprehensive, others ...not so much they only thought about $$$

4. People get easily stressed there...don't take it too seriously...

5. Hardest part of the job was having to deal with other departments that didn't want to do their jobs ^_^

6. Most enjoyable part of the job was having a solid team :D
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Can be overwhelming at times
Productive and fun place
Warehouse Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 January 2017
The working place is clean and well keep. The people working there are diverse group of people. Everyone works as a team. Management has provided the basic necessities of the workers.
worst workplace I have ever had
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 January 2017
I worked there as a customer care department. Customer Care Manager is horrible. She does not train even new employee. She just put them into the floor. and finally we emploees are geeting yelled by the customers. the lady does not want teach anything to new employees. if anything happens wrong, just directly blame to new employees without knowing the truth behind it. They have always less employee. there is no time for others co-workers to replying anything. I do not blame my other associates. I know when they come into work, every minutes they have to take stresses and rush to finish work. lot of things they have to do in the same time. I do not know how she became customer care manager, she does not have any managerial skills. she is not even high school graduate.
Pros
Cons
long hours, get yelled all the time by customers
Good company
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 January 2017
This is a good company for a younger person to start out with and to move up to different levels of the business.
This job has flexible hours and provides an MIT program to allow other to advance in management.
Pros
job stability
Company is a joke
Front Office/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 December 2016
I worked for the company for just about 7 months was let go. They didn't give me a good reason, was told just wasn't working out. They are a joke of a company to work for, they don't care much about their employees I would never recommend the company to others for work, or to even shop there!
Good company to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 December 2016
Long hours make it less productive at times
Diverse clientele and interactions
Different ways of production of furniture and wood qualities

Colleagues are good and caring
Hardest part is its commission based.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Long hours and commission based
overall fun and the staff is like family.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 December 2016
Leons hasnt become the leader home furnish distribution for nothing ...leons continusly strives on the mantra part of the family...they take pride in making your hardest visions come true to ensure your home becomes ur home...the staff was great to work with..thehours are long but if u love ur work and the staff u soon realize u enjoy those long days.
Pros
staff. exciting
Cons
hard
Very exhausting
Warehouse Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 December 2016
Considering the fact i was a warehouse customer service associate, there was a lot of heavy lifting to do when you first start the job. However, as the shift continues and customers start making their way to the clearance section where i am placed is when it is more interesting as you get to deal with customers. The fun part is trying to sell them the products and convince them to buy it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leon's Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.