Leon's Furniture

Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Advancement opportunities
Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 4, 2015
Leon's is a great place for someone to start a career. Anyone can start out in a part time position here and with the right amount of hard work the sky is the limit.
Very shady company
Driver (Former Employee), SudburyMarch 23, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: To many to mention
I worked 1 year in the Sudbury , Ontario location...
I've never seen so much employee abuse from upper management in my life .. I was a delivery driver for these crooks..they hire mostly students in the warehouse that don't have a clue about their rights as an employee .
And the shady dealings I've seen there just blew my mind!!!
They blalantly rip off customers with garbage furniture they get from China.
Competitive Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONMarch 7, 2015
Pros: flexibility with personal appointments
Cons: long hours on your feet
Leon's was a competitive sales environment with up to 8 sales associates on the floor at one time. With a competitive environment there was a certain tension between sales staff. The environment was productive, however could be negative as well.
The wages were 100% commission sales, and a bonus system was in place. Benefits were top of the line. The hours were very long each day, mostly 11-12 hour days.
Good place to work, good environment
Warehouse supervisor, Deliveries, (Current Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: stay in a healthy physical shape from the work
Cons: dealing with negative customers
Easy people to get along with.
Steady pace
A lot of physical work and use of scanners/computers.
Deal with positive and negative customers while dealing with a service issue or while on delivery.
Productive workplace with pleasant staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 12, 2015
Typical day clock in and wait for customers
Learned much from customer interactions and other staff members
Food was excellent
Decent money and benefits.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Sudbury, OntarioJanuary 3, 2015
Commission based job at a good percentage. Very difficult to have a personal life with this job, as you are expected to work nearly every weekend, and 11 hour days.
Sales job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2014
Sales people are treated like kids with no respect and forced to lie to customers! worst place to work at, but money is not bad and maybe that's why i stayed there for long time, but a big mistake :(
Great company to work for
Decorator's Assistant (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 5, 2014
Typical day included decorating and building furniture and appliances.
Decent Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Niagara on the lakeOctober 2, 2014
Pros: co workers, clean job, stable and financialy sound company
Cons: hours and work/life balance.
Company is generally well run from Upper Management and at corporate level. This is a good job if you love retail, pay is good for retail sales but is straight commission. Hardest part of job is the hours required, although average work week in sales is approx. 35 hrs. it requires a lot of nights and most weekends. For the most part co workers are great too work with, and many are long term employees , most stores have a general family atmosphere to them. In sales you are reviewed every three months and are expected too meet strong sales quotas.
Good place to work during school.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 25, 2014
Pros: good hours, very flexible.
Cons: management, intense labour.
A typical day at work is usually tough, involves a lot of labour in a very dusty and hot warehouse.
Fun Work Place
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKAugust 20, 2014
Great friendly environment, a lot of room for advancement with company.
Great experience to start with.
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2014
Pros: family feel culture, room to grow within the company
Cons: salary to start with is not to great
Leon's carries a great work dynamic and encourages growth within.
Fun,Productive,Challenging
Sales Associate (Current Employee), London,ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: meeting people, learning a ton
Cons: long hours, 10-9
I have learned so much from my position at Leon's. Im trained in the 6 steps of selling. The most important obviously closing the deal. I have become a top closer in my current position attaining salesman of the month in November and December. These are our busiest times at the month. The harder part of the job is when traffic is not coming through the door. Most enjoyable is meeting all kinds of people, networking and building relationships.
Competitve Sales Environment
Furniture sales associate (Former Employee), Gander, NLJanuary 29, 2014
.IT was a furniture sales environment so you had to be on your toes as pay was based on your sales. I had great co-workers and management.
Good employer
Janitorial Assistant (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: nice atmosphere
Cons: no cons
Did general cleaning duties throughout storefront and warehouse area as well as all recycling.
Not a bad place to work, middle of the road
Delivery Worker/ Warehouse hand (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 3, 2013
Pros: steady work
Cons: a few stupid rules
It was not a bad place to work, They do have a very Stupid rule there that once you've worked there once ....even if they like you you can never reapply
Good Co-workers and that's it.
MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 27, 2013
Pros: fun people (most)
Cons: being employed by leon's
Unfortunately for the team, the only training management gets from Leon's is a 'learn as you go' type education. This leaving too much room for error and confusion. This being the reason for my resigning.
Leon's will overwhelm you with praise and positivity, but it is all fake. They only care about the business and when your need is fulfilled, the 'caring' goes out the window. They will try and have you resign so as not to have to pay your severance. Be aware.
Lets remember that they are all salesmen.
I have never worked for a company that continually forgets to order stock for customers, forgets to call waiting customers back and preaches' integrity' unless you threaten to complain. Then you will get what you want. That's integrity??

This all stemming from store management that has no idea how to manage.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 22, 2013
Pros: fantastic bosses/co-workers
Cons: just enjoyed job
I was only with Leon's a short time as I moved to Edmonton area. while I was there I really enjoyed Leon's. Some of the customers could be hard to deal with as is the norm in any customer service job, but all in all was a good happy place to work.
Make sure you know how to sell
Sales Associate (Former Employee), BrantfordNovember 19, 2013
Pros: sales staff great people
Cons: comission based, high turn over, management issues
Great sales team. Made friends. Some management issues and high turn over. Long hours with sometimes very poor resaults. No balance between life and work, average 11-12 hr days through the week. Good luck trying to take time off for specail occasion especailly if it falls on a sales event no matter how much time in advance you tell them.
Great Co-workers and Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Regina, SaskatchewanSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: unlimited breaks and lunches
Cons: long hours
A typical day starts with a team meeting, cleaning up the electronic area and turning on TV's. After that the day is spent taking rotations for customers that walk through the doors. Once with a customer, you build rapport, find what the customer came to look for and assist in finding the perfect appliance or furniture piece for your customer. Once an item has been selecting, determining the stock situation and how long it will be to receive is next. After those steps have been completed the sales associate can then fill in the appropriate pieces of information for that customer. I learned from this job how important building rapport is because if a customer doesn't trust you or like you the chances of them buying from you decreases. The management at Leon's was very good. They knew their employees and how to keep everything running smoothly. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and the wage being based on commission. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. They felt like family to me and I always looked forward to going to work.

1 2 3

About Leon's Furniture

Founded in 1909 by Ablan Leon, the A. Leon Company started out as a general merchandise store in the small town of Welland in – Read more